Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe I actually went and looked, but she's posted 4 pictures in the last 3 days on Instagram; one of her dogs, one of food, one of herself on Halloween, the bananas, and one of a cup of tea, teapot, and a puzzle. In the eight weeks since her trip to the UK (judging by her Instagram timeline) she's posted 1 picture of London as a "throwback" to her trip - which if you look, she's done with other not-in-London trips as well - in the same time span she also has "throwback" pictures of a trip to New York and a trip to Italy.

The thing I find most entertaining about this is that despite no statements from Harry, KP, or Meghan and no pictures of the two together people are determined that it's a real thing and not just a press rumour. Yet, when Harry and Cressida were photographed together fairly regularly, including those first snaps of them hugging on the ski slopes, people on these boards were determined that they weren't actually together.

Well, I wasn't among those who thought the Cress/Harry relationship was a furphy (and there was great scepticism abroad among many in Twitterland and in Royal forums and Tumblrs). I follow him quite closely and there were rumours from long before any photos appeared that they had begun a romance.

I think this one is real as well, in spite of the absence of photos, but Harry is a man who tends to falls head over heels quickly and then cools down later, so I'm not booking a place outside BP for the appearance on the balcony any time soon! We've just got to wait and see what develops, I think.

If Harry thinks Meghan is suitable, then Meghan is suitable. His is the only opinion that should matter.

I beg to differ. I know that the monarchy is seen as Walt Disney, but in several countries it is a real system of state which delivers the head of state solely by birthright. The opinion of the private person Mr Harry Mounbatten-Windsor is nice. For the public person, which is His Royal Highness Prince Henry of Wales, there are other opinions in the game as well.

Anyone who wonders why William and Harry hate the press in the way that they do, aside form the fact it played a role in the death of their mother, need only look at the treatment of Meghan Markle on the DM website in the last few days. She has been slaughtered across numerous articles as they trawl through her work, her family, her childhood, her heritage etc. for anything that might be even mildly embarrassing or awkward.

I know they did (and continue to do) this with Kate but, they seemed to lay into her over a longer period so it wasn't quite so obvious and horrible.

It doesn't surprise me as it was really inevitable, but seeing it actually working in action in the space of some 4 days, makes it obvious why Harry's previous serious girlfriends have apparently said thanks but no thanks. Handsome, rich royal or not, I wouldn't touch this with a ten foot pole.

I beg to differ. I know that the monarchy is seen as Walt Disney, but in several countries it is a real system of state which delivers the head of state solely by birthright. The opinion of the private person Mr Harry Mounbatten-Windsor is nice. For the public person, which is His Royal Highness Prince Henry of Wales, there are other opinions in the game as well.

Actually, the only person's opinion outside of Harry and Meghan (or any woman that Harry would like to marry) that matters would be The Queen (or Charles if he is King at the time). I really do not see either of these people objecting to someone that Harry has chosen. The days are long gone when the monarchy and what is "suitable" for members of the royal family comes before personal choice and happiness.

For the life of me, I cannot think of one good reason why The Queen or Charles would veto a marriage to anyone of Harry's choosing.

Anyone who wonders why William and Harry hate the press in the way that they do, aside form the fact it played a role in the death of their mother, need only look at the treatment of Meghan Markle on the DM website in the last few days. She has been slaughtered across numerous articles as they trawl through her work, her family, her childhood, her heritage etc. for anything that might be even mildly embarrassing or awkward.

I know they did (and continue to do) this with Kate but, they seemed to lay into her over a longer period so it wasn't quite so obvious and horrible.

It doesn't surprise me as it was really inevitable, but seeing it actually working in action in the space of some 4 days, makes it obvious why Harry's previous serious girlfriends have apparently said thanks but no thanks. Handsome, rich royal or not, I wouldn't touch this with a ten foot pole.

The difference with Kate is the Meghan have an active social media presence and her lifestyle website. All this information is right there easy to get. Old photos with your parent- on Twitter for Throwback Thursday, posts about your self - on website, bananas spooning - Instagram.

Bankruptcy is a public record so that is easily search to find the bankruptcies of her parents and half brother. Half sister talked to the press and then denied it later.

We will probably see the ex husband talk or someone who used to work on Suits talk.

Kate was more of a blank slate with the Klosters pictures came out. She was still in college and didn't talk to the press until her engagement interview so we got photos and over time the press dug into the family background. The DM published stories about Pippa and James's financial deals. But when the WK story broke Pippa was in College and James was just starting college or finishing Marlborough. Don't forget about the James in Kate's dress pics we got relative early on.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Actually, the only person's opinion outside of Harry and Meghan (or any woman that Harry would like to marry) that matters would be The Queen (or Charles if he is King at the time). I really do not see either of these people objecting to someone that Harry has chosen. The days are long gone when the monarchy and what is "suitable" for members of the royal family comes before personal choice and happiness.

For the life of me, I cannot think of one good reason why The Queen or Charles would veto a marriage to anyone of Harry's choosing.

It is not just up to the Queen actually. Since Harry is fifth in line to the throne, his marriage has to be approved by the Queen in a meeting of the Privy Council, which means in practice that the government, as the advisory arm of the Privy Council, also has to consent to the union.

I think we just have to give him and this young lady, or any young lady, the room and privacy to do what they have to get to their relationship to solid ground. No one should be staking out her home, harassing her family and invading her social media. This overwhelming attention could scare off his dates folks.

I agree that she has to know what is going on so it probably wasn't the best idea to post a picture of spooning bananas:whistling: but she wouldn't be the first person to date a royal to speak to the press in the early stages of a relationship/friendship. I don't think that should automatically disqualify her nor send her to the Tower because of her 'behavior.'

In regards to pics of Royal London, well...that doesn't mean anything really. if you look at her instagram...she also has scenic/tourists pics of NYC, Ottawa, Spain and Italy.

Honestly, it's a wonder anyone would date Harry or anyone like him. I read that one of reasons that it didn't work with Cressida was the constant public criticisms of everything about her...her career, her parents, her clothes, etc.

Truer words have never been spoken. I don't envy any of the Royal spouses (or girlfriends)and I mean that from the bottom of my heart.

It was rough before social media but now it must be a complete nightmare!:eek:

Hello everybody! I liked Meghan, she's pretty and seems nice. I don't think it would be a problem Harry date her

Against my better judgement I went and had a peek at the comments over at Daily Fail, a rag I hate so much it gives me heartburn at times.

Some of the comments are loathsome, several are hilarious ("Go Harry...get your SWIRL on!":lol:)

And it looks like I have something in common with Meghan...she rescued a pound dog and named him "Bogart". I rescued a feral tom cat and named him...

BOGART! :p

If you needed any more proof of what Prince Harry sees in new girlfriend, just cast your eyes over her latest fashion shoot.

Megan Markle, the 35-year-old Suits actress, looks incredible as she showcases her incredibly honed figure modelling her new fashion range for Canadian retailer, Reitmans.

The Canadian, who is thought to have met the royal in Toronto, displays her pert posterior and honed figure as she models a sexy short leather skirt, polo neck and high heels.
Read more: His lady in leather! Prince Harry's new girlfriend Megan Markle showcases her INCREDIBLE figure as she shows off her new fashion range* | Daily Mail Online

It is not just up to the Queen actually. Since Harry is fifth in line to the throne, his marriage has to be approved by the Queen in a meeting of the Privy Council, which means in practice that the government, as the advisory arm of the Privy Council, also has to consent to the union.

Yes, but that is ONLY if Harry wants to remain in line for the actual crown. Actually his becoming king is not all that likely anymore so he could just opt out and marry anyone he pleases. It has been done before in royal families {Netherlands} and all worked out just fine. I personally think that neither the Queen or Charles would object as they have both seen what happens when the royals get involved in their relatives marriages especially knowing there was a strong love for another person. {Diana and P. Margaret}

Hello everybody! I liked Meghan, she's pretty and seems nice. I don't think it would be a problem Harry date her

My standards and expectations are a bit higher for a Prince of the blood royal. In your country Prince Vittorio Emanuele married that lady, Marina Doria, against the approval of King Umberto. Their son married a pregnant actress. Since then all we see from "Princess Marina" and "Princess Clotilde" are vacuumed duckfaces and goldfish lips on every red carpet of every fashion shows and film festival.

Same principle. That these two royals could marry these two ladies, allez, but was it wise? When Harry Met Meghan? A monarchy needs some distance, decorum, prestige and yes, maybe some mystique even. The danger is that it just turns into a collection of celebbies waving on that balcony.

Last edited:
Vittorio married a well educated woman with a blue blooded pedigree, even you don't usually complain about that. his father protested as she wasn't royal. Considering the monarchy was abolished when he was 11 and he could even return to Italy till 2002, he can be forgiven for not remaining single until he found a Royal willing to marry him. The wealth of an heiress would be far more useful than some title.

As for his son, you make it sound like he wed a single mom, which we know to you is a grevious sin. She was pregnant with his daughter. You have pretty low standards if you think it is more Royal to ditch his pregnant girlfriend instead of marrying her.

What either woman does or doesn't do is no ones business. They are private citizens who represent no one at all, Italy is a republic with no plans to change.

The days when royals are forced to marry each other or aristocrats are over. Thankfully most people don't require a rich pedigree from a Royal wife. Or Harry and many others would die bachelors. Should they force arranged marriages again? See how well those went

Last edited:
I think we just have to give him and this young lady, or any young lady, the room and privacy to do what they have to get to their relationship to solid ground. No one should be staking out her home, harassing her family and invading her social media. This overwhelming attention could scare off his dates folks.

That's all wishful thinking. The press is going to do what it wants especially in America where they don't have censor themselves to keep in good favor with the BRF. Better to get used to the scrutiny early on while you can back away from it because it will only continue after marrying Harry. We watched Kate get hounded for years and now what she wears, does or doesn't do is subject to commentary.

As for invading her social media, she could have locked down the privacy settings.

My standards and expectations are a bit higher for a Prince of the blood royal. In your country Prince Vittorio Emanuele married that lady, Marina Doria, against the approval of King Umberto. Their son married a pregnant actress. Since then all we see from "Princess Marina" and "Princess Clotilde" are vacuumed duckfaces and goldfish lips on every red carpet of every fashion shows and film festival.

Same principle. That these two royals could marry these two ladies, allez, but was it wise? When Harry Met Meghan? A monarchy needs some distance, decorum, prestige and yes, maybe some mystique even. The danger is that it just turns into a collection of celebbies waving on that balcony.

It's not just that. It is also because she looks smart and is committed to social problems. And I think Harry is going to marry a woman he loves, not a woman that suits your family.

Too late Duc, way too late. It's all descended into kabuki theater already. Princes of "the blood royal" have done much worse than Ms. Markle in the last 20 years(Google "Countess Jill Bernadotte" for the shock of a lifetime!) and if you continue to insist that monarchy retains some sort of mystique and distance like it used to you are going to continue be horribly disillusioned.

Face reality as I did. It's much simpler.:cool:

Last edited:
Honestly, it's a wonder anyone would date Harry or anyone like him. I read that one of reasons that it didn't work with Cressida was the constant public criticisms of everything about her...her career, her parents, her clothes, etc.

That is why the best match for a royal prince still is another princess of the blood, preferably from a reigning royal family, who has lived that kind of life since childhood and is therefore used to it. Unfortunately, there are few reigning royal families left in Europe and the opportunities for dynastic matches are scarce. Madeleine of Sweden was the best choice for Diana's sons, especially William who is of the same age, but both William and Madeleine ended up marrying rather unsuitable commoners instead.

In any case, Harry would still be better off marrying a foreign, non-reigning dynast or a daughter of a British peer rather than marrying a divorced American activist actress. On your point though, I am pretty sure there are plenty of girls who would date Harry regardless of the press scrutiny. In fact, I suspect many of her girlfriends like Cressida and possibly Meghan actually enjoyed/enjoy the publicity they got/are getting by dating Harry.

Last edited:
That is why the best match for a royal prince still is another princess of the blood, preferably from a reigning royal family, who has lived that kind of life since childhood and is therefore used to it. Unfortunately, there are few reigning royal families left in Europe and the opportunities for dynastic matches are scarce. Madeleine of Sweden was the best choice for Diana's sons, especially William who is of the same age, but both William and Madeleine ended up marrying rather unsuitable commoners instead.

In any case, Harry would still be better off marrying a foreign, non-reigning dynast or a daughter of a British peer rather than marrying a divorced American activist actress. On your point though, I am pretty sure there are plenty of girls who would date Harry regardless of the press scrutiny. In fact, I suspect many of her girlfriends like Cressida and possibly Meghan actually enjoyed/enjoy the publicity they got/are getting by dating Harry.

:lol::lol:

It blows my mind when "commoners" are more snobbish than the royals themselves. Royals are not some paragon of respectability and decency.

True, but they at least seemed to try and make the attempt to seem so.

Their public facades and their privates lives are another story entirely.

I'm not being bitchy but I've just got a feeling that something might have happened to Meghan's nose (a visit, heaven forbid to a cosmetic surgeon) in the years since High School! I like that she was optimistic and focused and wanted to do something with her life. I think she's a very sassy and animated woman who is probably a lot of fun, regardless of what happens or doesn't with H.

I'm not sure that I believe that Harry has introduced Meghan to Charles or to any other members of his family, except perhaps Eugenie, or that she was staying at Birkhall. I know Harry is sometimes a bit precipitate but that's taking it a bit far, IMHO!

Last edited by a moderator:
Immaculate Heart is a very beautiful and exclusive Catholic girls school here in the LA area, directly across the road from UCLA.

When I was in public high school years ago "the girls from Immaculate Heart" were considered posher than thou and in a couple of cases(the late John Wayne's granddaughters come immediately to mind) rumored to be ultra snobbish. Kim Kardashian also attended and supermodel Tyra Banks has alleged that she was bullied there.

Meghan was always pretty but yes indeed...her nose has...shrunk over the years!

Last edited:

William hardly knew Madeleine, so I don't see how you can say she'd be the best choice.

Frankly, those dynastic marriages seldom seemed very happy. The couples often ended up living completely separate lives, married in name only. Why would anyone choose that? I'm sure both William and Madeleine were pleased to be able to make their own choices, and I don't see anything so unsuitable about either of them.

The one thing I have learnt from all this is that sometimes the media are right !!!! We all or almost all dismissed it.
Now when they tell me Kate is pregnant with twins I will have to stop and think. ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom