The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 12:34 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
One thing we know and that is that neither Harry or Meghan have based their world around the other. They both have commitments. They both have their own humanitarian interests. They both have to find time for each other. They're meeting on equal ground.

These are reasons I think a royal marriage would work. Should Harry be occupied with something like a two week tour of somewhere in the world, Meghan wouldn't be the type that sits home just waiting for her man to come home. She's more likely to throw herself into her own causes and find things to occupy herself while Harry was gone. They wouldn't have to be in each other's back pocket all the time. Most importantly, I get the feeling that these two will form a formidable team and work very well together and also with the "Firm". She has the chutzpah and the stamina to go the long road and if and when they do marry, it will be a marriage they went into maturely with a lot of thought and a lot of planning and they'll know what they expect from each other as well as what to expect with being a royal couple.

In other words, I think Harry just may have found his "Kate".

Old 04-26-2017, 12:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

Since they don't live on the same continent and only spend bits of time together when she's free, its a long distance relationship..and their marriage if they get married, will have to be very different. So will Meghan adjust? Wil she be bored stiff cutting ribbons and being secondary to Harry as she will have to be? will She adjust to the formalty of life in the UK and the RF.
Will she and Harry find married life a very different proposition from the excitement of meeting up when tey have time and can get together, and things being all new and fun and passionate...

As for her being "superwoman" it seems to me that most actresses nowadays do this sort of "humanitarian" stuff, to some extent. how serious they are about it, is up to them.. I'm sure some are very genuine and want to help the less fortunate and others its for PR.
and while I've never taken much interest In Harry in younger days, I thoguth that his girlfriend Chelsey was a lawyer so she's hardly a sociilate idler...

Old 04-26-2017, 01:53 AM
Majesty

One thing I've noticed is that a lot of people focus on the negative aspects of why the marriage wouldn't work and the other half of the people focus on the positive aspects of why the marriage would work. Both are valid and both are legitimate concerns and the only way to actually find out the answers is to wait and see if it happens and how they adjust to married life and the royal fishbowl.

I don't think any one of us go into a relationship or a marriage with a sure fire guarantee that it'll work 100% of the time. The marriage itself doesn't come with a day by day "how to" book. Its a journey and an adventure and we take it as it comes. Meghan and Harry are no different in this respect.

We come up with different ideas and opinions as we endure the hardest part of the whole deal which is "wait and see".
Old 04-26-2017, 02:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

I'm just waiting to see what this new year will bring for this couple.

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-26-2017, 02:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
One thing I've noticed is that a lot of people focus on the negative aspects of why the marriage wouldn't work and the other half of the people focus on the positive aspects of why the marriage would work. The marriage itself doesn't come with a day by day "how to" book. Its a journey and an adventure and we take it as it comes. Meghan and Harry are no different in this respect.

We come up with different ideas and opinions as we endure the hardest part of the whole deal which is "wait and see".
no but the RF wants Harry to make a marriage that lasts. Which is why the queen seems to have advised her grandchildren to give any relationship a few years, and to live together. Kate and Will were a couple for several years, before they took the plunge. harry has been with Meghan for about a year, I gather and tis all been long distance. So I don't think its a very fair trial for married life. But given that she DOES have a career that's based very far from the UK, for her to move in with H here, would be very much like making a commitment. So it is awkward for them to get a chance to try out how they get alogn on a day to day basis, without setting off media frenzy as in "Harry's American girl living in Buck Palace"...
Old 04-26-2017, 02:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
no but the RF wants Harry to make a marriage that lasts. Which is why the queen seems to have advised her grandchildren to give any relationship a few years, and to live together. Kate and Will were a couple for several years, before they took the plunge. harry has been with Meghan for about a year, I gather and tis all been long distance. So I don't think its a very fair trial for married life. But given that she DOES have a career that's based very far from the UK, for her to move in with H here, would be very much like making a commitment. So it is awkward for them to get a chance to try out how they get alogn on a day to day basis, without setting off media frenzy as in "Harry's American girl living in Buck Palace"...
Age makes the difference for Harry and Meghan's case.

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-26-2017, 03:05 AM
Courtier

Quote:
and while I've never taken much interest In Harry in younger days, I thoguth that his girlfriend Chelsey was a lawyer so she's hardly a sociilate idler...
Chelsey trained to be a lawyer. She took a position w/ a firm that allowed her a year off before she started. She then worked as a lawyer for a short while & seems to have decided not to pursue that career. Getting through law school is hard but mentally challenging, actually working as a lawyer takes a lot of hard boring work, and is more of a grind, it's not for everyone, she was wise to recognize it wasn't the career for her early on & lucky enough to have the resources to do other things.
Old 04-26-2017, 03:13 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Age makes the difference for Harry and Meghan's case.
Agreed. We also don't know that's they're going to marry tomorrow. They may wait until her commitments at Suits is over and then move in together at Nott Cott and remain that way for quite a while before announcing an engagement. These are two people that are tackling things from all angles and in a mature way which takes a lot of compromising. Sometimes compromising and thinking of the other person first is a far harder thing to do than to deal with dirty towels on the floor and fighting over which side of the bed a person gets.

Sometimes the obstacles that are facing Harry and Meghan right now are the true test of a relationship more than living together would provide.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:28 AM
Majesty

If they marry...they will do so within the next year (I am guessing spring early summer of 2018). Due to their ages they aren't going to have a long relationship/engagement.

If they are still together end of this summer...I expect an engagement (announcement, no telling what they will have done privately) by winter or early next year. Whenever her show is done filming etc. I don't expect her to return to the show.

LaRae
Old 04-26-2017, 05:33 PM
Nobility

I agree with the more positive and reasonably fair comments.

As far as the 'fighting over the bed position scenario', the nice thing about that is simply having your own separate rooms, which will be possible when/if Harry and Meg are engaged and married, they move into the renovated digs at Kensington Palace (Diana's old apartment wing in KP) -- much larger than Nott Cott.

All couples who are deeply committed learn how to keep the fires burning to ensure that their quality time is fresh, exciting, and fun. Life is about ups and downs too. But if you have a strong bond, communicate well, and manage to have your individual, separate alone time, I think that would tend to help any couple weather the storms of life's complications -- big and small. Plus, these two will be leading a high profile lifestyle with surely many high pressure moments that will keep them on their toes. Through it all, they will likely both encourage and support each other along with having some fun too.
Old 04-26-2017, 05:53 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
If they marry...they will do so within the next year (I am guessing spring early summer of 2018). Due to their ages they aren't going to have a long relationship/engagement.

If they are still together end of this summer...I expect an engagement (announcement, no telling what they will have done privately) by winter or early next year. Whenever her show is done filming etc. I don't expect her to return to the show.

LaRae
If she doesn't return to the show, I think we can be virtually positive that she and Prince Harry are going to be announcing an engagement. I can't wait.
Old 04-26-2017, 06:26 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchessrachel View Post
If she doesn't return to the show, I think we can be virtually positive that she and Prince Harry are going to be announcing an engagement. I can't wait.
Another thing to be aware of is the possibility of a writers strike coming up in Hollywood....that means she may be out of work sooner rather than later??!!
Save
Old 04-26-2017, 06:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchessrachel View Post
I really cross my fingers, I love this couple !
Old 04-26-2017, 06:59 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Will she and Harry find married life a very different proposition from the excitement of meeting up when tey have time and can get together, and things being all new and fun and passionate...
As someone who married a man after several years of long-distance relationship (we never lived in the same city until shortly before the wedding), this makes me laugh.

Yes, there are brief moments of excitement when you're able to actually see each other, but it's hard to be physically apart. It's hard not to be able to have fun experiences together every day. The reason a long-distance thing is hard to maintain is because it lives or dies by the quality of conversation you're able to have over the phone (and these days, I guess, text, Facetime or Skype).

But that's the good thing, too. When all you can do is talk, you can really get to know each other in a very deep and thorough way. The very long conversations my now-husband and I had every night were excellent preparation for marriage, even if we weren't in the same place very often.

Now, who knows what Harry and Meghan are talking about or how much they're able to talk every day, given the big difference in time zones. But based on my experience, anyway, I wouldn't call the fact that they're currently living far apart an indicator that their relationship is rooted in excitement.
Old 04-26-2017, 07:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

I've started watching "Suits" because of my interest in this relationship and I really enjoy her acting and character on the show. She's a good actress and delivers lines really well- excellent preparation for public speaking and a public role in general.
Old 04-27-2017, 03:14 AM
Courtier

Cinsidering that for many, the first real inkling of the relationship was Harry's statement regarding the harressment Meghan was facing back last October / November (?) shows how serious it was back then. It has only gone from strength to strength with both parties crossing the ocean a number of times to spend as much time together as their committments allow.
It's been posted earlier that Harry will spend quite a bit of time in Canada this summer where the Invictus Games are to be held.
Harrry's charities take him out of the UK quite a bit, he doesn't have the same level of royal duty as William and could quite possibly have homes both in the UK and elsewhere in the future.
The life Harry and Meghan have together is a lot more open to opportunity than William and Kate's in that regard.
Old 04-27-2017, 04:27 AM
Majesty

Right now he is a grandson of the queen. Neither he nor William are expected to do full duties. William flies part time and has kids. Harry spends a lot of time abroad. His charity work is royal duties. The pagentry and things like knighting or being counsellor of state are only small percentage of what royals do.

When Charles is king Harrys life will change too. The older royals will start retiring and if not replaced with more bodies like the yorks, William and Harry will both have to pick up their roles ten fold. At least until George and Charlotte are done university and ready for duties, Harry will have to step up. He may continue traveling for Invictus and such but the idea he would live abroad are pipe dreams. And as his uncles and sung slow down eventually, even more.
Old 04-27-2017, 02:34 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
When Charles is king Harrys life will change too. The older royals will start retiring and if not replaced with more bodies like the yorks, William and Harry will both have to pick up their roles ten fold. At least until George and Charlotte are done university and ready for duties, Harry will have to step up. He may continue traveling for Invictus and such but the idea he would live abroad are pipe dreams. And as his uncles and sung slow down eventually, even more.
Princess Margaret had her home in Mustique as the sibling of the monarch. Prince Charles has a home in Romania right now, despite his fairly heavy schedule of royal duties. So there is precedent for someone in the position Harry will occupy to have a getaway in another nation.
Old 04-27-2017, 03:10 PM
Majesty

I've always thought that if Harry was ever to get a home outside of the UK, it would be in Africa. Its possible that this will happen. Both Harry and Meghan seem to have taken on causes and issues that relate to Africa especially Harry's Lesotho charity Sentebale.

I think though that if and when Harry would buy a residence outside of the UK, it will have some purpose to it as Charles' property in Romania is available for rental to boost tourism there.

Then again, this couple may really surprise us and go outside of the box on a lot of things we've never even thought of.
Old 04-27-2017, 03:36 PM
Nobility

Well, who knows if these two will get married at all or what they'll decide to do for themselves in that event. But if they did, I would think following Willem-Alexander and Maxima's lead would be smart. They have their own place in Argentina so they can have a designated place to go that is secure and known to their security folks, but also does not belong to anyone else in her family. Given her father's political past, who knows what hay could have been made at some point if their visits to her family had instead been to stay in the home of a man who wasn't even allowed in the country for their wedding, kwim?

In Meghan's case, her family isn't nearly the same level of tinderkeg, but some of them are pretty messy. To have their own home base while visiting her family would let them stay in control of that situation as much as possible. Best of all would be if she bought the place with her own money before the wedding.