The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #4441  
Old 03-05-2017, 09:07 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 120
Surely there's a typo in the Daily Mail's title of their article. IMO, the only thing they know about 'real' is to try and 'reel' readers in for their made up stories.
__________________

__________________
  #4442  
Old 03-05-2017, 10:17 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 13,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I suspect she was not at all interested in living as the wife of a senior royal would be expected to live. Different interests and maturity levelsat the time.


LaRae
I think she would've made the sacrifice, but I think their personal relationship broke down and they were younger at the time too. Taking on a royal life is only one part of it. A couple have to have a good and solid relationship to help sustain a marriage and royal life. If something's not working on the personal level, marriage and taking on a new royal life won't work. Who needs the drama!!!
__________________

__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #4443  
Old 03-05-2017, 10:28 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 6,365
I think that's part of the reason the personal relationship broke down. They wanted different things and I don't think she was willing at her age and stage in life to take on the life expected of Harry's wife. I don't think she would be now either though (if they had met recently).


LaRae
__________________
  #4444  
Old 03-06-2017, 12:26 AM
MaiaMia_53's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Don't everybody worry, The DM has the REAL story for us. Here I was getting upset with all the fake news coming out about this couple ...
Daily Fail is a laugh riot.

The publications in England and across the pond in U.S. are apparently having a field day re this latest Meghan/ Harry sighting.

There's an interesting Vanity Fair article (which I'm unable to link, but everyone can easily locate online). The VF article quotes comments supposedly from 'friends' who also attended the Inskip wedding. It's always speculative when unnamed 'friends' are quoted, so as with anything, take with a grain of salt. I think of this all in a lighthearted sense, and in a kind of instructive sense too, as royals and famous people are all human and they go through a variety of human emotions (that we all do), despite their living very public, larger-than-life existences.

It's kind of funny to feel like I know Harry just from seeing him grow up from afar from the time he was born. Of course, I don't actually know Harry or truly understand what his life is like. I feel for him having lost his mother at such a young age, and also for having to live in such a fishbowl. But on the other hand, there are numerous perks that come with being a British royal. I'm vicariously happy for Harry that he has found someone like Meghan. I never knew who Meghan was until the dating news broke in November (because I don't watch a lot of tv). Ever since, I have been interested in reading about Meghan, and I've also checked out Suits, which I find to be a fun, well written, well-acted and well-produced show. From checking out videos, interviews, articles, Meghan's site The Tig, and her Instagram, I have become very impressed with Meghan. If Harry does win Meghan as his life partner, he will be extremely fortunate IMHO.

The VF article mentions that some of the wedding guests joked with Meghan and Harry that they will be next. Apparently, over the course of their relationship, Meghan was already introduced to many of Harry's friends in his inner circle. And reportedly Inskip's bride, Lara Hughes-Young has become close to Meghan, as has Guy Pelly's wife, Lizzy Wilson (an American heiress -- her Grandfather founded Holiday Inn).

The 'friend' who supposedly offered these revelations to VF, also mentions that at first there was a 'cultural divide,' and that 'Skippy and co.,' possess "a unique and often rude sense of humor, so it took Meghan awhile to get used to them, and vice versa." I have to laugh at that, because we don't know if this is accurate. Possibly it's true, and if so, it's nothing out of the ordinary. The 'friend' also mentions that 'Skippy and co,' "joke about some of Meghan's New age philosophies." If true, I would imagine that the joking is all in fun. I think Harry's friends could probably learn something and benefit in ways they don't realize from adopting some of Meghan's so-called 'New age philosophies.' If Harry smokes, hopefully Meghan might eventually be able to encourage him to quit for his own good health's sake. Since Meghan seems gung-ho on a healthy lifestyle, I would be surprised if she's a smoker!

The main thing I wonder about and question in the VF article is the implication that Harry's friends had to be 'won over.' I should think that as in any relationship, the 'winning over' of each respective partner's friends is mutual and goes both ways. Meghan is special in her own right or Harry would not have gone out of his way to pursue her, nor would he appear as comfortable and in love with her as he's been showing. From everything I've read and seen about Meghan, she seems very down-to-earth, kind, stylish, classy, smart, confident, articulate, funny, hard-working, a foodie, and a go-getter who is eager to experience fun adventures and the good things in life, as well as committed to giving back to others. Meghan's lifestyle website and her Instagram are filled with happy energy and positive inspiration.

Obviously, these are just my impressions of Meghan based on reading things she has written, viewing her entertaining Instagram pics, and enjoying her lifestyle blog posts, in addition to reading articles about her published before she met Harry, seeing her U.N. speech and viewing her many interviews on Youtube (Today Show, Larry King, Good Housekeeping, Suits-related Q&As, photo shoots, Reitmans promos, etc.) It is very unusual for there to be so much public information already out there about one of the Brit Royals' girlfriends. That's part of what makes this relationship so intriguing, and not the least of it being that the majority of everything out there about Meghan is so positive and engaging.
__________________
  #4445  
Old 03-06-2017, 01:13 AM
HRHHermione's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 2,913




I couldn't agree more! I read her essay for Elle and looked back at her public profile and didn't find a thing that made me think she's anything less than a smart, confident woman with a lot of smarts and compassion. Her essay about her biracial identity was particularly amazing. I shared it with a friend whose daughter is biracial and who is having a similarly difficult time figuring out how to navigate that, and I can't help but think how much it would mean to that little girl to see a woman with a family that looks like hers become a princess. Watching that wedding would be very special.

I hope they go the distance. I think she'd be an amazing addition to the family- another smart, down to earth woman with strong values.
__________________
  #4446  
Old 03-06-2017, 01:57 AM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 3,283
I feel this needs a response, just because.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Why do so many people insist Harry is angry.
I don't know, but it's their prerogative, wouldn't you say? It's a discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
He looks serious at times but then so to most people.
Not really. Some people's face-in-repose can be pleasant. Anyway, he was 'serious' at an event at which one would think he'd be convivial. Plus with his lady-love. All reasons to be smiling and nodding, etc. But of course he can be serious, too. No one's denying that. I think we're all just having a bit of fun, not so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Others intimate that he drank more champagne than he should.
Well, okay, this was me, or it was in my post. I was reporting what a friend was surmising. It was my male compadre who suggested Harry was drink-soaked (a bit) since Harry has a certain 'look' when he has imbibed. Good point, I thought, so I passed it along (maybe I shouldn't have). Seemed a reasonable surmise given the venue. I'm not saying he was drunk, only that drink makes him 'like that', like he was in the pictures. Haven't you noticed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
How do you know this.
Well, I don't. Didn't say I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
The continual harping on Harry being irate
Oh. You don't sound happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Personally I believe none of the abve, but Harry's "anger" is, by dint of sheer repetition, now an accepted thing. Harry was p****d as per usual and this will be followed by the usual accusations of him having drunk too much and acting "entitled", that he should grow up, stop drinking and accept the press are part of his life, etc. ad nauseum, all because of something that didn't even happen.
Good points. But I am a bit puzzled as this thread (as most threads) are all breezy speculation. If the speculation is bothersome to the point of real anger, is it worth reading to begin with? Wondering about that, because on the whole most posters (except for a few here and there occasionally) seem to be pretty benign and genuinely interested in a good way. JMO.
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
  #4447  
Old 03-06-2017, 02:02 AM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 3,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 View Post
Daily Fail is a laugh riot.

The publications in England and across the pond in U.S. are apparently having a field day re this latest Meghan/ Harry sighting.

There's an interesting Vanity Fair article (which I'm unable to link, but everyone can easily locate online). The VF article quotes comments supposedly from 'friends' who also attended the Inskip wedding. It's always speculative when unnamed 'friends' are quoted, so as with anything, take with a grain of salt. I think of this all in a lighthearted sense, and in a kind of instructive sense too, as royals and famous people are all human and they go through a variety of human emotions (that we all do), despite their living very public, larger-than-life existences.

It's kind of funny to feel like I know Harry just from seeing him grow up from afar from the time he was born. Of course, I don't actually know Harry or truly understand what his life is like. I feel for him having lost his mother at such a young age, and also for having to live in such a fishbowl. But on the other hand, there are numerous perks that come with being a British royal. I'm vicariously happy for Harry that he has found someone like Meghan. I never knew who Meghan was until the dating news broke in November (because I don't watch a lot of tv). Ever since, I have been interested in reading about Meghan, and I've also checked out Suits, which I find to be a fun, well written, well-acted and well-produced show. From checking out videos, interviews, articles, Meghan's site The Tig, and her Instagram, I have become very impressed with Meghan. If Harry does win Meghan as his life partner, he will be extremely fortunate IMHO.

The VF article mentions that some of the wedding guests joked with Meghan and Harry that they will be next. Apparently, over the course of their relationship, Meghan was already introduced to many of Harry's friends in his inner circle. And reportedly Inskip's bride, Lara Hughes-Young has become close to Meghan, as has Guy Pelly's wife, Lizzy Wilson (an American heiress -- her Grandfather founded Holiday Inn).

The 'friend' who supposedly offered these revelations to VF, also mentions that at first there was a 'cultural divide,' and that 'Skippy and co.,' possess "a unique and often rude sense of humor, so it took Meghan awhile to get used to them, and vice versa." I have to laugh at that, because we don't know if this is accurate. Possibly it's true, and if so, it's nothing out of the ordinary. The 'friend' also mentions that 'Skippy and co,' "joke about some of Meghan's New age philosophies." If true, I would imagine that the joking is all in fun. I think Harry's friends could probably learn something and benefit in ways they don't realize from adopting some of Meghan's so-called 'New age philosophies.' If Harry smokes, hopefully Meghan might eventually be able to encourage him to quit for his own good health's sake. Since Meghan seems gung-ho on a healthy lifestyle, I would be surprised if she's a smoker!

The main thing I wonder about and question in the VF article is the implication that Harry's friends had to be 'won over.' I should think that as in any relationship, the 'winning over' of each respective partner's friends is mutual and goes both ways. Meghan is special in her own right or Harry would not have gone out of his way to pursue her, nor would he appear as comfortable and in love with her as he's been showing. From everything I've read and seen about Meghan, she seems very down-to-earth, kind, stylish, classy, smart, confident, articulate, funny, hard-working, a foodie, and a go-getter who is eager to experience fun adventures and the good things in life, as well as committed to giving back to others. Meghan's lifestyle website and her Instagram are filled with happy energy and positive inspiration.

Obviously, these are just my impressions of Meghan based on reading things she has written, viewing her entertaining Instagram pics, and enjoying her lifestyle blog posts, in addition to reading articles about her published before she met Harry, seeing her U.N. speech and viewing her many interviews on Youtube (Today Show, Larry King, Good Housekeeping, Suits-related Q&As, photo shoots, Reitmans promos, etc.) It is very unusual for there to be so much public information already out there about one of the Brit Royals' girlfriends. That's part of what makes this relationship so intriguing, and not the least of it being that the majority of everything out there about Meghan is so positive and engaging.
Thank you for this summary, MaiaMia. Vanity Fair is a decent magazine. Their sources tend to be pretty impeccable. I will be interested to read the article.
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
  #4448  
Old 03-06-2017, 02:09 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2,554
Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

So agree LN I said to me he looked upset in the photo and Meghan was being very caring. And boy did I get in trouble for saying that Yes I didn't see the whole scene etc etc but it was MO Sometimes it's not worth having an opinion or at lest posting it. I'm totally over the relationship.
__________________
  #4449  
Old 03-06-2017, 04:14 AM
xenobia's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Near the artic circle, Sweden
Posts: 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
We have to remember also that they were outdoors and the weather in Jamaica is quite warm with above average humidity. As the couple were outdoors, its very possible that Harry was simply feeling the heat.
I was there around this time last year and.. yes. It's very hot and humid. You get dehydrated if you don't drink enough water. Alcohol gets to you even faster if you're a bit dehydrated, so you have to watch out there, royal or not. Just sayin'.
__________________
  #4450  
Old 03-06-2017, 05:48 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: st. paul, United States
Posts: 1,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
I feel this needs a response, just because.



I don't know, but it's their prerogative, wouldn't you say? It's a discussion.



Not really. Some people's face-in-repose can be pleasant. Anyway, he was 'serious' at an event at which one would think he'd be convivial. Plus with his lady-love. All reasons to be smiling and nodding, etc. But of course he can be serious, too. No one's denying that. I think we're all just having a bit of fun, not so?



Well, okay, this was me, or it was in my post. I was reporting what a friend was surmising. It was my male compadre who suggested Harry was drink-soaked (a bit) since Harry has a certain 'look' when he has imbibed. Good point, I thought, so I passed it along (maybe I shouldn't have). Seemed a reasonable surmise given the venue. I'm not saying he was drunk, only that drink makes him 'like that', like he was in the pictures. Haven't you noticed?



Well, I don't. Didn't say I did.



Oh. You don't sound happy.



Good points. But I am a bit puzzled as this thread (as most threads) are all breezy speculation. If the speculation is bothersome to the point of real anger, is it worth reading to begin with? Wondering about that, because on the whole most posters (except for a few here and there occasionally) seem to be pretty benign and genuinely interested in a good way. JMO.

I get where you're coming from. I agree that Harry looks oddly dour in some of the photos I've seen, but there could be a million reasons for this. It likely has nothing to do with his +1.

That being said, if Harry and Meghan split in the near future, I'm sure these photos will be referenced in a "We should of seen it coming!" sort of way. .

My general view, I don't buy that Harry bringing Meghan as his +1 means there's an engagement right around the corner. But it's a nice milestone for them, and shows they are making effort to develop the relationship to further levels. It will be interesting to see what their next step will be. Meghan watching Harry play polo? The two attending a sporting match together?
__________________
  #4451  
Old 03-06-2017, 07:00 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
So agree LN I said to me he looked upset in the photo and Meghan was being very caring. And boy did I get in trouble for saying that Yes I didn't see the whole scene etc etc but it was MO Sometimes it's not worth having an opinion or at lest posting it. I'm totally over the relationship.
I would agree that in some of the photos he looks upset to me. My speculation is that there are too many paps around and it might be taking away the fun for a lot of guests? I've seen some of the beach pictures of Harry without Meghan, and it looks like he's pointing to the sky, perhaps there are helicopters too. At times it looks as if he is throwing his hands up in frustration. And in some of the pictures at the wedding with Meghan it seems as if they can see photographers or flashes. Just speculation by me, either way I do hope that they can enjoy themselves.
__________________
  #4452  
Old 03-06-2017, 07:26 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Somewhere in, United Kingdom
Posts: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
So agree LN I said to me he looked upset in the photo and Meghan was being very caring. And boy did I get in trouble for saying that Yes I didn't see the whole scene etc etc but it was MO Sometimes it's not worth having an opinion or at lest posting it. I'm totally over the relationship.
How did you get in trouble, if I may ask. To me it looks like there's nice conversation going, people giving their 5 pennies worth. Not everyone thought he looked upset, some thought they looked relaxed, and some thought he looked angry or upset. It's nice to read different opinions, and ideas, at least to me it is.

Back to the couple in question, I wonder how long they'll stay in Jamaica, and if we'll get more pictures.
__________________
  #4453  
Old 03-06-2017, 08:49 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 4,912
I think the Sunday Times had a photographer actually in the resort grounds after the wedding. Meghan's Mirror retweeted this.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MeghansMi...44101010698240
__________________
  #4454  
Old 03-06-2017, 11:05 AM
Empress Merel's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: -, Netherlands
Posts: 2,029
The paps were there and hundred shots were probably taken. Seems pretty convenient to only publish the photos that support the narrative that suits the media the best.
__________________
  #4455  
Old 03-06-2017, 12:09 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Nashville, United States
Posts: 296
I honestly think there is way too much over analyzing of these pics BUT I am happy that we have pics to analyze, at least.

At the end of the day, the only thing we know for sure is that Harry and Meghan are together and serious enough to make a "semi public" debut at his close friend's wedding. But from that, I think it's safe to assume that Harry is very much satisfied in this relationship, even if he doesn't look happy in some of the pics (which I don't agree with but I respect others right to disagree).
__________________
  #4456  
Old 03-06-2017, 12:49 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Washington DC, United States
Posts: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbigail View Post
I honestly think there is way too much over analyzing of these pics BUT I am happy that we have pics to analyze, at least.

At the end of the day, the only thing we know for sure is that Harry and Meghan are together and serious enough to make a "semi public" debut at his close friend's wedding. But from that, I think it's safe to assume that Harry is very much satisfied in this relationship, even if he doesn't look happy in some of the pics (which I don't agree with but I respect others right to disagree).
Thank you!! These pictures prove they are in a relationship. It's very serious! And Harry is happy. That should be enough. All this analyzing is a waste of time.
__________________
  #4457  
Old 03-06-2017, 01:52 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Tennessee, United States
Posts: 300
I don't know about you guys, but I've never made it all the way through a long wedding reception talking only about the wedding and happy-fun-party-times. There's always a conversation or two that takes a serious turn, and I sure don't keep a big grin pasted on my face when a friend I haven't seen in a while talks about her bad breakup or tells me about the time her mother spent in the hospital.

I'm surprised to see that Harry and Meghan sat at a table out on the edge of the party, though, given that those would probably have the most unobstructed view for the photographers. Maybe we have so few photos because Harry realized pretty quickly what mistake they'd made and then suggested they move farther in towards the center of the party.
__________________
  #4458  
Old 03-06-2017, 02:40 PM
Angel.10's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Rome, Italy
Posts: 108
Before said they had finished in December, now they say that body language says Harry is not interested in her. It is so much envy and so much poison that it causes fear. Why would Harry stay with a woman who he was not interested?
__________________
  #4459  
Old 03-06-2017, 02:51 PM
MaiaMia_53's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 427
I don't think there's too much over-analyzing. I think most people here are sharing varying impressions that first come to mind and having a lighthearted discussion about it all because we enjoy following the British Royals, and William and Harry in particular. I know that's why I'm here.

It may pay not to become too judgmental and overly defensive about varying opinions and comments. Of course, I do agree there is some contingent of the public out there who are cluelessly vicious and negative in their commentary which appears to stem from irate and unaccountable jealousy of Meghan & Harry and/ or unhappiness and dissatisfaction with their own lives. But I don't see too much of those type of over the top views being expressed here.

I think it's cool that Princes William and Harry have grown up to be such fine and caring human beings. They had a wonderful mother who gave them joy and unconditional love, and I believe that has made a huge difference in their lives. Of course both their mother and their father, Charles, the Prince of Wales, have been important to them. Charles has clearly been a very loving and engaged father. It seems certain that William and Harry take many positive characteristics from their father, in terms of his innate sensitivities about doing good in the world (despite his more rigid and old-fashioned upbringing). It has got to be a difficult balance as a young British Royal to try and remain as humble as possible, and try to live a life of meaning and purpose, and be able to relax and have a bit of fun too, while living in a fishbowl. No one is perfect. We all have our failings. Trying to strike a harmonious balance in life while growing up with everything you do being publicly scrutinized to the nth degree has got to be a heavy burden to bear. I don't begrudge William and Harry any of their perks in life.

All power to William and Harry as they continue to strive to live full and happy lives while giving back to others, and reserving the right to preserve their privacy and protect their loved ones.
__________________
  #4460  
Old 03-06-2017, 03:01 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 5,969
The DM has called in body language experts to get to the bottom of all this

Quote:
They've been dating for less than a year with royal insiders hinting they could be next to walk up the aisle.

But according to a leading body language expert, there could be trouble in store for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle based on pictures of them at a friend's wedding last week.
Read more: Prince Harry and Meghan look 'awkward' says Judi James | Daily Mail Online
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
archduchess marie astrid beatrice (1986- ) birthday birthday celebration carl gustaf chris o'neill crown princess mary crown princess victoria current events denmark duke of york earl of snowdon family general news hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume infanta cristina infanta leonor infanta sofia iñaki urdangarín king felipe king felipe vi king philippe king willem-alexander letizia liechtenstein meme monarchy news pablo urdangarín pieter van vollenhoven portugal prince alexander prince carl philip prince daniel prince felix prince gabriel prince harry prince nicholas prince oscar princess beatrice princess claire of luxembourg princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess margaretha of luxembourg princess mary fashion princess mary style princess of asturias princess sofia princess victoria queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen maxima queen silvia rohan family romania spanish jewels spanish state visit to japan state visit stephanie sweden swedish royal family the duchess of cambridge casual wear uae nature victoria



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:29 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises