The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2017, 03:34 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
How do we know how many security officers there are ? And I didn't think we knew 100% that it was Harry.
Yes, it was Harry.

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-15-2017, 03:38 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I'm really leaning towards that if there is to be a wedding, it will be a wedding that both Harry and Meghan agree on as to what they want. They are under no obligation to put on a dog and pony show for the public on a grand scale such as William and Kate's was. Edward and Sophie's wedding was lower key than Andrew's and its been stated that Ed and Sophie did not want the wedding televised but it was due to public interest. Edward was also a son of the monarch so I think that played a part in it too.

IIf and when these two people marry, I get the feeling that their priority is going to lie more on the marriage than the wedding itself. Of course, I could be totally way off base and totally wrong.
If she's been divorced it is likely that they would have to go for a civil wedding with a blessing. But the reason that the Edward and Sophie weddig was quieter was that at the time the RF had been in a downturn PR wise and they were clearly opting for a simpler wedding than might have been the case had there not been the various problems of the 90s, the Windsor fire, the Diana's death etc. Harry is the second son of the future kIng, he will have to have a publicised wedding..

Old 04-15-2017, 03:46 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Have to disagree with you on this one. Good pictures of these two together are worth $$$$. Maybe not from locals but paps from round the world are currently honing in.

William and Catherine didn't get hassled as a couple but that was after they married and the Anglesey locals didn't bother them.
Yes, I agree with you. It's the hunt and the chase for paps right now. If and when Harry and Meghan marry and are seen together on a regular basis, at least some of the OTT media frenzy should begin to die down a bit.

There are obvious factors which make this slightly different for Meghan & Harry too (M&H met each other in their early 30s while Will & Kate developed their relationship over a number of years due partly to having met in college; Meghan is American, previously married, an actress with a unique background & she possesses a glamorous laid-back style; Harry is the second son and currently 5th in line to the throne -- despite being extremely popular with the public, he won't have the same responsibilities as William).
Old 04-15-2017, 03:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Yes, it was Harry.

Who said it was I haven't seen anything besides the DM
Old 04-15-2017, 03:52 AM
Super Moderator

Please note that several posts have been edited to remove referencing the popularity of Diana, Princess of Wales and her affect on the Monarchy. Let's keep the focus in this thread on Harry and Meghan if we have to discuss weddings already. Thanks!
Old 04-15-2017, 04:02 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
If you look at the pictures, you can see it's him. I do t know how long he stayed with Meghan, but it's him. They visit each other very often. It's how they maintain a long distant relationship.

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-15-2017, 04:18 AM
Nobility

Quote:
How do we know how many security officers there are ? And I didn't think we knew 100% that it was Harry.
I think the betting line on whether or not it's Harry would be better than a sure thing! I'd definitely place huge sums on it.

Although if you really don't want the guy in the pics to be Harry, continue on doubting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
I doubt if he's going to pay bills if his father is largely supporting him..
Of course Harry doesn't have to worry about money. He gets money from Prince Charles, but both William and Harry also inherited a substantial amount of money from their mother too.

I agree with @Curryong and others re the fact that Harry, Will and other royals need to be able to live their lives and not have to stay sequestered inside palace walls. Their position comes with the need for security measures. No one wants a repeat of what happened to Diana!
Old 04-15-2017, 04:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
If you look at the pictures, you can see it's him. I do t know how long he stayed with Meghan, but it's him. They visit each other very often. It's how they maintain a long distant relationship.

Very grainy photos and still don't know how we know he had 7 security personnel. ???
Old 04-15-2017, 05:45 AM
Courtier

This is one long distance relationship with serious two way travel! Both sides (and ok - isn't it great that they can afford it!!) making the effort to be together whenever possible.

I think it has been mentioned previously on this thread that Harry will be spending more time in Canada this summer due to the Invictus Games being hosted there this year?

Also mooted was the suggestion that Meghan wants to set up her own charity (newspaper article only peeps! !), but if true, something of her own rather than taken on as a royal sponsorship further down the line?

Prince Harry spends Easter with Meghan Markle as it's revealed she wants to start her own charity - Mirror Online
Old 04-15-2017, 07:25 AM
Majesty

Quote:
its not the same. they are elected officials, they have doen SOMETHING to earn their privilege, even if it is only to win an election.. whereas the RF have not. And since Harry's father is immensely wealthy, he should shoulder some of the security costs IMO or tell Harry to stay home..
The RF do not choose for them to have security, the government o the day does. Security cannot be used as an excuse to cage members of the BRF.

As to whether the RF have done something to earn their privileges, if we want to get rid of them, we just need 51% of the voting population to vote them outin a referendum. Fact is, most of us are quite happy with the BRF and do not want to change the system. So lets not nit pick about things.
Old 04-15-2017, 08:22 AM
Majesty

"Meghan Markle, 35, Prince Harry’s girlfriend, is getting close to one of the most famous families in the world. But who are the Suits actor’s parents?"

Meghan Markle parents - Who are Prince Harry’s Suit actress girlfriend’s family? | Life | Life & Style | Express.co.uk
Old 04-15-2017, 11:10 AM
Majesty

Quote:
If she's been divorced it is likely that they would have to go for a civil wedding with a blessing. But the reason that the Edward and Sophie weddig was quieter was that at the time the RF had been in a downturn PR wise and they were clearly opting for a simpler wedding than might have been the case had there not been the various problems of the 90s, the Windsor fire, the Diana's death etc. Harry is the second son of the future kIng, he will have to have a publicised wedding..
No it's not likely. The Church of England allows divorcees to marry with permission. That permission is not likely to be denied. Anne got remarried in the church after all. Charles was the future head of the church marrying a woman who helped break up his first marriage. Harry and Meghan are not comparable.
Old 04-15-2017, 11:26 AM
Majesty

I thought Anne remarried in the Church of Scotland?

LaRae
Old 04-15-2017, 11:30 AM
Majesty

Quote:

The one pic...if that wasn't Harry he was a double for him.

LaRae
Old 04-15-2017, 12:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Had Anne, Andrew and Edward been young and married today, they wouldn't (whether it had been for the crises in the 90s or not) have had a big Abbey Wedding with a carriage procession to and from the palace followed by balcony appearance. (And they are children of the monarch)

And as I said in the post 5031, the monarchy is as popular as ever with record high support in several polls since 2002, some of over 80%, but we live in a different era with a more critical press than we did in the 60s, 70s, 80s and even the 90s.

William had (when he was at height of his popularity) a scaled-down wedding in comparison with the Abbey weddings in the 70s and 80s, and there were still complaining from media and other people about the costs etc. (He was not a child of the monarch, but as the eldest son of the heir, he was more important than Anne/Andrew)

And as I've said in previous posts, Harry will have a large televised wedding, but it won't be on the scale of William's.
Old 04-15-2017, 01:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I thought Anne remarried in the Church of Scotland?

LaRae
She did...
Old 04-15-2017, 01:35 PM
Majesty

I should think there will be government input into any proposed royal weddings. With said government frantically promoting the UK post Brexit they could push for a wedding with more pomp and circumstance than either Harry or his lady would prefer. Smaller than William's of course however, they would have to pay the piper so to speak.
Old 04-15-2017, 03:06 PM
Majesty

Quote:
She did...

Ok wasn't sure why it (Anne's second marriage) was brought up then...since it's not the CoE...unless Church of Scotland means something else?

LaRae
Old 04-15-2017, 03:35 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Ok wasn't sure why it (Anne's second marriage) was brought up then...since it's not the CoE...unless Church of Scotland means something else?

LaRae
Church of Scotland allows divorcees to marry

Church of England doesnt do that automatically. Charles was not the issue re marrying in church, it was Camilla because she was a divorcee.

I think it will be same as Charles - civil wedding and blessing.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 04-15-2017, 03:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

The c of E has always permitted private judgement, but it is up to the individual clergyman/woman to decide what he or she thinks is right.