The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2017, 02:20 AM
Courtier

I'm on team Catherine and Meghan have met.
In fact I envision them getting together for yoga sessions (Meghan having taught Catherine the basics) whenever both are at KP & when Eugenie moves in to Ivy Cottage she can join them for a yoga threesome - I jest, but it makes for a nice story.
Wonder if Meghan's bumped into Princess Michael.

Old 03-09-2017, 02:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
It's a laugh to think late first know what Meghan looks like. it's nit like she lives in a cave. She will have seen photos or on tv.

Or, she went looking. The Cambridges and Harry are close. They may have mot met since the couple are in Norfolk. But you don't think will and his Eugenie are curious about Harry's girlfriend. From the statement, we know they recognize her as that. Heck even joe and Jane commoner usually show interest in who their siblings date. Googling someone had become a thing.

William, Kate, and Harry have done a few engagements this year (off the top of my head, I know for sure a thing for Heads Together where they raced each other and the Endeavour Awards), and William and Kate have each had a few engagements with each other/solo engagements in London this year. They might not be based out of KP full time yet, but it's reasonable to think they've been there a decent amount this past January/February. Which if it's true that Meghan has been living with Harry in KP, gives them plenty of time to have met her (assuming they hadn't met her sometime in 2016).

The whole "Kate doesn't care who Meghan is, hasn't met her, and doesn't even know what she looks like" line is little more than an attempt to diminish this relationship. Who knows if it's headed towards marriage or not, but there is absolutely no reason to believe that it isn't a serious relationship and that customary things (like meeting siblings) has happened.

That's not to say that Meghan has met Charles/Camilla, the Queen/DoE, George/Charlotte as there is logic to why that wouldn't have happened yet (or it may very well have, there's logic to why it would have too, especially if she has been in London for 2 months), but it's silly to think she hasn't met William and Kate; at least not based on the narrative we're given about the closeness between the Cambridges and Harry, and the belief that Meghan has been in KP for the past two months.

Old 03-09-2017, 03:54 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
At this point, since we know Harry is in a relationship with Meghan, could we get a thread specifically about her?

She published this awesome essay in Time today to honor International Women's Day and it made me like her even more. I'm going to be so happy if these two get married.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timei...3Fsource%3Ddam
I agree. I was already impressed by Meghan's character, work ethic, accomplishments, and her down-to-earth personality. From other things I've read on her Tig site and related articles she's written, I knew she was serious about and very engaged with her humanitarian work. It's truly a sincere passion. This latest article makes that even more abundantly clear.

Meghan Markle is one very remarkable woman. I knew that already as I said from her Instagram, her Tig site, her interviews, particularly with Larry King, her speech for UN Women, her videos helping to make clean well water available in a Rwandan village, etc. And yet, I continue to be amazed and impressed by her confidence, self-assurance, savvy and her genuine desire to do good in the world. Add to that her unique style and her upbeat passion for life, and I have to say again: Harry and the Royal Family will be lucky to have Meghan become a permanent part of the 'firm.'

It has previously been reported, but not officially confirmed, that Harry introduced Meghan to Kate and Princess Charlotte a month or so ago during one of her stays at Kensington Palace. I agree with those who say that Meghan may also by now have met Prince William and maybe even Prince Charles. We don't know for sure, and clearly it's only rumor with unnamed 'friends' and 'palace sources' supposedly offering the reported information, which still makes it unconfirmed. At this point, it makes no difference. We are not privy to what actually goes on in private behind palace walls. I think what we can say with a degree of certainty is that Harry and Meghan are involved in a serious relationship.
Old 03-09-2017, 05:27 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Beautifully stated post MaiaMia.

We see things too often through the mirror of how the media presents things. Kate is a Duchess and royal. Meghan is an actress and a humanitarian. Harry is a member of the British Royal Family. Meghan is an American. The media puts walls around people and sorts them into compartments and its not surprising that some of us follow that same route. Actress = Hollywood and alphabetical listing due to their fan base. Royal = Tiaras and protocol and pomp and circumstances, bowing and curtsying and never the twain shall meet. Heaven forbid that an actor would sit down to dinner with the Duke of Edinburgh because said actor supports a charity or that two people from different backgrounds should ever meet and enjoy each other's company. Some of the thinking in some posts here have me scanning them yet again for the words "Dying Queen" and "Gin soaked Camilla".

We need to remember that these people whether they be in the entertainment field or born royal or drive a garbage truck have family and friends they're close to and share their lives with. We don't know how they conduct their private lives when they take their "game faces" off. They don't advertise who they socialize with privately and for all we know, an evening at home around the family table with a bowl of spaghetti with George and Charlotte may have been going on between Harry and Meghan for quite a while now. Maybe Meghan has fallen in love with Lupo?

The picture has been painted that Meghan has basically lived at Nott Cott for quite a while. Its pretty far fetched to imagine that this couple kept to themselves all that time and were basically in hiding. Just because we don't know what their social calendars were like and who they interacted with, it doesn't mean that those things never occurred.

My take on it is that they've been out and about and socializing as a couple with people and family that are close to them and its been none of the public's business. The wedding in Jamaica was the first public viewing that we've had of this couple together in a social setting and I imagine there will be many more to come as this relationship progresses. Just because we don't see it doesn't mean that it doesn't happen.
Old 03-09-2017, 05:44 AM
Royal Highness

Unless and until Ms Markle has a formalised relationship to the BRF, I cannot see why she should be accorded a thread on the 'ROYAL FORUMS' devoted to her...
As has been said the 'interweb' has PLENTY of sites where those interested [and i'm not one of them] can read about her...
Old 03-09-2017, 06:29 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
Unless and until Ms Markle has a formalised relationship to the BRF, I cannot see shy she should be accorded a thread on the 'ROYAL FORUMS' devoted to her...
As has been said the 'interweb' has PLENTY of sites where those interested [and i'm not one of them] can read about her...
I am with you... and her "essey "in Time is similar to this one...

Original by Oni Lusk-Stover
https://medium.com/world-of-opportunity/globally-periods-cause-girls-to-miss-school-e3f9af31a25a#.4leo0apd8

Meghan’s Version
http://time.com/4694568/meghan-markle-period-stigma/
Old 03-09-2017, 06:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Well, Meghan's almost certainly not going to have a thread on TRFs unless and until she marries Harry so those who dislike the woman and/or the relationship don't have to bother themselves.
Old 03-09-2017, 06:47 AM
Majesty

None of the previous girlfriends of William and Harry have ever had their own specific threads and even after the romance was over, they were relegated to a thread called ex-partners of royals.

Getting to know a person that is seriously close to Harry is done enough in this thread and there's nothing to warrant Meghan having her own thread. In a way, I am glad that things such as the Times article was posted here as otherwise I would have never seen it as I don't "follow" Meghan at all elsewhere. Knowing who Harry is interested in and close to is all part and parcel of their relationship and it gives a bit more insight to their relationship and why they connect so well.

From what I've come to know of Meghan, I do believe that this is a woman that would be a great asset to the BRF should Harry and Meghan decide that marriage is the route they want to go with this relationship.
Old 03-09-2017, 07:54 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Wait, what? You think that Kate and William, who are close to Harry and also live in the same palace complex, don't know what his girlfriend, who spent two months living in their same complex looks like?

I... well...

Ok.

That's....

Yeah I have to agree. No secret how close Harry is to his brother, SIL and their family. I find it rather hard to believe that by this point Kate and William haven't met Meghan. Not to mention Harry would of talked to them about her before that point even.

LaRae
Old 03-09-2017, 08:13 AM
Heir Apparent

I still don't think they've met.

The story around it doesn't ring true to me. Catherine is in Norfolk for her birthday, yet the next day she packs up Princess Charlotte and travels to Kensington Palace to meet Meghan.

Not to mention Meghan's gift for Catherine, a dream diary.

For people who believe the story, how do you justify Meghan leaking it to The Sun, because Catherine sure as heck didn't.

But everyone should just believe whatever they want, and I don't believe they've met.
Old 03-09-2017, 08:16 AM
Serene Highness

I don't believe that story for one moment, but that doesn't mean that there have not been other occasions in which they could have met.
A cup of coffee in the evening after the kids have gone to bed.
Old 03-09-2017, 09:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post

The story around it doesn't ring true to me. Catherine is in Norfolk for her birthday, yet the next day she packs up Princess Charlotte and travels to Kensington Palace to meet Meghan.

For people who believe the story, how do you justify Meghan leaking it to The Sun, because Catherine sure as heck didn't.

But everyone should just believe whatever they want, and I don't believe they've met.
Rudolph, you do know the Sun story was very likely made up right? The media is always dreaming up things about the royal family. Not to mention the meeting between partners.

A.W. TOZER
Old 03-09-2017, 10:14 AM
Majesty

Quote:

One thing we can be pretty sure of is that if, for any reason, Meghan "leaked" anything to any publication or tabloid, she wouldn't still be with Harry. Both Harry and William do not take kindly to those that break their circle of trust. To my knowledge, Meghan hasn't breathed a word about her relationship to anyone outside of those she can trust completely.

The Sun is just another bird cage liner that is very good at not only putting words into people's mouths that wouldn't be there normally but they're also masters of inventing stories with no credible source behind it. Why people still read and buy this rubbish though is beyond my comprehension.
Old 03-09-2017, 10:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

Who is saying they believe the Sun story?

It's a ridiculous story.

Doesn't mean they haven't met.
Old 03-09-2017, 10:29 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberG View Post
I am with you... and her "essey "in Time is similar to this one...

Original by Oni Lusk-Stover
https://medium.com/world-of-opportunity/globally-periods-cause-girls-to-miss-school-e3f9af31a25a#.4leo0apd8

Meghan’s Version
http://time.com/4694568/meghan-markle-period-stigma/
I agree that both articles are addressing the same issue, but are you trying to say that they are the same?
Should she not have written an article about this issue, because it has been highlighted before?

If anything, she is bringing more attention to it, which is how people should use their "celebrity" IMO. And they are enough differences to safely state that they are different articles.
Old 03-09-2017, 10:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
Who is saying they believe the Sun story?

It's a ridiculous story.

Doesn't mean they haven't met.
None of it means anything. People are free to think Meghan and Catherine have met each other and people are free to think they haven't met each other.

I don't believe H&M are as serious as some people think, but to each their own opinion.
Old 03-09-2017, 12:43 PM
Commoner

I'm sure Meghan has been introduced to Harry's brother and sister in law.

I know it's difficult for some people to embrace Meghan, but, she's here to stay and eventually will become a member of the BRF.

Quote:
I doubt they've met each other. Of course it's good PR for Meghan if the tabloids spread gossip about her meeting Princess Charlotte and The Duchess of Cambridge, it makes her look accepted, but that's just 'reporters' trying to keep the story going.

I doubt Catherine even knows what Meghan looks like.
Old 03-09-2017, 12:48 PM
Majesty

No one knows for sure what the future holds and if they'll marry or be great friends or what. What we do know is they're together now and seemingly happy with each other.

I would tell you what things would be like a year from now but my crystal ball is in the shop along with my broom that ran outta gas and has a faulty braking system.
Old 03-09-2017, 01:09 PM
Commoner

Agreed, until Meghan becomes a member of the BRF, a separate thread about her here is not justified. However, I have opened up a new message board titled About Meghan, so if anyone is interested in visiting, please pm for the link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
Unless and until Ms Markle has a formalised relationship to the BRF, I cannot see why she should be accorded a thread on the 'ROYAL FORUMS' devoted to her...
Old 03-09-2017, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator

Let's move back on the topic of the Relationship. Also, please note that a tidy-up of the thread has taken place with one or two repetitive posts and subsequent responses being removed. Arbitrary digs at members of the Royal Family and/or their associates is not encouraged.