The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2017, 12:14 PM
Nobility

It might be a short engagement and quick marriage. I read that they want to start having kids right away. So, well see.

Old 05-07-2017, 12:23 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I married the first time at 20 and even though the marriage lasted over 20 years, I can definitely see that what was important to me about a relationship when I was 20 was far different than what I found to be important when I married the second time at 45.

The first marriage was falling in love and the ideal of what a fairy tale marriage was supposed to be like was firmly implanted in my head. My parents had a strong, loving relationship that lasted till death did they part. Not quite what I found in the reality of the marriage. We were never close friends to start off with. That's what I found to be most important in my second marriage and we'll celebrate 20 years in October.

As we grow older, preconceived notions of how we see people and the relationships with them change. Grand passionate love does play a huge part no matter what the age but as we grow older, we realize that grand passions aren't enough and there has to be mutual goals going into the future. Its realized that both their lives have to adapt to each other and they need to be able to function as a united team through thick and thin.

With Harry and Meghan in their 30s and their lives pretty much sorted out to being the way that they wanted it to be and knowing what their lives together in the future would entail, there's a bigger chance that the realities they already know will serve them to know if they can be a united team together.

Old 05-07-2017, 12:31 PM
Heir Apparent

If they break up, I'll be interested to see what spin people put on it. Every person Harry dates is the 'one' until she isn't.

Remember this? 'Smitten' Prince Harry backed to propose to long-term love Cressida Bonas | Royal | News | Express.co.uk

No doubt he will eventually settle down and yes the older he gets the more likely it becomes.

Meghan probably has a good shot but the tabloids would still be predicting marriage even if he was dating someone else.

It's the nature of the beast.
Old 05-07-2017, 12:50 PM
Majesty

Personally I never thought Cressida was that serious of a relationship. Chelsey was serious but too much immaturity/drama between them.

If he's had private relationships they haven't lasted long enough for the public to know.

This is the first one I've thought could really go the distance.

LaRae
Old 05-07-2017, 12:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
Wouldn't there always be some event or anniversary or happening, that the engagement would take attention away from? He's a full time royal, attending public events throughout the year, and if/when they get engaged, it would take attention away from something else.
I agree and I disagree with your point here. Yes, there is always something going on that an engagement will be a distraction from. But as bad as it sounds, there are some events that should not be overshadowed, while other engagements are in a way somewhat "lesser".

An engagement announcement during the election is going to take away from the election - something which the BRF typically avoids doing. They don't want to be seen as influencing politics. An engagement announcement around the Trooping (the Queen's official birthday) or November (when the Queen and DoE's 70th anniversary is) will overshadow the Queen - which again, the BRF typically avoids doing. An engagement at the end of the summer/start of September will overshadow Invictus, which Harry personally isn't likely to want because it's a personal project for him.

I don't think we're likely to see an engagement announcement before Meghan finishes with Suits, but if we were to see one this year I'd predict either in July, October, or December.
Old 05-07-2017, 01:26 PM
Nobility

I hope Harry lets her continue acting some.
Old 05-07-2017, 01:31 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
I think some people see old interviews that are posted places and leap to the conclusion that Meghan is currently actively courting publicity when in fact she has pretty much closed things down.
Yes, it's apparently the case that many people don't seem to be aware that all of the Youtube video clips of interviews, Suits features, fashion shoots, and even the humanitarian-related interviews and the speech Meghan gave to UN Women, predate her relationship with Harry. Meghan also has a substantial pre-Harry Suits fanbase, although I'd personally never heard of Meghan Markle or the television show prior to last November's announcement that Harry was dating Meghan.

I actually wish that I'd known about Meghan sooner because I find her to be such an interesting, down-to-earth and inspiring person. But now, she is not in a position to be as open as she has previously been in sharing details of her life with the public. It's truly a gift that Meghan's Instagram is still available, even though she rarely posts anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
What the old clips and videos and interviews tell me most is that Meghan had a full and rewarding life before she ever set eyes on Harry. Finding and winning the heart of a man that has a full and rewarding life also is the proverbial icing on the cake if you ask me.
Very beautifully stated, and obviously true. There's yummy cake and delicious icing in store for all involved, if you ask me.
Old 05-07-2017, 01:32 PM
Majesty

" Meghan Markle looked ever the proud girlfriend as she cheered on Prince Harry at the Audi Polo Challenge in Ascot yesterday.
The Suits actress and her royal boyfriend looked extremely loved up as they hugged and kissed afterwards.
Standing by a car, they embraced as they said goodbye.
And it seemed like they didn't care who saw them, after the charity polo match."

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry SO loved up as they kiss and hug after the Audi Polo Challenge - Mirror Online
Old 05-07-2017, 01:33 PM
Majesty

I don't think it'll ever happen on a professional level at all.

Looking at it, Meghan would be trading in a professional acting career and gaining a world stage to make a difference. I think that will be a step up.
Old 05-07-2017, 01:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
" Meghan Markle looked ever the proud girlfriend as she cheered on Prince Harry at the Audi Polo Challenge in Ascot yesterday.
The Suits actress and her royal boyfriend looked extremely loved up as they hugged and kissed afterwards.
Standing by a car, they embraced as they said goodbye.
And it seemed like they didn't care who saw them, after the charity polo match."

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry SO loved up as they kiss and hug after the Audi Polo Challenge - Mirror Online

Awww...I love it!
Old 05-07-2017, 01:41 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
I hope Harry lets her continue acting some.
Is this 1817, or 2017 ? Husbands no longer control the actions of their wives in the manner you imply!
What does control the actions of British Royal wives, however, are the mores of the Royal family, and it is INCONCEIVABLE that Ms Markle [if she becomes Harry's wife] could continue to act. She will be far too busy as a 'full time Royal' and likely a Mother to boot..
Old 05-07-2017, 01:45 PM
Majesty

There we have it folks. A very public display of affection between Harry and Meghan. We can breathe a bit easier knowing that all is well between these two people and they're getting used to being more open in public for all the world to see.

They'll probably always cherish the months where everything was under the radar and just them but with assurance that the relationship is strong, its time to let people know they're a loving couple.

Gotta love it!
Old 05-07-2017, 01:51 PM
Heir Apparent

If Harry was dating Lady Poundcake, she would also be at the polo and no doubt probably give him a hug.

Nothing I see from Meghan and Harry is unique. He's done all this before.

The difference with this relationship is there appears to be a biological clock ticking. I agree the older he gets the more likely he will be to get married, whether that's a good reason or not.
Old 05-07-2017, 02:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

Harry, William and Meghan at polo today-

Prince Harry and Prince William take part in polo match | Daily Mail Online

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-07-2017, 02:11 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I don't think it'll ever happen on a professional level at all.

Looking at it, Meghan would be trading in a professional acting career and gaining a world stage to make a difference. I think that will be a step up.
We'll never know what would have happened for Meghan professionally. She was gaining more attention in industry circles with her work on Suits, and once Suits ended, she may have received other offers, if that's the direction she wished to go in. I don't think she's an actor with great range, but she's clearly talented and competent with the Suits-style drama and the light romantic fare she did for Hallmark Channel (two films: Dater's Handbook, and When Sparks Fly). The funny thing is that there are a number of movies out there with those same titles. I guess Hallmark recycles their movie titles.

The sky was the limit for whatever Meghan wanted to do before she fatefully met Prince Harry. She surely would have continued her lifestyle blog and signed a new contract with Reitmans. Her circle of influential and high profile friends was increasing. She may well have been interested in hosting a cooking show, or doing any number of other projects in Canada, where she had achieved some measure of celebrity due to Suits, as well as to the recognition and following she had achieved for her lifestyle blog, The Tig.

And above all, it's clear that Meghan would have continued and perhaps expanded her work with UN Women. But now she can leave the professional acting life behind and devote herself more fully to her humanitarian interests in a more higher profile and substantive way. She's probably very happy about the increased possibilities for benefiting others and on a personal level, of starting a family. I do feel though that her options without Harry would not be limited, just different.

Meghan seems to be a very positive and giving person who is bringing a lot to her relationship with Prince Harry. It works both ways.

And now we have more pictures of M&H, hugging out in the open, although partly obstructed by the cars.
Old 05-07-2017, 02:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
If Harry was dating Lady Poundcake, she would also be at the polo and no doubt probably give him a hug.

The difference with this relationship is there appears to be a biological clock ticking. I agree the older he gets the more likely he will be to get married, whether that's a good reason or not.

The "biological clock" applies mostly to women who want to have children. For men like Harry, it is not such a major issue. Philippe of Belgium for example was 39 when he married; Harry on the other hand is only 32.
Old 05-07-2017, 02:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
The "biological clock" applies mostly to women who want to have children. For men like Harry, it is not such a major issue. Philippe of Belgium for example was 39 when he married; Harry on the other hand is only 32.
I'm talking about Meghan. Harry is in a position where he probably wants 'legitimate' issue and if Meghan is the one he's determined to have children with, a five year courtship isn't in the cards.

Whether this is a good reason for marriage, we'll have to wait and see.
Old 05-07-2017, 03:18 PM
Nobility

The way you phrase that, you sound unhappy and fed up: "...if Meghan is the one he's determined to have children with..."

You seem to feel that Meghan is some kind of last resort or bottom of the barrel or something. With the way Harry has been looking and acting recently, and with the huge smile on his face as he looked toward the royal box while astride his horse, Prince Harry does not seem like a man being forced by any set of circumstances to make a choice that he's not heavily invested in on a deeply emotional level.

At this point, I doubt that either Meghan or Harry are concerned about biological clocks. They probably are both planning their life together with a lot of advice and help due to Harry being a member of the British Royal family. There's a lot too that they don't even need to worry about, as they would if they were just a regular couple contemplating marriage.
Old 05-07-2017, 03:21 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post

Lady Poundcake would likely be like his other girlfriends. Local women, in the past students or without any cemented job. Where a pop over to the polo field Saturday afternoon would be as simple as choosing what to wear.

The difference here is being long distance, it's a much more conscious decision and time consumption. It's not as simple as a drive to the polo field, but a flight across the ocean, and possibly time taken away from work.
Old 05-07-2017, 03:35 PM
Nobility

I see big differences between Harry and Meghan vs his previous relationships. Firstly, their ages. They're both mature adults, who have had previous relationships. He issued a no joke statement against the nasty harassment she had received., which Imo already set the tone for this relationship, and how Harry wants it to bee seen. Imo also very natural, mature pda. All this Imo is different, but I'm going back to the age. Both are grown adults, who have lived life, and might be just ready to settle down. Jmo.

http://www.eonline.com/news/849027/m...event-together