The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2017, 11:31 AM
Heir Apparent

The British media won't be able to show these photos, steamy, loving (which I think they are) or not. They are banned from reproducing them in UK papers so they go on the Internet for people to look at instead. There's an article in The Sun complaining about it.

Old 03-15-2017, 01:08 PM
Royal Highness

I hope in this case the British media does what they do best. He is a royal prince and while it is one thing for William to marry Kate - everything was great about the background except the uncle and even he has been quiet - Kate fits in well, she is turning out to be major asset. This one....too modern Hollywood....to not one of them, too loud with her personal views. The vulgarity of her tv show scenes.... the nobility in Britain is something respect as it keeps the wannabes like David and Victoria out, the thirsty ones. I cannot imagine this one smiling perky beside her man. She is thirsty for the fame of it all.

Old 03-15-2017, 01:26 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade View Post
I hope in this case the British media does what they do best. He is a royal prince and while it is one thing for William to marry Kate - everything was great about the background except the uncle and even he has been quiet - Kate fits in well, she is turning out to be major asset. This one....too modern Hollywood....to not one of them, too loud with her personal views. The vulgarity of her tv show scenes.... the nobility in Britain is something respect as it keeps the wannabes like David and Victoria out, the thirsty ones. I cannot imagine this one smiling perky beside her man. She is thirsty for the fame of it all.
Well, a lot of the British blue bloods have desperately tried to have Hollywood careers, some successful some not. I can't see the nobility freezing her out because of that.

I do agree that she's currently too loud in her views compared to how she'll have to behave as Princess Harry. But one would hope she has enough self-control to censor herself when necessary.
Old 03-15-2017, 01:33 PM
Nobility

After her relationship with Harry became public, what things has she been loud about? I don't remember one political comment from her after last October/November.
Old 03-15-2017, 01:41 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
Well, a lot of the British blue bloods have desperately tried to have Hollywood careers, some successful some not. I can't see the nobility freezing her out because of that.

I do agree that she's currently too loud in her views compared to how she'll have to behave as Princess Harry. But one would hope she has enough self-control to censor herself when necessary.
What has she been loud about other than saying Donald Trump makes misogynistic comments? The only reason that'd be politically related is because he was running for office. In what society is calling out misogynistic comments too political?

Quote:
Vulgarity? Seriously? We've seen Harry's crown jewels and heard his father saying he wants to be his mistress' tampon among other things, I think this family should be ok with acting at this point.
Old 03-15-2017, 02:11 PM
Nobility

I get the feeling too loud just means she's talking when she should just be quiet. No one wants to hear anything she has to say unless/until she becomes Harry's wife and even then, we just want to hear her speak on "safe" topics, nothing that make us uncomfortable. Definitely don't want to hear any of that "feminist rhetoric"...nuh uh!
Old 03-15-2017, 02:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Lol, do anyone here know anything about Harry, his father and some other members of the royal family? Meghan being an actress and having some outspoken views is no threat to the House of Windsor.

A.W. TOZER
Old 03-15-2017, 02:27 PM
Heir Apparent

^^^^

Prince Charles' political views get him in plenty of hot water.

Nothing wrong with being 'outspoken', all the royal speak out about their charities but Meghan can't run her mouth about Donald Trump if she becomes a member of The Firm.

Lady Amalia Windsor is way down in the pecking order but, apparently someone had a word if you can believe Sebastien Shakespeare.

Meghan would have to go silent and give up social media if she marries Harry

"36th in line to British throne deletes her Instagram account after posting controversial remark about President Trump"

SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE: Who silenced rebel Lady Amelia? | Daily Mail Online
Old 03-15-2017, 02:55 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbigail View Post
I get the feeling too loud just means she's talking when she should just be quiet. No one wants to hear anything she has to say unless/until she becomes Harry's wife and even then, we just want to hear her speak on "safe" topics, nothing that make us uncomfortable. Definitely don't want to hear any of that "feminist rhetoric"...nuh uh!
what is feminist rhetoric? Camilla deals with hotbead topics like rape kits, battery and other women's issues? Meghan has dealt with the similar topics hardly feminist rhetoric at all.
Save

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
^^^^

Nothing wrong with being 'outspoken', all the royal speak out about their charities but Meghan can't run her mouth about Donald Trump if she becomes a member of The Firm.
Other than one political show before she even met Harry, MM rarely talks directly about Chump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
What has she been loud about other than saying Donald Trump makes misogynistic comments? The only reason that'd be politically related is because he was running for office. In what society is calling out misogynistic comments too political?
I would hope MM before she met Harry has a right to talk about a man who wants to "grab them by the p@ssy" if that is controversial I weep for humanity that lets him get away with that comment and not the woman who is against it!
Old 03-15-2017, 03:04 PM
Nobility

It's again going to the territory of Meghan's life before even meeting harry being held against her. After their relationship became public, she hasn't made any public political comments. Or if she has, can someone point them out, please.
Old 03-15-2017, 03:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Lol, do anyone here know anything about Harry, his father and some other members of the royal family? Meghan being an actress and having some outspoken views is no threat to the House of Windsor.
Not just Harry's father, but his mother, as well. Harry comes of some pretty scandalous goings-on on all fronts. He's seen it all in his veddy-veddy upper-class British life. His current steady lady-friend seems pretty tame by comparison.

BTW as much as I am keen to see a wedding and babies and all that, I really question whether a woman like Meghan, with her intelligence and capacity (and wide-open choices), would 'settle' for a royal life, especially given the constraints. Why do it? (I know some think it's the 'brass ring' of opportunities but I don't see that). True love? Sure, maybe, but I can't see tying up one's whole life for out-of-date sensibilities. Point blank: I think the BRF needs to engage with the times. If Charles can discuss biodymanic farming, the 5th in line to the throne can have a wife who has a career and speaks her mind. IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowVera View Post
I would hope MM before she met Harry has a right to talk about a man who wants to "grab them by the p@ssy". If that is controversial I weep for humanity that lets him get away with that comment and not the woman who is against it!
Agree 100%.

In fact, the muzzling that is being discussed here has me queasy.
Old 03-15-2017, 03:16 PM
Heir Apparent

It's not 'muzzling', it's just the reality of what Meghan would be marrying into.

She can say what she wants as a civilian but the fact is, she will have no political views or anything that can be construed as political as a member of the BRF
Old 03-15-2017, 03:22 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Maybe about a 100 years ago this was true but now? The British nobility is rife with open adultery, wannabe actors and models, divorces, drug addiction.

In other words they are just like the plebs except they have tiaras in the vaults of their family seats.

Don't forget, even Princess Michael, reputedly one of the "grandest" in attitude of all the members of the BRF, has had to settle for B-list starlet Sophie Winkelman as the wife of her son Lord Frederick.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 03-15-2017, 03:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
It's not 'muzzling', it's just the reality of what Meghan would be marrying into.

She can say what she wants as a civilian but the fact is, she will have no political views or anything that can be construed as political as a member of the BRF
I'd say it needs to change, then, if royal people are to have any chance at a 'regular' life. And after all, isn't that what it's all been about with William and Harry? Wanting to be 'normal'?
Old 03-15-2017, 03:33 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbigail View Post
Actually, I think gender equality is exactly the type of topic that the royals should promote. Just like Camilla's work with victims of rape and the Cambridges' and Harry's work regarding mental health. Diana, in her day, championed AIDS patients when it's taboo to touch them without gloves.
Old 03-15-2017, 03:34 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
^^^^

And she hasn't. She talked about him on a show that she was on before she was even involved with Harry. Ever since they have been together, she has not said anything that is taboo for the BRF, yet others like to criticize her for saying things.

As for Prince Charles' views on political issues landing him in hot water. Didn't he just recently co author a book on climate change? Clearly, it's not stopping him.
Old 03-15-2017, 03:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
^^^^

I think it's safe to say she won't do that if things become official between them, Rudolph. She'll be getting some on the job training if they become engaged. I just think people are worried about unnecessary things. We have to respect the fact that right now she have her own life to live and her own views. There's no ring on her finger and she's not tied down to any institution.

A.W. TOZER
Old 03-15-2017, 03:49 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Maybe its just me but I don't really see any comment made by Meghan (before she met Harry) about Trump to be political at all. It wasn't taking sides in a political issue but rather commenting on the attitude of a certain person at a certain time. That isn't really here or there in relation to discussing Meghan's relationship with Harry and how it could possibly affect her in the future.

Its often been said that when one door closes, another one opens that can lead to different and better adventures and I am of a mind to believe this to be true should Harry and Meghan marry. Perhaps the doors will close on her professional acting career but with that closing, she may also gain a bigger platform to be able to have an even bigger voice to raise awareness about things that matter to her now. I don't think we'd need worry that she will have to be toned down or "sanitized" in relation to charity work as since the time of the Diana era, more and more of the causes and issues that the British Royal Family has been undertaking are those that were not "proper" to address in days gone by like mental illness among different aspects in society, surviving domestic abuse and rape, and continuing raising awareness of HIV and AIDS.

Meghan may just find that a future life within the BRF is actually a fulfillment of her own aspirations of giving back with the added boon of having a loving husband by her side to travel the road with her. Maybe not. This is something that only she can figure out with Harry and vice versa and no matter what our opinions are of the couple, they're just an opinion we hold that really, in all honesty, means nothing at all in the long run of things.
Old 03-15-2017, 03:56 PM
Majesty

Yep I agree Osipi. If her dream/desire is to be able to spend her life working on behalf of others can't imagine a better platform than to be Harry's wife. Funding and opportunity and a guarantee the press will pay attention. Bonus a partner you love doing the same and since Harry isn't likely to be more than he is now (except another title after he marries) then perhaps even more freedom to do things than William/Kate will have.

LaRae
Old 03-15-2017, 04:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Actually, I think gender equality is exactly the type of topic that the royals should promote. Just like Camilla's work with victims of rape and the Cambridges' and Harry's work regarding mental health. Diana, in her day, championed AIDS patients when it's taboo to touch them without gloves.

Yes, let's have the Duchess of Sussex campaign for gender equality around the world. Let's see how well some countries in the Middle East respond to a foreigner telling them how to run their country. Don't forget the U.K. needs the oil, access to their military bases and money to be invested in UK businesses. I'm sure the Saudis will welcome her with open arms.