The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2017, 04:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanyT View Post
She has it pulled up to her knees in some pics.

I felt like a creep looking at those pictures. Especially the ones obviously taken behind trees of random wedding guests.

Oh, right. I see that now.

Don't feel like a creep; it is natural to want to see the pictures (otherwise the tabloids wouldn't print them).

Old 03-07-2017, 04:14 PM
Aristocracy

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...meghan-markle/

Old 03-07-2017, 04:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilacmagnolia View Post
Chest waxing is a 'significant' milestone
Old 03-07-2017, 04:48 PM
Heir Apparent

The tabs are ridiculous at the moment! Harry has a minute spread of lightish hair on his chest. It's gingery blond and hard to pick under normal circumstances. As if a photograph taken from a long way away is going to pick up chest hair when he's wet and in the sea!
Old 03-08-2017, 12:32 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Interesting- do the tiers on Meghan's dress detach?

Because it's a short dress in some of the pictures.
From the additional pictures linked by @lilacmagnolia, I don't see any in which Meghan's dress is short. There is a picture of a female guest with dark hair hugging Harry and wearing a flowery dress similar to Meghan's that is short. And, in some pics of Meghan while she's sitting down, her dress is pulled up above her knees, but her legs are partly obscured by the table.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Oh, right. I see that now.

Don't feel like a creep; it is natural to want to see the pictures (otherwise the tabloids wouldn't print them).
Well, the tabloids are interested in making a buck because they know there's public interest. But I think it's a fine line between wanting to see pics of the happy young couple together, and becoming too overly nosy about wanting to see them hugging and kissing when they weren't aware that their pictures were being taken. I don't want to invade their intimate privacy. I am happy for them if they are in love and finding that they have a lot of interests in common. If their relationship lasts and they become engaged, I will be very interested in seeing any interviews with them and following everything leading up to a wedding day. But I do think that the paps go too much overboard with wanting too much of a piece of them for monetary purposes.

There definitely needs to be a point at which the paps back off and allow these two young people to breathe and to enjoy developing their relationship with a measure of privacy. I admire them both for being able to have kept their relationship as private as they have been able to so far. I was actually surprised that so many photos were taken at this wedding, as it had been reported that the resort was private and exclusive. I suppose that money exchanged hands in order for these paps to get the shots that they were able to capture. I can understand Harry being a bit out of sorts having learned about paps taking pics of him and Meghan embracing on the balcony.

Neither William nor Harry want a repeat of the pap frenzy that surrounded their mother throughout her adult life after engagement, marriage to and divorce from Prince Charles.
Old 03-08-2017, 12:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilacmagnolia View Post
For the love of

The picture they even say is how they imagine him without

And I highly doubt his friends go around making comments about Harry and his chest hair to paps.
Old 03-08-2017, 05:17 AM

I don't think the tabloid press actually care about facts... anything to do with Meghan and Harry is guaranteed click bailt with trolls guaranteed to turn up in force...
Old 03-08-2017, 02:52 PM

New poster here though I've enjoyed following this thread. Couple interesting articles that I haven't seen posted.

This one raises the question of where does the line between public figure and privacy lie. It's amazing to me that if these pics exist they won't be released particularly in US where KP influence doesn't apply.
http:www.sheknows.com/entertainment/articles/1132517/prince-harry-and-meghan-markle-kissing-pics/

Then Meghan herself is back on social media for International Women's Day. Posted the Time article summarizing her humanitarian trip to India. Glad to see this issue and the efforts of World Vision Canada get some pub as they would have if Meghan weren't dating Prince Harry. Felt like the whole trip was downplayed (perhaps understandably) due to security concerns and fear of it being seen as self-promotion.

Meghan Markle: Periods Affect Potential | Time.com
Old 03-08-2017, 03:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

At this point, since we know Harry is in a relationship with Meghan, could we get a thread specifically about her?

She published this awesome essay in Time today to honor International Women's Day and it made me like her even more. I'm going to be so happy if these two get married.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timei...3Fsource%3Ddam
Old 03-08-2017, 03:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
At this point, since we know Harry is in a relationship with Meghan, could we get a thread specifically about her?

She published this awesome essay in Time today to honor International Women's Day and it made me like her even more. I'm going to be so happy if these two get married.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timei...3Fsource%3Ddam
It is an amazing article by an amazing young lady.

A.W. TOZER
Old 03-08-2017, 03:51 PM
Nobility

I love that she is amplifying this issue and the important work that is being done in India. Love that they are using micro-finance solutions to address the issues which serves to empower the girls.
Old 03-08-2017, 03:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank you for posting the article
Old 03-08-2017, 03:52 PM
Nobility

What a wonderful essay. Very informative and very needed.
Old 03-08-2017, 04:10 PM
Nobility

It's a great and well-written essay touching on the subject in a way that I never thought about.
Old 03-08-2017, 04:16 PM
Heir Apparent

God save us from attention seeking, self-promoting, C-list celebrities. Time magazine should go to India and interview the women on the front line, who are fighting the good fight, day in and day out.

But then again, the women in India don't have a website, TV show and clothing line to promote.
Old 03-08-2017, 04:23 PM
Nobility

There's always the option to not read what she wrote. We're not forced to do it, so IMO there's no need to save anyone from anything. I also see nothing wrong with bringing awareness to this, it's a great cause.
Old 03-08-2017, 04:29 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
One question. Why is it when Meghan Markle does what she can to call attention to a serious problem facing young girls it is attention seeking when you, yourself quite often bring to our attention here tidbits on various things that the British royals are trying to call attention to? Is there really a difference? I'm trying to understand your point of view on this.

Time magazine found what Meghan had to say important enough to print it. it was an informative and intelligently written article about needs that seriously do need to be addressed. IMO, I commend Ms. Markle for doing what she can.
Old 03-08-2017, 04:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
God save us from attention seeking, self-promoting, C-list celebrities. Time magazine should go to India and interview the women on the front line, who are fighting the good fight, day in and day out.

But then again, the women in India don't have a website, TV show and clothing line to promote.

They do. There's been a fair bit of journalism done on this topic and it's been discussed in feminist circles for years. When famous people draw attention to these topics, it brings in an audience who maybe wouldn't go seeking the information on their own.

Your read on this strikes me as very uncharitable. This is the sort of thing the Royal Family does too. Do you view their efforts in a similar light?
Old 03-08-2017, 04:34 PM
Royal Highness

Fantastic article about a subject that doesn't get touched upon enough.
Old 03-08-2017, 04:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
One question. Why is it when Meghan Markle does what she can to call attention to a serious problem facing young girls it is attention seeking when you, yourself quite often bring to our attention here tidbits on various things that the British royals are trying to call attention to? Is there really a difference? I'm trying to understand your point of view on this.

Time magazine found what Meghan had to say important enough to print it. it was an informative and intelligently written article about needs that seriously do need to be addressed. IMO, I commend Ms. Markle for doing what she can.
Number one, it's royal themed forum (The Royal Forums) and royals are part of the constitutional structure of the country. Plus they don't do it for the glory but for the honour.

I'm sure there are plenty of Meghan fan websites you can visit Osipi, if royalty isn't floating your boat.

Edit: I have the EXACT same opinion of the Emma Watsons, Angelina Jolies and Gwyneth Paltrows of the world as well.

Closed Thread