The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #4861  
Old 04-08-2017, 05:37 AM
MaiaMia_53's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 427
^^ Of course everything began to change when Meghan and Harry began dating seriously and discovered a deep connection that continued to grow. From everything I've heard Harry say in interviews (when the questions turn to marriage and kids), he's quite aware of the heavy baggage that comes with dating a British royal. In fact, he's experienced the downside before with both Chelsy and Cressida.

In a way, Harry's prior experiences may have prepared him for how to manage his current relationship in terms of keeping it as private as possible. Plus perhaps Meghan's previous relationships have also been important in preparing her for this one. Probably they have both been laid back about taking their time to know each other, and from all accounts, things clicked for them fairly quickly and easily. It's seemingly been the tabloid uproar and over-scrutiny that has been the most difficult and annoying hurdle.

In a U.S. television interview (posted on Youtube) around the time of William's marriage to Kate, Harry spoke about having always 'longed to have kids,' but also realising that he has to find the right person willing to take on the job (meaning all the baggage that comes with dating and marrying a British royal). Certainly there are a lot of perks too. -- Click on the below link as the video can't be played on other websites.


I think Meghan is extraordinarily prepared to 'take on' royal life and marriage to Harry, with her interests, intelligence, and experience in the public eye. However, I'm sure she's receiving a lot of help with understanding the ins-and-outs of royal protocol. Having to navigate the mix of personalities in the royal family is probably another hurdle. But maybe not so much for Meghan, since she seems confident, down-to-earth, disarming and fun-loving. I think she's also self-assured yet humble, so maybe she's quite suited to being the wife of the second royal son (despite the media's intensity of interest due to her background, fashion sense, and because she's American and an actress).

I doubt Meghan will have any problems following behind Kate, and avoiding any attention-grabbing spotlight. It won't be because Meghan's seeking it out that attention is shined on her. She's not interested at this point in being publicly scrutinized. It's been amazing how she and Harry have managed to keep a low profile and stump the media with their comings and goings. After an engagement announcement, the Palace will likely step in to place the handcuffs on the media and lay down the law regarding media nonsense and intrusiveness. Deals re access and limited coverage will likely be made with the compliant and more respectable media outlets.
__________________

__________________
  #4862  
Old 04-08-2017, 05:50 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,365
Would anyone have ever heard of her if she wasn't dating Harry? Apart from the fans of this series Suits I don't think so. I do hope she IS goig to be more private because I'm sick of hearing about her..
__________________

__________________
  #4863  
Old 04-08-2017, 06:02 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 4,912
Well, if Meghan and Harry marry, a whole lot more will be heard of her. Discussing her and Harry and how it might all end is the point of the thread at this time, isn't it?
__________________
  #4864  
Old 04-08-2017, 06:03 AM
Jacknch's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Suffolk/Budapest, Hungary
Posts: 5,924
Indeed, obviously fewer people would have heard about Meghan had she not been dating Harry - it's blatantly obvious that anyone dating Harry would subsequently be well known more than they had previously.

Frankly, I've heard nothing at all about Meghan or her relationship with Harry for weeks and weeks until the news of her closing down her blog was posted yesterday and people started discussing it all again.
__________________
JACK
  #4865  
Old 04-08-2017, 07:20 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 9,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denville View Post
Would anyone have ever heard of her if she wasn't dating Harry? Apart from the fans of this series Suits I don't think so. I do hope she IS goig to be more private because I'm sick of hearing about her..
I've seen her on suits as a regular but don't follow the show that much. From all I've gathered about her, she's not a publicity hound and doesn't do things that make the tabloids such as racy outfits, outlandish behavior and a crass attitude.

From all I've seen, she's a well balanced individual with her head screwed on the right way.
__________________
“In my walks, every man I meet is my superior in some way, and in that I learn from him.”
~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
  #4866  
Old 04-08-2017, 10:30 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Well, if Meghan and Harry marry, a whole lot more will be heard of her. Discussing her and Harry and how it might all end is the point of the thread at this time, isn't it?
Oh dear, I ca't help seeing things about her, I've noticed a film cropping up on TV with her name in it -. I dot think that they are going to marry but if she does, I will be utterly off "royal watching". but it seems to me that this is just the same as it was with his other 2 girlfriends Cressida and Chelsey, of fans goig
"he's going to marry/get back with Cressy" versus "No he's not, he's going to get back iwht Chelsey."

It was just like a pantomime.. very tedious..
IMO no one knows except a few intimates... and while I don't beleive they will marry, I know that until he finally gets involved wht another woman, this "Oh yes he will" stuff will just go on...
__________________
  #4867  
Old 04-08-2017, 10:36 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 9,662
Like it or not, Harry and Meghan are involved with what seems to be a very close relationship and from what I know, they're two people that have a lot in common, share the same goals and seem to like the same things. We're just outsiders looking in and whether or not they marry is all pure speculation and actually is something only they can decide.

As this thread is about Harry and his relationship and at this point, its Meghan Markle, if she gets on your nerves and you dislike hearing about her, perhaps this is a thread that could be one you avoid.
__________________
“In my walks, every man I meet is my superior in some way, and in that I learn from him.”
~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
  #4868  
Old 04-08-2017, 10:54 AM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 13,462
Having the experience of following another royal couple during their dating years, everything is a "wait and see." From what I see so far, things are serious.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #4869  
Old 04-08-2017, 11:02 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 9,662
Yeps... all things seem to be pointing that way.
__________________
“In my walks, every man I meet is my superior in some way, and in that I learn from him.”
~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
  #4870  
Old 04-08-2017, 11:11 AM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 6,941
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
I see an engagement a little earlier than that, actually, perhaps this Summer. I know Meghan is seemingly committed to Suits for the next season.

However, we don't know whether there was room for a clause in her contract in which she could finish her time in the show prematurely. She was seriously dating Harry at the time of negotiations and the subject perhaps came up.

We really are in unknown territory here as no senior member of the BRF has seriously romanced a career woman (an actress, no less) who resides in another country before . An engagement in the middle of Suits could be on the cards. Meghan isn't always working, and in theory she could come to the UK for the engagement interview etc. without any serious disruption.
The show was renewed last summer. Her and Harry had been dating for a short period of time when she renewed. Nothing about Meghan screams someone who would think 'oh I am sure to marry him so I better make it a shirt season'.

Considering the romantic scenes in the show, I don't see an engagement being announced while episodes are being aired.
__________________
  #4871  
Old 04-08-2017, 11:11 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Like it or not, Harry and Meghan are involved with what seems to be a very close relationship and from what I know, they're two people that have a lot in common, share the same goals and seem to like the same things. We're just outsiders looking in and whether or not they marry is all pure speculation and actually is something only they can decide.

As this thread is about Harry and his relationship and at this point, its Meghan Markle, if she gets on your nerves and you dislike hearing about her, perhaps this is a thread that could be one you avoid.
well that's my point. it pops up as recently discussed while I'm working on my PC..and I kepe wondering if it is finally come to a head.. ie he's going to marry her. Perhaps I should look and see if I can make a bet on it!
Not that I particularly dislike her,(though she looks sullen in her photos)... or even Harry, but the "yes he will/no he wont" stuff...
__________________
  #4872  
Old 04-08-2017, 11:45 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: TX, United States
Posts: 577
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Considering the romantic scenes in the show, I don't see an engagement being announced while episodes are being aired.
My thoughts exactly
__________________
  #4873  
Old 04-08-2017, 12:37 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 9,662
I don't think its so much the romantic scenes in a TV-14 rated TV series would have much to do with but rather I don't think an engagement announcement would be made until she is free and clear of commitments to the series.
__________________
“In my walks, every man I meet is my superior in some way, and in that I learn from him.”
~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
  #4874  
Old 04-08-2017, 12:42 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 6,941
Because royalty is all about pr, especially when planning an expensive royal wedding. And having the fiance of the prince having public love scenes on international television during the engagement won't be the easiest pr issue to solve. It will always be out there, old episodes and such, but much easier then if current. Watch Prince Harry's fiance.......on tv tonight in the new episode. Only pr that would be good for is the show
__________________
  #4875  
Old 04-08-2017, 01:03 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Nashville, United States
Posts: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
The show was renewed last summer. Her and Harry had been dating for a short period of time when she renewed. Nothing about Meghan screams someone who would think 'oh I am sure to marry him so I better make it a shirt season'.

Considering the romantic scenes in the show, I don't see an engagement being announced while episodes are being aired.
Well considering that Meghan had no real romantic scenes in the last half of last season, I don't think this is going to be a problem. As I've said before, I think she has already talked to the showrunner about keeping intimate scenes to a minimum. I certainly don't expect any more love scenes going forward.

With that said, I don't see a summer engagement. I have always thought that if an engagement happens this year it would be after Meghan is done filming in November. There is a possibility she could leave the show mid-season, in which case I wouldn't be shocked if an engagement announcement comes sooner but I think that's unlikely right now.

As for Meghan closing the Tig, that is a really big deal, a bold step to take...one I don't think she would have taken simply because of negative comments or articles being written. Her blog had become a part of her career in many ways and I doubt she would give it up for any reason that wasn't deeply personal. Frankly, I don't see how it could be read as anything other than her prepping for the next stage of her life with Harry.
__________________
  #4876  
Old 04-08-2017, 02:17 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 6,941
I am sorry but I doubt she has enough sway with writers to demand no romance for her character.

The plans for the season would already be in the works when her and Harry were in the early stages. They only started dating in June sometime. There was no reason for her to think two or three months in that engagement would be a concern. Nor demand that they limit her character in any way.

If harry had any problem, he wouldn't be dating an actress. He chose a woman who wasn't going to sit home and wait for a ring. And everything that goes along with that.

Of her character leaves mid season it will because the writers chose for her character to exit. Not because she decided in very early stages of dating, that she would need to cut her career short ready in hopes of a ring.
__________________
  #4877  
Old 04-08-2017, 02:29 PM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 3,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I am sorry but I doubt she has enough sway with writers to demand no romance for her character.

The plans for the season would already be in the works when her and Harry were in the early stages. They only started dating in June sometime. There was no reason for her to think two or three months in that engagement would be a concern. Nor demand that they limit her character in any way.

If harry had any problem, he wouldn't be dating an actress. He chose a woman who wasn't going to sit home and wait for a ring. And everything that goes along with that.

Of her character leaves mid season it will because the writers chose for her character to exit. Not because she decided in very early stages of dating, that she would need to cut her career short ready in hopes of a ring.
I disagree a bit here. Situations with actors in their private lives are considered (unless one is working for cold hearted brutes). Requests are factored in. Producers/Directors and fellow actors want happy campers on set. Story lines do get shifted because of personal events (an actress getting pregnant and needing to be absent from the set is one obvious example). [Though it's also true that too many demands can get you fired, but I don't think Meghan has that issue with her bosses. She is a professional from what I can see.]
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
  #4878  
Old 04-08-2017, 06:40 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Nashville, United States
Posts: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I am sorry but I doubt she has enough sway with writers to demand no romance for her character.

The plans for the season would already be in the works when her and Harry were in the early stages. They only started dating in June sometime. There was no reason for her to think two or three months in that engagement would be a concern. Nor demand that they limit her character in any way.

If harry had any problem, he wouldn't be dating an actress. He chose a woman who wasn't going to sit home and wait for a ring. And everything that goes along with that.

Of her character leaves mid season it will because the writers chose for her character to exit. Not because she decided in very early stages of dating, that she would need to cut her career short ready in hopes of a ring.
Well first of all, I didn't mean she would demand no romance, or demand anything at all. She would simply ask for any intimate scenes to be kept to a minimum or not to be too revealing or explicit and I don't think that's asking too much. From everything I've read from the showrunner, he seems more than willing to work with the actors to better accommodate their personal lives. But just to use a different example, if Meghan had recently gotten married or become a mother and decided she didn't want to do love scenes anymore, would you think she was demanding too much? I certainly don't think so. Actors make similar decisions all the time. Meghan would certainly not be the first.

Secondly, you seems to be reading way more into my post than what was intended. I wasn't suggesting that Harry had a problem with her career or that Meghan would leave the show in hopes of getting a ring. If she leaves the show early, it will be because her and Harry have already decided they are ready to take the next step in their relationship and I don't see anything wrong with that. One of the actresses who was a series regular on Suits just recently decided to leave the show because she wanted to spend more time with her family back in the US and so, her character was written out. Again, actors make career decisions based on the personal lives all the time. I'm not saying Meghan should leave the show but if she decided to prioritize her relationship and personal life over her career, then more power to her.
__________________
  #4879  
Old 04-08-2017, 07:28 PM
royaldreams's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I am sorry but I doubt she has enough sway with writers to demand no romance for her character.

Yes she does. Meghan can help direct character development, and if she doesn't want any scenes with her in underwear, lingerie, or anything extremely sexual, she will not do it. She is just no mere actress anyone, she's a public figure in a serious relationship with the last available prince from the British Royal Family. So yes, she has a lot of control in possibly her final year being on Suits. Her closing down The Tig, without even leaving up posts from the past three years seriously signifies that she's not playing around and she's knee deep in training/prepping for life as a future member of the BRF.
__________________
  #4880  
Old 04-08-2017, 07:28 PM
HRHHermione's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 2,913
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbigail View Post
Well first of all, I didn't mean she would demand no romance, or demand anything at all. She would simply ask for any intimate scenes to be kept to a minimum or not to be too revealing or explicit and I don't think that's asking too much. From everything I've read from the showrunner, he seems more than willing to work with the actors to better accommodate their personal lives. But just to use a different example, if Meghan had recently gotten married or become a mother and decided she didn't want to do love scenes anymore, would you think she was demanding too much? I certainly don't think so. Actors make similar decisions all the time. Meghan would certainly not be the first.

Secondly, you seems to be reading way more into my post than what was intended. I wasn't suggesting that Harry had a problem with her career or that Meghan would leave the show in hopes of getting a ring. If she leaves the show early, it will be because her and Harry have already decided they are ready to take the next step in their relationship and I don't see anything wrong with that. One of the actresses who was a series regular on Suits just recently decided to leave the show because she wanted to spend more time with her family back in the US and so, her character was written out. Again, actors make career decisions based on the personal lives all the time. I'm not saying Meghan should leave the show but if she decided to prioritize her relationship and personal life over her career, then more power to her.

This is reasonable, in my opinion. I will consider it a huge sign that things are moving forward if we hear that Meghan's character has been written off of "Suits". It may even be that the creators/show runners already know this will be the last season.
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
archduchess marie astrid beatrice (1986- ) birthday birthday celebration carl gustaf chris o'neill crown princess mary crown princess victoria current events denmark duke of york earl of snowdon family general news hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume infanta cristina infanta leonor infanta sofia iñaki urdangarín king felipe king felipe vi king philippe king willem-alexander letizia liechtenstein meme monarchy news pablo urdangarín pieter van vollenhoven portugal prince alexander prince carl philip prince daniel prince felix prince gabriel prince harry prince nicholas prince oscar princess beatrice princess claire of luxembourg princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess margaretha of luxembourg princess mary fashion princess mary style princess of asturias princess sofia princess victoria queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen maxima queen silvia rohan family romania spanish jewels spanish state visit to japan state visit stephanie sweden swedish royal family the duchess of cambridge casual wear uae nature victoria



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:22 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises