The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 08:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Harry pays a visit to the Natural History Museum, accompanied by a certain person!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/313720...y-museum-tour/

Old 03-20-2017, 08:51 PM
Gentry

Harry looks good in the beanie!

How nice to have the museum all to themselves

Old 03-20-2017, 11:28 PM
Imperial Majesty

Harry and Meghan at the Museum:
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/313720...y-museum-tour/

Just putting it here because the relationship thread is closed.

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-07-2017, 03:31 PM
Royal Highness

Meghan Markle closed your blog thetig.com.
On the blog wrote that if:
"To all my Tig friends

After close to three beautiful years on this adventure with you, it's time to say goodbye to The Tig. What began as a passion project (my little engine that could) evolved into an amazing community of inspiration, support, fun and frivolity. You've made my days brighter and filled this experience with so much joy. Keep finding those Tig moments of discovery, keep laughing and taking risks, and keep being "the change you wish to see in the world."

Above all, don't ever forget your worth - as I've told you time and time again: you, my sweet friend, you are enough.

Thank you for everything."

Prince Harry's girlfriend Meghan Markle shuts down blog – see her farewell message
Prince Harry's girlfriend Meghan Markle shuts down blog
Old 04-07-2017, 04:42 PM
Majesty

Of course this choud have a lot of reasons and causes, but the first thing that comes to my mind is "engagement".
Old 04-07-2017, 04:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

Oh, well perhaps she's moving on to some bigger adventures in her life and had to let go of The Tig.

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-07-2017, 04:56 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Of course this choud have a lot of reasons and causes, but the first thing that comes to my mind is "engagement".
I think tabloids using her previous blogs to make stories whenever there is a shortage of stories regarding her and Harry's relationship was getting a bit out of hand as well. Besides, I don't anticipate any engagement announcements until 2nd part of 2018 if there is one. Suits is currently filming 7th season, and I just don't think the Brits are ready for a Duchess that plays the love interest on a TV show.
Old 04-07-2017, 05:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Hmmm... that's interesting, especially that the only content now on the site is the farewell message- most blogs leave up their archives even after they are no longer active.

We'll see if it comes to mean anything significant but it will be interesting to see what happens when Suits is done filming
Old 04-07-2017, 05:04 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
I think tabloids using her previous blogs to make stories whenever there is a shortage of stories regarding her and Harry's relationship was getting a bit out of hand as well. Besides, I don't anticipate any engagement announcements until 2nd part of 2018 if there is one. Suits is currently filming 7th season, and I just don't think the Brits are ready for a Duchess that plays the love interest on a TV show.

I didn't say that I think an engagement is imminent, just that it was my first reaction the news. I don't know, I wouldn't be on it, but this change may mean anything for Meghan. I too think that the media speculation and the general debate over every MM's piece of writing could have pleayed a huge part in it, but frankly there might be even more besides that. We'll see.
Old 04-07-2017, 05:09 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I didn't say that I think an engagement is imminent, just that it was my first reaction the news. I don't know, I wouldn't be on it, but this change may mean anything for Meghan. I too think that the media speculation and the general debate over every MM's piece of writing could have pleayed a huge part in it, but frankly there might be even more besides that. We'll see.
Agreed. Anything is possible. And certainly this was a surprising move that I don't think many people saw coming. Eventually this would've happened if they were to be engaged, but seeing how she has another season on Suits, I didn't anticipate it to happen now.
Old 04-07-2017, 05:12 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Agreed. Anything is possible. And certainly this was a surprising move that I don't think many people saw coming. Eventually this would've happened if they were to be engaged, but seeing how she has another season on Suits, I didn't anticipate it to happen now.
Maybe she is just "preparing" herself. Anyway, I think this is even off topic as the link was posted in the wrong thread, so I'll leave...
Old 04-07-2017, 05:33 PM
Heir Apparent

I did hear rumors that Meghan has asked the show to write her out of Suits.
But that may not be accurate.
Old 04-07-2017, 05:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, there were rumours for a little while that Meghan had asked to be written out of Suits but I believe the Suits producer contradicted them and said that everyone was on board for this series, widely believed to be its last.

I do think that closing The Tig, from which the DM and others have scraped so many of their articles over months, is significant. I have read that Meghan earned over $100,000 a year from it, so letting it go is a major move IMO.
Old 04-07-2017, 08:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

My first thought too was "engagement". I think this is part of her preparation to join the royal family. Next to go will be her public Instagram account.

Going by the couple's fast-paced relationship I think it is reasonable to expect an engagement soon. 💍
Old 04-07-2017, 10:17 PM
Nobility

This seems to be a step in the whole process of merging her life with the life that PH leads. I don't see the engagement announcement happening anytime soon, but like previous girlfriends I think the royal family is beginning the serious transition. That may mean MM moving in with PH and getting some royal lessons and perhaps starting semi official engagements.

It is a step considering the time and effort it takes to create a viable brand like The Tig to just give it up especially since her personal social media accounts are mainly silent. The direct social media contact is slowly ramping down for MM which is an important sign.
Old 04-08-2017, 03:34 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz View Post
The moderators have decided to reopen this thread, with the following points to be kept at the forefront of thought when posting:

1) We will not tolerate any even slightly racist remark.
2) Likewise, we will not tolerate any accusations of calling other posters racist.
3) ANY piece of information/detail/news MUST be accompanied by a source, or it will be deleted. "My friend in London said..." does not count.
4) Tumblr is not a valid source - we would prefer if you all refrain from discussing matters from Tumblr here.
5) And - vitally - you are all to treat each other with the respect you would like to receive yourself. Respect that there are posters who like Meghan, there are posters who don't, and there are posters who are neutral. Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Any posts that do not follow the above instructions will be removed without notice by the moderating team. Should multiple instances of breaking these instructions occur, members will face a suspension of their posting privileges.
Quoting myself so as to remind everyone of the conditions of this thread being reopened.

The moderators also request that discussion is limited to Harry and Meghan - not the antics of their family members. Posts straying away from this will be removed.

Needless to say, this thread will be watched very closely by the moderators - and we will not hesitate to close it down again if the above points are not followed.
Old 04-08-2017, 03:52 AM
Majesty

I don't se an engagement until the end of the season.

I think the end of tig is a sign the engagement is coming and soon after the show ends, but I don't see it sooner.

Meghan doesn't seem to be the kind of person willing to sit and wait for a ring. I don't see her rushing the end of her contract either. She has committed to the season. If it doesn't end up being the final season after all, I see her having made arrangements to write her out at end of the season,

I don't see them getting engaged when new episodes are still airing. She will likely move to London when done filming but I doubt a ring.

Proposal at the end of her show, moving to London and planning a wedding seem to make sense. But will have to wait and see.
Old 04-08-2017, 04:05 AM
Heir Apparent

I see an engagement a little earlier than that, actually, perhaps this Summer. I know Meghan is seemingly committed to Suits for the next season.

However, we don't know whether there was room for a clause in her contract in which she could finish her time in the show prematurely. She was seriously dating Harry at the time of negotiations and the subject perhaps came up.

We really are in unknown territory here as no senior member of the BRF has seriously romanced a career woman (an actress, no less) who resides in another country before . An engagement in the middle of Suits could be on the cards. Meghan isn't always working, and in theory she could come to the UK for the engagement interview etc. without any serious disruption.
Old 04-08-2017, 04:28 AM
Nobility

It's sad that Meghan was forced to make the decision to close down The Tig now. However, she would have eventually, but the reason for doing it now rather abruptly I believe was to cut off the Daily Fail's source for their ridiculous output of nonsensical clueless trivia and innuendo based on articles and posts on The Tig. For example, the completely ridiculous insinuation by Daily Fail that Meghan's quote the other day that 'too much planning can spoil the magic,' has to do with her planning her own wedding to Harry. That's total nonsense. They may surely be heading for eventual marriage, but that's down the road a bit, and Meghan will have plenty of time and plenty of help with some things taken out of her hands entirely should she end up marrying Harry.

The fact that even the archives of articles on The Tig can no longer be accessed speaks volumes. The media crud reverted to trolling through The Tig after exhaustive searches through Meghan's Instagram netted them nothing more to use. Actually, there are plenty of interesting pics and video clips on MM's Instagram that reveal to astute and interested fans who aren't looking for dirt, a lot about the fun, down-to-earth, loving and inspirational person Meghan is. I will miss her Tig site.

Oh well, in an interview on Sky News some time ago (posted on Youtube), Harry spoke about the Invictus Games as something important that is serving a purpose now but that won't be around forever. He also indicated that he has a lot of ideas for other worthwhile endeavors that he is not ready to reveal yet. I'll bet that he and Meghan together are not only enjoying each other's company, but are also planning the shape their lives might take in the future, which will likely include working together on humanitarian projects.

I doubt an engagement will happen until maybe sometime later this year. If they were younger, they might wait longer. But since there's every indication that they are comfortable with each other and very happy together, they likely will see no reason to wait for longer than the one year anniversary of their starting to date seriously (which is around mid-July). Meghan's birthday is August 4 and Harry's birthday is September 15, so maybe an engagement will be announced in August or September.

I have read before that Queen Elizabeth had awhile ago informed her adult grandchildren that they should take time and really get to know a prospective partner prior to plunging into marriage, even living together to make sure they are compatible because the Royal Family can not afford any more divorces. That's likely another reason why strictures are so relaxed about Meghan and Harry living together at Kensington Palace prior to becoming engaged.

Meanwhile, it will be interesting to see whether Meghan will be appearing at any of the spring and summer polo matches that Harry usually participates in. I doubt that Meghan will attend Royal Ascot though. I don't recall whether any of Harry's girlfriends attended Royal Ascot. I mean it's possible, but I think attending formal functions with other royal family members present wouldn't happen until after an engagement announcement.
Old 04-08-2017, 05:05 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Meghan may have shut down TheTig because of the DF articles taken from her site and twisted and contorted into figments of their imagination. Its hard to see something you've worked on for years turn into something that can be used against you. Then too, once she started dating Harry, perhaps a big portion of the people she came in contact with over social media and her blog started being interested in her only because of who she is dating. One thing is clear and that is its time for a change. What those changes are we have no clue but it does seem like she's making things even more private in her life.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens next.