Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's just her dad's family she's estranged from. She still has family on her mothers side & I believe her maternal grandmother is still alive. It would also look kinda weird to have her mom & dad as her only family at the wedding while the Windors are represented in large in numbers!

The Markle family went out of their way to court publicity purely out of greed, spite & jealousy. They invited the media into their home so they were not coerced into it. Her mother's family on the other hand haven't said a word. Unlike the Markles they haven't sold stories to the media & have kept a dignified silence.

True do not paint her mother's side or her father(who has remained quiet) with the same tawdry brush of the half brother and sister. The irony of it all was when the DM looked to attack her family the tried to call the mother's side gangsters.

Of course not, and as wyevale wrote, there is NO such bar.

And there you said it.

The Spencers used to call their stepmother acid Raine and fought with her regarding selling the family's priceless art work.

Harry's back and has a joint engagement tomorrow with The Queen.

He was not on safari, he was doing follow up to the elephant conservation project he started last summer.

Last edited by a moderator:
The BRF isn't any better than any other family when it comes to family drama/dysfunction.

LaRae

These people can forget getting invited to the wedding if there is one.:ohmy:

When will the madness stop?! Harry & Meghan have only been dating for roughly a year and already a tv show is being made on her life? What utter rubbish! Harry is now 5th in line to the throne & his wife won't be queen so why is this even necessary? This just stinks of desperation & opportunism on behalf of channel 4 who have commissioned the programme. The show will probably contain the same crap & misinformation already out there & interviews from estranged family members on her father's trashy side of the family whom Meghan hasn't spoken to in years.

No wonder Harry has found it hard to find a spouse. The media just make it virtually impossible for any woman he dates by creating a feverish environment. With Meghan in particular there seems to be an effort to try to discredit her in every way.

If Harry and Meghan's relationship can survive all of this and they make it to the altar, I think they will have a strong marriage.

:previous: Right, Serena won't be at Wimbledon this year. Meghan might still attend a few Wimbledon matches, who knows. It would be something if both Meghan and Harry show up one day in the royal box at Wimby. :wave:

I doubt that Harry is at all interested in tennis though. Young Prince William attended Wimbledon with his mother Diana on a memorable occasion. And William and Kate attended Wimbledon together sometime after their marriage.
I know that Meghan has attended Wimbledon in the past before dating Prince Harry. If she and Harry get married, it would be awesome to see her and Kate attend together.

I don't think someone should be allowed into the RF only if they come from an ideal family. No one should be treated as inferior if they didn't have perfect family dynamics.
The Royal Family definitely has not had an ideal family, so I don't see it as being a problem. They put the dis in disfunction during the 80's and 90's :)

Speaking of wedding guests, now we have a real conundrum. Most likely the Trudeaus will be issued an invitation. Will they be seated as friends of the bride or with the officials and dignitaries? :D

It actually is kind of silly to be drawing up a guest list at this point but I guess that's all part of the fun speculation as to where this romance is going. As far as inviting the Markle side of the family, for all we know, Meghan could have a very forgiving nature and not feel right leaving them out. If anyone could understand the public and the press and 15 minutes of fame, I think Meghan would.

As someone has pointed out, with all that crap being flung at Meghan and about Meghan since the relationship has gone public, if she was able to stand the heat and handle it with grace and dignity, she'll be more than prepared to jump into the fire hand in hand with Harry.

Something just struck me: what might be Harry's marriage prospects if he enters a period of serious negative press? Think about it. Would anyone marry him in that kind of firestorm? If the prospects of married life with Harry were a continual barrage of negative press because that was the way the tabloids/public were feeling about Harry and anyone connected with him? :cool: Hmmm....

IMO, if a woman was to base her relationship with Harry based on what the press is saying negatively, that person isn't the right person for Harry. Harry needs a partner in life that will give meaning to the part of the vows that state "for better or worse".

IMO, if a woman was to base her relationship with Harry based on what the press is saying negatively, that person isn't the right person for Harry. Harry needs a partner in life that will give meaning to the part of the vows that state "for better or worse".

You are talking about true love. ;) For himself he would be loved. You are an idealist. But I think that's unrealistic.

If someone has had a pretty benign experience in the public eye, would one risk a lifetime of angst because one is 'in love'? I'm not so sure. What would the lives of one's children (if any) be like? It's something to think about imo. Could be a deal breaker.

You are talking about true love. ;) For himself he would be loved. You are an idealist. But I think that's unrealistic.

If someone has had a pretty benign experience in the public eye, would one risk a lifetime of angst because one is 'in love'? I'm not so sure. What would the lives of one's children (if any) be like? It's something to think about imo. Could be a deal breaker.

There are so many negatives to dating Harry even before any press, that I don't think the possibility of negative press is the most pressing issue. Eg with meghan, her estranged family aren't going away, and their shamelessness seems to have very little boundaries. The 24/7 security, never being able to be alone. The inability to speak of your own real opinions in public. The endless scrutiny. All this, IMO, would come way before any press, and if his love interest could handle all that, the possibility of negative press wouldn't look like such a deal breaker.

There are so many negatives to dating Harry even before any press, that I don't think the possibility of negative press is the most pressing issue. Eg with meghan, her estranged family aren't going away, and their shamelessness seems to have very little boundaries. The 24/7 security, never being able to be alone. The inability to speak of your own real opinions in public. The endless scrutiny. All this, IMO, would come way before any press, and if his love interest could handle all that, the possibility of negative press wouldn't look like such a deal breaker.

I'm thinking of a royal who garners contempt or disdain from the public/press. I am watching how things can turn in an (apparent) eyeblink. Is there anything sane and healthy about entering all that willingly? :sad:

I don't think Meghan is some little innocent who would be shocked by negative attention on Harry (and there have been periods, the Nazi uniform thing, Las Vegas, where the press attention has been negative for him and he's bounced back from that and is still popular.) She has after all been in a very hard industry since her early twenties and knows how the media works.

If Meghan was going to be put off by what the British tabloid press say she wouldn't be in London with Harry at this time. She would no doubt be scuttling in the opposite direction, fast.

Last edited:
I'm thinking of a royal who garners contempt or disdain from the public/press. I am watching how things can turn in an (apparent) eyeblink. Is there anything sane and healthy about entering all that willingly? :sad:

I get what you're saying. I'm just thinking, that there are so many bigger deal breakers much closer to home, that negative press and public disdain. They're not daily concerns, or even weekly. The press/public can be turned around. But the 24/7 security is huge, IMO. There simply isn't any privacy, never. I wouldn't doubt the sanity of a person willing to go through all that, it just might not phase that person as much as others.

If Meghan was going to be scared away by pressure and bad press, they would not have lasted this long. Or even started. She is no Diana, not a doe eyed nineteen year old with seemingly little idea what she faced. Meghan knew what she would face. If the scrutiny and criticism was a killing point for her, she'd not have moved on with him.

She is 35. She is not some young college grad who is going to try and make it work and hope it gets better. She knew the realities going in. If she didn't think she could handle it, or not willing to, she'd not waste her time on this either.

Just like, if she wasn't looking at marriage and kids, she'd not have. At this stage in life, you look for a person with the same goals. Not just to have fun.

I don't think Meghan is some little innocent who would be shocked by negative attention on Harry (and there have been periods, the Nazi uniform thing, Las Vegas, where the press attention has been negative for him and he's bounced back from that and is still popular.) She has after all been in a very hard industry since her early twenties and knows how the media works.

Press as an actor does not 'work' like the way it 'works' in Britain around royalty. That's unique in my view. :sad:

If Meghan was going to be put off by what the media says she wouldn't be in London with Harry at this time. She would no doubt be scuttling in the opposite direction, fast.

Well, they are dating, not engaged, not married. Long ways until that. IMO. We'll see.

Last edited:

You really think that Harry's going ot have trouble finding a partner because of some negative press, wihc is the case with all members of the RF. Anyone marrying into the RF has to develop a certain amount of thick skin, if they don't want to be continualy upset by the press... And sicne you don't believe in "true love", why Wouldn't many or most women find the perks of royal life enough to overcome the negative side of it?

I am sorry you feel that way, but being involved with any member of any royal family the negative media is part and parcel of their lives all the time. We here have witnessed all the drama of all members of the BRF and they have survived all of it. I am sure that Meghan is a very mature adult who understands the media very well by being in the entertainment industry which is a plus for her and Harry.

On top of that, other than Diana, the members of the BRF have gotten into the habit of not paying attention to what's in the tabloid press and have staff that inform them of anything they'd really need to know from the reputable press.

Charles has stated often that he doesn't read the papers.

Hello all, first post here!

Meghan is in London right now according to the DM. Does anyone think that means she will be attending the private ceremony for Diana tomorrow?

If so, I think it'll be a pretty big sign of the seriousness of this relationship, and that an engagement is coming soon.

Meghan is in London right now according to the DM. Does anyone think that means she will be attending the private ceremony for Diana tomorrow?

If so, I think it'll be a pretty big sign of the seriousness of this relationship, and that an engagement is coming soon.

We won't know if she will attend the service tomorrow, because it's not an event where media will be present and no pictures provided. So, Meghan's presence would be pure speculation and debate. If she attends, it would be out of support for Harry and his family.

If Meghan was going to be scared away by pressure and bad press, they would not have lasted this long. Or even started. She is no Diana, not a doe eyed nineteen year old with seemingly little idea what she faced. Meghan knew what she would face. If the scrutiny and criticism was a killing point for her, she'd not have moved on with him.

She is 35. She is not some young college grad who is going to try and make it work and hope it gets better. She knew the realities going in. If she didn't think she could handle it, or not willing to, she'd not waste her time on this either.

Just like, if she wasn't looking at marriage and kids, she'd not have. At this stage in life, you look for a person with the same goals. Not just to have fun.

Yep.

LaRae

Welcome to the board!

I myself am wondering about it...Wimbledon is something she's attended in the past so she could be here for that along with a visit to Harry....we will likely never know if she goes to the private service for Diana....it's intriguing to think about though because if she did go, well that is a big indicator right there of what's coming.

LaRae

Hi Xara and welcome to TRF.

As Dman has stated, what happens at the memorial for Diana on July 1st and who attends will not be made public. All we really know is that Meghan caught a flight to London. We don't even know for certain if she'll see Harry while there but its a pretty good bet to think they're together.

This is a couple that do take every opportunity it seems to be able to see each other while not allowing their commitments elsewhere to suffer. They also have become masters of eluding the press and the public glare when they are together knowing that nothing would please a tabloid reporter more than being able to get a "scoop" on this couple.

They may be already engaged. An engagement may be imminent. An engagement may be something that won't happen for a year or more. We won't know until they make a public announcement. I'm half expecting to wake up early one morning, log in here and find they've called the press to Kensington Palace for an announcement like they did with William and Kate's engagement in November of 2010. I remember that morning like it was yesterday. :D

..... I'm half expecting to wake up early one morning, log in here and find they've called the press to Kensington Palace for an announcement like they did with William and Kate's engagement in November of 2010. I remember that morning like it was yesterday. :D

LOL I have had that same thought!

LaRae

That was one exciting morning indeed. Even my fingers was too excited to type my congratulations. I suspect the same feelings will be involved for tnis couple.

Yeps! Here too! I think the members here that weren't here at that time should be prepared to log in, read whats going on, take a break to get a cup of coffee and a snack and come back here to find that there's three new pages of posts to read. That'll be the way of things then, most likely, until a week after the wedding actually happens. We'll have so much to talk about as then the relationship between Meghan and Harry will be very, very public. :D

A shame we are all over the place geographically, wouldn't it be fun to get together and watch the next wedding???

LaRae

Preferably in Westminster Abbey or wherever the wedding would take place. ;)

During Will and Kate's wedding I was watching the events itself while also continually glued to TRF too. We can all be together virtually over cyberspace.

I don't expect Harry's wedding to be too much different from William's except maybe a bit less "royal" and maybe on a smaller scale. I'd really love to see it happen sooner rather than later because I do get the gut feeling that Harry and Meghan have found something very strong between the two of them and that they can make something that lasts as a partnership for the rest of their lives.

Then again, I'm not holding my breath because I can remember buying into a fairy tale match made in heaven that was a disaster. Take it as it comes I guess.

HA..maybe if we start appealing to them now (surely they read the forum??) we will get an invite???? Wouldn't that be something!

Yep, did the same thing for W&K lol post and watch!

IF they marry (and I have the same feeling about it you do), I think it will be a lower key event....Meghan has been married before, both of them are well past 30 and it doesn't seem either one of them are 'splashy'.

LaRae

Being further away from the crown also gives Harry more leeway into having the kind of wedding he prefers. It'll still be a big deal as its definitely a royal wedding but I think we'll see more elements of a laid back nature to it.

One thing for sure, once the announcement hits the fan, Meghan most definitely would have or be in the process of setting up permanent residence in the UK. Another aspect that she'll have to deal with is the relocation of her fur babies to their new home. Interesting what she'll have to comply with.

United Kingdom Pet Passport - Current Dog and Cat Import Requirements

Yes I would expect a more relaxed type of wedding. I'm sure he'll wear his military uniform ..but I am not convinced he'll marry in one of the big Churches.

Our son just transferred a few months ago to Germany with his wife and 2 dogs ..they have pretty similar requirements. It wasn't any big deal really, all seemed to go smoothly.

So assuming it all goes to plan...I would guess she would move in (quietly) with Harry at his current home (after engagement announced).

LaRae

I think that'll be the way of it too. Times sure have changed. I seriously don't see Meghan being holed up at Clarence House or Buckingham Palace (which'll probably be under renovation anyways) like in the days of yore. I can see Harry and Meghan being free to plan the wedding they want without even as much "requirements" that William had.

We'll see what happens but its all definitely something to hope for and look forward to.

Yeah didn't Kate more or less live with William prior to the wedding?

I think any requirements would be almost non-existent outside any Church ones that need to be observed.

Fingers crossed for the next year or so!

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom