The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2017, 04:17 AM
Courtier

Meghan was already in the public eye before her relaationship with Harry to a certain degree, due to her acting career and activist work, she gave a speech at the UN Women's Conference back in 2015.

So, being in the public eye is not a completely new departure for her.

Of course being a senior member of the UK RF will bring it's challenges, but it will to who ever Harry marries! It's not an impossible role!

Harry acknowledged that a few years back when he said referring to a future wife something like "...more about finding someone who will take on the job" so is very aware of the challenges that lie ahead for both his bride and both of them as a couple.

Old 04-13-2017, 07:43 AM
Super Moderator

Indeed, it's an unfair argument to suggest that no one in their right mind would marry into the royal family - if that is the case are we therefore consigning Harry to a life of bachelorhood or suggesting he should not get married?!

Old 04-13-2017, 08:37 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Sometimes its hard to find the right one that will fit not only into a loving, stable relationship but also have the "right stuff" that makes a transition to a royal life in a fishbowl something that is not only pleasurable but have the fins strong enough to swim with the flow.

I hope that Harry has found this. Meghan may look at the royal life of charity works and standing up for issues like mental health and cackle with glee as that is something she is already doing. She may look at Harry's life of being constantly in the limelight and the focus of the media and not go screaming into the deep, dark of night because she's already experienced the public interest stage through her career. Perhaps she will not be daunted at the prospect of having to put on a "happy game face" even when she's feeling miserable with a headache because she's been schooled and has experience in presenting a character that she isn't through a successful acting career.

There are a lot of indications of just why Meghan may be perfectly suited to walk hand in hand through life with Harry. If its to be, then I'm happy Harry has found someone to be by his side in *all* things. Just as Camilla brings out the best in Charles in every way as a consort, and Kate brings out the best in William as a consort, I can only hope for the same for Harry.
Old 04-13-2017, 10:58 AM
Majesty

I'd say Meghan is fully aware of what happens to the wives who marry into the BRF. She's got plenty of history to study just the last 30 to 40 years. She's not a young girl with no idea about how the world works. She grew up being around actors/film sets also, I'm sure she's seen a lot.

LaRae
Old 04-13-2017, 02:14 PM
Nobility

Harry is in Toronto according to Enews. Prince Harry Secretly Visits Meghan Markle Ahead of Easter | E! News
Old 04-13-2017, 02:30 PM
Majesty

Why doesn't this surprise me one bit should it actually be true? I just wish he could have gone to Toronto without anyone knowing about it and had a quiet holiday in his new home away from home.
Old 04-13-2017, 02:36 PM
Nobility

I had a hunch he would end up in Toronto since he did not have any engagements. At this point I think they should know that the paps will be on the look out for them.
Old 04-13-2017, 02:40 PM
Majesty

He's certainly racking up the frequent flyer miles
Old 04-13-2017, 02:40 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
If Meghan had the faintest idea of what marriage would be like in the goldfish bowl of being a royal in the UK with her freedom severely curtailed. And criticism of her every move. I am sure she would win the 100 yard dash back in to the real world.
Meghan is a woman in her mid 30s. You honestly believe she hasn't given thought to what her life would be like if she were to marry into the BRF? You don't think her and Harry talked about how much her life would change, even before their relationship became public? The way Harry has talked about his private life in these last few year leaves no doubt in my mind that he's very open and honest with Meghan about the challenges she would face, even just being a royal girlfriend.

Obviously, the attention and criticism she would receive as a member of the royal family is on a level she's never experienced. But the fact that she already knows what it's like to be judged and criticized would prove advantageous, certainly more so than a woman who has little to no experience with the public or media.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowVera View Post
So if we assume that this is Harry and that Meghan is still filming this week, what do you think Harry is up to while she's working?? What are the odds that he would actually show up on set? I'm not sure that he ever would but if he did, I'd think that would be almost impossible to keep secret. With so many employees/people around, someone would leak it, yeah?
Old 04-13-2017, 02:54 PM
Majesty

The one photo sure does look like Harry to me. Not a surprise that he's visiting her though.

I hear folks in Toronto are pretty casual about famous folks perhaps he can get out a bit while she's working (unless she's already off for a few days) and folks will ignore him.

LaRae
Old 04-13-2017, 02:55 PM
Majesty

Oh I would have loved to be a fly on the wall and listen to Harry tell Meghan stories about life in the royal fishbowl. With Harry's sense of humor, you have to think that he'd have Meghan in stitches laughing but all the while hitting home the straight facts of the problems that being a member of the royal family can bring.

She already knows a bit about the limelight that surrounds celebrity and has dealt with that so even with the intense scrutiny of the press and the public should she become Harry's wife, I think she would take to it like a duck to water. Royal duties and charity works are a big part of the daily life of a British royal and once again, I think Meghan would fill that position nicely and think both Harry and Meghan together working on a cause will be dynamite.

They've constantly tried to keep their private life private and hopefully that will become the norm for them in their "off" hours and days. If this couple do make it to the altar, I think we're in for watching a pretty well put together team that support, love and understand each other very well.
Old 04-13-2017, 04:00 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbigail View Post
So if we assume that this is Harry and that Meghan is still filming this week, what do you think Harry is up to while she's working?? What are the odds that he would actually show up on set? I'm not sure that he ever would but if he did, I'd think that would be almost impossible to keep secret. With so many employees/people around, someone would leak it, yeah?
Well he did vist MM the last time she was filming so I'm sure he is familiar with her place and Toronto. Plus I'm sure he has his own plans regarding Invictus.
Old 04-13-2017, 04:22 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowVera View Post
Well he did vist MM the last time she was filming so I'm sure he is familiar with her place and Toronto. Plus I'm sure he has his own plans regarding Invictus.
Well yes, I'm sure he could find some things to do. My question was more so a rhetorical one, as I was a lot more interested in the idea of whether or not he would visit her on set.
Old 04-13-2017, 05:10 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Well yes, I'm sure he could find some things to do. My question was more so a rhetorical one, as I was a lot more interested in the idea of whether or not he would visit her on set.
I would'nt put anything past them, I'm sure if he wants to visit the set he'll find a way to do it without any fanfare. There was a rumor that he had dinner with Gina Torres and her husband Lawrence Fishburn which I thought was untrue because Gina had left the show but given that she did actually return to the show for a few scenes that could be true. So who knows maybe Harry has visited the set and met with other co workers.
Save
Old 04-13-2017, 05:41 PM
Majesty

What would be a real hoot is if Harry, while hanging around the set watching the filming, was able to do a very low profile "cameo" appearance such as a guy in the bar, worker in the office background or somewhere where you don't normally really pay attention to the people on the screen.

If Beatrice could have a small "cameo" appearance in Young Victoria, Harry wouldn't be half bad himself in one.
Old 04-13-2017, 06:12 PM
Heir Apparent

He could be like Alfred Hitchcock, who would pop up in crowd scenes in his films.
Seriously though, I'm very happy if Harry is there that he's getting to spend Easter with Meghan. They may share an Easter egg or even a hot X bun together, who knows! I don't think he'll be staying past Easter Monday though.

Those photos look very grainy. Were they taken by a professional photographer? I do wish Harry would stop the cloak and dagger stuff though. The whole world knows that he and Meghan are in a relationship. It may be necessary for security reasons to keep quiet about flights there and back of course, but Toronto is by all accounts a very laid back sort of place. They wouldn't get hassled if they took a walk together, or went to the cinema or to a cafe for brunch.
Old 04-13-2017, 08:02 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
He could be like Alfred Hitchcock, who would pop up in crowd scenes in his films.
Seriously though, I'm very happy if Harry is there that he's getting to spend Easter with Meghan. They may share an Easter egg or even a hot X bun together, who knows! I don't think he'll be staying past Easter Monday though.

Those photos look very grainy. Were they taken by a professional photographer? I do wish Harry would stop the cloak and dagger stuff though. The whole world knows that he and Meghan are in a relationship. It may be necessary for security reasons to keep quiet about flights there and back of course, but Toronto is by all accounts a very laid back sort of place. They wouldn't get hassled if they took a walk together, or went to the cinema or to a cafe for brunch.
Have to disagree with you on this one. Good pictures of these two together are worth $$$$. Maybe not from locals but paps from round the world are currently honing in.

William and Catherine didn't get hassled as a couple but that was after they married and the Anglesey locals didn't bother them.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 04-13-2017, 08:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

I guess it is him by just putting 2 and 2 together but I couldn't say for certain by that photo.
Old 04-13-2017, 08:26 PM
Majesty

That's lovely to see, Harry going to her because of her obligations. Theoretically, to those who question what Meghan would get out of a royal marriage . . . well, she wouldn't have to work the heavy filming schedules involved in a TV series and she would be able to continue and expand her charity work. Win, win both for her and the BRF.

I was amused at the "gasp . . . seven RPO's" with him and what it is costing the "British taxpayer". Question: they are almost certainly, positive that it is him. So okay, they are leaving room for error. So, where did the exact number of RPO's come from? No, that they are certain of. Odd!

If the number is true, it would seem that security has stepped up but that being said, do they expect two officers to work 24 hours a day for 5 days straight? It would be the same if he stayed home except for the travel and accommodation which, I am assuming he is subbing.
Old 04-13-2017, 09:46 PM
Nobility

Quote:
If she worked at all since he got there (which is not guaranteed because shooting schedules don't require her on set every day), it would have only been today. Tomorrow is a statutory holiday in Canada.