The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #5341  
Old 05-01-2017, 04:23 PM
XeniaCasaraghi's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Texas, United States
Posts: 3,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Observer7 View Post
Meghan will probably do the whole season. She makes a **** load of money every episode I understand, 50-75K an episode?
Seriously? Is that show that popular? If she gets that much I wonder what the GoT actors get.
__________________

__________________
Princess Grace, April 19, 1956
Princess Margaret Rose, May 6, 1960
Crown Princess Mette-Marit, August 25, 2001
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
  #5342  
Old 05-01-2017, 04:53 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Somewhere in, United Kingdom
Posts: 913
Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Seriously? Is that show that popular? If she gets that much I wonder what the GoT actors get.
Going OT, but for the 7th season, 5 of GOT leads are going to get up to
£2 million per episode. Insane amount. So 50-75k per episode on a show on its 7th season is not at all uncommon.
__________________

  #5343  
Old 05-01-2017, 05:27 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 8,915
From what I read, she makes between 44-50,000 an episode. The seasons have 16 episodes so she makes between 700-800,000 a season.
  #5344  
Old 05-01-2017, 05:35 PM
MichelleQ2's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 1,177
I think Meghan is untangling herself from her current life and lifestyle. And she appears to be a strong enough woman that she knows what she is doing. I have felt that there would be an engagement announcement later this year with a wedding in spring of 2017. This weekend I read somewhere (don't remember where) a very valid opinion that with the Invictus Games being in Toronto this Sept (23-30) - it would make sense that Harry would want Meghan officially on his arm; its her home turf. I am not familiar with Suits and its airing or shooting season - but I do expect an engagement announcement in August or before the Invictus Games.
  #5345  
Old 05-01-2017, 05:42 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 11,498
I don't think Meghan would have to be engaged to Harry in order to attend the Invictus Games with him. It is mostly events that are attended by the British Royal Family en masse such as Ascot, Trooping the Color, family weddings and funerals and holidays that she'd only be able to attend as a fiance'.

Harry would be the only one that would be recognized as he is the patron of the Games but I don't see any reason why Meghan couldn't attend with him.
__________________
Nothing is at last sacred but the integrity of your own mind.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
  #5346  
Old 05-01-2017, 05:55 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 14,226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I don't think Meghan would have to be engaged to Harry in order to attend the Invictus Games with him. It is mostly events that are attended by the British Royal Family en masse such as Ascot, Trooping the Color, family weddings and funerals and holidays that she'd only be able to attend as a fiance'.

Harry would be the only one that would be recognized as he is the patron of the Games but I don't see any reason why Meghan couldn't attend with him.
She attend Ascot with him at anytime though. She can also attend family weddings as his guest.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #5347  
Old 05-01-2017, 06:05 PM
XeniaCasaraghi's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Texas, United States
Posts: 3,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
I think Meghan is untangling herself from her current life and lifestyle. And she appears to be a strong enough woman that she knows what she is doing. I have felt that there would be an engagement announcement later this year with a wedding in spring of 2017. This weekend I read somewhere (don't remember where) a very valid opinion that with the Invictus Games being in Toronto this Sept (23-30) - it would make sense that Harry would want Meghan officially on his arm; its her home turf. I am not familiar with Suits and its airing or shooting season - but I do expect an engagement announcement in August or before the Invictus Games.
Sorry but you sound like all the others who think Harry will get engaged to every girl he is with. No tangible evidence, just he has a girlfriend so an engagement is on its way.
__________________
Princess Grace, April 19, 1956
Princess Margaret Rose, May 6, 1960
Crown Princess Mette-Marit, August 25, 2001
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
  #5348  
Old 05-01-2017, 06:22 PM
MichelleQ2's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 1,177
^^^ a bit dismissive and rude - but whatever. I feel I adequately prefaced my opinion as just that - 'I think...', 'I have felt...', 'I do expect...'. The point of my post was to introduce the Invictus Games in Toronto as something relevant on Harry's calendar that could influence timing and could be part of the discussion.
  #5349  
Old 05-01-2017, 06:24 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Waterford, United States
Posts: 1,071
It might be possible; she has been to quite a few formal events and frankly I do believe that she is in the running.
  #5350  
Old 05-01-2017, 06:29 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 11,498
I think a lot of us here, like I do, believe that its not if Harry and Meghan get engaged, its when. I just have a feeling that Harry has found the perfect woman for him and they're just biding their time and sewing up loose ends before they make it official.
__________________
Nothing is at last sacred but the integrity of your own mind.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
  #5351  
Old 05-01-2017, 08:37 PM
HRHHermione's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 2,931
I personally also believe this one is going to go the distance and he will marry her- I never thought that about his other girlfriends.
  #5352  
Old 05-01-2017, 08:38 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
I personally also believe this one is going to go the distance and he will marry her- I never thought that about his other girlfriends.
He's only had 2 girlfriends before.
  #5353  
Old 05-01-2017, 08:47 PM
Iluvbertie's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Bathurst, Australia
Posts: 11,602
He has two long term girlfriends. We don't know how many others he has had at all as he has been seen out once or twice with other girls in between Chelsy and Cressida and again between Cressida and Meghan.
  #5354  
Old 05-01-2017, 09:02 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 9,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
I personally also believe this one is going to go the distance and he will marry her- I never thought that about his other girlfriends.
Me either...not Chelsey nor Cressida.



LaRae
  #5355  
Old 05-01-2017, 10:12 PM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Venice CA, United States
Posts: 4,245
I share the view that Meghan seems like she was made-to-order in many ways: career woman, own money, same charity interests, comfortable in public, including public speaking and being a clothes horse de rigueur that last if one is to be royal these days.

And, importantly, experienced in life. She'll go into any relationship eyes wide-open (one would hope). But.....

To talk of engagement and marriage at this stage, when they met not even a year ago, and have likely been seriously a couple for far less, well....we don't want a repeat of the Charles/Diana whirlwind courtship.
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
  #5356  
Old 05-01-2017, 10:24 PM
Mermaid1962's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NearTheCoast, Canada
Posts: 6,272
She can't ride in a carriage with him, though, unless they are engaged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
She attend Ascot with him at anytime though. She can also attend family weddings as his guest.
  #5357  
Old 05-01-2017, 10:31 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 9,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
I share the view that Meghan seems like she was made-to-order in many ways: career woman, own money, same charity interests, comfortable in public, including public speaking and being a clothes horse de rigueur that last if one is to be royal these days.

And, importantly, experienced in life. She'll go into any relationship eyes wide-open (one would hope). But.....

To talk of engagement and marriage at this stage, when they met not even a year ago, and have likely been seriously a couple for far less, well....we don't want a repeat of the Charles/Diana whirlwind courtship.
Not even close to the situation with C&D. They barely dated (and less than a year total) let alone spent a number of nights together or going to events together...not to mention the difference in ages in C&D and ages of both H&M and the areas of commonality they have.

Totally different senarios.



LaRae
  #5358  
Old 05-01-2017, 10:43 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 8,915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
She can't ride in a carriage with him, though, unless they are engaged.
True but I don't think riding in a carriage is enough of a push to rush an engagement.

She can attend Invictus with him. If there is an official dinner, not likely, but the actual games and such. No reason to rush an engagement for that. Actually more reason not to. I don't see Harry wanting to steal any focus from the event and athletes. If he announces an engagement and brings his fiancé a lot of press will focus on them.
  #5359  
Old 05-01-2017, 10:47 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 9,359
Hmmmm not sure what I think about the chances of them both showing up at Ascot. It doesn't seem like an event (at least in the past) he was that into.


LaRae
  #5360  
Old 05-01-2017, 10:52 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 8,915
He may not attend every day but her certainly attends

2016
Prince Harry and Zara Tindall cheers on Royal Ascot winners | Daily Mail Online

2015
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...s-Camilla.html

2014
http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/...en-at-race-day
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
aif camilla caracciolo chris o'neill crown princess victoria current events duchess of brabant duchess of calabria family fashion felipe and letizia general news grandchild hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume history infanta cristina infanta leonor infanta sofia iñaki urdangarín king felipe king felipe and queen letizia current events king felipe vi king philippe king willem-alexander letizia liechtenstein lord snowdon meghan markle news nobel 2017 norwegian royal family porphyria prince carl philip prince charles prince daniel prince emmanuel prince gabriel prince harry prince harry of wales prince nicholas prince oscar prince sebastian princess alexandra of luxembourg princess claire of luxembourg princess eleonore princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess of asturias princess victoria queen letizia queen mary of teck queen mathilde queen maxima queen silvia royal royal ancestry royal geneology royal wedding soldier state visit stephanie sweden swedish royal family victoria waldeck wedding windsor castle working visit



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:40 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018
Jelsoft Enterprises