The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2017, 06:20 PM
Courtier

I don't know anything about TV series filming schedules, but from what I've read filming can be pretty intense. The only schedule for Suits filming in 2017, that I found (a schedule of things being filmed in Toronto beginning and end dates) stated that it started filming 4/4 and will finish 11/15. Assuming this is true, then I would not expect much news or couple sightings on the Harry/Meghan front for several months.

Old 04-09-2017, 06:22 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
I am also on Team Royal Wedding. I think Meghan seems great but mostly I just want another excuse to nerd out over tiaras and titles and pop a nice bottle of champagne with my friends.
Oh that Team Royal Wedding sounds like so much fun! I'd have to travel very, very far to find anyone remotely interested in a royal wedding as I am. In fact, I know just the place. I'll go to Chicago to my sister's and we'll wear tiaras and drink champagne and comment very loudly and openly about all the spectacular outfits and who's who and.. and... and...

Old 04-09-2017, 07:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Oh that Team Royal Wedding sounds like so much fun! I'd have to travel very, very far to find anyone remotely interested in a royal wedding as I am. In fact, I know just the place. I'll go to Chicago to my sister's and we'll wear tiaras and drink champagne and comment very loudly and openly about all the spectacular outfits and who's who and.. and... and...
Wonderful ! It must be really fun... the comments on the outfits the most lovely part of the ceremony !!!!!
Old 04-09-2017, 10:55 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
I am also on Team Royal Wedding. I think Meghan seems great but mostly I just want another excuse to nerd out over tiaras and titles and pop a nice bottle of champagne with my friends.
I'll be going a step further; I'm planning to be in London for the wedding and celebrate there. With all the craziness going on in the world these days, a royal wedding will be a fun occasion for the majority of people to celebrate.
Old 04-10-2017, 02:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
There are multitudes of interviews and reports that are contrary to what you seem to believe about Harry preferring to be single and free.
Prince Harry opens up about fatherhood during Good Morning America interview with Robin Roberts | Daily Mail Online

These are just a few reliable sources and there are many, many more. Sometimes doing a little research helps.
as I've pointed out, he is not likely to say that he isn't all that keen to settle down and have a family. That is the sort of question he is bound to be asked at interviews, since the Press and public are mainly interested in his lovelife..
And he may like the idea of a family but IMO he's happy enough with a single life. He may - problaby will - get married in a few years, but I don't know if it will be to Meghan. I think the RF/Queen would be very dubious.. and he isn't likely to go against them
Old 04-10-2017, 02:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
as I've pointed out, he is not likely to say that he isn't all that keen to settle down and have a family. That is the sort of question he is bound to be asked at interviews, since the Press and public are mainly interested in his love life.

And he may like the idea of a family but IMO he's happy enough with a single life. He may - problaby will - get married in a few years, but I don't know if it will be to Meghan. I think the RF/Queen would be very dubious and he isn't likely to go against them
If you can discount what a person publicly says, and without knowing the person in any sense personally, claim contrary views to that public record (evidence), then you are setting up an idiosyncratic view of the person and their situation. Your views become personal beliefs, of which all of us have many I'm sure, but hopefully everyone knows the difference between our biases and hopes, and what we know in fact. Just saying.
Old 04-10-2017, 03:16 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
You seem as if you are doing some pearl-clutching @ Marg. I don't recall the exact wording, but I read about this several years ago in either a book about the British royals or in one of the publications that focus exclusively on reporting about European royalty (and I don't mean Daily Fail!) I did not see it as that big a deal to keep a refer back record of the source.
Since I have no pearls to clutch, I made do with borrowing my great-aunt's smelling salts!

It is good to remember that when you intimate that HM is acting in such an incredibly odd way, such as when you state that HM, Head of the Church of England and well known for her devout practice of her faith, has taken to giving advice to her family that directly contradicts her very raison dêtre, it is worth taking note of the source.

Quote:
As far as "living with each other," semantics, semantics... MM & PH have essentially been spending a lot of days and nights at Kensington Palace together, as well as vacationing together, no? I guess we shall soon find out whether or not Meghan moves to London after Suits wraps, and whether she will reside in a residence other than Harry's old or new living quarters at Kensington.
Well, unless the romance flames out before then, I guess we will.
Old 04-10-2017, 05:28 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
Charles was Harry's age when he married Diana. Not in his 20s.
Since Diana was a member of 'the club' of titles and lineage, no one thought that a long term courtship was needed since she wasn't considered an outsider.
Old 04-10-2017, 08:51 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
as I've pointed out, he is not likely to say that he isn't all that keen to settle down and have a family. That is the sort of question he is bound to be asked at interviews, since the Press and public are mainly interested in his lovelife..
And he may like the idea of a family but IMO he's happy enough with a single life. He may - problaby will - get married in a few years, but I don't know if it will be to Meghan. I think the RF/Queen would be very dubious.. and he isn't likely to go against them
I can see where Harry comes across as enjoying the life he has now. He is naturally a person that enjoys where he is in the moment and makes the best out of situations no matter what it is. He hams it up with kids, he gets down to the eye level when talking to a disabled veteran in a wheelchair. He is distinguishably solemn and proper laying one of the final boots at the Vimy Ridge memorial. He's also a very open person and when he says something, he's saying exactly what he means. He's consistent in his interviews about his hopes for the future and what he wants out of his life. As the sources say, he very much does want marriage and family *but* he also says that it also means finding the right woman. That is a big part of it all. He wants the full monty when it comes to commitment.

Whomever the woman that walks down the aisle with him and whenever it happens has yet to be. I cannot think of one really good reason that either HM, The Queen or Harry's family would be "dubious" about accepting Ms. Markle into their family. When it comes to marriage, this is Harry's choice and his bride-to-be's choice and no one else. There are no real obstacles for this couple once they get things sorted out themselves and have set a path into the future. *IF* this is what they choose to do.

We seem to have differing opinions on Meghan Markle and that's OK. Different opinions make for different, interesting slants on things in our discussions. We don't matter though. It all boils down to two people and that is Harry and the person he is involved with and the decisions that they make.

Of course I'd rather have a royal wedding sooner than later but that is being a bit self serving and that's OK too.
Old 04-10-2017, 09:10 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Since I have no pearls to clutch, I made do with borrowing my great-aunt's smelling salts!
I have some beautiful pearls I never wear as I'm not overly fond of pearls and will gladly loan them to you if you share your smelling salts with me.

Quote:
It is good to remember that when you intimate that HM is acting in such an incredibly odd way, such as when you state that HM, Head of the Church of England and well known for her devout practice of her faith, has taken to giving advice to her family that directly contradicts her very raison dêtre, it is worth taking note of the source.
HM reminds me so much of my mother who we dubbed Sister Mary Vaccuum Cleaner and her position was side kick to the Pope. A very staunch believer in her chosen faith and wild horses couldn't get her to go against it. She refused to be my matron of honor at my second wedding because it wasn't in the Church and went against her beliefs. I understand that. She also understood that her faith and how she practiced it was personal and didn't infringe on what other people believed or practiced.

Its very possible that HM's faith dictates her actions and her beliefs but she's seen a lot of changes in the world in her very long life and she also does not impose or infringe her beliefs on those around her. She's learned a lot about how marriages and the way marriages are looked at have changed and that sometimes to assure a long and prosperous marriage between two people, its wise to perhaps experience the day to day "ordinariness" before making a decision to take the vows. She may never have seen that as a way to go for herself but she can understand the necessity of it for someone else. I don't know. I'm not her. Perhaps in situations like personal relationships, she's Grandmother first and Supreme Governor of the Church of England and Queen second? Supportive, always a shoulder to lean on and truly loves her family.

Of course I'm just guessing and seeing it from across the pond and for the most part, have only seen HM, The Queen with her "game face" on in public.
Old 04-10-2017, 03:45 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
I don't know anything about TV series filming schedules, but from what I've read filming can be pretty intense. The only schedule for Suits filming in 2017, that I found (a schedule of things being filmed in Toronto beginning and end dates) stated that it started filming 4/4 and will finish 11/15. Assuming this is true, then I would not expect much news or couple sightings on the Harry/Meghan front for several months.
When I checked the Suits TV scheduling over the past 6 seasons, its usually June/July - August/September followed by a summer break, and then January to March... which of course is followed by filming from April.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Suits_episodes

MM was on hiatus last year (definitely) around June/July, so unless she has a week/weekend off during filming, then I guess we MAY get a sighting during the summer. Pure speculation here... I don't think "anything" will "happen" while Suits is on air... September is the IG in Toronto, so my humblest of opinion is that if MM does not return to filming Suits in around October, then my biggest guess is that we MAY expect an announcement thereafter, October/November and going out on a limb, I would even say before Christmas 2017. I just can't see them spending another Christmas holiday apart. Just my opinion.
Old 04-10-2017, 08:37 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTV19 View Post
When I checked the Suits TV scheduling over the past 6 seasons, its usually June/July - August/September followed by a summer break, and then January to March... which of course is followed by filming from April.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Suits_episodes

MM was on hiatus last year (definitely) around June/July, so unless she has a week/weekend off during filming, then I guess we MAY get a sighting during the summer. Pure speculation here... I don't think "anything" will "happen" while Suits is on air... September is the IG in Toronto, so my humblest of opinion is that if MM does not return to filming Suits in around October, then my biggest guess is that we MAY expect an announcement thereafter, October/November and going out on a limb, I would even say before Christmas 2017. I just can't see them spending another Christmas holiday apart. Just my opinion.
Even if they do get engaged in 2017, they will spend Christmas 2017 apart unless they are married before then, which I highly doubt.
Old 04-10-2017, 09:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, but Harry in common with most of the other royals, rarely spends time at Sandringham after Boxing Day is over. The York princesses always do their own thing too, see friends, go skiing etc. it's still holiday time for them. Harry and Meghan could head for the slopes at Verbier for New Years Eve. Who knows.
Old 04-10-2017, 09:29 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Yes, but Harry in common with most of the other royals, rarely spends time at Sandringham after Boxing Day is over. The York princesses always do their own thing too, see friends, go skiing etc. it's still holiday time for them. Harry and Meghan could head for the slopes at Verbier for New Years Eve. Who knows.
That's what they basically did this year. Meghan flew to London soon after Christmas and they spent New Year's in Norway.
Old 04-11-2017, 09:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

I was thinking....Meghan Markle was born Rachel Meghan Markle.

Does anyone think that IF they were to wed we would see her first name used?

Duchess Rachel of Sussex sounds a lot more regal than a Duchess Meghan of Sussex.

Also, Rachel would be used best as a way to separate and distinguish. Meghan was the actress and Rachel is the princess/duchess.

Any thoughts?
Old 04-11-2017, 09:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post

Duchess Rachel of Sussex sounds a lot more regal than a Duchess Meghan of Sussex.

Also, Rachel would be used best as a way to separate and distinguish. Meghan was the actress and Rachel is the princess/duchess.

Any thoughts?

The wife of the Duke of Sussex is called the Duchess of Sussex , not "Duchess [name] of Sussex"; the latter style is simply not used in the UK. If married to a prince, let's say Henry, she may be alternatively called "Princess Henry", but she will never be called "Princess Rachel/Meghan" or "Duchess Rachel/Meghan".
Old 04-11-2017, 09:39 AM
Royal Highness

She will only EVER be called 'Meghan, Duchess of Sussex' in the unfortunate eventuality of a Divorce between herself and her husband... As is the case with Sarah, Duchess of York.
Old 04-11-2017, 09:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post

Any thoughts?

I think it's hard to switch to using a different name after so many years.
Old 04-11-2017, 09:53 AM
Nobility

Quote:

Quote:
You admit you are in need of smelling salts, so yep it might pay for you to remember. For me personally, I think you are making a mountain out of a molehill.

I don't pretend to know exactly what HM the Queen of England thinks about everything under the sun. I am willing to bet however that she's not as uptight about this subject as you appear to be.
Old 04-11-2017, 03:38 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
I am willing to bet however that she's not as uptight about this subject as you appear to be.
I'll take that bet.