Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2017, 11:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

Yes, Harry is with Meghan in Toronto.

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-16-2017, 11:22 AM
Heir Apparent

If Harry marries Meghan, she will be given a coat of arms and her family tree will be researched for generations. Just a fact.

Another fact is Britain can be a snobby place. It's a lot better in 2017 than it was even 30 years ago.

So suggesting Meghan will possibly run into some nasty people I don't think is a stretch.

Catherine went to Marlborough College and comes from a wealthy Home Counties family and she experienced it.

Old 04-16-2017, 11:29 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
If Harry marries Meghan, she will be given a coat of arms and her family tree will be researched for generations. Just a fact.

Another fact is Britain can be a snobby place. It's a lot better in 2017 than it was even 30 years ago.

So suggesting Meghan will possibly run into some nasty people I don't think is a stretch.

Catherine went to Marlborough College and comes from a wealthy Home Counties family and she experienced it.
There will be a small number of voices that whispers ithe snobbery. But again, if she marries Harry, she outranks those voices instantly. They'll go away just like they have for Kate. Will they be there? Sure. Will they matter? No.
Old 04-16-2017, 11:54 AM
Nobility

That picture pretty much looked like Harry to me, or they've hired his double to act like Harry to visit Meghan. I don't get why though. Harry clearly stated that he and Meghan are dating, it shouldn't come as a surprise that he'd visit her on his free time.
Old 04-16-2017, 11:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Don't pick at each other guys, or the thread will be closed.

I'm starting to think an engagement at the end of 2017 with a spring wedding in '18

I still think it's too fast but I suppose other factors are at play, like starting a family.
Old 04-16-2017, 11:59 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Don't pick at each other guys, or the thread will be closed.

I'm starting to think an engagement at the end of 2017 with a spring wedding in '18

I still think it's too fast but I suppose other factors are at play, like starting a family.
Not really picking apart each other. Just picking apart theories that have so many holes in them to begin with.

I think they are getting serious (duh!) but I don't think marriage will happen that fast. I think the timing of the Tig and the Reitman thing is so it doesn't all happen at the time engagement is announced and causes all kinds of distractions. Bottom line is, she is still in Suits and I just don't see an engagement announcement until season 7 finishes airing. Again, goes back to the distractions from the engagement and wedding itself.
Old 04-17-2017, 05:19 AM
Majesty

"Prince Harry's girlfriend Meghan Markle has requested time off from her hit TV show Suits in May, leaving her free to join him at Pippa Middleton's wedding, HELLO! can exclusively reveal. The American actress wants to take a week off between 15 and 22 May, which would allow her plenty of time to travel to the UK for the hotly-anticipated nuptials in Berkshire on 20 May."

Exclusive: Meghan Markle set to join Prince Harry at Pippa Middleton's wedding
Old 04-18-2017, 11:44 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

This thread has been cleaned up to remove overly-speculative and argumentative posts. Let's try and keep the discussion as factual/informed as possible.

Remember the guidelines set out on page 243 when posting.
Old 04-18-2017, 11:49 AM
Heir Apparent

If it's true that Meghan only plans to attend the reception, will we even know about it?

I doubt the press will have access to the venue, even if there is limited access to the church.
Old 04-18-2017, 11:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

Well, if I was her or them, I would not attend. The speculation on when an engagement will be announced, will only intensify from then on. And what is one wedding? As far as we know, Pippa and Harry are not close friends.
Old 04-18-2017, 11:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

The best the press can hope for would be a drive by in the car shot. It would be hard to prove or disprove anyone's attendance if they are not pictured at the church or driving through the gates of the Middletons' house. It's quite possible buses could be used to ferry the guests around so that will make it harder to see who are on the buses.
Old 04-18-2017, 12:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
Well, if I was her or them, I would not attend. The speculation on when an engagement will be announced, will only intensify from then on.

But perhaps that is what is intended?

It would send a message, I think. Sort of a preemptive strike before announcing the engagement?
Old 04-18-2017, 12:12 PM
Nobility

There's engagement speculation regardless, so I'd attend. Wedding receptions are fun, and if Meghan gets time off work, it'll be a nice break with Harry.
Old 04-18-2017, 12:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

I don't know how this turned around from how nice it would be for Meghan to be invited as Harry's girlfriend, to she can only attend the mysterious the wedding after party. It's a lot of over thinking going on.

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-18-2017, 01:02 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
Well, if I was her or them, I would not attend. The speculation on when an engagement will be announced, will only intensify from then on. And what is one wedding? As far as we know, Pippa and Harry are not close friends.
Harry took Chelsea to his cousin's wedding where HM was present and we know how that turned out. Attendance at a wedding is hardly indicative of an engagement.
Old 04-18-2017, 01:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
But perhaps that is what is intended? It would send a message, I think. Sort of a preemptive strike before announcing the engagement?
I agree. I can see the intention is for Meghan to be seen as 'the one' and taken seriously by the press and the public. I am stunned at the rapidity: five months in there was the announcement of gf status, and now at ten months a family wedding, with blogs closed and lucrative endorsements cancelled. The trajectory seems pretty clear.

I wish Meghan well and I trust she will make the right decision for herself. Marriage with Harry will not be a piece of cake (IMHO) but she's a mature woman. I have been heartened by the news that Harry was willing to share, that he has engaged counseling, even recently, but I finally listened to the interview he gave. I'm keyed to the sound of a voice. He's got a lot going on there. I wish him well. Meghan may be the ballast he needs. My concern will always be for Meghan but the good thing is she will enter the marriage (if it goes that far) as someone with her own life and resources. She should be okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanyT View Post
Harry took Chelsea to his cousin's wedding where HM was present and we know how that turned out. Attendance at a wedding is hardly indicative of an engagement.
Good point. But also keep in mind that Harry was in love with Chelsy and rumor has it he did pop the question to her. Harry was serious. Chelsy it was who demurred. So I think we can assume Harry is serious in this case, too. Think maybe he was convincing her over the Easter visit?
Old 04-18-2017, 01:51 PM
Majesty

They aren't at the altar yet...the old saying many a slip between lip and cup...hopefully they can remain hidden enough when together that they can actually spend enough time together to make sure if it's what they want.

I find it quite amusing that they are able to fly below radar as much as they have been. Take that media!

LaRae
Old 04-18-2017, 02:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
They aren't at the altar yet...the old saying many a slip between lip and cup...hopefully they can remain hidden enough when together that they can actually spend enough time together to make sure if it's what they want.
Exactly so. Well put.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I find it quite amusing that they are able to fly below radar as much as they have been. Take that media! LaRae
The media is being invited. Think about it, we could be at a far more discreet level now except for the November announcement and now this. So it's all by choice.
Old 04-18-2017, 02:32 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post

The media is being invited. Think about it, we could be at a far more discreet level now except for the November announcement and now this. So it's all by choice.
There was a lot of gossip going around about Meghan, when Harry made his announcement. It wasn't as hidden as it was before. I'm thinking the way Harry and Meghan has been going about this, has been very mature and thought out. I'm also thinking, that Meghan wouldn't want to be a hidden secret, and Harry wanted to 'claim' her.

I wouldn't think much about Meghan attending weddings as Harry's plus one, that isn't any sign of their own commitment. It's the fact, that Meghan is closing down serious income sources. I highly doubt she'd be doing that for mere hope, without sure engagement in the horizon. I could be totally wrong, though.
Old 04-18-2017, 02:39 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
There was a lot of gossip going around about Meghan, when Harry made his announcement. It wasn't as hidden as it was before. I'm thinking the way Harry and Meghan has been going about this, has been very mature and thought out. I'm also thinking, that Meghan wouldn't want to be a hidden secret, and Harry wanted to 'claim' her.

I wouldn't think much about Meghan attending weddings as Harry's plus one, that isn't any sign of their own commitment. It's the fact, that Meghan is closing down serious income sources. I highly doubt she'd be doing that for mere hope, without sure engagement in the horizon. I could be totally wrong, though.
I don't think Meghan would assume she's a hidden secret even if there was no formal announcement. It simply wasn't done. Chelsy and Cressida weren't hidden secrets once the paparazzi caught pictures of Harry and his girlfriend at the time. We all knew, it was just something that Kensington Palace didn't comment on because it's his personal life. Kate was never confirmed as a girlfriend, but we all knew. And she obviously went on to marry William.

But absolutely agree on shutting down Tig and Reitman. Tig was one thing because it's income are relatively small compared to spokeswoman role and whatever she wrote was being misrepresented by the tabloid. Then came the Reitman deal, there is no coincidence here. The only way to explain this without them talking seriously about marriage is if she signed a much more lucrative deal soon and Reitman's deal falling through was result of that. However, if I were a gambler, I wouldn't bet on the chances of that.