The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2017, 05:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by renzii View Post
I don't think the tabloid press actually care about facts... anything to do with Meghan and Harry is guaranteed click bailt with trolls guaranteed to turn up in force...
The Sun, the Mirror, the Daily Fail and the Express have never cared about facts when it comes to the royal family, so why start now.

And a piece of advice to those who are not so familiar with the British press, take everything that is written in these papers with a large pinch of salt.

Old 03-08-2017, 05:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

As Meghan is in a serious relationship with Prince Harry, she's perfectly on topic in a royal themed forum.

And I think it's impossible to know what someone's motivations are. This particular issue isn't glamorous and is incredibly important. It's a good cause- and this is the kind of work I think she'd probably want to continue to do should she become Harry's wife, and it seems that she'd be very good at it.

Old 03-08-2017, 05:42 PM
Majesty

I don't think Meghan should have her own thread until an engagement is announced.

LaRae
Old 03-08-2017, 05:48 PM
Super Moderator

Lets move on please and discuss the relationship - thanks.
Old 03-08-2017, 06:05 PM
Nobility

How can someone be attention seeking when they barely tweet, post or even promote their own show?

She has over 1 million followers not to mention the reach the article gets from being repeated in other publications. The article is from her POV but respectfully amplify the hard work of others. I think that is a GOOD thing!!
Old 03-08-2017, 06:08 PM
Heir Apparent

As Jacknch said, it's all about the relationship.

If Meghan and Harry prove long-term, she will probably get her own thread.

Time to move on.
Old 03-08-2017, 06:27 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
At this point, since we know Harry is in a relationship with Meghan, could we get a thread specifically about her?

She published this awesome essay in Time today to honor International Women's Day and it made me like her even more. I'm going to be so happy if these two get married.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timei...3Fsource%3Ddam
I have gone back and forth on this young woman, but this article(if she wrote it) puts me firmly back on Team Meghan.

It provides her with a gravitas that makes her seem much more than just another of Prince Harry's girls of the moment...she is intelligent, articulate,aware AND gorgeous. And if that's not "Royal material" I don't know what is!

Good job Meghan.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 03-08-2017, 07:14 PM
Heir Apparent

I wonder where their next appearance will be. Not Pippa's wedding, Meghan won't get an invite. Probably the social season, maybe the polo or Wimbledon.

Although, The Duchess of Cambridge will be in the royal box quite a bit as Royal Patron, so it would have to be on off days.

My bet is the polo. William and Harry usually have several matches throughout the season.
Old 03-08-2017, 08:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I have gone back and forth on this young woman, but this article(if she wrote it) puts me firmly back on Team Meghan.

It provides her with a gravitas that makes her seem much more than just another of Prince Harry's girls of the moment...she is intelligent, articulate,aware AND gorgeous. And if that's not "Royal material" I don't know what is!

Good job Meghan.

She's written other essays- I loved the one about her biracial identity. She seems very intelligent and committed to social issues.
Old 03-08-2017, 08:51 PM
Aristocracy

Northwestern isnt exactly a charm school and her degree is in international relations, so she's far more appropriately educated than many other married in royals, especially some of the more recent ones have seriously lowered the bar.
Old 03-08-2017, 09:07 PM
Heir Apparent

I doubt that Harry will go to Pippa's wedding. He doesn't hang around with any of the Middletons in his spare time, though if he and Meghan are engaged by May/June they may go to other weddings together.

Why on earth would Meghan care whether Kate is in the Royal Box at Wimbledon or not? If she goes over to England for the tennis this summer it will probably be to see her friend Serena Williams play in the finals.

Also, same thing for Wimbledon as for weddings. If Meghan is accompanying Harry or is engaged to him she'll sit where he sits or in the stands, which is where Pippa and James Middleton often sit.
Old 03-08-2017, 09:12 PM

I love this topic . Thanks for all your intelligent opinions. Viewing the Daily Mail leaves me depressed.
Old 03-08-2017, 09:22 PM
Majesty

What causes issues on forums such as this is the sad folk who insist on turning royal life into a competition.

It isn't.

Is your life full of competing with your sibling? your in laws? your neighbours? Your friends of friends? If it is, you are SAD.

The same applies in the BRF and any other royal family. You competing on their behalf would not be appreciated.

Just enjoy the variety of people who make up a family - just as (hopefully) you do in yr own.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 03-08-2017, 09:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
I wonder where their next appearance will be. Not Pippa's wedding, Meghan won't get an invite. Probably the social season, maybe the polo or Wimbledon.

Although, The Duchess of Cambridge will be in the royal box quite a bit as Royal Patron, so it would have to be on off days.

My bet is the polo. William and Harry usually have several matches throughout the season.

Out of curiosity, why would it have to be off days if the Duchess is there?
Old 03-08-2017, 09:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
Out of curiosity, why would it have to be off days if the Duchess is there?
Because Catherine will be front row centre, and Meghan would be buried in row 3 or 4

It would lead to a lot of stupid headlines and I'm sure they want to avoid that.

Much easier for Meghan to attend on an off day or when The Duchess isn't there.
Old 03-08-2017, 10:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Because Catherine will be front row centre, and Meghan would be buried in row 3 or 4.

It would lead to a lot of stupid headlines and I'm sure they want to avoid that.

I'm going to hazard a guess that the above considerations won't impact Meghan's attendance at Wimbledon. 'Buried' in row 3 or 4 will make little difference if it's the match-up she wants to see in play, methinks.
Old 03-08-2017, 10:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

When is she going back to work? Has she any other work before Suits ?
Old 03-08-2017, 10:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Because Catherine will be front row centre, and Meghan would be buried in row 3 or 4

I doubt that would be a consideration. I mean, it would be very clear why Kate had precedence, to anyone.

We'll see if she goes.
Old 03-08-2017, 10:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
I'm going to hazard a guess that the above considerations won't impact Meghan's attendance at Wimbledon. 'Buried' in row 3 or 4 will make little difference if it's the match-up she wants to see in play, methinks.
I disagree. We just spent pages talking about optics and 'milestones'. Catherine is a senior member of the family and royal patron of all British tennis.

The tabloids will have a field day from photos of Meghan sitting in the 'cheap seats' while Catherine is fawned over.

The press is looking for any little signal to either proclaim marriage or a breakup. Besides, I doubt Catherine has even met Meghan Markle.
Old 03-08-2017, 10:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

If she attends when Kate is there but isn't seated with Kate, it'll be speculated that she and Kate hate each other.

If she attends when Kate is there and is seated with Kate, it'll be speculated that she and Harry are engaged.

If she only attends when Kate isn't there, it'll be speculated that she's been told by the Firm she's not allowed to attend when Kate is there for fear of stealing focus from Kate (because of course, she and Kate hate each other).

If she doesn't attend at all, it'll be speculated that she and Harry have actually broken up.

There's no wining if she tries to plan her Wimbledon viewing around what the press might say.