The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 04:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Observer7 View Post
Meghan will probably do the whole season. She makes a **** load of money every episode I understand, 50-75K an episode?
Seriously? Is that show that popular? If she gets that much I wonder what the GoT actors get.

Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 05-01-2017, 04:53 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi View Post
Seriously? Is that show that popular? If she gets that much I wonder what the GoT actors get.
Going OT, but for the 7th season, 5 of GOT leads are going to get up to
£2 million per episode. Insane amount. So 50-75k per episode on a show on its 7th season is not at all uncommon.

Old 05-01-2017, 05:27 PM
Heir Apparent

From what I read, she makes between 44-50,000 an episode. The seasons have 16 episodes so she makes between 700-800,000 a season.
Old 05-01-2017, 05:35 PM
Serene Highness

I think Meghan is untangling herself from her current life and lifestyle. And she appears to be a strong enough woman that she knows what she is doing. I have felt that there would be an engagement announcement later this year with a wedding in spring of 2017. This weekend I read somewhere (don't remember where) a very valid opinion that with the Invictus Games being in Toronto this Sept (23-30) - it would make sense that Harry would want Meghan officially on his arm; its her home turf. I am not familiar with Suits and its airing or shooting season - but I do expect an engagement announcement in August or before the Invictus Games.
Old 05-01-2017, 05:42 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I don't think Meghan would have to be engaged to Harry in order to attend the Invictus Games with him. It is mostly events that are attended by the British Royal Family en masse such as Ascot, Trooping the Color, family weddings and funerals and holidays that she'd only be able to attend as a fiance'.

Harry would be the only one that would be recognized as he is the patron of the Games but I don't see any reason why Meghan couldn't attend with him.
Old 05-01-2017, 05:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I don't think Meghan would have to be engaged to Harry in order to attend the Invictus Games with him. It is mostly events that are attended by the British Royal Family en masse such as Ascot, Trooping the Color, family weddings and funerals and holidays that she'd only be able to attend as a fiance'.

Harry would be the only one that would be recognized as he is the patron of the Games but I don't see any reason why Meghan couldn't attend with him.
She attend Ascot with him at anytime though. She can also attend family weddings as his guest.

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-01-2017, 06:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
I think Meghan is untangling herself from her current life and lifestyle. And she appears to be a strong enough woman that she knows what she is doing. I have felt that there would be an engagement announcement later this year with a wedding in spring of 2017. This weekend I read somewhere (don't remember where) a very valid opinion that with the Invictus Games being in Toronto this Sept (23-30) - it would make sense that Harry would want Meghan officially on his arm; its her home turf. I am not familiar with Suits and its airing or shooting season - but I do expect an engagement announcement in August or before the Invictus Games.
Sorry but you sound like all the others who think Harry will get engaged to every girl he is with. No tangible evidence, just he has a girlfriend so an engagement is on its way.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 05-01-2017, 06:22 PM
Serene Highness

^^^ a bit dismissive and rude - but whatever. I feel I adequately prefaced my opinion as just that - 'I think...', 'I have felt...', 'I do expect...'. The point of my post was to introduce the Invictus Games in Toronto as something relevant on Harry's calendar that could influence timing and could be part of the discussion.
Old 05-01-2017, 06:24 PM
Serene Highness

It might be possible; she has been to quite a few formal events and frankly I do believe that she is in the running.
Old 05-01-2017, 06:29 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I think a lot of us here, like I do, believe that its not if Harry and Meghan get engaged, its when. I just have a feeling that Harry has found the perfect woman for him and they're just biding their time and sewing up loose ends before they make it official.
Old 05-01-2017, 08:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

I personally also believe this one is going to go the distance and he will marry her- I never thought that about his other girlfriends.
Old 05-01-2017, 08:38 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
I personally also believe this one is going to go the distance and he will marry her- I never thought that about his other girlfriends.
He's only had 2 girlfriends before.
Old 05-01-2017, 08:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

He has two long term girlfriends. We don't know how many others he has had at all as he has been seen out once or twice with other girls in between Chelsy and Cressida and again between Cressida and Meghan.
Old 05-01-2017, 09:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Me either...not Chelsey nor Cressida.

LaRae
Old 05-01-2017, 10:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

I share the view that Meghan seems like she was made-to-order in many ways: career woman, own money, same charity interests, comfortable in public, including public speaking and being a clothes horse de rigueur that last if one is to be royal these days.

And, importantly, experienced in life. She'll go into any relationship eyes wide-open (one would hope). But.....

To talk of engagement and marriage at this stage, when they met not even a year ago, and have likely been seriously a couple for far less, well....we don't want a repeat of the Charles/Diana whirlwind courtship.
Old 05-01-2017, 10:24 PM
Majesty

She can't ride in a carriage with him, though, unless they are engaged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
She attend Ascot with him at anytime though. She can also attend family weddings as his guest.
Old 05-01-2017, 10:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
I share the view that Meghan seems like she was made-to-order in many ways: career woman, own money, same charity interests, comfortable in public, including public speaking and being a clothes horse de rigueur that last if one is to be royal these days.

And, importantly, experienced in life. She'll go into any relationship eyes wide-open (one would hope). But.....

To talk of engagement and marriage at this stage, when they met not even a year ago, and have likely been seriously a couple for far less, well....we don't want a repeat of the Charles/Diana whirlwind courtship.
Not even close to the situation with C&D. They barely dated (and less than a year total) let alone spent a number of nights together or going to events together...not to mention the difference in ages in C&D and ages of both H&M and the areas of commonality they have.

Totally different senarios.

LaRae
Old 05-01-2017, 10:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
She can't ride in a carriage with him, though, unless they are engaged.
True but I don't think riding in a carriage is enough of a push to rush an engagement.

She can attend Invictus with him. If there is an official dinner, not likely, but the actual games and such. No reason to rush an engagement for that. Actually more reason not to. I don't see Harry wanting to steal any focus from the event and athletes. If he announces an engagement and brings his fiancé a lot of press will focus on them.
Old 05-01-2017, 10:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Hmmmm not sure what I think about the chances of them both showing up at Ascot. It doesn't seem like an event (at least in the past) he was that into.

LaRae
Old 05-01-2017, 10:52 PM
Heir Apparent

He may not attend every day but her certainly attends

Prince Harry and Zara Tindall cheers on Royal Ascot winners | Daily Mail Online

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...s-Camilla.html

http://www.express.co.uk/news/royal/...en-at-race-day

Closed Thread