The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2017, 03:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

There have been rumours of them seeing each other in other places overseas besides Toronto as well as the recent wedding they both went to.

The BRF relies for its very existence on good PR and the media controls that PR. These days there are as many negative stories as positive ones and they do need to be careful to ensure that the stories are more positive than negative and so need to look at ways to reduce the negative stories before what seems no big deal today becomes a massive issue in the future.

Old 04-14-2017, 03:51 AM
Courtier

Eh. If Harry is making another trip to Toronto in the next two weeks or so, I think you may have a point. But trying to turn this into a negative or controversy right now just seems like a reach to me.

Old 04-14-2017, 09:34 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
There have been rumours of them seeing each other in other places overseas besides Toronto as well as the recent wedding they both went to.

The BRF relies for its very existence on good PR and the media controls that PR. These days there are as many negative stories as positive ones and they do need to be careful to ensure that the stories are more positive than negative and so need to look at ways to reduce the negative stories before what seems no big deal today becomes a massive issue in the future.
IMO, criticising royals for travelling in their own time on account of the cost of security just demonstrates a lack of understanding of how these things work. The decision of whom gets what level of security is decided by the Home Office, not BP / KP. If the Home Office decides a certain level of cover is to be provided, then so be it. You cannot imprison royals in their Palaces to reduce costs. They can, and should, continue to pursue their private interests in their own time.

By that same argument, should Theresa May have gone on a walking holiday in Wales earlier this month or in Switzerland last summer? Should she not have walked around Chequers instead? Should Trump not be allowed to go to Florida most weekends because of the costs of his security?
Old 04-14-2017, 10:05 AM
Heir Apparent

its not the same. they are elected officials, they have doen SOMETHING to earn their privilege, even if it is only to win an election.. whereas the RF have not. And since Harry's father is immensely wealthy, he should shoulder some of the security costs IMO or tell Harry to stay home..
Old 04-14-2017, 10:11 AM
Majesty

How do we know Harry doesn't pay some of the bills himself, anyway?
Old 04-14-2017, 10:57 AM
Heir Apparent

I doubt if he's going to pay bills if his father is largely supporting him..
Old 04-14-2017, 11:07 AM
Serene Highness

Yay, this thread is open again!!!

Nice to see lots of activity in the Harry/Meghan front, and him making a trip to visit her. Meghan having to close the Tig was inevitable, IMO, but I'm surprised it happened this fast. That's one reason I like seeing Harry go to visit her for a change, so not all the effort and sacrifices (for the lack of a better word) are done by her. He seems willing and ready to meet half way, and do the legwork for their relationship too.

I'm making a prediction, that they'll get engaged by the end of this year, or very early in the next year.
Old 04-14-2017, 11:13 AM
Majesty

I think you may well be correct!
Old 04-14-2017, 12:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

I still don't see an engagement announcement until Suits ends.

The season finale seems to be start of March the last few years.

A mid March announcement and a wedding in the summer seems likely
Old 04-14-2017, 12:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

Rumor has it this is the last season of Suits ...even if not true, she doesn't have to keep working in the show if she wants to move on to other things.

LaRae
Old 04-14-2017, 12:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Rumor has it this is the last season of Suits ...even if not true, she doesn't have to keep working in the show if she wants to move on to other things.

LaRae
Yes, that is why I said end of season, listing March as the season finale.

I don't think Harry and Meghan are immune to the fact that her tv show causes reservations for some. Having a public engagement when her show is still airing seems unlikely. They may get engaged earlier but I don't see an announcement prior to the season finale aired.
Old 04-14-2017, 01:11 PM
Nobility

Suits is usually filmed in 2 parts. Last year, the mid-season finale was in mid-September. Depending on if Meghan stays for the full season or not, she could be finished being seen on Suits in September 2017 or March 2018.
They haven't announced if the network has renewed the show for season 8 as yet.
Old 04-14-2017, 02:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Yes, that is why I said end of season, listing March as the season finale.

I don't think Harry and Meghan are immune to the fact that her tv show causes reservations for some. Having a public engagement when her show is still airing seems unlikely. They may get engaged earlier but I don't see an announcement prior to the season finale aired.

Honestly I would be surprised if an engagement was announced before fall/winter. No idea how the season runs on the show since I've never seen it.

LaRae
Old 04-14-2017, 04:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
One thing I've read several times is that no matter where a royal goes, they are provided with around the clock RPOs. Their paychecks are doled out from the Metropolitan Police. When a royal travels on their own such as Harry flying to Toronto for a few days, their hotel bills and expenses are met by the royal themselves. The paycheck side of things is what the taxpayer's float. The luxurious hotels, they don't. For official engagements and foreign tours, this part falls under the category where HM, The Queen kicks in and pays for.

Being a RPO has its ups and down I think. You get to travel the world and stay in very nice lodgings and have respectable down times but for a married RPO with a family, it has the drawbacks such as this trip to Toronto possibly being over the Easter holiday. Like everything else in this world, there's balance. A good side and a bad side.

This is how I understand it to be anyways. Please correct me if I'm wrong here.

On another note regarding an engagement. When they get engaged and when it is announced is two horses of different colors. They could already be engaged and have the intention to marry but before any announcements are made, there's a lot of work and plans behind the scenes that happens first. We know that once the announcement is made, the wedding usually is within a short time afterwards. (W&K announced their intent to marry in Nov. 2010 and married in April 2011). H&M wouldn't announce an engagement tomorrow with the side note that the wedding won't be until 2019 or similar.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 04-14-2017, 04:28 PM
Aristocracy

I think he has already asked Meghan to marry him. Just a feeling I have. I think a formal engagement announcement will come this summer, with a wedding between November 2017 and January 2018. I think they're a great couple.
Old 04-14-2017, 04:36 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emme View Post
I think he has already asked Meghan to marry him. Just a feeling I have. I think a formal engagement announcement will come this summer, with a wedding between November 2017 and January 2018. I think they're a great couple.
Wow - a winter wedding, seems a bit early to me. Even though Harry is now 5th in the line of succession, there'll be massive interest and crowds will turn out for his wedding to whomever he marries for that reason it'd be easier if his wedding is held in better weather, IMO.
I've always hoped that Princess Eugenie would marry in winter (preferably w/ snow) as I think she'd make a beautiful winter bride.
Old 04-14-2017, 04:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

It is very possible also that when the engagement announcement is made, there will be also an announcement that Harry and Meghan prefer to have a small, intimate wedding without a lot of fuss and fanfare. As much as Harry and Meghan have closely guarded their privacy during the relationship. its not too far fetched to think that they'll also apply this to their wedding plans.

Maybe something along the lines of Anne's second wedding. We see to the church and coming out of the church but nothing of the ceremony and the reception as they'll be kept private.
No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

Old 04-14-2017, 05:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Harry's future wedding will be done in the manner in which his bride-to-be see fit. With all the palace officials and designers at her disposal, she'll put on the wedding of her dreams. Of course with some input of Harry.

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-14-2017, 05:32 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
It is very possible also that when the engagement announcement is made, there will be also an announcement that Harry and Meghan prefer to have a small, intimate wedding without a lot of fuss and fanfare. As much as Harry and Meghan have closely guarded their privacy during the relationship. its not too far fetched to think that they'll also apply this to their wedding plans.

Maybe something along the lines of Anne's second wedding. We see to the church and coming out of the church but nothing of the ceremony and the reception as they'll be kept private.
I think the chances of that happening are slim to none. This is the second son of the venerated Diana and the son of the future king. Fanfare is a given. Something on the scale of Edward and Sophie's wedding, maybe, but to expect the public to be satisfied with some pictures of them going in and out of a small church is not going to happen.

They're low-key and protective of their privacy because they have to be. W&K were the same in their dating days, it's what's expected. If they were out flaunting themselves for the paps every day the naysayers would have a field day.
Old 04-14-2017, 05:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

I'm really leaning towards that if there is to be a wedding, it will be a wedding that both Harry and Meghan agree on as to what they want. They are under no obligation to put on a dog and pony show for the public on a grand scale such as William and Kate's was. Edward and Sophie's wedding was lower key than Andrew's and its been stated that Ed and Sophie did not want the wedding televised but it was due to public interest. Edward was also a son of the monarch so I think that played a part in it too.

I just think its very possible that Harry and Meghan would prefer to go for something lower key than pulling out all the whistles and stops. Meghan has been married before and from that, seeing how her first wedding was, the full monty of church and gowns and flowers and tiaras and marching bands weren't a priority for her. Its also very possible that with this being Meghan's second marriage, we may even see them using the model that Charles and Camilla used with a civil ceremony and then a blessing service afterwards. I really don't know. I'm just surmising.

If and when these two people marry, I get the feeling that their priority is going to lie more on the marriage than the wedding itself. Of course, I could be totally way off base and totally wrong.

Closed Thread