The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2017, 03:18 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
This is almost like playing a game of Clue. I see Harry in the Blues and the Royals uniform at St. George's Chapel, Windsor in the springtime.

I remember very well William becoming Colonel of the Irish Guard in the lead up to his wedding. He wanted to wear his RAF dress uniform but HM pulled rank on this one and he wore the red dress uniform of the Irish Guards.

Old 04-22-2017, 04:21 AM
Super Moderator

This thread is about Harry's relationship, not a Weddings suggestions and musings thread. Let get back to topic please.

Old 04-22-2017, 12:04 PM
Nobility

I am excited. She is American born and raised and half black and will be a British princess. That will be significant and an extremely positive way!!! I read somewhere that Afro Brits are excited about Meghan and the prospect of having the first British princess of color in he BRF. I need to try and find it. Ya'll it is just as big as having the first Black President of the United States elected in 2008. Seriously!!!

She's different and fresh which is what that family needs.
Old 04-22-2017, 01:08 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Observer7 View Post
Ya'll it is just as big as having the first Black President of the United States elected in 2008.
No its not
Old 04-22-2017, 01:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I the first Black President of the United States elected in 2008. Seriously!!!

I don't think it does.. what it needs are hard working people who will keep the show going...
Old 04-22-2017, 01:27 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
In this day and age in Britain, its become a very multi-cultural nation.

And sorry to burst the bubble but Meghan wouldn't be the first multi-cultural royal in Britain. England's first Black Queen, Sophie Charlotte was the first. She was Queen Consort to George III. This was during the time of the American revolution.

http://www.aaregistry.org/historic_e...charlotte-born
Old 04-22-2017, 01:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post

And sorry to burst the bubble but Meghan wouldn't be the first multi-cultural royal in Britain. England's first Black Queen, Sophie Charlotte was the first. She was Queen Consort to George III. This was during the time of the American revolution.

England's first Black Queen, Sophie Charlotte born | African American Registry
This is true indeed. A beautiful Queen she was.

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-22-2017, 02:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I am excited. She is American born and raised and half black and will be a British princess. That will be significant and an extremely positive way!!! I read somewhere that Afro Brits are excited about Meghan and the prospect of having the first British princess of color in he BRF. I need to try and find it. Ya'll it is just as big as having the first Black President of the United States elected in 2008. Seriously!!!

Being half black, a divorcee, and an American actress are not very relevant to the BRF IMHO. However, a prince of the United Kingdom marrying a Jewish (i.e. non-Christian) woman will be a big shake-up in the establishment, if it actually happens.
Old 04-22-2017, 03:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post

http://www.aaregistry.org/historic_e...charlotte-born
It is not the same I think. That was ages ago.
Members of the BRF(and European monarchies in general) who married in are always white. Despite governing over a multicultural nation, the royal family does not reflect that. So indeed Meghan, should she get married to Harry will be a breath of fresh air.
Old 04-22-2017, 03:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
Members of the BRF(and European monarchies in general) who married in are always white. Despite governing over a multicultural nation, the royal family does not reflect that. So indeed Meghan, should she get married to Harry will be a breath of fresh air.
Europeans normally are not obsessed with race as Americans are. In fact, "race" is not even a meaningful biological concept; it is merely a social construct.

However, as I have been trying to argue, religion might be a much bigger hurdle for Meghan as the UK (or England rather) still has an established church governed by the Queen and intimately associated with the Royal Family. There is no such thing as separation of Church and State in the UK as it exists for example in the US.
Old 04-22-2017, 04:06 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
No.

Princess Angela of Lichtenstein is African American. Making Prince Alfons biracial. She is said to be the first Known African American in that Sophia Charlottes African ancestry wasn't recognized at the time she lived.

Lady Davina Lewis is married to a man of Maori descent.

Prince Joachims first wife was of Chinese descent.

So Meghan would certainly not be the only non Caucasian Royal in Europe. Well Davina is extended royal family. Alexandra may be divorced, but Felix and Nikolai are part Chinese as well.
Old 04-22-2017, 04:22 PM
Aristocracy

But do they look part Chinese. If I showed ten people a picture of Prince Felix and told them he was part Chinese, I bet they would laugh in my face or think I am on something.
Old 04-22-2017, 04:33 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalHighness 2002 View Post
But do they look part Chinese. If I showed ten people a picture of Prince Felix and told them he was part Chinese, I bet they would laugh in my face or think I am on something.
Wow, not sure how insulting you realize that sounds

So it's okay they are biracial if they don't look it? they are part chinese whether they look it or not. And the poster was talking wives. There was no doubt looking at Alexandra she was Chinese.

Meghan is quite fair for being biracial. There is no certainty her kids would 'look African'. Not that it matters if they did
Old 04-22-2017, 05:04 PM
Aristocracy

I was trying to say the weren't multiethnic. I was just trying to show (badly) that most people don't know their is diversity in European royal families. The average American probably doesn't know Lichtenstein has a princely family and maybe a small percent know the head, so I don't expect them to know who Princess Angela is. If her father is barely known, then I don't think Lady Davina is common knowledge or the ethnicity of her husband. Yes, Countess Alexandra was known but now most people may not remember her or Prince Joachim as much. So Meghan marrying into the most famous royal family would definitely be seen and could bring attention to those like Prince Felix and Princess Angela showing the diversity of Europe's ruling families.
Old 04-22-2017, 06:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
?? so what if they do or don't look Chinese? What on earth does this mean?
Old 04-22-2017, 07:10 PM
Commoner

Quote:
He DOES look part Chinese though. Its in the eyes.
Old 04-22-2017, 07:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
This is true indeed. A beautiful Queen she was.
was she? I thought she was considered rather plain. And her African ancestry was not known..
Old 04-22-2017, 07:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
was she? I thought she was considered rather plain. And her African ancestry was not known..

Maybe the comment referred to her other qualities instead of her looks? She was supposedly very intelligent and had an interest in science and history.

But it's said that most of her contemporaries considered her ugly. I read an account in which she was described as resembling a gargoyle.

(I think the theory that she had African ancestry is quite recent, though).
Old 04-22-2017, 07:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Yes, I see some beauty in her-

http://www.nybooks.com/wp-content/up...e-two-sons.jpg

I here the people of Charlotte, North Carolina are happy their city was named after her.

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-22-2017, 07:42 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Maybe the comment referred to her other qualities instead of her looks? She was supposedly very intelligent and had an interest in science and history.

But it's said that most of her contemporaries considered her ugly. I read an account in which she was described as resembling a gargoyle.

(I think the theory that she had African ancestry is quite recent, though).
Yes recent, as in the last decade or so. A biographer wrote an expose claiming she was descended from a black portugese line. But even in charlottes time, if it's true, it was quite a few generations back.

Yes, the woman had an unfortunate reputation for her looks. But she seemed quite popular. Her work in improving loves if orphans, education for women and her art patronage are all quite respected.