Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
why WAS he commenting? Surely he must have experience of turning away a press question..

I don't think there's anything really to make out of Albert's statements at all. It happened.

There is something though that did catch my eye and make me go "hmmmmm...." and wonder if something is up. That being the information that our Rudolph has posted in the Royal Foundation thread.

Should (and notice I said should), an engagement be announced between Harry and Meghan, W&K&H's communications people are going to be over the moon busy with releases, information to be passed out of credible information and generally a lot of work dealing with everything to do with a wedding. I know its been blatantly stated that the focus would be working with the Royal Foundation but they're not going advertise for someone "to handle all sorts of communications dealing with the royal wedding".

Just thoughts and thanks Rudolph!

Prince William, Kate Middleton and Prince Harry hiring new officer

I'm going to take the job advertisement at face value. Why would they hire a Senior communications officer with extensive pr and charity experience just to deal solely with Harry's hypothetical wedding/engagement? KP's current staff has dealt with a wedding and two births. I doubt they would bring on someone brand new right before an engagement.

:previous: Perhaps there's also going to be a lot more to do in connection with the Royal Foundation? It very possibly will have to be renamed The Royal Foundation of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and The Duke and Duchess of (fill in the blank) should Meghan join the rank and file.

Dunno. Was just a thought here on my part. :D

I don't think they are hiring someone just for Harry and any possible changes to his marital status...very much the killing of two (or more) birds with one stone though.now to see what those birds are!

LaRae

why WAS he commenting? Surely he must have experience of turning away a press question..

I suspect he was answering because it was a chance to say things he wanted to say about the Princesses Charlene and Grace.

Hiring additional staff because William and Catherine are going to do a lot more? And they will want more help in their causes.

They may also be adding new aspects to the Foundation.

Not everything new is about the possible H and M engagement.

Lets get back on topic now please. Staff being hired for the Royal Foundation is rather a tenuous subject to be discussing in a thread dedicated to Prince Harry's relationship/s.

To go back to a potential timeline - I was with the majority of thinking any announcement would be after filming finishes but I did then think, would MM be wanting to honour any PR for the new series, therefore June 2018 ish would be the earliest she would be available for royal announcements?

To go back to a potential timeline - I was with the majority of thinking any announcement would be after filming finishes but I did then think, would MM be wanting to honour any PR for the new series, therefore June 2018 ish would be the earliest she would be available for royal announcements?

The new season started a few weeks ago and she hasn't done any press for it. Other than that SxSW thing last month.

Not really odd of him to comment on the relationship. It appears he doesn’t know much when he says "they seem to have a good relationship" and just giving good advice. Someone who's knows what goes on behind closed doors wouldn't give them advice through people magazine. At least he wasn't asked about the engagement rumors.

It seems that it is just me on this one because I still think it feels odd as one royal commenting on another royal's private life seems rather strange since it hasn't really been done before when the royal commenting (in this case, Albert) doesn't belong to the same RF as the royal who is the subject of the discussion (in this case, Harry). If Edward or Charles or someone else from the BRF commented on the relationship, it wouldn't seem strange to me since they are relatives.
People magazine also doesn't seem like much of a reliable magazine to interview to, as you have said.

Although; I guess the counter argument could be that none of us aren't related to the BRF, but since Albert is a royal it's a different matter or at least in my opinion.

Well, Prince Albert basically spoke about his own experience aside from the "they seem to be doing pretty well" comment. And frankly, given the amount of should, wills, musts and the like in this Forum, I find it amusing that anyone would be offended that anyone comments about royal coupling. ???

Well, Prince Albert basically spoke about his own experience aside from the "they seem to be doing pretty well" comment. And frankly, given the amount of should, wills, musts and the like in this Forum, I find it amusing that anyone would be offended that anyone comments about royal coupling. ???

If you find my post amusing with three 'rofl' faces then, well, that's your opinion, but if you read my post again you'll find that I'm not offended as the word 'offended' would be overreacting. I simply found it strange, that's all. Nothing amusing about finding things strange since we are all allowed to wonder and question things in life.

I find this discussion interesting when people disagree civilly on the matter because I can see the other side of the argument but not when people laugh at other people's opinions and assume things about the poster. As someone who has had a long history of bullying (thankfully I am no longer bullied) I like civil discussions where all posters can treat people with respect - even when they disagree - and not post laughing faces at them.

Last edited:

Filming ends in November. Unless they choose to not announce while her show is airing new episodes, she would have no required commitments even December. Any appearances and such in the new year would be directed at the new season if show is renewed.

Somehow I feel that it is totally inappropriate for him to comment to this level about Harry and Meghan's relationship. He could have just said "Keep calm and carry on" as an answer to the question and not elaborated any further. :ermm:
I wondered why he made and specific comment, and then I thought back to his courtship and marriage and the marriage of his parents. IMHO I think he was giving Harry a very personal 'heads up'. Princess Grace was beautiful and loved in Monaco and she helped change the face of that tiny state. But her life was no picnic and the scandal rags ragged on her continually.

As to Alberts beloved Charlene? Well, we don't have to go back too far to remember the disaster that was their engagement and the vicious, cruel and unbelievable lies printed about Charlene. Who could forget the mythical "hysterical bride allegedly trying to flee the country leaving Albert at the altar" since this particular scandal was a matter of a few days from the wedding?

That Albert turned the conversation to Charlene definitely confirmed a warning to Harry that as bad as the press can be, it can be an awful lot worse.

Last edited:
Although I'm sure Albert meant well I would guess Harry would be the last person that needs to be told how bad the press can be.

LaRae

It seems that it is just me on this one because I still think it feels odd as one royal commenting on another royal's private life seems rather strange since it hasn't really been done before when the royal commenting (in this case, Albert) doesn't belong to the same RF as the royal who is the subject of the discussion (in this case, Harry). If Edward or Charles or someone else from the BRF commented on the relationship, it wouldn't seem strange to me since they are relatives.

I think typically members of a royal family aren't asked their opinions on members of other royal families - at least not without context. I mean, no one's going around asking Victoria of Sweden what she thinks about Frederik of Denmark, unless they're doing something together.

This interview is odd in and of itself not simply for Albert's comments, but because he was asked his thoughts on Harry and Meghan in the first place. And of course the reason that happened is because unlike most other royal families, Monaco is one that can relate to this relationship - Albert's mother was an American film star, so Albert presumably has some insight that Victoria or Frederik might not have.

:previous: True. And while I doubt Victoria would ever answer, if she was asked about Fred she would have ground to stand on. She has a personal relationship with him and Mary. All the more reason she never would.

Albert has no personal relationship with Harry. Met him in passing at events like his brother's wedding and the Olympics likely. But certainly no grounds to make a comment so personal.

Also times have changed greatly since the time of grace. Back then marriage to equals was still the standard. Marrying a celebrity was shocking. While Meghan, as any royal bride has will face criticism, not the same kind as grace had.

I think it is very significant for Albert to publicly comment on the couple's relationship.

This isn't Prince Albert's first rodeo. He has the knowledge and the know how to skillfully and tactfully divert questions. However he did not do so. Instead he specific comments about the couple. For example, he said H&M were doing "a pretty good job so far" which to me to me indicates that he has been following or is abreast to the couple's relationship.

Sorry Prince Albert's words were not vague and general but rather specific concerning the couple. I'm not sure if he's friends with Harry or Prince Charles but I think it is very significant for a reigning Prince head of state to publicly comment on the couple's relationship.

I think typically members of a royal family aren't asked their opinions on members of other royal families - at least not without context. I mean, no one's going around asking Victoria of Sweden what she thinks about Frederik of Denmark, unless they're doing something together.

This interview is odd in and of itself not simply for Albert's comments, but because he was asked his thoughts on Harry and Meghan in the first place. And of course the reason that happened is because unlike most other royal families, Monaco is one that can relate to this relationship - Albert's mother was an American film star, so Albert presumably has some insight that Victoria or Frederik might not have.

Yes - I agree and I'm glad that someone else has a similar thought process to me regarding this matter.
I hadn't thought of the point though that you had raised about Albert being able to relate to the relationship due to his mother's Hollywood background. That's a good point and might be why he felt inclined to comment - we'll never know if this is true or not though, of course.

We are way off topic. But it was somehow printed (and accepted) that Max had helped Charlene get over the "Gosh I am a royal - what now" issues. Quite a nice story actually. But there is history of royal commentary if you believe this happened. I think in the past, when they met face to face, that there was a lot of help traded. Now, it's phone calls etc., but they don't each live in their own bubble.

And royals comment FAVORABLY about other families all the time. ;)

I think it is very significant for Albert to publicly comment on the couple's relationship.

This isn't Prince Albert's first rodeo. He has the knowledge and the know how to skillfully and tactfully divert questions. However he did not do so. Instead he specific comments about the couple. For example, he said H&M were doing "a pretty good job so far" which to me to me indicates that he has been following or is abreast to the couple's relationship.

Sorry Prince Albert's words were not vague and general but rather specific concerning the couple. I'm not sure if he's friends with Harry or Prince Charles but I think it is very significant for a reigning Prince head of state to publicly comment on the couple's relationship.

There was nothing specific other then she us an actress and their nationalities. Nothing anyone who hasn't seen a magazine or tv wouldn't know. There was no sign he has ever met Harry other then passing.

I haven't seen or read the interview but can only assume Albert was asked about the H&M relationship? I doubt mid interview he suddenly said, "Hey, you want my take on H&M?"!

So assuming the question was put to him I think the reply was bland enough. I expect all the Royal Houses are kept up to-date with the significant events in the lives of major members of each others Houses other than through the usual media outlets. So of course Albert would know Harry and Meghan have been a quite serious couple since the KP statement eight months ago.

So "a pretty good job so far" and than (was he asked to give Harry relationship advise?!) to quote an English saying is hardly an indept insight into the relationship. He does have the knowledge and the know how to skillfully and tactfully divert questions, he didn't decline the question but gave a rather humorous response.

The new season started a few weeks ago and she hasn't done any press for it. Other than that SxSW thing last month.

Filming ends in November. Unless they choose to not announce while her show is airing new episodes, she would have no required commitments even December. Any appearances and such in the new year would be directed at the new season if show is renewed.

Rather late on replying to this but thanks!! I obviously had a complete brain loop on this matter ? As soon as I read your comments I realised that I was getting myself completely confused oops

Last edited:
I haven't seen or read the interview but can only assume Albert was asked about the H&M relationship? I doubt mid interview he suddenly said, "Hey, you want my take on H&M?"!

So assuming the question was put to him I think the reply was bland enough. I expect all the Royal Houses are kept up to-date with the significant events in the lives of major members of each others Houses other than through the usual media outlets. So of course Albert would know Harry and Meghan have been a quite serious couple since the KP statement eight months ago.

So "a pretty good job so far" and than (was he asked to give Harry relationship advise?!) to quote an English saying is hardly an indept insight into the relationship. He does have the knowledge and the know how to skillfully and tactfully divert questions, he didn't decline the question but gave a rather humorous response.

I was trying to think of a response to this discussion, but yours is excellent and says what I was thinking.

The parallels between an American actress then and now was enough to ask the question in their minds. Albert turned it to his and Charlene's engagement from hell and her becoming royal, I believe as a warning to Harry that the press can be just plain evil.

He could've declined to comment on the couple's relationship. Or made a blanket statement like "life in the royal spotlight is never easy...etc". However he made specific comments (none humorous) concerning the couple's relationship at times directly referring to Meghan in the interview.
Prince Albert is well trained on how to handle the media and the press. That he chose to make several comments concerning the couple is very significant and noteworthy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom