Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think any of us can presume to know what Harry is thinking or feeling or planning to eat for breakfast tomorrow. Other than the very few rare photos we have of this couple together, we have nothing to really go by.

This time of the year is when all the BRF take summer breaks as the Queen heads to Balmoral so its not surprising that Harry is pretty much clear to follow his own inclinations of what he wants to do with his time. As for a possible engagement, all we will ever know will be told when they publicly announce an engagement. The details most likely will remain private between the two people getting engaged. For all we know, they could already be privately engaged and just waiting for the best opportune time to make a public announcement.

One thing seems apparent though and that is that they're still together and still extremely happy with each other and are still spending time together with each other when they possibly can. :D

Really nice seeing the pictures of Harry and Meghan. They look so lovely together. I hope that they have a safe and happy holiday! In regards to a future engagement, there are only 7 continents in this world, wherever Harry chooses to propose, it's a given that he'll be 'copying' someone. I'm sure it will be special regardless of wherever and whenever it takes place.

How much time usually elapses between an engagement announcement and a Royal wedding?
I can't remember, but I know it isn't usually a full year.

I don't think there is any issues with them living together, but what about Meghan living at a royal palace before marrying into the family? I know she's stayed there when she's visiting Harry, but if she moves, that's more of a permanent thing.

It would be unprecedented, wouldn't it ? I don't think the Queen would agree to it.

I should think that if he is serious about Meghan, the queen will endorse his living iwht her discreetly perhaps at some private location. IMO they need to have a chance to live together for a bit, in as "ordinary" a way as possible so that she has more experience of the UK than holiday trips before she commits to it.

It would be unprecedented, wouldn't it ? I don't think the Queen would agree to it.

The Queen approved her son, Prince Edward living with then Sophie Rhys-Jones in a royal palace for years before they were married.

I won't believe it until I see matching tattoos. That's real commitment.

I got sucked in when they became 'beanie buddies' but not again. It's not real until I see tattoos ?

Last edited:
The Queen approved her son, Prince Edward living with then Sophie Rhys-Jones in a royal palace for years before they were married.

That's right! She was also part of the family even before she was officially part of the family. The Queen just allows her children and grandchildren to live their lives.

yes and no. she allowed the Edward and Sophie relationship to be live in, because she was aware that she could not afford her last child to end up in a divorce.. However harry is always moving around it seems and I don't think his apartemetn at KP is that big. So possibly as Meg is also a well known person, for the sake of discretion and avoiding the press, she would problaby authorise them living somewhere "off site" of the royal palaces.
She can't entirely allow them to lead their own lives because they are part of the monarchy, and she has a responsibility, unless they drop out of royal life, to see that they behave sutiably. She can't stop affairs and foolish behaviour but she can make some demands such as making sure that they marry someone that they at least have spent a good deal of time with, rather than the shorter courtships that they used to have. She used to ignore things, but now I thik she is more pro active.

But it's entirely possible Meghan is being or has already been written out of the show and won't be needed back for full filming because she won't be appearing in many scenes. For all we know, she could have filmed a few scenes in advance that may effectively end her full participation on the show. And if she's needed back, it might only be for a short period of time.

I don't get people framing a proposal in Africa as Harry "copying his brother." Should Harry decide to propose in Africa, it will be in his own way after all, and frankly we won't be witnessing it anyway. Was William "copying" his grandparents when he proposed to Kate in Africa? Nope, I would call it more of a romantic tradition, which doesn't mean that it's not special and unique for each of these different Mountbatten-Windsor couples. ? If a proposal happens, we may hear about only a few small details, not the full in-living-color reality. Even the inevitable television film about the M&H romance (following in the footsteps of all the W&K overwrought dramas) will be fantasized by screenwriters.

The Queen and Prince Phillip got engaged in England..as did Johnny and Frances.

So there is no real tradition of BRF getting engaged in Africa.

LaRae

Possibly he's just older and more serious minded, though I'm not relaly convinced of that. He may just be fonder of Meghan and n ot wanting to upset her, as she is a busy lady and if she takes time off for being with him, he does not want to let her down.

Really? Sorry there is no guy in the world going to do what Harry has been doing if he's just in a casual relationship...and the same applies to Meghan.

LaRae

As the couple gets more serious and some time has passed since they started dating, the conversation of Meghan moving to London and the couple possibly live together for awhile comes up more often. I'm wondering how would the British public feel about them living together at Kensington Palace/ Nottingham Cottage before marriage?

I don't think there is any issues with them living together, but what about Meghan living at a royal palace before marrying into the family? I know she's stayed there when she's visiting Harry, but if she moves, that's more of a permanent thing.

Well when she's there visiting Harry she pretty much is living with him and if he goes to Toronto he's pretty much living with her.

In this day and age I don't think folks would turn a hair if she moved in with Harry in his cottage. I think all of them after Charles and Diana era have quietly 'lived together' prior to their wedding...however IIRC it's only been with those they have ended up marrying. Edward, William, Zara etc all have.

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
Well when she's there visiting Harry she pretty much is living with him and if he goes to Toronto he's pretty much living with her.

In this day and age I don't think folks would turn a hair if she moved in with Harry in his cottage. I think all of them after Charles and Diana era have quietly 'lived together' prior to their wedding...however IIRC it's only been with those they have ended up marrying. Edward, William, Zara etc all have.

LaRae

Didn't Zara even live with Richard Johnson when they were together?

I agree, I don't know why Harry and Meghan couldn't continue on as they are now if they become engaged.

Harry can hardly have taken Chelsy to Africa to 'impress her' as she was born on the continent of Africa and grew up with wild animals around until she went away to school. Chelsy used to describe herself as 'proudly African', so that 'Telegraph' article is rubbish.

Really? Sorry there is no guy in the world going to do what Harry has been doing if he's just in a casual relationship

LaRae
But I don't know what he is doing that's so special. he spends holidays with her, he hasn't ditched her to go and watch Rugby? if he's seeing her at all, well If she flies all the way to England to see him, he's bound to want to spend that time with her.. and it would just be good manners not to then cancel a weekend with her to go out with his mates.
its possible that it is "friends with benefits" relationship, which is not intended to be life lasting

I agree, I don't know why Harry and Meghan couldn't continue on as they are now if they become engaged.

If they get engaged, they will probably live separately for the period of the engagement.
Zara isn't a working royal, so her behaviour is her own affair... She had a modest wedding in Scotland not a big televised one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yes I think she did...but I don't really remember much about that relationship.

I think they will continue as they are now until it becomes necessary for her to be in the UK full time (assuming they plan to marry)....and they could become engaged and not announce it for however long they want.

LaRae

Denville, If Harry wanted a 'friends with benefits' relationship with someone there are plenty of women in Britain he could do that with. He'd hardly choose a woman who lives in another country whom he's only been able to see on average every three weeks or so.

If Nottingham Cottage was spacious enough for Will and Kate to live there after their wedding, I would imagine it would easily accommodate Harry and Meghan and its been reported that the couple do stay there when they're together in London.

I don't see any real viable reasons why Meghan would have to find another residence in London should they get engaged. Once an engagement is announced, most likely the wedding will follow in six months or so after. Perhaps the night before the wedding Meghan and her family could do as Kate's family did and stay at a hotel and leave from there to the church.

I don't see the Queen batting an eye with Harry and Meghan living together leading up to the wedding. She didn't with Sophie or Kate. It just makes sense for the two of them to stay at Nott Cott. Besides, Meghan probably already knows her way around the kitchen there very well by now. :D

But I don't know what he is doing that's so special. he spends holidays with her, he hasn't ditched her to go and watch Rugby? if he's seeing her at all, well If she flies all the way to England to see him, he's bound to want to spend that time with her.. and it would just be good manners not to then cancel a weekend with her to go out with his mates.
its possible that it is "friends with benefits" relationship, which is not intended to be life lasting

You don't fly around back and forth (and he's done it also) if you are just having a friends with benefits relationship...he can get that anywhere he lives. You don't issue public statements, officially, about your g/f if you are just casually dating for sex.

Seeing has how they have been able to keep things so low profile we don't know what all he's done in order to see her.

No guy is flying to Africa (or Norway etc) or having them fly in for a weekend to attend a wedding reception (and attending a wedding together) just to keep his 'friends with benefits' person happy.

LaRae

In this day and age I don't think folks would turn a hair if she moved in with Harry in his cottage. I think all of them after Charles and Diana era have quietly 'lived together' prior to their wedding...however IIRC it's only been with those they have ended up marrying. Edward, William, Zara etc all have. LaRae

Well absolutely. William and Kate were living together quite openingly in Wales long before the engagement was announced or even took place.

To clarify my earlier question. I don't doubt they can live together before marriage or that Meghan can live with him at a royal palace once an engagement is announced. But would it be ok for them to live at a royal palace full time before an engagement is announced?

To clarify my earlier question. I don't doubt they can live together before marriage or that Meghan can live with him at a royal palace once an engagement is announced. But would it be ok for them to live at a royal palace full time before an engagement is announced?

Yes, Sophie lived at Buckingham Palace part-time while dating Edward. Given that she had her own apartment in London already. Catherine stayed at Clarence House while dating William. Camilla lived and helped redecorate Clarence House while seeing Charles. Camilla's father also lived at Clarence House before his passing.

Again, members of the royal family are allowed to live with their partners before marriage. There's no strict guidelines they have to follow on this matter.

Last edited:

Harry actually lives in a separate small house on the grounds of Kensington Palace. I image security and such would be easier if Meghan just stayed there. Even if he had an apartment in the palace I doubt it would be an issue in 2017.
AFAIK Sophie lived at Buckingham Palace before she married Edward.

:lol: :lol:

"Proposal is eminent" quotes from "friends of the couple" are bs and article fillers. If Harry was seriously about to propose, I'm guessing only his inner circle would know. And as notriously tight lipped his group is, I doubt they would leak it to the press.

I went back and looked at the old Will and Kate threads around the time of the proposal. The Kenya trip wasn't even reported when it happened and the big rumor was Kate was going to Sandringham that Christmas to meet the Queen and William was going to ask for permission to marry. Nobody predicted the October engagement. I imagine Harry and Meghan's engagement will come out of no where as well.

Chelsey was very young when she was with Harry so I never thought that would end in marriage. With Megan he will be aware that if he wants marriage and kids with her he can't hang about as she's already 36.

I don't actually follow Harry's love life as I am not hugely interested in him, but wasn't it Cressida who dumped him rather than the other way around ? I speculate Harry would have proposed to her if she had shown more interest in becoming his wife, which I think she didn't.

As for Harry's and Meghan's relationship, I believe it might end up in marriage, not because they are exactly soulmates, but because the circumstances and the stage they are in their lives make marriage convenient to both of them (yes, I am that cynical about "true love", sorry about that !)

Last edited:
Just WOW for he has never looked so happy before, and the smile on Meghan's face show she feels the very same way towards him. How I hope they disappear into the wilds of Africa not to be seen for a few weeks
and he gets down on one knee now. This is the best news of the day.

The more I look at this picture, I am wondering if they are already engaged. They look so happy!!!

I don't actually follow Harry's love life as I am not hugely interested in him, but wasn't it Cressida who dumped him rather than the other way around ? I speculate Harry would have proposed to her if she had shown more interest in becoming his wife, which I think she didn't.

As for Harry's and Meghan's relationship, I believe it might end up in marriage, not because they are exactly soulmates, but because the circumstances and the stage they are in their lives make marriage convenient to both of them (yes, I am that cynical about "true love", sorry about that !)

I think it is more a matter of having similar interests that drew them together in the first place. And their long distance relationship seems like a lot of work if there wasn't of spark of something more there. It's not like the girl next door who happened to be conveniently available when you both decided it was time to get married

I've thought for a while that an engagement just before the Invictus Games was a possibility with a Spring 2018 wedding, and I hope that turns out to be the case

Unless Harry had foresaw proposing months ago and had a quiet word with her producers and asked her to be written out early, I don't see it. Scripts and the season would be planned out months ago. Meghan is not some flighty twenty something year old to drop a commitment for a man. She has committed to a season and there is no rush. It seems only certain posters who think a proposal before November is required. Waiting till her season is over is not a long wait.

Nor is a spring wedding very likely. At least early. A proposal near Christmas would allow for a late spring early summer wedding.

And yes, I think Harry proposing in Africa would be seen by Harry as copying his brother. Harry seems more spontaneous and original. Maybe a romantic trip back to wear they went for the northern lights last year....who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom