Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never thought Chelsy was Harry's great love, when they dated they were practically teenagers, it was just youthful excitement and for me Cressida was just a pastime,I never saw love there, with Meghan is very different.

That US Magazine cover and subsequent article inside is bipolar

Since this is the latest US magazine article, I would imagine this is what you are referring to:
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Could Elope - Us Weekly

I agree, very contradictory. It's like the silly publication is covering all clickbait angles. Ridiculous. I seriously doubt an elopement. There will likely be a proposal that is kept quiet for a time, then a public announcement along with a date set for a 2018 wedding. Whether or not cameras will be allowed inside the church is a question. Due to Harry's status as a popular royal, perhaps. But Harry may reconsider that 'open to the public' royal wedding tradition if the tabloid press continues to act in such a crazy, OTT way. At this rate, where they decide to honeymoon will be what is kept top secret.

Here's an E online news followup which denies the elopement angle, and suggests that Meghan hopes to keep a possible upcoming proposal quiet for at least a short time before public announcement. If that's true, then maybe Harry might propose in early August (on Meghan's birthday), or late August (anniversary of his mother's passing) but an engagement won't be announced until November (the one year anniversary of Harry's famous press release warning the media to back-off their harassment):

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Are ''Fast Approaching'' an Engagement | E! News

I saw the "elopement" scoop on my news feed yesterday and didn't even bother to read it let alone repost it here. Although an elopement may seem like the perfect way for them to just get married and have it over and done with with no hassles, no fuss and no publicity, its just not something I think they would do. Harry is too close to his grandparents and his family to even think of getting married without them being there to witness it.

I'm sure too that whenever they do get engaged (if they do), it will be kept to themselves until they've told all their families and friends closest to them. We, as the public, will be the afterthought and told when everything else has been taken care of.

With Harry's position in the royal family, it will be a given that the public will want to celebrate his happiness and witness a royal wedding and I really don't think that either Harry or Meghan will disappoint us. Just how much the public will be involved in a royal wedding though is up in the air. We'll just have to wait and see.

These repetitive articles about marriage, wedding, engagements.....snoooooze!!! They have nothing to report. MM is working and PH is working and whatever private time they get stays private. No need to interview ridiculous sources who know nothing.

No way are they going to elope...those types of articles are not worth even reading.

ITA with Osipi, he's going to want to share that day with his family/friends.

LaRae

I also think that the very notion of an elopement would be seen by Harry and probably Meghan as cowardly. He has made his decision . . . he is a working royal and elopement isn't an option and the country could do with a good, old-fashioned, royal wedding to look forward to.

When the time comes, I personally believe his father and brother, not to mention his grandparents, would be really happy to celebrate such an occasion and I think he would be proud to introduce the woman he loves to the country he serves.

I agree with all of the above comments. I was simply responding to @sunfuntrave, because I hadn't seen the clickbait that was being referenced, as I don't check newsfeeds or Google everyday. From the brief comment by @sunfuntrave, I figured the media tripe was the usual contradictory nonsense. However, being that it was a U.S. publication, I decided to check for it. Since this most recent US mag clickbait is all over the place, I think it's a combination of rehash, guessing, and gossip from unreliable sources far removed from the royals. It's simply based on gossiping being bandied about for media sharks to gobble up for the heck of it and use as clickbait.

What you say @Osipi, is as I said in my previous post. Elopement nonsense is just that. If there's an engagement and a wedding, which is likely already being discussed and planned as a possibility by BRF and royal courtier insiders, then it will be announced when M&H are good and ready. There will be a church wedding, but whether the public will be allowed to tune in is still up-in-the-air, what with the made-up stories and crazy goings-on in the tabloid and regular media.

These 'elopement' stories and idiotic nonsense could also originate from royal insider-outsiders who are floating crap because they are somehow against Meghan, and therefore suggesting something non-traditional. Nope, I agree with everyone that common sense will prevail. When Harry does pop the question, and the public is eventually informed, it will be first and foremost a happy set of circumstances M&H will share mainly with family and friends. And the planning will proceed along traditional royal lines, with maybe a few surprises. I do hope we get to watch the full wedding ceremony, and I really wish the media rats would settle down and find something else to ceaselessly gnaw over.

Last edited:
Here's an E online news followup which denies the elopement angle, and suggests that Meghan hopes to keep a possible upcoming proposal quiet for at least a short time before public announcement. If that's true, then maybe Harry might propose in early August (on Meghan's birthday), or late August (anniversary of his mother's passing) but an engagement won't be announced until November (the one year anniversary of Harry's famous press release warning the media to back-off their harassment):
November is going to be a very important month in the royal calendar with HM and Philip's 70th wedding anniversary, so I doubt it.

These repetitive articles about marriage, wedding, engagements.....snoooooze!!! They have nothing to report. MM is working and PH is working and whatever private time they get stays private. No need to interview ridiculous sources who know nothing.
Agree!

I also think that the very notion of an elopement would be seen by Harry and probably Meghan as cowardly. He has made his decision . . . he is a working royal and elopement isn't an option and the country could do with a good, old-fashioned, royal wedding to look forward to.

When the time comes, I personally believe his father and brother, not to mention his grandparents, would be really happy to celebrate such an occasion and I think he would be proud to introduce the woman he loves to the country he serves.

Especially as if they marry, she'll be expected to serve the country as a working royal as well. That's Harry's future and any woman who marries it is also marrying into the job.

This is a seriously strange thread.

We have repetition upon repetition; rubbish that comes from tabloids, snarks and loves. If, like me, you dip in and out, it makes no sense at all.

against all RF rules, it feels like we need threads that separate speculation (rife on here) and fact (not a lot)

For someone like me, this thread is groundhog day.

It's just an opinion. Don't get mad or even. IT's just my view

We have repetition upon repetition; rubbish that comes from tabloids, snarks and loves. If, like me, you dip in and out, it makes no sense at all.

against all RF rules, it feels like we need threads that separate speculation (rife on here) and fact (not a lot)

I think people want to talk about Harry and Meghan, here at least mostly because they are hopeful that Harry has found the ONE, but since they are so under the radar there is not much to discuss. I agree there is a lot of weird stuff.

Couldn't agree more!

That US Magazine cover and subsequent article inside is bipolar

There is another bipolar one this week. The title on the cover suggests that there are problems in the relationship and the article inside is basically how they may elope. The content of the article does not even match the cover. I only read it because I just wondered what the latest tripe was the media had invented. They have run out of material so they are now resorting to putting a title on a magazine cover with articles inside that are just repeated false information having nothing to do with the magazine cover. They are really desperate.

Last edited:
Yes, there is a lot of tabloid rubbish here, some of it amusing, some not. And it is because this romance, which I believe is serious, has produced few photos and few sightings.

However the name of this thread is 'Prince Harry: relationship musings and suggestions'. It isn't ' Arrangements for Harry's engagement and future marriage' thread' or 'Facts only about Harry's love life'.

Some don't particularly like Harry, however, I do, and I like what I've read about Meghan on this thread. It has been a terrific source of info and discussion about Meghan's life and qualities and achievements so far, as well as some discussions about how this couple are approaching the media.

Last edited:
Lets face it. If we were to strictly go by credible facts about this relationship and ban all stupid, silly and made up rumors floating around out there in cyberspace, this thread would be as dead as a doornail.

In fact, I think the crazy stories and the made up suggestions of tabloids and gossip sites and their "latest scoop" on Harry and Meghan's relationship just proves how masterful these two people have been at keeping themselves out of the limelight and the public glare where their romance is concerned.

:previous: Exactly! M&H are very admirable in how they are conducting their relationship. The worthless media just won't get a clue and clean up their act. There is a way for the media to act more responsibly and professionally, but journalism these days is practically 'deader than a doornail.' :bangin:

And @Osipi, perhaps some fans would like this relationship & this thread to be as well, no? But thankfully, M&H know how to maintain their privacy, and will not allow the outlier craziness to touch what's special between them.

The weird is coming mainly from the regular and tabloid media, no? Can anything get any weirder than tabloids proclaiming a ridiculous 'bum' war between Meghan & Pippa in May, which led to Meghan going even deeper underground ever since. She's only surfaced at airports & at Suits television show events. And what's more weird than a U.S. magazine publishing contradictory nonsense with 'bipolar' cover story conflicting with inside text???

Obviously, the snarks & disapproving comments are coming from those who have 'opinionated' beefs about Meghan even being under discussion in connection with Harry, no?

Of course, the repetition and speculation here is avoidable, but also to some extent inevitable. It happens in threads. M&H understandably are not providing us with much of substance to discuss. The clickbait is certainly not being treated as valid news. Apparently there are some neutral and opposition posters who do not frequent the thread. Only a few who express disdain seem to find the thread irresistible to click open. :flowers:

The Daily Express article I linked is definitely 'weird' on steroids!!!
"Meghan['s face]... fits the bill for perfection in the eyes of the Greeks." ;) :D

Last edited:
:previous: Yep, you've got it. We will get a brief lull in suggestions and musings and an increase in current affairs when next we see Harry and Meghan spending time together.

Once they are both on their respective sides of the Atlantic we'll be back to speculating and musing again.

Let's face it, I think the bottom line is that it's time to fish or cut bait!

I don't foresee any public announcements before winter....my guess is it would be AFTER the Queen/Phillip's 70th wedding anniversary. Unless something went on that made it necessary prior to...so by October or after November....and they could always surprise everyone and announce tomorrow! lol

LaRae

I don't foresee any public announcements before winter....my guess is it would be AFTER the Queen/Phillip's 70th wedding anniversary. Unless something went on that made it necessary prior to...so by October or after November....and they could always surprise everyone and announce tomorrow! lol

LaRae

Her filming of the current season ends in November. It's highly unlikely they'd announce before she finished filming. Once engaged she will be expected to be living in London and preparing for marriage. No way she'd be able to still be on set. If nothing more then press would make it near impossible.

I honestly see her moving to London in late November. More public sightings of her. And then announcement early spring.

Personally, I would think HM and the DoE would be over the moon and sentimental to the nth degree should Harry and Meghan announce their engagement on their 70th wedding anniversary. For them, I think it would be icing on the anniversary cake. :D

Harry and Meghan wouldn't overshadow the 70th anniversary but rather enhance it. November 20th would continue on into posterity as a romantic day of the year.

Personally, I would think HM and the DoE would be over the moon and sentimental to the nth degree should Harry and Meghan announce their engagement on their 70th wedding anniversary. For them, I think it would be icing on the anniversary cake. :D

Harry and Meghan wouldn't overshadow the 70th anniversary but rather enhance it. November 20th would continue on into posterity as a romantic day of the year.

Wow, that's a really lovely way of looking at it @Osipi! You have such a nice and generous-hearted spirit and positive outlook. :flowers:

I think Meghan seems to be generous of spirit, upbeat and positive too in her outlook, which is likely one of the reasons why Prince Harry fell in love with her.

I guess we will be waiting until we find out. But it does make sense that we probably won't hear anything official until after Meghan's Suits commitments are completely wrapped.

The key dates I am looking at are Meghan's birthday, Harry's birthday or the 70th anniversary day. I believe Harry and Meghan are that sentimental to do such a thing.
I think it is very possible they could get engaged and allow Meghan to wrap up the season of Suits with lots of security know doubt!

I don't think an engagement before Suits wrapped up wouldn't be considered feasible by either Harry or Meghan. Once an engagement is announced, it will be expected that Harry and Meghan actively appear together in public and should she still be filming for Suits, it would most likely really disrupt the work being done around the studio with all the attention clamoring for Meghan because of her engagement.

I think Meghan is professional enough to not wish to disrupt something that she has worked on since the series began and would hold off on anything relating to her private life being announced until her commitment to Suits was finished.

I'm afraid I don't share your sentiment. If Harry and Meghan (or Eugenie and Jack) announced their engagement on E&P 70th wedding anniversary I would find it incredibly tacky. To reach a 70th anniversary is very rare, a couple who accomplishes that deserves to have the family spotlight for the day. It would also look like H&M or E&J were arrogantly equating their love with that of their grandparents.

Thankfully, I believe Harry and Eugenie have too much respect for their grandparents to pull such a stunt. Though it would make the drama loving tabloid writers squeal in excitement.

:previous: I totally agree miss whirley.

Honestly, I hate that the press is resorting to made up click bait. If there's nothing to report, then no story needed. Stay silent on the matter. I realize that clicks = revenue, and I wish that they would get no clicks from these clearly made-up, patched together stories. Journalism is losing its integrity for a reason, and I'm not just talking about the tabloid media.

Last edited:
Just to clarify, my opinion of announcing an engagement on November 20th, the 70th anniversary of the Queen and the DoE's wedding was solely my own opinion and wasn't "out there in cyberspace" anywhere to be click bait. :D

No way are they going to elope...those types of articles are not worth even reading.

ITA with Osipi, he's going to want to share that day with his family/friends.

LaRae

I totally agree. Harry is going to want to share with the world his love for this woman if they get married.

:previous: Exactly! M&H are very admirable in how they are conducting their relationship. The worthless media just won't get a clue and clean up their act. There is a way for the media to act more responsibly and professionally, but journalism these days is practically 'deader than a doornail.' :bangin:

:

No truer words have been spoken.

Last edited by a moderator:
I could see him perhaps proposing on granny's 70th. But waiting to announce it a few days later. Allowing the sentiment of the day, with granny's approval of course, but without sharing the spotlight. The day he proposes is far more special for the couple anyways then when announced to world. Perhaps inviting her to be there with them, first famiky event, as a way to propose. Who knows.

But standing by no proposal until late November earliest. Filiming ends then.

If there is to be an engagement, I agree that it will not happen until filming is completed. I think it would be preferable if the season is finished airing before an engagement announcement, but understand that may not be realistic. However, I do believe the only way MM would be welcome at official celebrations around the 70th anniversary would be as an official fiancee', so if Harry were to insist on her being there, an engagement would have had to happen and be made public. And then we circle back to no proposal/official engagement until filming ends, which is after the anniversary. Who knows ?

Osipi - I hope my previous comment did not make you think I thought you were repeating what you read in click bait articles. They were 2 different issues on my part, and you were perfectly clear. You're also not the type of poster who repeats such nonsense :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom