The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2017, 02:50 PM
Nobility

These 'reporters' are embarrassing themselves trying to sneak in questions about Harry's personal life. His answers were good, he directed the discussion back to the topic like a pro.

Old 04-21-2017, 04:13 PM
Nobility

Well to be fair, Harry did kinda open that door when he decided to share his own personal struggles. I don't think you can share aspects on your personal life and not expect some reporter or journalist to try to dig deeper. Of course I totally understand why Harry avoided answering but I don't really blame the reporter for trying to get him to share more. I'm sure Harry expected it and understood that she was essentially doing her job.

Old 04-21-2017, 04:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
These 'reporters' are embarrassing themselves trying to sneak in questions about Harry's personal life. His answers were good, he directed the discussion back to the topic like a pro.

It's their job- they have to try and get the information most likely to get their outlet attention. The PR professionals who work with Harry have the job of training him to stay on message and offer polite responses that don't reveal more than he is comfortable revealing.

Both types of professionals did their job here :)
Old 04-21-2017, 09:15 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Harry did a wonderful job deflecting questions about his personal life. Many people get tripped up when a question they weren't expecting gets thrown into the mix but I think, by now, Harry knows that everyone and their grandmother's cat wants to know how the romance is progressing.

As far as opening the door talking about his personal life, the aspect of his personal life that he shared with the public was for a specific purpose of being able to be identified with Heads Together and showing the need to be able to talk about problems rather than keeping it all bottled up. It has absolutely nothing to do with his present love life although he does admit to being "in a good place" today with it.

Very diplomatic, Harry, very diplomatic!
Old 04-21-2017, 11:26 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Harry did a wonderful job deflecting questions about his personal life. Many people get tripped up when a question they weren't expecting gets thrown into the mix but I think, by now, Harry knows that everyone and their grandmother's cat wants to know how the romance is progressing.

As far as opening the door talking about his personal life, the aspect of his personal life that he shared with the public was for a specific purpose of being able to be identified with Heads Together and showing the need to be able to talk about problems rather than keeping it all bottled up. It has absolutely nothing to do with his present love life although he does admit to being "in a good place" today with it.

Very diplomatic, Harry, very diplomatic!
Harry has done an amazing job with this Heads Together Campaign! So on point, diplomatic and authentic!!If I was his girlfriend I would be very proud of him!!

Save
Old 04-22-2017, 12:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

I'm sure Meghan is very proud of Harry and this amazing campaign. He gave Rhiannon just enough to let her know he and Meghan are happy. I liked his answer.

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-22-2017, 12:38 AM
Majesty

The reporters were doing their job. I don't see anything rude about it.

And Harry did his. He was articulate, stayed on topic and kept focus on the charity. He gave just enough an answer to satisfy them without either revealing too much or coming off as standoffish. It's a balance his brother had trouble with at times. Good to see he is learning that or balance.

And I am certain Meghan is indeed proud of his work.
Old 04-22-2017, 12:50 AM
Aristocracy

I believe and think Harry will surprise everyone and have his wedding at St. Paul's. He is a grand figure. He has a larger than life personality. Very charismatic man.

Royal protocol should not determine a royal's location of marriage. It should be at St. Paul's. It should be covered live on TV/Internet so people can feel some type of joy in this troubled world that we live in today.
Old 04-22-2017, 01:05 AM
Majesty

He is charismatic but not showy. Having a huge flashy wedding doesn't seem him.

St. Paul's is highly unlikely. Charles and Diana married there as they had 3500 guests and Westminster couldn't come close to holding that many. St. Paul is the second largest cathedral in the uk. Harry will not have a wedding even as large as his brother. If anything, he will use Westminster but I think we would only see that if he marries during his father's reign. As a grandson of the monarch and not direct heir, it's not likely to be that scale.

If in London, the chapel at St James seems the most likely. A number of Royal weddings have been there. Or St Georges in Windsor. I do think it will be filmed and some public inclusion but not the big weddings if the eighties or William.
Old 04-22-2017, 01:10 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
He is charismatic but not showy. Having a huge flashy wedding doesn't seem him.

St. Paul's is highly unlikely. Charles and Diana married there as they had 3500 guests and Westminster couldn't come close to holding that many. St. Paul is the second largest cathedral in the uk. Harry will not have a wedding even as large as his brother. If anything, he will use Westminster but I think we would only see that if he marries during his father's reign. As a grandson of the monarch and not direct heir, it's not likely to be that scale.

If in London, the chapel at St James seems the most likely. A number of Royal weddings have been there. Or St Georges in Windsor. I do think it will be filmed and some public inclusion but not the big weddings if the eighties or William.
He should wear a uniform on his wedding day instead of a traditional groom suit. A red Army uniform would look good on him, or maybe a Naval uniform. Either William or his young cousin, Prince James, should be his best men. It would be a classic event. It should be held on a sunny, brisk, crisp, cool early December morning before the family heads to Sandringham. Let Harry and Meghan have a month of honeymoon in Wales, to honor his parents. A snowy wedding in London would be so sweet.

It would be a historic wedding. Meghan is biracial, she'd be the first biracial princess of marriage.
Old 04-22-2017, 01:22 AM
Heir Apparent

There would be no crowds out on a wintry December day, though I love winter weddings myself! Quite frankly, I think Harry wouldn't mind a Royal Chapel wedding inside BP, if it hadn't been bombed during WW2. Or a fun wedding somewhere like Meghan's first nuptials, with friends and family having a good time, perhaps in Switzerland with skiing the next day.

It's a bit sad when you're a member of a Royal family but your preferences for your wedding come second, (if you're senior enough) to dynastic and PR considerations.
Old 04-22-2017, 01:24 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westfield Bakery View Post
He should wear a uniform on his wedding day instead of a traditional groom suit. A red Army uniform would look good on him, or maybe a Naval uniform. Either William or his young cousin, Prince James, should be his best men. It would be a classic event. It should be held on a sunny, brisk, crisp, cool early December morning before the family heads to Sandringham. Let Harry and Meghan have a month of honeymoon in Wales, to honor his parents. A snowy wedding in London would be so sweet.
The only uniform Harry would wear is the one of his regiment. I would expect that he would wear the uniform of the Blues and the Royals.

The many uniforms of Prince Harry explained – Royal Central

This is also the uniform Harry wore when standing up for his brother William at his wedding.
Old 04-22-2017, 01:25 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
There would be no crowds out on a wintry December day, though I love winter weddings myself! Quite frankly, I think Harry wouldn't mind a Royal Chapel wedding inside BP, if it hadn't been bombed during WW2. Or a fun wedding somewhere like Meghan's first nuptials, with friends and family having a good time, perhaps in Switzerland with skiing the next day.

It's a bit sad when you're a member of a Royal family but your preferences for your wedding come second, (if you're senior enough) to dynastic and PR considerations.
If it is a balmy December day, people will pack London. It would be nice to see her family's coat of arms. One of the songs sung at the wedding should be I Vow to Thee My Country, in honor of his beloved mother and grandfather, Philip's service to the Royal Navy.

Quote:
The only uniform Harry would wear is the one of his regiment. I would expect that he would wear the uniform of the Blues and the Royals.

The many uniforms of Prince Harry explained – Royal Central

This is also the uniform Harry wore when standing up for his brother William at his wedding.
It would be nice for Anne, Princess Royal, to wear in full naval uniform to honor her nephew on that day. Her husband wears it to most weddings.
Old 04-22-2017, 01:51 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westfield Bakery View Post

It would be a historic wedding. Meghan is biracial, she'd be the first biracial princess of marriage.
James is all of nine years old. If he was in the wedding he would be a page boy, not best man. Your best man and maid of honor are usually a sibling or closest friend.

First British biracial princess. There is one on the continent already.

Harry can only wear an uniform he belongs to. The blues and royals. He isn't in the navy and has never been given an honorary role.

Anne doesn't wear an uniform except military events on occasion. She never actively served. Her husband wears his as he has had a long career, and he often represents the BRF in military related charities. We will no more see Anne at a wedding in military uniform then the queen, Sophie, Kate or any other royal woman with an honorary rank.

Winter weddings are uncommon for a very good reason. Counting on a balmy day in winter is risky even in London. People are certainly not going to line streets on a chilly December day as they would in warmer weather.

Nor are they likely to honeymoon in Wales. They aren't the kind if couple staying on a private estate by a fire to keep out of public eye would suit them. Marry in winter, a ski vacation in Switzerland, a honeymoon on Necker or Mustique. The kind of destination wedding both would likely consider if not for family, so instead they run off on honeymoon.
Old 04-22-2017, 01:53 AM
Majesty

I have to agree with folks that think when Harry marries, he'll have a much more low keyed event than his brother did. Spring at St. George's Chapel at Windsor with carriages would be a perfect setting. I can't see Harry's wedding being quite as formal as William's either.

I'm not sure it would be televised but if so, probably one media outlet that would feed to the rest to keep the intrusion of cameras and photographers to a minimum.
Old 04-22-2017, 01:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

Quote:
I have to agree with folks that think when Harry marries, he'll have a much more low keyed event than his brother did. Spring at St. George's Chapel at Windsor with carriages would be a perfect setting. I can't see Harry's wedding being quite as formal as William's either.

I'm not sure it would be televised but if so, probably one media outlet that would feed to the rest to keep the intrusion of cameras and photographers to a minimum.

I'd be absolutely shocked if it wasn't televised. Charles' family has been spotlighted as the future for the last few years. Harry will eventually be the son of one king and brother to another. He's also got tremendous popularity throughout the world.

I think his wedding might be slightly more low key than William's- but not dramatically.
Old 04-22-2017, 02:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Harry actually does hold honorary positions in the RAF, and in the Navy (since 2006 he's been hon Commodore in Chief of Small Ships and Diving. In that capacity I remember him inspecting a submarine crew down in Portsmouth.) So, in theory, he could wear a Naval uniform, or a Canadian Ranger one, as he is also an hon Ranger.

It would actually be great to see Harry in Ranger uniform for his wedding, though in reality it's likely to be the dark blue of the Blues and Royals. Unless, of course, he gets an hon Colonelcy in Chief to another old regiment before his wedding.
Old 04-22-2017, 02:07 AM
Majesty

Quote:

Edwards was. There was media attention for Peter and Zara. There is certainly no way Harry will escape media attention. At least outside the church. It's highly likely at least one camera crew will be allowed inside to film. Outside the reality is media will come invited or not. Harrybjs popular. It's easier to control the pals when you invite them and set rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Harry actually does hold honorary positions in the RAF, and in the Navy (since 2006 he's been hon Commodore in Chief of Small Ships and Diving. In that capacity I remember him inspecting a submarine crew down in Portsmouth.) So, in theory, he could wear a Naval uniform, or a Canadian Ranger one, as he is also an hon Ranger.

It would actually be great to see Harry in Ranger uniform for his wedding, though in reality it's likely to be the dark blue of the Blues and Royals. Unless, of course, he gets an hon Colonelcy in Chief to another old regiment before his wedding.
He could prove me wrong. But it seems highly unlikely he would choose an uniform he has only been an honorary member of when he has been active service military. I am Canadian but I don't think it makes sense for him to wear our ranger uniform. He has no real connection to them. He should be wearing his colors in the forces he actually served under.
Old 04-22-2017, 02:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes, it was just me in lighthearted mode. However, there might be more of a chance of an hon Colonelcy of another regiment, I think. One was mooted for Harry a couple of years ago.
Old 04-22-2017, 02:49 AM
Majesty

Honestly, even if he gets a honorary conoletcy id say the same. I get being a patron of a military body. But something about wearing an uniform you didn't earn and medals even, never sits right for me. IMO if they have actually served in the military, they should wear the uniform they earned. I wish William had, and I hope Harry does. William should have worn his airforce as he was active duty at the time, or at the very least his blue and royals.

I hope we will see captain Harry in his blues and royals, with William as best man in the RAF uniform.