The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2017, 04:21 AM
Heir Apparent

BTW The comments at the end of this article give an interesting potential scenario: "that the engagement announcement only comes when she finishes filming Suits and before the Invictus Games in Toronto.... it will come right after Pippa's wedding and before Trooping the Color, so she can be seen at that. Not on the balcony but perhaps with Nanny Maria and the kids.....I've been predicting sometime after Trooping, mostly because I think Harry won't want to take the focus off the Queen, but also because of Meghan's filming schedule. I'm still betting on August, maybe right around Meghan's birthday....." Such fun, even if totally off the mark. Love is in the air! Tra-la!

LINK: Meghan Markle Makes Her First Semi-Official Appearance as Prince Harry's Girlfriend - Go Fug Yourself

Old 05-07-2017, 05:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

That's scenario makes no sense. The kids are on the balcony with their parents. Pippa's wedding is May 20. Trooping is June 17. In between, Harry is going to Singapore and Aus. The U.K. will be in the middle of an election campaign then. Also Harry would not want the spotlight to be on him for Invictus but the athletes completing in September. He isn't going to use it to show off his "finance". Look how Kate was introduced after the engagement announcement. Basically 4 small visits to the 4 home nations of the U.K.

August is a vacation month for royal activities but this year is leads into the 20th anniversary of Diana's death with we know William and Harry are planning stuff for. Harry is going to announce an engagement right before it?

Old 05-07-2017, 05:40 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowVera View Post
Oh the ever revolving narrative, stalking??!!, she seems to get along great with Mark's American wife.
The poster you are responding to was obviously commenting sarcastically in response to another poster.

Meghan looks happy and gorgeously dressed, as always. Harry and his white horse look happy. Mark Dyer and his American wife seem pleased as punch. Harry and his polo player friends raised money for his charities, Sentebale and WellChiid. A wonderful time had by all it seems. The only thing missing is seeing a picture of Meghan greeting Harry with a kiss post-match. But, I'm sure that will come.

Let's relax and enjoy, shall we?
Old 05-07-2017, 08:19 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
That's scenario makes no sense. The kids are on the balcony with their parents. Pippa's wedding is May 20. Trooping is June 17. In between, Harry is going to Singapore and Aus. The U.K. will be in the middle of an election campaign then. Also Harry would not want the spotlight to be on him for Invictus but the athletes completing in September. He isn't going to use it to show off his "finance". Look how Kate was introduced after the engagement announcement. Basically 4 small visits to the 4 home nations of the U.K.

August is a vacation month for royal activities but this year is leads into the 20th anniversary of Diana's death with we know William and Harry are planning stuff for. Harry is going to announce an engagement right before it?
Wouldn't there always be some event or anniversary or happening, that the engagement would take attention away from? He's a full time royal, attending public events throughout the year, and if/when they get engaged, it would take attention away from something else.

I have been of the opinion for a while, that this relationship will lead to engagement and marriage. IMHO all of their actions combined are strengthening this thought. The public announcement that he and Meghan are dating, telling the press to have respect, the visits to see each other whenever they have even a little bit of time, her being his date to the wedding, spending long periods of time in the UK, living with him during filming breaks, her closing down the The Tig, ending her Reitmans contract, and not posting on social media for months. Now this public event together, and the possibly attending Pippa's wedding together. I'm very strongly predicting a wedding in 2018.
Old 05-07-2017, 08:55 AM
Majesty

Yep...I am betting on a Spring/Summer wedding 2018 also. Engagement (announced) this fall/winter.

LaRae
Old 05-07-2017, 09:49 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
I have been of the opinion for a while, that this relationship will lead to engagement and marriage. IMHO all of their actions combined are strengthening this thought. The public announcement that he and Meghan are dating, telling the press to have respect, the visits to see each other whenever they have even a little bit of time, her being his date to the wedding, spending long periods of time in the UK, living with him during filming breaks, her closing down the The Tig, ending her Reitmans contract, and not posting on social media for months. Now this public event together, and the possibly attending Pippa's wedding together. I'm very strongly predicting a wedding in 2018.
Agree 100%!! IMO they were sure that this is it (leading to engangement, marriage) already when the first rumours/pictures got out.

They are both too old and far with their lives just to 'date a bit' and see where it gets them. No way.
Old 05-07-2017, 09:53 AM
Nobility

Yes, I agree @Cocoasneeze, there have been so many significant incidences in Meghan & Harry's relationship that seem majorly different and distinct from any of his past relationships. Above all, Meghan and Harry seem so suited to each other and comfortable with each other, especially from all we've seen and heard.

It is surely a major step for a woman like Meghan to close down her popular lifestyle blog (that had gained her additional income and public impact, e.g., her Tig content and stylish, outspoken profile led to her work with UN Women, and to her contract with Reitmans). The fact that Meghan declined to extend her lucrative contract with Reitmans earlier this year is also significant. I doubt she would take those steps unless both she and Harry were fully committed to a future together. A lot more is surely happening between them behind the scenes that we do not know anything about.

In the recent articles about the Audi Polo event, we not only see pictures of Meghan happily smiling in the Royal box with Harry's most trusted inner circle, we see Harry on the field clearly smiling up toward Meghan and looking very dapper and happy. All of the other sightings and trips and time they've spent together in London and Toronto, as well as the fact that the relationship is being protected and kept as much as possible out of the public's prying eyes also says a great deal. Moreover, the unprecedented public statement from Harry released by the Palace in November after the relationship had been kept under wraps for 4 1/2 months set the standard for how serious they are, and for the ongoing progress we have been seeing every so often. Meanwhile, Meghan and Harry continue to conduct the bulk of their relationship in private, which similar to how Kate and William are so protective of their children's privacy, definitely signals a hands-off policy by the young royals re public scrutiny. They want no repeats of the press hounding that happened to their mother.

We continually hear reports of Harry being 'besotted.' Plus, the significant trip to see the Norwegian lights; the Inskip wedding trip to Jamaica with escape afterward to the exclusive hotel with a cave restaurant; the special date night at London's Museum of Natural History; Harry's detour from the Caribbean to visit Meghan in Toronto early in their relationship; his recent visit to see Meghan over Easter weekend. The fact that they have humanitarian interests in common, and that Meghan is very comfortable with crowds and with the media. She's also quite stylish, interesting, and apparently fun, kind and engaging (and engageable ).

Lovely Meghan montage:

Here's an interesting video from 2015 I haven't seen before, with Meghan articulating the importance of gender equality during an appearance with a young man from Africa who talks about his life growing up in his village:

Nice pictures of Meghan:
Old 05-07-2017, 10:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

Love the vids, MaiaMia_53!

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-07-2017, 10:14 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
I thought this was very significant. Meghan has obviously met Harry's "second father"- someone very important to him. It is also nice to see Meghan appeared to get along with Mark's wife. For Meghan it must have been nice to have a fellow American who she could relate to.
And perhaps pick up some stories about Harry as told through the eyes of his friends. Like "Oh... you should have been there when Harry.... "

I bet it really was a congenial afternoon among friends.
Old 05-07-2017, 10:24 AM
Aristocracy

Oh boy. The MM PR machine is in full effect.
Old 05-07-2017, 10:57 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Observer7 View Post
If these two are not engaged already, which I think they are but have not announced it yet, they soon will be.

Meghan has been seen with Harry at his best friend's wedding, now this match, and she'll be at Pippa's wedding.

This relationship has gone way past the, "is it serious stage" folks!
I agree. I think they've been engaged for quite some time. I also believe wedding plans are underway. Just nothing publicized yet.
Old 05-07-2017, 11:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

The fantasies some people create are baffling.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 05-07-2017, 11:11 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanyT View Post
Oh boy. The MM PR machine is in full effect.
Ha ha, nope, I just think Meghan Markle is the bee's knees, with or without Prince Harry. And I'm quite sure Harry is fully aware of how special Meghan is. I'm happy for both of them, and I think they are both kind-hearted and caring people.

It's interesting that there is so much out there publicly about Meghan due to her high public profile as an actor, humanitarian, lifestyle blogger and fashion savvy lady. The information that is readily available publicly is quite unusual for someone who is seriously dating a member of the British royal family. For example, I didn't even know what Kate Middleton's voice sounded like until her engagement interview with Prince William. Meanwhile, there are some very revealing pre-Harry interviews available with Meghan, as well as her fun Instagram pictures and her former lifestyle blog. She inspires people, whether or not she captured the eye and heart of Prince Harry, the world's most eligible bachelor.

This thread is about Prince Harry's relationship, and he is currently in a serious relationship with Meghan Markle. Why should there be a problem sharing entertaining and revealing information about her? Whatever is out there has already happened, as Meghan isn't currently giving interviews. She closed down her lifestyle blog and she rarely if ever posts now on her Instagram. She may soon make it private or close it completely.

It's not pr to post previous interviews and fashion-related videos. I doubt that any amount of positive celebration and sharing by admirers like me is going to influence or impact the way Harry and Meghan already feel about each other. And what the public thinks doesn't matter much either to what Harry feels in his heart nor to what he and she are going to decide going forward. If at some point they feel pr is warranted regarding their relationship, it's certainly not going to come from me.

An entertaining chat with Meghan in 2013, on the set of Suits:

Cover shoot for Splash magazine in 2014:
Old 05-07-2017, 11:20 AM
Courtier

I think some people see old interviews that are posted places and leap to the conclusion that Meghan is currently actively courting publicity when in fact she has pretty much closed things down.
Old 05-07-2017, 11:27 AM
Majesty

What the old clips and videos and interviews tell me most is that Meghan had a full and rewarding life before she ever set eyes on Harry. Finding and winning the heart of a man that has a full and rewarding life also is the proverbial icing on the cake if you ask me.
Old 05-07-2017, 11:44 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz View Post
William and Kate got engaged sometime in October 2010, announced mid-November 2010. At most they were privately engaged for six weeks. Not "a couple months plus". (It was also reported at the time of the engagement the official announcement was postponed slightly because Kate's grandfather died early November).

Let's try and not exaggerate things to make our own points seem more plausible.

I did not know the exact time frame that they were engaged. It was years ago to recall that exactly. It was not an intent to exaggerate. Come on!

The important point is that Wills and Kate were engaged secretly prior to announcing it. If they can do it Harry and Meghan can too. It's not exactly nonsense.
Old 05-07-2017, 11:56 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
I wonder a bit about the demographics of commenters and how that might impact their view of the speed of the relationship. Which is to say, what do people who've fallen in love and settled down in their 20s (in a lasting marriage) think of it vs people who did so in their 30s or 40s vs people who're still in their 20s, 30s & 40s and single.

Personally, it doesn't seem that far out to me, but I moved in with my husband nine months after we started dating and at that point we were 8 weeks pregnant with our (planned) daughter. I was 35.
Good point hel. My husband and I became engaged 9 months after we began dating and married 6 months later just days before I celebrated my 35th birthday. I was pregnant with our first 9 months after our wedding date.

Quote:
Yep...I am betting on a Spring/Summer wedding 2018 also. Engagement (announced) this fall/winter.
Agreed.
Old 05-07-2017, 12:01 PM
Majesty

As far as being engaged before any public announcement had been made, I actually had to laugh as I remembered winning a copy here of Katie Nicholl's book "William and Harry" back in 2010. In the book, Nicholl stated that William and Kate had secretly agreed they were to marry years before the fact and all I could think of is "How the heck would she know what two people talked about privately?".

Personally, I was hoping for a secret elopement to Vegas and being married by an Elvis impersonator. That would have been "the bee's knees".
Old 05-07-2017, 12:02 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
Good point hel. My husband and I became engaged 9 months after we began dating and married 6 months later just days before I celebrated my 35th birthday. I was pregnant with our first 9 months after our wedding date.

Agreed.
Early-30s bride here as well! Engaged within 11 months, married the next year, baby #1 arrived 10 months later. Will be married 20 years in June.

I think Harry and Meghan have been/will be influenced by their age and place in life. I think as you get older you tend to move on more quickly from relationships that you don't see as long-term, and perhaps solidify ones you do more quickly.

From the beginning, I've sensed a strong partnership, respect and love between them. I wish them good luck moving forward.
Old 05-07-2017, 12:14 PM
Majesty

I said this awhile back. Couples in that age range are more confident and secure about who they are and what they want. No need for all the dancing around and all that goes on (typically) in the early 20's. I would say a typical couple would know within 3 to 6 months if there is any future to it (assuming that's the goal). Even allowing for the long distance and high profile (which they have done great at evading the press) relationship, Harry and Meghan wouldn't be together at this point unless it was serious. If they get thru summer, even more so.

LaRae