The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2017, 11:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
It was done to Cressida. You know the drill, Dman.
Still don't make it fair and appropriate. Judge these ladies on real life actions. If Meghan beats someone up in the street or burns a house down, then let's judge her for some inappropriate actions.

We have to grow up and understand the difference between the work of fact and the work of fiction.

A.W. TOZER
Old 03-13-2017, 11:48 AM
Aristocracy

Sorry for double posting but it's very obvious she has asked to lay off the more intimate scenes on suits and that shows she respects her relationship so they need to get off a decade old scene!

Old 03-13-2017, 11:55 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilacmagnolia View Post
I know we aren't supposed to mention other sites BUT there is a group of 5-10 Psychos("Older Women") who are so jealous of this relationship they are sending these links to the press and they are pushing now for them to show her CSI from a decade ago as well...Ironically they showed it months ago but they want it shown again.Then it backfired on them because people are pointing out how they don't care because it's acting so they admittedly go to the sites themselves and post hateful comments since they think Meghan herself is making the positive posts like she has time for that.They have claimed she is Glenn Close's character from Fatal Attraction holding Harry hostage in this relationship...I have never seen hatred go this far and never knew it existed this way over someone else's life choice.
Most of the comments on the usually rabid DM have been supportive of MM and the fact that she was acting...they must be dissapointed by the lack of reaction.
Old 03-13-2017, 11:56 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilacmagnolia View Post
I know we aren't supposed to mention other sites BUT there is a group of 5-10 Psychos("Older Women") who are so jealous of this relationship they are sending these links to the press and they are pushing now for them to show her CSI from a decade ago as well...Ironically they showed it months ago but they want it shown again.Then it backfired on them because people are pointing out how they don't care because it's acting so they admittedly go to the sites themselves and post hateful comments since they think Meghan herself is making the positive posts like she has time for that.They have claimed she is Glenn Close's character from Fatal Attraction holding Harry hostage in this relationship...I have never seen hatred go this far and never knew it existed this way over someone else's life choice.
They did the same thing to Cressida. They said that Cressida and the Yorks were forcing Harry to date her. That Cressida showed up uninvited to Harry's birthday party. That Cressida forced Harry to be pictured with her returning from Missy's wedding while wearing Harry's clothes because she wanted to send a message to Chelsy. etc

Catherine and Chelsy are also victims to some twisted royal watchers who are constantly sprouting far-fetched conspiracy theories.

None of this is new. It's a good thing this is happening now, so Meghan is getting a good view of what life with Harry will entail. It's no fairytale. The British press has well-earned it's venomous reputation.
Old 03-13-2017, 12:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

The problem is that some people and the media are so eager to pass harsh judgement on these young ladies, they are more willing to come up with all kinds of conspiracies and unfair rumors about them. Also, they're are always looking for a perfect partner for the imperfect royals. That's just beyond backwards.

A.W. TOZER
Old 03-13-2017, 12:17 PM
Heir Apparent

'Twas always thus, and always thus will be'
Old 03-13-2017, 12:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
They did the same thing to Cressida. They said that Cressida and the Yorks were forcing Harry to date her. That Cressida showed up uninvited to Harry's birthday party. That Cressida forced Harry to be pictured with her returning from Missy's wedding while wearing Harry's clothes because she wanted to send a message to Chelsy. etc

Catherine and Chelsy are also victims to some twisted royal watchers who are constantly sprouting far-fetched conspiracy theories.

None of this is new. It's a good thing this is happening now, so Meghan is getting a good view of what life with Harry will entail. It's no fairytale. The British press has well-earned it's venomous reputation.

I occasionally browse other Royal sites, just to see if there's anything interesting being posted, and I'm always horrified/amused at the small, core group of people who feel like they know these people, see their motives, and their motives are always bad. It's like they're talking about soap opera characters instead of real people. Total rubbish, but sometimes amusing to read.
Old 03-13-2017, 12:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Conspiracy theories? Not a week goes by without someone posting 10-year-old conspiracy theories about Catherine and her family.

A lot of people doing it are the same people defending Meghan. Sometimes what goes around, comes around.

I always used to say it would come back to bite them, once their favourite was in the crosshairs.

Meghan is just the latest to suffer the slings and arrows.
Old 03-13-2017, 12:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Conspiracy theories? Not a week goes by without someone posting 10-year-old conspiracy theories about Catherine and her family.

A lot of people doing it are the same people defending Meghan. Sometimes what goes around, comes around.

I always used to say it would come back to bite them, once their favourite was in the crosshairs.

Meghan is just the latest to suffer the slings and arrows.
Folks who are still carrying on about conspiracy theories about these young ladies should stop it. Let's pass fair and real judgement. Not something based on fiction. No one would want this done to them...why do it to others?

Meghan hasn't done anything wrong nor to anyone.

A.W. TOZER
Old 03-13-2017, 12:44 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
In the very few forays I've made to other places, there was very little of substance that drew my attention. Its OK with me that there are people that devote their lives to their own fantasies of what people they don't even know are all about as long as no one ever, ever gives them TRF's URL. Those that do make it here never last for very long either.

I suppose that without too much to go on from credible sources in the know about Harry and Meghan, the media feels they have to at least write something to peak people's interest and what better than taking a tidbit and stretching and bending it into something it never was in the first place?

What we do know is that both Harry and Meghan have been very, very good at keeping things to themselves and under the radar from the public and neither one of them has put a wrong foot forward in any way since their relationship became public knowledge. To me, that in and of itself is a blessed miracle and I hope it continues that way.
Old 03-13-2017, 12:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
In the very few forays I've made to other places, there was very little of substance that drew my attention. Its OK with me that there are people that devote their lives to their own fantasies of what people they don't even know are all about as long as no one ever, ever gives them TRF's URL. Those that do make it here never last for very long either.

I suppose that without too much to go on from credible sources in the know about Harry and Meghan, the media feels they have to at least write something to peak people's interest and what better than taking a tidbit and stretching and bending it into something it never was in the first place?

What we do know is that both Harry and Meghan have been very, very good at keeping things to themselves and under the radar from the public and neither one of them has put a wrong foot forward in any way since their relationship became public knowledge. To me, that in and of itself is a blessed miracle and I hope it continues that way.
The dangerous part: rumors and unfair conspiracies have its way of blending itself into truth and it causes people to believe it to be the real truth. One must root them out and stand up for truth. Alternative facts shouldn't have its place.

A.W. TOZER
Old 03-13-2017, 01:02 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
The dangerous part: rumors and unfair conspiracies have its way of blending itself into truth and it causes people to believe it to be the real truth. One must root them out and stand up for truth. Alternative facts shouldn't have its place.
That, m'friend, is exactly why the rules here state that anything posted as fact should be back up with credible sources. Its why these forums here have lasted for so long and the reason why people keep coming back.

I just wish that what is said and posted elsewhere that is detrimental to a thread that is kept and maintained to be not only honest but intelligent were disallowed. I don't give a fig what other forums say or other stans (whatever a stan is) do as it doesn't interest or pertain to the discussion here.

A good first step though that has been made is that it is now against forum rules to just post a link to elsewhere without at least posting text describing the link and its purpose and thoughts on it. That's a good start.

Announcement: posts containing a single link and empty posts
Old 03-13-2017, 01:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
You posted two articles about Kensington Palace you knew weren't accurate. The articles slammed the Cambridges but you posted them anyway.

No one can get high and mighty about Meghan Markle and alternative facts
Old 03-13-2017, 01:16 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't see what Kensington Palace and the Cambridges have to do with Harry and his girlfriend Meghan and their romance, which is all we are trying to discuss on this thread.
Old 03-13-2017, 01:25 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
I don't see what Kensington Palace and the Cambridges have to do with Harry and his girlfriend Meghan and their romance, which is all we are trying to discuss on this thread.
That's all I'm discussing but Dman mentioned 'alternative facts' so I thought I should point out people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
Old 03-13-2017, 02:18 PM
Heir Apparent

A fun little Hello article on the things Harry and Meghan have in common.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are the perfect match
Old 03-13-2017, 03:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
You posted two articles about Kensington Palace you knew weren't accurate. The articles slammed the Cambridges but you posted them anyway.

No one can get high and mighty about Meghan Markle and alternative facts
I posted them because they are talking about some plans for the Palace. I'm not in charge of the articles headlines. I also placed the posts in the appropriate thread, not in the Cambridge's residences thread.

I'm not in the habit of criticizing Harry and Meghan due to alternative facts. I know the differences. The problem is some folks don't know the difference.

Now, if Meghan do something totally inappropriate in public (in real life) I will criticize her for it. Not tearing her apart for her professional acting career. I support people who's living their dreams and not harming people.

A.W. TOZER
Old 03-13-2017, 03:29 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
It was done to Cressida. You know the drill, Dman.
Out of curiosity, did you find it ok when they did it to Cressida or Chelsy or Kate? Because this argument keeps coming up. No one is saying the tabloid never stirred the pot with pointless and unfair headlines. However, what they are saying is the ridiculousness of using this as why Meghan isn't suitable. Now, I found it distasteful when they did it to Cressida, but I didn't give it another thought because I really wasn't interested in Cressida. I like Meghan, and I like Suits, so this article would probably get more of my attention and I might have a stronger reaction. Neither is hypocritical or wrong. And please, not buying the if it's been done before, it makes it right argument. It's getting old in constant repetition, and it's wrong.

Also, I do notice that you are quick to call out others when they bring Kate or others up, but you are quick to do the exact same thing when it suits your argument. Not leading by example I see.
Old 03-13-2017, 03:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

I'm dropping the conversation and moving on.

A.W. TOZER
Old 03-13-2017, 04:55 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
Yeah, I seem to remember the tabloids making a big deal over a pre-Harry acting role that Cressida had where she played a naughty schoolgirl willing to trade sexual favors.

Cressida Bonas's Risqué Film Role Comes Back To Haunt Her - The Daily Beast

Expecting Meghan to get different treatment seems a little naive.

I really doubt Harry cares about any past roles or he wouldn't keep dating actresses.
So because the same thing happened to Cressida, people are not allowed to point out how silly/sexist/unfair it is now? We should just accept it as a "part of the process"?? I know this comes up every time the tabloids are called out for trying to drum up some controversy with Meghan, but it still baffles me how this viewpoint is presented as if it's a good counter argument. No one should let the tabloids off the hook because it's all been done before.

If this new "controversy" highlights anything though, it's that there is no "Saint Meghan" persona. As if we needed more proof...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowVera View Post
The sentiment was that this was the smoking gun that would banish MM from Harry's life. tumblr fans found the video, posted it and then notified the press about the existence of the video. So this is basically stans trying create enough controversy so that MM and Harry break-up.
How telling is it that a clip of Meghan, in character, engaging in an implied sex act is what's considered a '"smoking gun". The desperate need to "expose" this woman has reached a new low.