The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 11:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Definitely agree. She has a comfort and natural ease with the camera even when not scripted acting. She doesn't have a nervous twitch, keeps eye contact. Will be very natural if they wed. And if not, then she could do good in an interview show or even something like the talk.

Old 05-17-2017, 12:21 AM
Majesty

I don't understand all the fuss about her name. Harry's is easy as when his parents made his name public they stated that he would be called "Harry" which is no big deal with people shortening names.

Meghan is called by her second name and is obviously quite used to explaining it, after all, she has a passport and she was married, both of which would have required a birth certificate or other "official" document stating Rachel is her first name. Best of all, it doesn't bother her and she seems to use it as an excellent ice-breaker.

I know that in the world we live bureaucracy demands we adhere to our actual birth name as things like border control etc. are that much tighter. But I don't have much faith in a bureaucracy that demands one thing and makes no room to actually accommodate it. Nine out of ten formal documents that have little boxes to fill in the letters of your full name don't have enough little boxes. I mean, really?

Old 05-17-2017, 07:50 AM
Aristocracy

I don't think people here are really fussing over her name. Someone just realized they needed to use her legal first name rather than her chosen name to verify a fact, and that spurred a little bit of side discussion about legal names.
Old 05-17-2017, 12:50 PM
Nobility

Meghan Markle Arrives in London for Pippa Middleton's Wedding | E! News

Apparently Meghan is in London, she arrived on Tuesday according to eonline.
Old 05-17-2017, 02:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by csw View Post
Several other sites are now saying the same thing:

AOL:
https://www.aol.com/article/entertai...osal/22095631/

Vogue:
http://www.vogue.com/article/did-pri...-meghan-markle

Express UK:
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/805...-Royal-Wedding
Old 05-17-2017, 02:41 PM
Royal Highness

Will this news have any real background?
Old 05-17-2017, 02:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

I guess we really will never know until we get an official announcement.
Old 05-17-2017, 03:00 PM
Serene Highness

They all cite The Mirror, which cites Star magazine, a tabloid. Lol, reminds me of all those articles about Cressida and Harry on the verge of marriage. But who knows, maybe he will propose after even barely a year ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

To be a legend, you've either got to be dead or excessively old!
Christopher Lee
Old 05-17-2017, 04:55 PM
Nobility

I'm basing my own engagement speculation on Harry's and Meghan's own actions, these tabloid gossips always predict engagement. For everyone. But Imo, Meghan wouldn't have ended her blog and Reitman contract unless they've had serious planning for their future, and both are on the same page. But this is all jmho, and I might be wrong.
Old 05-17-2017, 05:27 PM
Heir Apparent

Meghan Markle Arrives in London for Pippa Middleton's Wedding | E! News
Old 05-17-2017, 05:35 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
One thing that is pretty much certain is that Harry and Meghan are still very much a couple at this point and she's in London to attend a wedding with him that will generate a lot of interest in and of itself.

There are so many indications that this relationship is heading to an engagement between the two but I have to say that for me, its not going with Harry to a wedding nor is it reports that the Queen may have given her permission or that she wound down on several things she's been doing such as her blog and her involvement with a clothing contract.

I've not seen too much about it lately but the biggest possible indication that these two are serious was the report that Harry and Meghan may head to Africa and Lesotho to visit Harry's Sentebale and meet Prince Seeiso. If Harry is taking Meghan to visit and see what happens at Sentebale, which is something very near and dear to Harry's heart, this isn't your ordinary "date" or "meet the friends" type of thing. He's sharing with her a passion of his and to do that, he has a pretty good idea that Meghan is not only interested but perhaps even eager to be a part of it. From what I know, I don't think he's ever taken someone with him to Sentebale that he's been connected romantically to.

So, that's the biggest indication for me. If and when an engagement happens is anyone's guess right now but I think they're clearing the path towards a future together.
Old 05-17-2017, 05:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
I'm basing my own engagement speculation on Harry's and Meghan's own actions, these tabloid gossips always predict engagement. For everyone. But Imo, Meghan wouldn't have ended her blog and Reitman contract unless they've had serious planning for their future, and both are on the same page. But this is all jmho, and I might be wrong.

I'm with you on this. The actions of both Meghan and Harry over the last few months have made it clear that this is a serious relationship headed somewhere... from Harry's public letter on her back in November to Meghan ending her Reitmans contract, the direction they're headed in is clear.
Old 05-17-2017, 05:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

It's not easy looking for signs for when royal couples are to get engaged. It's always a surprise moment and on a day when you're not thinking anything will be announced. William and Catherine attending a friends wedding gained a great deal of buzz, but it was still a morning surprise when they made the official announcement of their engagement in November 2010. The biggest indication of their attentions was when they moved in together at the cottage in Wales.

What we do know of Harry and Meghan, they stay at each other's house when they're together.

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-17-2017, 09:19 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
It's not easy looking for signs for when royal couples are to get engaged. It's always a surprise moment and on a day when you're not thinking anything will be announced. William and Catherine attending a friends wedding gained a great deal of buzz, but it was still a morning surprise when they made the official announcement of their engagement in November 2010. The biggest indication of their attentions was when they moved in together at the cottage in Wales.

What we do know of Harry and Meghan, they stay at each other's house when they're together.
It is neat to think that W&K were engaged at that wedding!! If Meghan is indeed at Pippa's actual ceremony, it would be cool if they were engaged to.
Old 05-17-2017, 09:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post

It's not necessarily about looking for signs that they're engaged... it's more about looking at what we know and acknowledging that this relationship has the appearance of being very serious.

There are a number of posters on this thread who have been waiting for the engagement announcement practically since the rumours of a relationship first surfaced in October. There are also a number of posters who are determined to diminish this as no more serious than Harry's past relationships. But if you actually look at the facts, it's pretty clear that this is very likely more serious (and more mature) than his relationship with Chelsy or Cressida.

First there is the fact that Harry publicly acknowledge the relationship in November, before there were any pictures of them together, any evidence the rumours were true, or really anything more than rumours. This is unprecedented and it was a move he could have just as easily not done.

Then there's the fact that we've seen both Harry and Meghan make frequent trips to visit one another since the relationship became public - which, as much as air travel is easier than it has in generations past, you don't hop on a 7 hour flight just for a booty call. You can also add the fact that Harry broke protocol to briefly stop over in Toronto after his Caribbean tour. Sure he's impulsive, but again, that's not something you do for a casual relationship.

Then there's the fact that Meghan has drastically altered her public persona in the last few months. And given up not one, but two sources of income. We don't know the details about what happened behind the scenes with Tig, but we do know that Reitmans still wanted to continue their relationship with her, and she abruptly ended it. Not something you do for a casual relationship that isn't going anywhere.

I don't know if they're engaged now, or soon to be engaged or what. I'm not looking for signs for an engagement - I'm not expecting a publicly announced engagement until after Meghan's work in Suits is finished. But I definitely think that there are clear indicators that this is a relationship that both Meghan and Harry are taking seriously, and is in all likelihood headed towards marriage.
Old 05-17-2017, 10:17 PM
Nobility

I think that any story that says that the Queen "has given her permission" should be taken with a Dead Sea's worth of salt.

For one thing, "the queen's permission" is largely a rubber stamp, otherwise it wouldn't be routinely given after the engagement was announced. Sure and Harry's unlikely to propose if he knew his Grandmother was dead set against it. And if she was, I'm sure she'd let him know well before he got to the point of proposing. But we're not hearing any rumblings about her or the Establishment being unhappy about the relationship.

Harry and Meghan may get engaged, they may not. But it's not 1953 and I don't think there's going to be anything so dramatic as Harry going to the queen for permission and being granted it. If ( <-- see what I did there?) it gets close to an engagement, he'll talk over his plans with his family like a normal human, he'll introduce Meghan to his Grandparents like a normal human, and unless crockery starts flying, they'll announce an engagement and then a date. A few weeks before the wedding, HM will meet with her PC and declare her permission. (That last part is not like a normal human, to be fair.)

"The queen's permission" at this point is the fevered ravings of a writer with column inches to fill and a paucity of understanding about how the royal family works.

Now, as for the timing of a possible wedding (again a big) if that happens? I tend to come down on the side of sooner rather than later; my grandmother is 99 and will be 100 in October... I know I consider the question "will Grandma be there if I wait?" I think that's a fairly human way to look at it, so I wouldn't be surprised if it has crossed Harry's mind.
Old 05-17-2017, 10:23 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
It's not necessarily about looking for signs that they're engaged... it's more about looking at what we know and acknowledging that this relationship has the appearance of being very serious.

There are a number of posters on this thread who have been waiting for the engagement announcement practically since the rumours of a relationship first surfaced in October. There are also a number of posters who are determined to diminish this as no more serious than Harry's past relationships. But if you actually look at the facts, it's pretty clear that this is very likely more serious (and more mature) than his relationship with Chelsy or Cressida.

First there is the fact that Harry publicly acknowledge the relationship in November, before there were any pictures of them together, any evidence the rumours were true, or really anything more than rumours. This is unprecedented and it was a move he could have just as easily not done.

Then there's the fact that we've seen both Harry and Meghan make frequent trips to visit one another since the relationship became public - which, as much as air travel is easier than it has in generations past, you don't hop on a 7 hour flight just for a booty call. You can also add the fact that Harry broke protocol to briefly stop over in Toronto after his Caribbean tour. Sure he's impulsive, but again, that's not something you do for a casual relationship.

Then there's the fact that Meghan has drastically altered her public persona in the last few months. And given up not one, but two sources of income. We don't know the details about what happened behind the scenes with Tig, but we do know that Reitmans still wanted to continue their relationship with her, and she abruptly ended it. Not something you do for a casual relationship that isn't going anywhere.

I don't know if they're engaged now, or soon to be engaged or what. I'm not looking for signs for an engagement - I'm not expecting a publicly announced engagement until after Meghan's work in Suits is finished. But I definitely think that there are clear indicators that this is a relationship that both Meghan and Harry are taking seriously, and is in all likelihood headed towards marriage.
I agree with everything you've written. Harry and Meghan both seem to be working on this relationship, with more effort than a fling.
Old 05-17-2017, 10:31 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post

Now, as for the timing of a possible wedding (again a big) if that happens? I tend to come down on the side of sooner rather than later; my grandmother is 99 and will be 100 in October... I know I consider the question "will Grandma be there if I wait?" I think that's a fairly human way to look at it, so I wouldn't be surprised if it has crossed Harry's mind.
I don't see a wedding until Meghan has finished her commitment to Suits. She doesn't seem like someone who would jump ship and leave her colleagues in the lurch.
Old 05-17-2017, 10:36 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
I don't see a wedding until Meghan's has finished her commitment to Suits. She doesn't seem like someone who would jump ship and leave her colleagues in the lurch.
I don't disagree with you at all. I just don't think it's going to be five years.
Old 05-17-2017, 10:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post

I agree that they are serious. I don't dispute that, but it's just hard to see when an engagement will come. It's always a surprise and a moment of excitement when you least expect it. It seems like the royal world stopped for a moment when the Cambridge's news came down and some folks had to come on the forums to see if it was really true.

I try not to get caught up in the speculations, but, yes, this couple is serious.

A.W. TOZER
Closed Thread