The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2017, 04:11 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
If Harry was dating Lady Poundcake, she would also be at the polo and no doubt probably give him a hug.

Nothing I see from Meghan and Harry is unique. He's done all this before.

The difference with this relationship is there appears to be a biological clock ticking. I agree the older he gets the more likely he will be to get married, whether that's a good reason or not.
But he's not dating Lady Poundcake, and that's a fact.

I think there are fairly significant differences between Meghan/Harry's relationship and Harry's prior relationships. But we each see what we see and interpret as we will.

Personally, I don't think there's any doubt that this relationship is quite different, and not just because of their ages. It's already been reported how comfortable they are with each, and how things just seem "natural" between them, as if they've "always known each other." Harry's November press announcement is unprecedented. And it seems that after the trip to Norway, their relationship deepened, with Meghan spending a great deal of time in London with Harry in January and February.

Then the Inskip wedding in Jamaica. And I don't ever recall hearing so much about Harry whisking a young lady away for a special trip to see the northern lights, or to attend a best friend's wedding and escape for several days afterward to an exclusive romantic hotel with a cave restaurant. And then the private date night at the London museum. There's the fact that Harry detoured to see Meghan in Toronto on his way back from the Caribbean. He recently made the trip to spend Easter weekend with Meghan in Toronto. So they are each making notable efforts to ensure they spend quality time together and bridge the long distance.

In addition, there is the larger public interest generated due to Meghan's high profile as an actor, and as an American living in Canada with an already built-in fanbase from her tv show and her lifestyle blog. Another difference is that Meghan is an independently wealthy career woman who has had past relationships and breakups which allows her to know more about herself and has prepared her for this experience with Harry. She brings a lot to the relationship. They are both at a point in life where they have admitted being ready to start a family. And they have given themselves time for their relationship to develop. It's simply the nature of who Harry is that colors everything and ratchets up the public's interest and the media's OTT intrusiveness, which they are determined to keep a lid on.

While we've seen Harry canoodling affectionately in public with Chelsy before, he always seemed a bit bored in the pictures I've seen of him with Cressida. It was young love with Chelsy that did not endure for a number of reasons, including her extreme discomfort for having to deal with relentless media bombardment. Nor was Chelsy that interested in living in London long term after trying it out. I'm sure Chelsy and Harry had opportunities to get away from it all and spend quality time on trips together, and at her home in South Africa. But again, that was young love, and Harry was also dealing with unresolved grief throughout his twenties, as he recently revealed. He reportedly was interested in possibly marrying Chelsy, but the problems they faced led to them having an on again off again romance. And then they split for good around the time of William/Kate's wedding. After the birth of his neice and nephew, Harry found himself even more eager to have children of his own. In interviews, he often discussed being ready to find the right person, willing to take on the pressures of royal life.

The military further matured Harry, and the experience in Las Vegas, likely helped lead him toward seeking help for his emotional issues. In recent years, he seemed to be more philosophical and reflective, and also more purposeful in regard to his work with Sentebale, and with injured veterans, which led to him creating the Invictus Games.

So, like Osipi said earlier, both Meghan and Harry have been leading full and purposeful lives. They appear to have a lot in common, and to have come together at the right time for each of them.

Old 05-07-2017, 04:38 PM
Majesty

Holiday wise I think it strikes people because it's more personal. Cressida went skiing with Harry and friends. Chelsy went to Africa and the tropics again with friends, or to see her family. None of these were seen as new or unusual. Harry often skis, goes to Africa or the beach. His girlfriends came with him. He did such things before them and after.

The northern lights were special because it was something new, something to share with Meghan. She didn't accompany him on his usual ski trip. They instead took a personal trip. And considering her pre Harry love of the northern lights, has led people to believe the trip was her idea place wise.

Harry has traveled to meet family before. He has gone to Zimbabwe for Chelsy. But there still seems that different level. The flying to see her at Easter. Stop over on way back from tour. Extra time in Jamaica. This is a couple, who on both sides, is making a conscious effort to make time for each other.

Them being more mature is not simply based on age. We see it reflected I how they both handle the relationship. It bodes well for if they marry. They already show their relationship is strong enough to handle when physically apart, even when married won't always be together. That they can focus and devote time to charity work and their relationship won't suffer for lack of time together. They ca. Handle quality over quantity.

Old 05-07-2017, 04:50 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emme View Post
Early-30s bride here as well! Engaged within 11 months, married the next year, baby #1 arrived 10 months later. Will be married 20 years in June.

I think Harry and Meghan have been/will be influenced by their age and place in life. I think as you get older you tend to move on more quickly from relationships that you don't see as long-term, and perhaps solidify ones you do more quickly.

From the beginning, I've sensed a strong partnership, respect and love between them. I wish them good luck moving forward.
My husband has a cousin who got married at age 40, had a baby at 42 and her second one at 44. Now her girls are young teenagers and she and her husband and children are one happy family.
Old 05-07-2017, 05:12 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
One the other hand, a dear friend of mine met and married her husband at the age of 16. They remained married and totally devoted to each other until she passed on a few years ago from Multiple Sclerosis.

Its not the ages and its not always the experience but the two people themselves and how they can work together, love together and play together that binds them.
Old 05-07-2017, 06:12 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
One the other hand, a dear friend of mine met and married her husband at the age of 16. They remained married and totally devoted to each other until she passed on a few years ago from Multiple Sclerosis.

Its not the ages and its not always the experience but the two people themselves and how they can work together, love together and play together that binds them.
I'm sorry to hear that Osipi. I always admire long-term relationships. HM and Prince Philip also come to mind, as well as a relative of mine who met her husband when she was 14 and he 17, and they are still married and devoted to one another today - they are now aged 79 and 82.

I would also agree with the latter part of your post.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 05-07-2017, 10:01 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
If attending the polo meant marriage, Harry would have married a long time ago
Hmm, nipping over from the country estate to watch the boyfriend play polo. . . no big deal. Flying in from Toronto, Canada to watch the boyfriend play polo . . . that's a whole other kettle of fish altogether.
Old 05-07-2017, 10:11 PM
Commoner

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/350301...-with-william/

First kiss, I think. Cute pics!
Old 05-08-2017, 12:01 AM
Nobility

So can we agree that Meghan is a serious girlfriend along with Chelsy and Cressida. I think the serious girlfriends are the ones he takes public and Meghan has officially been made public attending a semi-official engagement. I still think it is a big deal that Harry made sure his mentor and his American wife was public if only to send the optics that this is serious.

If anything we can agree that the notion that she is nothing more than a trans-atlantic booty call is over and done!!!
Old 05-08-2017, 12:09 AM
Nobility

Well, yep, except that I doubt Cressida was in as serious a relationship with Harry as the press consistently clamored to make her out to be. To me, in retrospect, the 'relationship' between Cressida and Harry seems more like a 'dutiful' fling/ brief running buddy saga. Cressida may well have been someone considered worthy and acceptable (and certainly pretty and pleasant) who was set-up with Harry by close relatives. And then the media took over with their usual OTT 'next royal bride' storylines.

The difference with Meghan, is that Prince Harry was deeply smitten from the beginning, and he was also determined to keep the beginning of their relationship extremely private and out of the media glare. Harry had learned his lesson with the more publicly intrusive situations that occurred with Chelsy and Cressida, which simply did not help the course of those relationships. The difference with Meghan is that Harry succeeded in keeping their dating status private for a very long time. And when the news began to trickle out and the media began their intrusive and harassing onslaught, Harry released his famous and unprecedented statement informing the press to back off!
Old 05-08-2017, 12:10 AM
Nobility

I think the press release he sent out already put her into the serious girlfriend category.

The Sun has the first kissing pictures out. According to tweeters, KP tried to convince the photographer not to sell the pics, and they're taken from really far away.
Old 05-08-2017, 12:11 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowVera View Post
So can we agree that Meghan is a serious girlfriend along with Chelsy and Cressida. I think the serious girlfriends are the ones he takes public and Meghan has officially been made public attending a semi-official engagement. I still think it is a big deal that Harry made sure his mentor and his American wife was public if only to send the optics that this is serious.

If anything we can agree that the notion that she is nothing more than a trans-atlantic booty call is over and done!!!
I completely agree! The booty call story story never made any sense. I think this relationship is serious, and it's the first one that I thought could end in marriage. From what I remember, we have only gotten kissing pictures of Harry and Chelsey. So, it may be at least as serious as that relationship.
Old 05-08-2017, 01:14 AM
Nobility

Well, I mean the pictures we'd already seen of Meghan and Harry in close embrace having fun in the pool at the Jamaica wedding of the Inskips, were already quite clear and convincing evidence of Meghan's and Harry's seriously committed relationship. Those were pictures that they felt invaded their intimate privacy too that they did not wish to be released.

We already know that Meghan and Harry have spent so much of their free time living together. We've seen the pictures of them walking hand-in-hand in matching outfits to their limousine after an evening outing at London's Soho House. We've heard about their December outing to buy a Christmas tree together. We've heard about the special VIP date night at London's Museum of Natural History; the exciting and private (no pap pics) Norwegian trip to see the northern lights; Harry's Easter weekend getaway to Toronto; his Toronto detour after his public duty Caribbean trip; their exclusive stay at the fancy Jamaican hotel with the cave restaurant after the Inskip wedding. Also, the consistent reports by anonymous friends that M&H are happy together, comfortable with each other and in the midst of planning a life together. There's also the report yesterday that Meghan and Harry have often met with Mark Dyer and his American wife at Dyer's pub. So, clearly Prince Harry and his Meghan have been having lots of fun and intimate moments together out of the prying view of public eyes and tabloid media's crazed gaze.

For me, the photos of Meghan smiling from the royal box next to Harry's closest inner circle confidantes while Harry plays polo, are much more interesting than grainy shots of the two lovebirds smooching. The only thing I find at all intriguing about the Meghan/Harry PDA between the cars that was captured by paps is the tender nature of their embrace. The lingering hug between them tells me more than their kiss. Plus, the seemingly emotional look on Meghan's face when she's by herself (likely watching Harry walk back to the polo field), seems to suggest how difficult it is for both of them to be parted, as Meghan likely has to be back in Toronto for filming. And Harry most likely has other royal duties on his schedule, so it's possible they won't be seeing each other again for at least two weeks (probably not until Pippa's wedding).

Grainy pictures of M&H kissing that have been blown up out of proportion to the actual situation of a parting kiss at a polo match do not add proof of anything we couldn't already surmise.
Old 05-08-2017, 06:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

http://www.vanityfair.com/style/2017...olo-match-kiss

Interesting article from Vanity Fair
Old 05-09-2017, 05:03 PM
Nobility

Vogue's take on the polo match PDA:
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Are Changing the Rules on Royal PDA - Vogue

Another Vogue article on Meghan's appearance at the polo match:
Meghan Markle Wears Antonio Berardi for Her First Event With Prince Harry - Vogue

And the online articles are in full swing:
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Are Practically Engaged Already if Kate Middleton and Prince William's Courtship Is Anything to Go By | E! News

Prince Harry & Meghan Markle kiss and.... - CNN.com

How Meghan Markle Is Preparing to Make a Big Splash at Pippa Middleton's Wedding | E! News

Meghan Markle will make a public appearance with the Suits cast for the first time since last November, at ATX Festival in Austin, TX (June 8-11) for a live table-reading of the pilot episode to celebrate Suits' upcoming 100th episode. Show spoilers are in some of the below news items:

Suits live table read added to ATX Festival lineup
Meghan Markle, Suits Cast Heading to Texas to Celebrate the 100th Episode | E! News
SUITS Script Reading presented by USA | ATX Television Festival
Old 05-09-2017, 05:31 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
Vogue's take on the polo match PDA:
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Are Changing the Rules on Royal PDA - Vogue

Another Vogue article on Meghan's appearance at the polo match:
Meghan Markle Wears Antonio Berardi for Her First Event With Prince Harry - Vogue

And the online articles are in full swing:
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Are Practically Engaged Already if Kate Middleton and Prince William's Courtship Is Anything to Go By | E! News

Prince Harry & Meghan Markle kiss and.... - CNN.com

How Meghan Markle Is Preparing to Make a Big Splash at Pippa Middleton's Wedding | E! News

Meghan Markle will make a public appearance with the Suits cast for the first time since last November, at ATX Festival in Austin, TX (June 8-11) for a live table-reading of the pilot episode to celebrate Suits' upcoming 100th episode. Show spoilers are in some of the below news items:

Suits live table read added to ATX Festival lineup
Meghan Markle, Suits Cast Heading to Texas to Celebrate the 100th Episode | E! News
SUITS Script Reading presented by USA | ATX Television Festival
Wonder if she will actually be at the ATX festival?
Old 05-09-2017, 05:47 PM
Nobility

I think a couple of things are important to note when comparing what we saw of Harry with Cressida and Chelsey against Harry and Meghan.

For one thing, Harry has just generally become much more careful of his privacy than he was during the Chelsey days. When they were together, he seemed to think nothing of walking right out the door of a nightclub into a throng of waiting photographers. Now, we almost only see him when he specifically chooses to be seen. So sightings of Harry and a girlfriend in public together carry a little more weight than sightings with Chelsey did.

As for Cressida, there were a million little indicators that seemed to say all through that relationship that it wasn't really as serious as the press wanted to be. A really big one, in my mind, is that she never made the slightest move towards behaving more "royal" around photographers. Her style stayed standard young model/wannabe actress/party girl sloppy-chic, she didn't make much of an effort to control when and where she would be photographed, she gave into the scowl way more than a girl with a princess-future on her mind is likely to do. However much Harry enjoyed her, no matter how into him or not she was, things weren't serious enough for anyone to have decided she merited a talk about how royals behave in the glare of the lens or how long the dating-days photos will live on in the press. Or if they did, things weren't serious enough for her to decide it mattered.

In contrast, at this polo match we see Meghan acting more like a royal-adjacent than like a moderately successful actress. This event had a not-insignificant number of actors carefully posing for press cameras as a PR move. She steered way clear of that. A lot of actors make a point of being seen leaving airports, but after just one London trip where she was photographed in the airport, she seems to have switched to using VIP exits where photographers aren't allowed, the way the royals prefer things to be done. We're really only seeing regular pap shots of her going to and from yoga.
Old 05-09-2017, 06:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

Probably a safe assumption she'll be there if the show is doing a live table reading at it...
Old 05-09-2017, 06:06 PM
Nobility

Quote:

Well, the news items I linked earlier indicate that Meghan is scheduled to be there. It is the 100th Suits episode celebration after all. I'm sure Meghan will do all she can to be there. Even departed cast member, Gina Torres, is supposed to show up for the live event, apparently. The reading is planned to take place on the last day of the festival, June 11.

The Suits cast has appeared at this festival in the past for Q&As, etc.

I believe that Prince Harry will be occupied with royal duties that week, so Meghan will seemingly have no relationship-related conflict preventing her from attending.
Old 05-10-2017, 01:15 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post

Well, the news items I linked earlier indicate that Meghan is scheduled to be there. It is the 100th Suits episode celebration after all. I'm sure Meghan will do all she can to be there. Even departed cast member, Gina Torres, is supposed to show up for the live event, apparently. The reading is planned to take place on the last day of the festival, June 11.

The Suits cast has appeared at this festival in the past for Q&As, etc.

I believe that Prince Harry will be occupied with royal duties that week, so Meghan will seemingly have no relationship-related conflict preventing her from attending.
Doing a table read is smart -- it lets them do a promotional event with the whole cast (including Meghan) that stays focused on the show itself. I bet there's no Q&A at the end, or at least not one with her.
Old 05-10-2017, 04:14 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Its been a bone of contention that Harry marrying an American actress just might not be fitting and proper for a prince of the UK. Just recently I came across an interesting fact and thought I'd share it here.

Harry has an pretty well known actor in his family tree as they share a great great grandmother, Frances Work Roche married James Boothby Burke Roche, 3rd Baron Fermoy. Oliver Platt is a Canadian born American actor and is descended from Frances and Jame's second child Cynthia.

So... maybe, just maybe, Harry would be repeating history here somewhere.

https://famouskin.com/famous-kin-cha...by+burke+roche