The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2017, 11:48 PM
Nobility

I hear that Meghan now has a security team protecting her.

Old 04-18-2017, 11:55 PM
Heir Apparent

What from, Harry? Sorry, bad joke!

There might be threats that we know nothing about. We know Harry has to have a number of RPOs because of his service in Afghanstan. There are all sorts of nutters around and Meghan's not popular on some social media. She could have been getting some awful mail, hence the private security.

Old 04-19-2017, 12:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Regarding such a simple observation. We all have different impressions and 'takes' on people. I deal a lot with public image kind of people. I have my reasons for what I 'see' and sometimes for me the 'markers' are so obvious that I assume others see them, too. This is a good reminder for me. I see Harry differently than you I guess, and I have my reasons, just as you have yours for what you see. No big deal. The personal tone suggesting offense is not what I was seeking to elicit, truly. I thought what I was saying was obvious. Guess it isn't, so as stated, I will move on.

Take care.
Old 04-19-2017, 12:50 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Observer7 View Post
I hear that Meghan now has a security team protecting her.
The studio assigned security to her when the relationship became public. But I believe that's only when she's working. She doesn't have security when she's off doing her own thing. Although ET has reported before that there were people at her house installing security cameras. I believe that was around the time when Harry flew to Toronto straight from his Carribbean tour. One of the recurring actors on Suits, Malcolm-Jamal Warner, did an interview and said there are A LOT of security on set now. This level of attention not only attracts threats, but also paparazzi that are willing to break the law to get a picture.
Old 04-19-2017, 12:54 AM
Heir Apparent

I think the Suits people got Meghan some personal protection round about the time that tabloids and social media were going full pelt, as far as I remember. Just before the November KP statement. These aren't RPOs so perhaps something else has come up in the past week. A lot of nasty people around, some threats perhaps.
Old 04-19-2017, 01:31 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
"After a loved-up Easter weekend with boyfriend Prince Harry Meghan Markle was spotted returning back to work in Toronto on Tuesday"

Meghan Markle heads back to work after Easter with Harry | Daily Mail Online
Let's be honest, the DM is mostly written trash talk . . . but their photos are the best, which explains why I click. Interestingly enough, there was a sidebar video advert on the right border with Meghan Markle for Reitmans! Go figure.
Old 04-19-2017, 01:53 AM
Majesty

I was up last night and some made for TV movie of hers was on. Other than reitmans, I had never really noticed her until Harry. I don't watch suits, and her commercials for reitmans were always on. Now I am getting TV movies and she has been guest judge on chopped junior.

The DM has certain opinions if every Royal and they will never change. They make sure to twist any story to fit that opinion. All young royals, the Cambridges, Harry, the Yorks, all become victims to it.

Reading the comments is sad and pathetic. Sad because there are so many readers who take the DM as biblical truth and are blind sheep. They can't seem to think for themselves.
Old 04-19-2017, 02:11 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm not sure that half of the DM commenters believe what they're saying, to tell the truth. I think most just enjoy the experience of having a go at people who have more money, a better lifestyle, etc, but can't answer them back. It's just a way of venting spite. It used to be done down the pub, via a letter to a newspaper or over the neighbours' fence. Now there's a much larger arena.
Old 04-19-2017, 02:19 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
To be frank, I've seen the Hallmark movies she was the leading lady in and her name or who she was never really clicked with me at all. I've seen several episodes of Suits prior to her dating Harry and still, to this day, couldn't name the actors and actresses that play in that series. There was a mention in a post earlier about Malcolm Jamal Warner whose name I did recognize as he played Theo Huxtable in Bill Cosby's family show. Odd how some things stick with you and others don't eh?

One thing that is a given though is that Meghan has made serious inroads in her career as a professional actress and has found fulfilling work in other ventures that she took on. She is, by no means, someone that has no substance to her character nor is she among the classification of women that are always on the lookout for men that will boost their self esteem along with their bank accounts. Meghan Markle is the real deal and as I also believe that Harry is the real deal, these two people are meeting on equal ground and should they become a permanent team, watch out world!!
Old 04-19-2017, 02:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

But she doesnt' have to put up with much from him because it is a long distance relationship. Its not any preparation for real life marriage. and I'd thought of H as having outgrown his early bratty ways and become a good natured young man who if he's not too bright, is a kindly decent chap.
Old 04-19-2017, 02:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Well, as far as I can see Harry IS a kindly and decent chap, albeit one who has gone through some trauma in the past because of unresolved issues. Meghan wouldn't be oblivious to this. They can talk things over, Skype, phone each other, write and she has lived with him for several months. Meghan doesn't strike me as a callous or superficial woman, and I'm sure she is as helpful and supportive as she can be to Harry. He, after all, has said that he is in a good place right now.
Old 04-19-2017, 02:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

I've watched some of Suits and the writers don't give her character much of anything, but it's not a show that catches my interest at all.

I wish her all the best in a very difficult profession.

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-19-2017, 02:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
To be frank, I've seen the Hallmark movies she was the leading lady in and her name or who she was never really clicked with me at all. I've seen several episodes of Suits prior to her dating Harry and still, to this day, couldn't name the actors and actresses that play in that series. There was a mention in a post earlier about Malcolm Jamal Warner whose name I did recognize as he played Theo Huxtable in Bill Cosby's family show. Odd how some things stick with you and others don't eh?

Most of the cast of Suits haven't had really successful careers outside of Suits. Of the 6 main stars, the only one who had an established career going into the first episode was Gina Torres, and while she's had a lot of small roles in her career, unless you're a Joss Whedon or Sami Rami fan, she's not even more than a "where do I recognize her from" actress. There tends to be more name recognition amongst the reoccurring characters... but even then it's still more of a "where do I recognize him/her from" than a "oh wow, so and so is in this!"
Old 04-19-2017, 04:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
Most of the cast of Suits haven't had really successful careers outside of Suits. Of the 6 main stars, the only one who had an established career going into the first episode was Gina Torres, and while she's had a lot of small roles in her career, unless you're a Joss Whedon or Sami Rami fan, she's not even more than a "where do I recognize her from" actress. There tends to be more name recognition amongst the reoccurring characters... but even then it's still more of a "where do I recognize him/her from" than a "oh wow, so and so is in this!"

As a Joss Whedon fan, I'm jealous Meghan got to work with the incomparable Gina Torres!
Old 04-19-2017, 04:41 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
As a Joss Whedon fan, I'm jealous Meghan got to work with the incomparable Gina Torres!
I know right! Gina Torres is something else and her husband actor, Laurence Fishburne, will blow your mind with his talent. Along with Malcolm-Jamal Warner, Meghan is working in brilliant company.

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-19-2017, 09:35 AM
Majesty

If you believe the predictions with ASPARAGUS then Prince Harry will marry this November!

Prince Harry will marry in November, predicts Asparamancer | Daily Mail Online
Old 04-19-2017, 10:18 AM
Serene Highness

Prince Harry’s Girlfriend Meghan Markle 'Has Very Much Been Accepted' Into the Royal Family

Prince Harry’s Love Meghan Markle 'Accepted' By Royal Family - Us Weekly
Old 04-19-2017, 10:59 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
If you believe the predictions with ASPARAGUS then Prince Harry will marry this November!

Prince Harry will marry in November, predicts Asparamancer | Daily Mail Online
Well, i must admit that telling the future with the help of asparagus was a new thing...

But I wouldn't be surprised if there is a royal wedding this fall or winter: Eugenie and Jack. I would put my money on a wedding next spring (april or may, perhaps) for Harry and Meghan. I know they've only been dating for a year now, but they seem very serious about this. And even if it's a boring fact: Meghan will be 36 this summer, 37 next summer. If they want a large family there is no reason for them to wait several years to get married.
Old 04-19-2017, 11:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes, even for only two children, best to get a move on. I could see a wedding next Spring too.
Old 04-19-2017, 05:23 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by duchessrachel View Post
I am an American and let me tell you, you are correct about how hysterical the US tabloid media will be.
I don't know about that. I certainly expect lots of coverage but I don't see the more popular US tabloids/magazines (People, US Weekly) going as far as The Daily Mail or The Sun. I'd say at least 80% of the US stories will be inoffensive fluff pieces whereas the UK tabs will use it as a opportunity to be even more intrusive. The DM already hired a genealogist to look into Meghan's slave ancestry, juxtaposing it against Harry's royal lineage. I fully expect more of those kind of stories.