The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 11:40 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
One thing we do have to remember too is that if and when the Queen sanctions Harry's marriage to Meghan, its sanctioning it as his monarch and not his grandmother. There's a difference there. As hel mentioned, it involves the Queen and the Privy Counsel. Its a formality. There would have to be some really serious issues for the Queen *not* to sanction the marriage.

Old 05-17-2017, 11:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
One thing we do have to remember too is that if and when the Queen sanctions Harry's marriage to Meghan, its sanctioning it as his monarch and not his grandmother. There's a difference there. As hel mentioned, it involves the Queen and the Privy Counsel. Its a formality. There would have to be some really serious issues for the Queen *not* to sanction the marriage.
I'm sure The Queen and Privy Counsel would be happy to give the coup,e their blessing. It's all up to the couple.

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-17-2017, 11:55 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
I don't disagree with you at all. I just don't think it's going to be five years.
OK, thanks for the clarification,now I understand that--I'm thinking Autumn 2018 myself, engagement after Suits is done, wedding 6 months or so later. They will have known each other over two years at that point and at their ages long enough to know if this is what they want, IMO.
Old 05-18-2017, 12:05 AM
Majesty

Someone needs to do a poll we can vote in like they do for the fashions! lol

LaRae
Old 05-18-2017, 07:38 AM
Nobility

Prince Harry can wed Meghan Markle at Westminster Abbey | Daily Mail Online

Not anything specifically about H&M just the church reaffirming the policy that yes, divorcees and people of other religions can marry in the Abbey.
Old 05-18-2017, 08:40 AM
Heir Apparent

There's speculation that an announcement will be on Aug. 4, both Meghan's and the late Queen Mother's birthdays.

Does anyone know when Suits stops filming?
Old 05-18-2017, 08:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

It won't be on the Queens Mothers birthday
Old 05-18-2017, 08:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
There's speculation that an announcement will be on Aug. 4, both Meghan's and the late Queen Mother's birthdays.

Suits doesn't stop filming until the fall.
Old 05-18-2017, 10:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post

If the Privy Council advised the Queen against the marriage, she, as a constitutional monarch, would have to withhold her consent thereto. However, I don't see why the Privy Council would object to Harry marrying Meghan, especially considering that Harry is only 5th in line to the throne, i.e, whomever he marries is not really a matter of state.
Old 05-18-2017, 10:53 AM
Heir Apparent

If this winds up leading to marriage, I will be very happy for Harry. He will have lucked out big-time. I think marriage for Harry is more important for him than for her. She likely would be fine (imo) just being in a long-term relationship (with or without babies - wouldn't that be avant-garde!)
Old 05-18-2017, 10:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
If the Privy Council advised the Queen against the marriage, she, as a constitutional monarch, would have to withhold her consent thereto. However, I don't see why the Privy Council would object to Harry marrying Meghan, especially considering that Harry is only 5th in line to the throne, i.e, whomever he marries is not really a matter of state.

Whoever he marries is a matter of state.

The British government decided in 2013 that the Sovereign's approval was required when any of the first 6 people in the line of succession marry. In passing that legislature the British government was essentially asserting that it is a matter of state who the first 6 people in the line of succession marry.

This means that who Harry marries is a matter of state. Who Beatrice or Eugenie marry is not, but who Harry marries is.
Old 05-18-2017, 11:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
Whoever he marries is a matter of state.

The British government decided in 2013 that the Sovereign's approval was required when any of the first 6 people in the line of succession marry. In passing that legislature the British government was essentially asserting that it is a matter of state who the first 6 people in the line of succession marry.

This means that who Harry marries is a matter of state. Who Beatrice or Eugenie marry is not, but who Harry marries is.

I am perfectly aware that the consent is legally required, but what I meant should be pretty clear. Being first or fifth in line is not the same and the required degree of caution when deciding on Harry's marriage is obviously not the same as it would be for Charles or William.

Let's be realistic, unless a tragedy happens Harry won't be king, neither will any of his children. He won't normally have direct access to government papers or government ministers and will have little involvement in state mattters. Hence the claim that his marriage is de facto, ialbeit not de jure, outside the category of a relevant state issue.
Old 05-19-2017, 12:31 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post

Suits films up to November.

People are speculating that they will be engaged by Invictus so choosing significant dates before that. A romantic birthday proposal for one.

Even if they get engaged earlier, I don't see it being announced before filming is at least done. I think there will be the obvious expectation of her being in London after engagement in lead up. I don't see a wedding until after season finale anyways.
Old 05-19-2017, 12:38 AM
Heir Apparent

I thought I read a post a while back which mentioned that they had a short hiatus from filming in June. As Harry will be in Singapore and Australia in early June they won't meet up then, but maybe later.
Old 05-19-2017, 12:18 PM
Majesty

'"The Suits actress, who landed in London on Tuesday, was spotted leaving a swanky spa in Soho, London, ahead of the society event of year."
Old 05-19-2017, 12:37 PM
Heir Apparent

There's probably been a lot of preening in the spa for several of the female guests in the run up to this wedding. It's just unfortunate that a lot of the fresh complexions and the finery looks as if it's going to be hidden under multiple umbrellas. That's English weather for you!
Old 05-19-2017, 02:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

She has a killer lower body!
I can't wait to see what she wears tomorrow. I hope she wears a nice, elegant, and chic fascinator instead of a hat.
Old 05-19-2017, 05:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
She has a killer lower body!
I can't wait to see what she wears tomorrow. I hope she wears a nice, elegant, and chic fascinator instead of a hat.
She does that and she's sold out! Won't think the same of her. In fact, a fascinator in hair's breath of her hair and they are engaged! She's morphed into 'them'.
Old 05-19-2017, 09:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I am perfectly aware that the consent is legally required, but what I meant should be pretty clear. Being first or fifth in line is not the same and the required degree of caution when deciding on Harry's marriage is obviously not the same as it would be for Charles or William.

Let's be realistic, unless a tragedy happens Harry won't be king, neither will any of his children. He won't normally have direct access to government papers or government ministers and will have little involvement in state mattters. Hence the claim that his marriage is de facto, ialbeit not de jure, outside the category of a relevant state issue.
I'm sure the people who invented the law knew this as well, get they still chose 6 degrees of the crown to be their cutoff mark.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 05-19-2017, 10:42 PM
Majesty

How tall is she? She has that long lean look that kinda reminds me of Diana, first time that's crossed my mind, seeing her in this outfit.

LaRae