Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I highly doubt, that Meghan, who has her own life, career, and success, would enter into a 'marriage of convenience' with Harry. How on earth is this relationship in any way convenient for her? Her privacy is invaded constantly, her loved ones are harassed regularly for info about her, sexist and racially charged articles are written about her, some sites post 'nudes' of her, and her publicist have to deny these being her. There's nothing convenient for her to be in this relationship. And if they get engaged and marry, she has to quit her acting career, move to UK, and forget having public opinions about anything any more. How is that convenient? I have no doubt she'd easily find a more low profile man to get married with if she was looking for just any man to marry. I mean, she is smart, funny, charming, beautiful, has her own money and career. She's a catch. And for Harry, I would think he could find some woman to marry in the UK, if he just wanted some woman to marry.

To me, all of Meghan's and Harry's actions say, that they really like each other, love each other and for this reason want to be together. It could be just as simple as that.

Elizabeth and Philip and Africa

In a way, they did become engaged in Africa, although they were not together at the time. They had a secret engagement in 1946, with an agreement that it was not to be official until Elizabeth's 21st birthday (even though it was not announced until a few months later). That day, in South Africa, was the day of her famous "I pledge to you" speech. I'm sure that there were romantic thoughts stretching out between them across the miles, so Africa did have a part to play in their engagement.

:previous: A significant step in their relationship yes :flowers:

But part of their proposal, :ohmy: No.

Philip proposed at Balmoral. So there is no Africa tradition, just William. Africa was when the king agreed to a proposal. If Harry proposed in Toronto, would we say they got engaged in London as that was where the queen consented to it? No, because it is the actual act of proposing we are discussing.

Unless Harry had foresaw proposing months ago and had a quiet word with her producers and asked her to be written out early, I don't see it. Scripts and the season would be planned out months ago. Meghan is not some flighty twenty something year old to drop a commitment for a man. She has committed to a season and there is no rush. It seems only certain posters who think a proposal before November is required. Waiting till her season is over is not a long wait.

Nor is a spring wedding very likely. At least early. A proposal near Christmas would allow for a late spring early summer wedding.

And yes, I think Harry proposing in Africa would be seen by Harry as copying his brother. Harry seems more spontaneous and original. Maybe a romantic trip back to wear they went for the northern lights last year....who knows.

I do agree with a lot of in this post. I don't think engagement announcements will be made before Meghan's contract with Suits has ended. I do think, that they might get privately engaged way before, though.

I have add, that Africa is a large continent, with multiple countries, and I'm hoping, that people would acknowledge that. It would show a lot of ignorance Imo, if a proposal in 'Africa' would draw comparisons to William's proposal.

I do agree with a lot of in this post. I don't think engagement announcements will be made before Meghan's contract with Suits has ended. I do think, that they might get privately engaged way before, though.

I have add, that Africa is a large continent, with multiple countries, and I'm hoping, that people would acknowledge that. It would show a lot of ignorance Imo, if a proposal in 'Africa' would draw comparisons to William's proposal.

Headlines will be proposal on an African Safari. Do you really expect most people will say oh well one was in Kenya and one in Lesotho, completely different things :ermm: It's not ignorance. People know Africa is a huge continent. Now if people mistook one country got another sure. But an African Safari is an African Safari. So yes, people are going to draw comparisons.

I don't see Harry being so uncreative. He has his own relationship with Meghan. He will want yo create his own memory with her. No need to borrow his brothers.

William proposed in Kenya, if Harry chose to do the same, I'd consider it starting a family tradition, since BRF are all about tradition, lol! Seriously, Africa is a vast continent of 50+ countries, Kenya is not near South Africa, so I would never consider it the same place. That would be like saying if there was a proposal in Belgium, it is the same thing as a proposal in Madrid, because they're both in Europe.

Headlines will be proposal on an African Safari. Do you really expect most people will say oh well one was in Kenya and one in Lesotho, completely different things :ermm: It's not ignorance. People know Africa is a huge continent. Now if people mistook one country got another sure. But an African Safari is an African Safari. So yes, people are going to draw comparisons.

I don't see Harry being so uncreative. He has his own relationship with Meghan. He will want yo create his own memory with her. No need to borrow his brothers.

If William had proposed in France, and Harry would propose in Norway, no one would say he was copying William, even if it happened in the same continent. It's downright ignorant to lump all Africa together refusing to use even the names of countries.

Harry IS building his own memories, because it's the life he lives and his experiences. Nothing is being borrowed from William.

Whatever

:previous: A significant step in their relationship yes :flowers:

But part of their proposal, :ohmy: No.

Philip proposed at Balmoral. So there is no Africa tradition, just William. Africa was when the king agreed to a proposal. If Harry proposed in Toronto, would we say they got engaged in London as that was where the queen consented to it? No, because it is the actual act of proposing we are discussing.

Their engagement became official in Africa. Not identical to William's situation (or potentially Harry's), but with sentimental similarities.

Last edited:
Unless Harry had foresaw proposing months ago and had a quiet word with her producers and asked her to be written out early, I don't see it. Scripts and the season would be planned out months ago. Meghan is not some flighty twenty something year old to drop a commitment for a man. She has committed to a season and there is no rush. It seems only certain posters who think a proposal before November is required. Waiting till her season is over is not a long wait.

Nor is a spring wedding very likely. At least early. A proposal near Christmas would allow for a late spring early summer wedding.

And yes, I think Harry proposing in Africa would be seen by Harry as copying his brother. Harry seems more spontaneous and original. Maybe a romantic trip back to wear they went for the northern lights last year....who knows.

There's an interesting tension between the RF's requirements and the needs of her job when it comes to any announcement about their future.

I tend to agree that it would be awkward to announce any engagement before the end of her commitment to Suits. That points towards a later engagement announcement (assuming, of course, that one occurs).

However...
In the normal course of events, the news of whether Suits has been renewed for an 8th season would be coming out any day now (s7 was announced on 3Aug/16, s6 on 1July/16, s5 on 11Aug/14, etc). The consensus seems to be that renewal is likely. However, announcing a renewal will immediately spark questions about whether the entire cast will be back. The network can't say that Meghan is or isn't coming back without tipping M&H's hand, but they won't like being unable to answer the question.

I will say this; given that the cast is likely going to very soon be faced with the choice of whether to re-sign, Meghan and Harry must have a mutual understanding at this point whether they're heading towards marriage or not. It won't be a surprise to her if he proposes. He certainly can't expect her to walk away from a steady acting job without having some assurance that he's in it for the full commitment.

I also don't believe an engagement would be announced before Suits has finished filming for the season. And a wedding probably wouldn't happen until the last episode Meghan was in was aired.
I do think they could have already discussed marriage and have an understanding. I think when it started to get serious was when Meghan began withdrawing from her public life.
I don't know why people think Harry would be copying William if he did propose somewhere in Africa. Both of them love Africa, and it is a big continent.

If William had proposed in France, and Harry would propose in Norway, no one would say he was copying William, even if it happened in the same continent. It's downright ignorant to lump all Africa together refusing to use even the names of countries.

Harry IS building his own memories, because it's the life he lives and his experiences. Nothing is being borrowed from William.

It's not the continent, it's the Safari. I am sorry but it is ignorant to say proposing on safari no matter the country is the same thing. Now if he proposed in Africa doing something else. He took her shark diving in South Africa and proposed on a boat. Took her to Morocco and proposed at an oasis. Something, anything, remotely not a Safari I'd agree it was different. Africa is a huge continent but a Safari is a Safari.

Your comparison is weak at best. It would be like if William proposed to Kate on a dinner cruise down the Seine. Yes, comparisons would be drawn if Harry proposed on a dinner cruise in Oslo. Not because it's the same continent, but because it's the exact same activity.

It's not the continent, it's the Safari. I am sorry but it is ignorant to say proposing on safari no matter the country is the same thing. Now if he proposed in Africa doing something else. He took her shark diving in South Africa and proposed on a boat. Took her to Morocco and proposed at an oasis. Something, anything, remotely not a Safari I'd agree it was different. Africa is a huge continent but a Safari is a Safari.

Your comparison is weak at best. It would be like if William proposed to Kate on a dinner cruise down the Seine. Yes, comparisons would be drawn if Harry proposed on a dinner cruise in Oslo. Not because it's the same continent, but because it's the exact same activity.

This is a pointless arguement. Harry will propose how he best see fit for the couple. If it's in Africa on a safari, so be it. If that's what he feels defines him and Meghan best and is special to them, then that's just what it is. Will and Kate doesn't have monopoly over Africa safaris. Besides, I highly doubt Harry cares what the public will say regarding how he proposed. As long as it's special to him and Meghan, assuming he at some point proposes to her, that's his prerogative.

Balmoral (where E&P got engaged) is in Scotland, not Africa. Unless you were referring to Johnny and Frances, did they get engaged in Africa?

Well, let's check the history. Perhaps Babs and Pip (Windsor/Mountbatten grandparents) did not get engaged in Africa. But there is some connection there because a connection was mentioned after William & Kate were engaged in Africa. Perhaps it was more that E&P were on a romantic trip to Africa when she received word of her father's death. Wow, what must that have felt like to be told of your father's untimely passing, and then realize that means you are Queen of Great Britain and its dominions. In the 1950s that was even more of a huge old-fashioned burden-heavy, historical-laden deal than it is today. It then also changed Princess Elizabeth's relationship with her mother, the Queen, not to mention her relationship with the rest of her family, her husband, and indeed, the world (at the tender age of her mid-twenties).

Sorry for straying off-topic. A lot of stuff gets reported in the media that's inaccurate. But in any case, there is some type of Africa romantic-based connection/ tradition among the Brit royal family.

Last edited:
There seems to be about six months before the official engagement announcement and the wedding. (For Royal weddings).

IF Harry proposes on this trip, and it is announced when they get back, then an approximate wedding date would be around Valentine's Day! Perfect!

We don't actually know they are in Africa to go on safari--that is what The Sun said. They may be there to meet the people involved in Harry's conservation work or the Sentebale charity.

There seems to be about six months before the official engagement announcement and the wedding. (For Royal weddings).

IF Harry proposes on this trip, and it is announced when they get back, then an approximate wedding date would be around Valentine's Day! Perfect!

I think though they won't announce anything till after they finish shooting her show..she would be over-run by paps going to/from work otherwise.

LaRae

The photos of Harry and Meghan in Africa are great; and it's nice to see them so happy with one another. I expect to hear an engagement announcement soon! I'm just observing from things I've read and heard, but this relationship does seem to be more serious than Harry's other relationships. I can imagine Meghan walking in a wedding dress next to Harry better than I could imagine Cressida or Chelsy - but they were obviously different people, so perhaps Meghan's personality has clicked better with Harry's in the long-term.

From outward appearances, based on what we know about them, they do seem to fit well in their views/pursuits/interests perhaps better than other relationships.

My mom always said most guys weren't worth having until they were 25 or 30...maturity seems to have finally come along for Harry in the past few years.

LaRae

From outward appearances, based on what we know about them, they do seem to fit well in their views/pursuits/interests perhaps better than other relationships.

My mom always said most guys weren't worth having until they were 25 or 30...maturity seems to have finally come along for Harry in the past few years.

LaRae

I think some peace also came to Harry in the past few years, he doesn't seem to be as restless.

Last edited:
We don't actually know they are in Africa to go on safari--that is what The Sun said. They may be there to meet the people involved in Harry's conservation work or the Sentebale charity.

:previous: Right, The Sun exaggerates and embellishes, as well as making things up in the absence of real news.

Maybe the public will be given some real details of M&H's Africa adventure at some point. Or not, since it's between them and not an official royal visit.

Some fascinating comments are circling around and percolating in here. I find the subtle shade from some naysayers rather humorous. Obviously, we all have different levels of interest, motivation and attraction to following this delightful relationship. It's certainly not a run-of-the-mill, casual relationship. Those who keep referencing Harry's youthful past and playboy behavior seem a bit sour and most definitely way off base. ?

As has been pointed out by calmer and more reasonable well-wishers, Prince Harry is a lot more mature as he nears age 33. And over the past year, he seems to have grown in confidence while displaying a strong sense of purpose, happiness and ease with his royal duties that he hadn't necessarily been showing to this extent previously. He seems much more comfortable in his own skin. There are plenty of past video interviews where he expressed a desire to find the right person who could "take on" the burdens that come with marrying into the firm. And he's always emphasized that he looks forward to having children.

When you meet someone you are attracted to and then you get to know that person and you find similar interests in common and something deep clicks between you, why would you treat that casually when it's what you've been missing and seeking for a long time? There's plenty of evidence that Meghan and Harry are the real deal. They seem to be enjoying each other and keeping the progress of their relationship largely out of the public eye, which to me signals there is something valuable there that they both want to protect, nurture and preserve.

And @Mbruno, I understand your tempering the whole "true love" and "soulmate" references. But get this: If you haven't experienced it yourself, it's difficult to judge whether it's real or possible for other people. :D It doesn't mean that life is a piece-of-cake and lovers live happily-ever-after. It just means that a deep and giving love is possible between two people who bring out the best in each other, and who are able to see each other's flaws and look past those shortcomings to see and encourage each other's best qualities. In essence, that's what true love is about. :twohearts: :flowers:

Haven't we already seen that to a large degree between William and Kate? Their entire relationship is quite different and it proceeded very differently as their personalities and life trajectories are quite different. But at essence, they too seem to share a deep and lasting love, not entered into lightly as a matter of convenience. I'm sure that living with a Prince is not all it might be chalked up to be unless you are in it for deeper, heart-based and truly caring reasons.

Sure, we don't know with certainty where M&H's particular relationship is heading, but M&H seem to have a pretty good handle on it, at least for now, and for the foreseeable future. ? :heartflower:

Last edited:
I will say... there was a plot point on Suits this week that made me think Rachel being written off of the show is a possibility at some point. Just a very small moment in the story.

I hope M & H are having a great time in Africa during her birthday. The paps are definitely going to checking for the fourth finger on her left hand after this trip.

There would be an official announcement from the palace before we'd ever see a ring on her hand...at least that ring.

LaRae

I think though they won't announce anything till after they finish shooting her show..she would be over-run by paps going to/from work otherwise.

LaRae

Oh my goodness!!! I just thought about something. I imagine when they get back she will be overrun by paps who are assuming they are engaged. I hope they will leave her alone.

My understanding is she has gotten some very good security recently and after the first few hours back, nothing happens, the media will go back to making up more stories.

LaRae

Three previous girlfriends have joined the Royal on safari and on houseboats in the region, which makes Meghan the fourth lucky lady he has romanced in the African wild.

Sky Sports presenter Natalie Pinkham was reportedly the first to go on safari with the Prince in 2004 before he began seeing Chelsy Davy the following year.

Now that filming has wrapped on the latest series of Suits, Meghan may find herself with more time on her hands. Perhaps she will use it to rehearse for her most serious role yet – a bone fide member of the Royal Household

Zimbabwean-born Chelsy enjoyed numerous holidays with Harry in Botswana, including one on a houseboat called the African Queen where pals joined them for a raucous party to celebrate his 21st birthday.

The couple made annual visits out there during their seven years together.

The Prince also chose Botswana as a destination to take his next girlfriend Cressida Bonas – this time on safari.

It is understood he has been planning to make his trip with Meghan extra-special.

Read more: Meghan follows Prince's exes in joining him in Botswana | Daily Mail Online

:previous: Right, The Sun exaggerates and embellishes, as well as making things up in the absence of real news.

Maybe the public will be given some real details of M&H's Africa adventure at some point. Or not, since it's between them and not an official royal visit.

Some fascinating comments are circling around and percolating in here. I find the subtle shade from some naysayers rather humorous. Obviously, we all have different levels of interest, motivation and attraction to following this delightful relationship. It's certainly not a run-of-the-mill, casual relationship. Those who keep referencing Harry's youthful past and playboy behavior seem a bit sour and most definitely way off base. ?

As has been pointed out by calmer and more reasonable well-wishers, Prince Harry is a lot more mature as he nears age 33. And over the past year, he seems to have grown in confidence while displaying a strong sense of purpose, happiness and ease with his royal duties that he hadn't necessarily been showing to this extent previously. He seems much more comfortable in his own skin. There are plenty of past video interviews where he expressed a desire to find the right person who could "take on" the burdens that come with marrying into the firm. And he's always emphasized that he looks forward to having children.

When you meet someone you are attracted to and then you get to know that person and you find similar interests in common and something deep clicks between you, why would you treat that casually when it's what you've been missing and seeking for a long time? There's plenty of evidence that Meghan and Harry are the real deal. They seem to be enjoying each other and keeping the progress of their relationship largely out of the public eye, which to me signals there is something valuable there that they both want to protect, nurture and preserve.

And @Mbruno, I understand your tempering the whole "true love" and "soulmate" references. But get this: If you haven't experienced it yourself, it's difficult to judge whether it's real or possible for other people. :D It doesn't mean that life is a piece-of-cake and lovers live happily-ever-after. It just means that a deep and giving love is possible between two people who bring out the best in each other, and who are able to see each other's flaws and look past those shortcomings to see and encourage each other's best qualities. In essence, that's what true love is about. :twohearts: :flowers:

Haven't we already seen that to a large degree between William and Kate? Their entire relationship is quite different and it proceeded very differently as their personalities and life trajectories are quite different. But at essence, they too, seem to share a deep and lasting love, not entered into lightly as a matter of convenience. I'm sure that living with a Prince is not all it might be chalked up to be unless you are in it for deeper, heart-based and truly caring reasons.

Sure, we don't know with certainty where M&H's particular relationship is heading, but M&H seem to have a pretty good handle on it, at least for now, and for the foreseeable future. ? :heartflower:
Lovely message and well said....:flowers:

As I was opening up the daily fail to view HM at the games in Scotland, there was an article that came up on Prince Harry...

As one who does not believe a word from the *daily fail*, that says that Prince Harry is in Botswana on a house boat where he used to take his other lady friends..not sure if he would even go there for that is the past and this is now, a new wonderful girl whom he apparently cares deeply for.

Unless I see proof of exactly where they are in Africa or Harry/Meghan confirm it...then they could be anywhere in Africa...the media is wrong enough about these things.

LaRae

It sounds line the Daily Mail is trying to sell this trip to Africa as Harry's MO for romance. Meghan is just like the others; there's nothing special about this trip and she will go the way of her predecessors. Trash this relationship all it wants, I would like to see egg on the DM editors faces when the competition scoops it on an engagement announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom