The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2017, 09:12 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Let's see if she goes to Ascot. Any word if W&K are going this year? Seems like I read Harry might be taking this over from Phillip?

LaRae
I've never associated Philip with any kind of an interest in the Ascot races at all.

I do know that Philip really loves carriage driving but that has nothing to do with Ascot.

Old 05-06-2017, 09:19 PM
Aristocracy

Meghan looked fabulous today! Loved her dress by a British designer and jacket by a Canadian company. So lovely to see Meghan at this event supporting charities that are so important to Harry, Sentebale and WellChild, and also socializing with some of Harry's closest friends and confidants.

Old 05-06-2017, 09:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Let's see if she goes to Ascot. Any word if W&K are going this year? Seems like I read Harry might be taking this over from Phillip?

LaRae
Harry has never shown a real interest in horse racing. Oddly, its the royal women - QEQM, QEII, Camilla, and Anne.

Anyone can attend Ascot. It's where they sit that counts.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 05-06-2017, 09:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
If Meghan was there, we know the daily fail would have hunted her down.

Also highly unlikely, if the rumors are true about her going to Pippas wedding (at least reception) she would be in the UK now. Taking two weekends off so close together in midst of filming seems pretty unlikely. She will see him in 2 weeks.
Dear Countessmeout I am wondering, are you in the business? You seem so certain of your statements regarding filming of television shows, etc. Just curious, as sometimes what you say doesn't jive with what I know, which I would not say is much at all, btw, only I do know situations differ with different shows and there are reasons why Meghan may have more leeway in this situation.
Old 05-06-2017, 09:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I've never associated Philip with any kind of an interest in the Ascot races at all.

I do know that Philip really loves carriage driving but that has nothing to do with Ascot.
Not the racing no. He does have a number of horse related, and polo. I think Anne would be most likely for the horse.

But Philip is patron of royal ascots ex serviceman club. And that sounds like a good fit with Harry. It's along the lines of his main focus, outside of senteble, which is military. Even mental health he relates to military.
Old 05-06-2017, 09:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

I read something indicating Phillip was involved in Ascot...but that was probably in error.

I know about Phillip's carriage driving..have seen several videos of it!

LaRae
Old 05-06-2017, 10:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
Dear Countessmeout I am wondering, are you in the business? You seem so certain of your statements regarding filming of television shows, etc. Just curious, as sometimes what you say doesn't jive with what I know, which I would not say is much at all, btw, only I do know situations differ with different shows and there are reasons why Meghan may have more leeway in this situation.
Just that she was said to have had to Book off the weekend of Pippa. Which means it wasn't a break in filming, she requested it off.

Requesting two weekends off only a month into filming. You are only going, unless you are a major celebrity who calls shots on a show, get so much leeway. She obviously takes her career seriously. Grown women don't treat their job like a hobby they can drop when a boyfriend calls.

Considering Victoria long weekend it is likely she already had the weekend off. Of the rumors are true a source said she actually booked time off, it likely meant this weekend. People just assumed it was wedding weekend.

Quote:
I read something indicating Phillip was involved in Ascot...but that was probably in error.

I know about Phillip's carriage driving..have seen several videos of it!

LaRae
Perhaps you read about the Ascot ex serviceman club. He is patron of that. Ascot just not racing.
Old 05-06-2017, 10:10 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Guys, let's not get into this "privately" engaged nonsense. I can't tell how many endless debates I've seen over the same thing once said about the Cambridge's. The secret pacts stories just about drove me insane.
Nonsense?? I don't think so! Wills and Kate were engaged before they announced it, a couple months plus and no one knew it!

And as I recall, many here felt as though it was UNLIKELY that Harry would fall in love with or seriously date an American. And looks what's happened. So, don't be so quick to dismiss stuff.
Old 05-06-2017, 10:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Just that she was said to have had to Book off the weekend of Pippa. Which means it wasn't a break in filming, she requested it off.

Requesting two weekends off only a month into filming. You are only going, unless you are a major celebrity who calls shots on a show, get so much leeway. She obviously takes her career seriously. Grown women don't treat their job like a hobby they can drop when a boyfriend calls.

Considering Victoria long weekend it is likely she already had the weekend off. Of the rumors are true a source said she actually booked time off, it likely meant this weekend. People just assumed it was wedding weekend.
I see. You are a sleuth. What you say would definitely hold for a neophyte on the show, suddenly going hot-and-heavy with Joe the Plumber, or even Josh the Wall Street Lawyer. But Meghan is in a slightly different situation. Her high profile romance racks up interest in the show she's in. They have no reason to be hard-edged to that extent, though production cannot be unduly impacted for sure (time is money). I'm sure they are adjusting and working with her. She also seems a really good egg. They'll go the distance for her. Why not?
Old 05-06-2017, 10:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Perhaps you read about the Ascot ex serviceman club. He is patron of that. Ascot just not racing.

Ah...that must of been it, thanks!

LaRae
Old 05-06-2017, 10:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
More indications that this relationship is serious and continues to progress. The Fug Girls believe that they may be privately engaged even now, and I don't disagree that it's a possibility. It's a big deal to see her publicly out and being included in outings like this.
Meghan Markle Makes Her First Semi-Official Appearance as Prince Harry's Girlfriend - Go Fug Yourself
I remain dizzy at the speed of this, but so it is. I mean if they are actually engaged. That they are going steady okay, but engaged...ach! It's not even a year. Give it some time.

However, I must say Harry has got himself a winner. We already know he was pursuing her aggressively. She clearly has made the decision that she is okay with it all, and if they are really compatible (and it looks like they are for at least a few months) then good news.

Now, we are indeed lucky, because Meghan seems to be a balanced, intelligent woman, fully capable of handling the press scrutiny with aplomb, and a killer style sense. We are in luck! Don't desert us, Meghan!
Old 05-06-2017, 10:29 PM
Majesty

One thing we're forgetting here is that being in front of the camera is only part of what happens during the filming session. There is prep work that the actors and actress have to do that require learning, memorizing and familiarizing themselves with their lines and their direction and facial expressions. It could be that one or two weeks are around the table meetings describing the episode they'll be filming and then away from the studio for a time to do the prep work and then meeting to do the actual filming. To film episode after episode day after day would actually result in some pretty shoddy work, forgotten lines and generally unhappy role players.

Its possible that the times that Meghan is in the UK, she's on prep time which doesn't have to be done in the studio. As I mentioned before, the air flights would be a great chance to just focus on what her upcoming role in an episode is going to be.

I've read in a few places that while Hugh Laurie was filming his role in "House" he'd fly home to the UK and his family every weekend. Its not inconceivable that Meghan can do the same.

At least that's how I see it.
Old 05-06-2017, 10:33 PM
Nobility

Quote:
I remain dizzy at the speed of this, but so it is. I mean if they are actually engaged. That they are going steady okay, but engaged...ach! It's not even a year. Give it some time.
I wonder a bit about the demographics of commenters and how that might impact their view of the speed of the relationship. Which is to say, what do people who've fallen in love and settled down in their 20s (in a lasting marriage) think of it vs people who did so in their 30s or 40s vs people who're still in their 20s, 30s & 40s and single.

Personally, it doesn't seem that far out to me, but I moved in with my husband nine months after we started dating and at that point we were 8 weeks pregnant with our (planned) daughter. I was 35.
Old 05-06-2017, 10:34 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I see. You are a sleuth. What you say would definitely hold for a neophyte on the show, suddenly going hot-and-heavy with Joe the Plumber, or even Josh the Wall Street Lawyer. But Meghan is in a slightly different situation. Her high profile romance racks up interest in the show she's in. They have no reason to be hard-edged to that extent, though production cannot be unduly impacted for sure (time is money). I'm sure they are adjusting and working with her. She also seems a really good egg. They'll go the distance for her. Why not?
I recall last November there were many newspapers, tabloids and other media reporting that Meghan had asked to asked time off work. The producer and creator of Suits finally addressed those rumours and said Meghan had only asked for one day off and they were happy to accommodate her. She had already been scheduled for 2 off because her scenes were not being filmed then and simply asked for one more. However so many media blew it out of proportion with some even unnecessarily chastising her.

'Suits' creator opens up about Megan Markle's relationship with Prince Harry
Old 05-06-2017, 10:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeT View Post
I recall last November there were many newspapers, tabloids and other media reporting that Meghan had asked to asked time off work. The producer and creator of Suits finally addressed those rumours and said Meghan had only asked for one day off and they were happy to accommodate her. She had already been scheduled for 2 off because her scenes were not being filmed then and simply asked for one more. However so many media blew it out of proportion with some even unnecessarily chastising her.

'Suits' creator opens up about Megan Markle's relationship with Prince Harry
What a great article.

Quote:
"I’m happy for any and all of my cast members that are in any kind of relationship that is bringing them joy and happiness. We always try to make our production schedule work for all of the cast. They have babies, they get married. They’re living their lives."

One thing he did note was that life for the entire Suits cast has become crazier since news of the high-profile romance broke.

"The added publicity came very late in the season for us so we didn’t really have a massive amount of time under that added publicity. If anything was more of a strain, it was the concern of outside paparazzi."

Even though that caused some stress for Meghan's colleagues, it didn't affect their working relationship.

[...]

The actor who plays Meghan's love interest on Suits, Mike Ross, was asked by one user "What's it like making out onscreen with the potentially future princess of England?"

His response was short and to the point: "The same as it was before she was potentially a future princess of England."
Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
I wonder a bit about the demographics of commenters and how that might impact their view of the speed of the relationship. Which is to say, what do people who've fallen in love and settled down in their 20s (in a lasting marriage) think of it vs people who did so in their 30s or 40s vs people who're still in their 20s, 30s & 40s and single.

Personally, it doesn't seem that far out to me, but I moved in with my husband nine months after we started dating and at that point we were 8 weeks pregnant with our (planned) daughter. I was 35.
Good points, hel. As many are saying, they are older, in their 30's, they are experienced, they know what's what so.....Mazel Tov! Whatever....

P.S. I have to admit my husband moved faster than I was willing to move in the beginning. Guess he knew a good thing when he saw it. When the man is in earnest pursuit it can be hard to resist.
Old 05-06-2017, 11:08 PM
Nobility

Quote:
One thing we're forgetting here is that being in front of the camera is only part of what happens during the filming session. There is prep work that the actors and actress have to do that require learning, memorizing and familiarizing themselves with their lines and their direction and facial expressions. It could be that one or two weeks are around the table meetings describing the episode they'll be filming and then away from the studio for a time to do the prep work and then meeting to do the actual filming. To film episode after episode day after day would actually result in some pretty shoddy work, forgotten lines and generally unhappy role players.

Its possible that the times that Meghan is in the UK, she's on prep time which doesn't have to be done in the studio. As I mentioned before, the air flights would be a great chance to just focus on what her upcoming role in an episode is going to be.

I've read in a few places that while Hugh Laurie was filming his role in "House" he'd fly home to the UK and his family every weekend. Its not inconceivable that Meghan can do the same.

At least that's how I see it.
From my understanding, TV schedules are a bit tighter than you're probably thinking they are. For example, the show Supernatural shoots on an 8 (week)day schedule - so 10-12 days per episode from start to finish (Filming dates - Super-wiki).

Based on what the directors of the first and second episodes of the current season tweeted, Suits isn't widely off that mark. They started filming on Episode one April 7 according to the director's twitter.

The director for episode 2 arrived in Toronto on April 10 to do preparation and location scouting. They started filming April 18, and wrapped the episode on April 28.

Because you can always just film it again if someone forgets a line, the memorization and characterization part isn't nearly as intense as it would be for a staged presentation. For those, it's weeks of rehearsal at the pro-level (months at the community theatre level where I come from). And in interviews about the way they film, the cast has talked about how they'll do each scene a couple of different ways and then they get to improvise the scene once or twice (and sometimes that gets used).

Because film/tv is so dependent on what happens in the editing room, the whole question of consistent "must rehearse to do the lines a certain way" isn't as much of a thing in film production, from everything I've been given to understand (I have friends who work in television production in the GTA both in front of and behind the camera as well as the editing room).
Old 05-06-2017, 11:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
What a great article.
Agreed article

But the producer does make a point. He says they get married, have babies.... These are big life personal events that they are of course understandable about. If you are continuously asking for an extra weekend off (not weekend you are already not filming) to go to a polo match or a date, that's on a very different level. Producers likely more understanding 'hey my engagement party is in la this weekend' then oh I want to fly to London to watch polo.

Key to keeping a good reputation at work, which is always a good thing, never abuse your ability to get days off. Goes for any type of job.
Old 05-06-2017, 11:30 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
From my understanding, TV schedules are a bit tighter than you're probably thinking they are. For example, the show Supernatural shoots on an 8 (week)day schedule - so 10-12 days per episode from start to finish (Filming dates - Super-wiki).

Based on what the directors of the first and second episodes of the current season tweeted, Suits isn't widely off that mark. They started filming on Episode one April 7 according to the director's twitter.

The director for episode 2 arrived in Toronto on April 10 to do preparation and location scouting. They started filming April 18, and wrapped the episode on April 28.

Because you can always just film it again if someone forgets a line, the memorization and characterization part isn't nearly as intense as it would be for a staged presentation. For those, it's weeks of rehearsal at the pro-level (months at the community theatre level where I come from). And in interviews about the way they film, the cast has talked about how they'll do each scene a couple of different ways and then they get to improvise the scene once or twice (and sometimes that gets used).

Because film/tv is so dependent on what happens in the editing room, the whole question of consistent "must rehearse to do the lines a certain way" isn't as much of a thing in film production, from everything I've been given to understand (I have friends who work in television production in the GTA both in front of and behind the camera as well as the editing room).
Thanks much for setting me straight on how things go. You obviously are much more informed than I'll ever be.
Old 05-06-2017, 11:31 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Observer7 View Post
Nonsense?? I don't think so! Wills and Kate were engaged before they announced it, a couple months plus and no one knew it!

And as I recall, many here felt as though it was UNLIKELY that Harry would fall in love with or seriously date an American. And looks what's happened. So, don't so quick to dismiss stuff.
William and Kate got engaged sometime in October 2010, announced mid-November 2010. At most they were privately engaged for six weeks. Not "a couple months plus". (It was also reported at the time of the engagement the official announcement was postponed slightly because Kate's grandfather died early November).

Let's try and not exaggerate things to make our own points seem more plausible.
Old 05-07-2017, 02:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowVera View Post
According to The Telegraph she was with Harry's closest advisor Mark Dyer and his wife. So it seems she is meeting the important people in his life.

It would seem that given the amount of girlfriends Harry has had she is in the serious girlfriend brigade.
I thought this was very significant. Meghan has obviously met Harry's "second father"- someone very important to him. It is also nice to see Meghan appeared to get along with Mark's wife. For Meghan it must have been nice to have a fellow American who she could relate to.