The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2017, 03:23 PM
Courtier

Well, if he's stupid enough to marry her it'll become his own mistake....
He never had a proper feeling for a woman who fits for him IMO-and he never will!
Maybe this is one reason why Wills married this boring Katie: He might have been afraid to end up like Harry....

Old 02-19-2017, 03:58 PM
Heir Apparent

I think first and foremost, whether you are Royal or not, a person who fits for you is someone you love desperately, can't live without, and is someone you have good times with and empathy for, with plenty of common interests.

There is absolutely no evidence that Harry wasn't serious in that way with his long time love Chelsy Davy, or with Cressida Bonas. They 'fitted'. The romances didn't work out for various reasons. That's life!

We can't all meet someone at university and then date for eight years. Harry was committed to Chelsy through several of those early years of William and Kate's courtship anyway, till 2009 in fact, so there would be no need for William to feel the way that you assert.

Plenty of people fall in love, think that he/she is 'the one' and then break up, at all stages of life. It's not some sort of moral failing to be single into your 30's! If Harry and Meghan are together, are serious about each other and committed, I can't see that others should be casting aspersions on him or her. None of us know them personally.

Old 02-19-2017, 04:12 PM
Commoner

He is just 32, too young for marriage,.
Old 02-19-2017, 04:38 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
One of the universal truths is that life is change. People that are very well suited to each other, love each other and seem like the "fairy tale couple" can and often do find that as the years roll by, they change and grow in separate directions or they grow together. I know this from experience. I divorced after 20 years of marriage. We grew apart and went in separate directions. It couldn't have been foreseen on the day of our wedding.

Marriage takes work and commitment and being able to compromise. The wedding is the celebration of a promise to do their best to do just that. Even in the most mature of commitments, the promises made at the wedding never guarantees happily ever after. Its the marriage itself that prevails over the years through ups and downs and trials and failures and those "I don't like you much right now" days.

None of us can really know or even begin to understand what the emotions, the little things that go bump in the night or the crazy little idiosyncrasies that either Meghan or Harry have nor can we know for certain just how well they "fit" with each other as that's something they're very careful to not let the public be privy to. We hardly even catch a glimpse of them together. How can we really pass judgment on the very little that we do know?

Relationships and marriages do not come with a step by step instruction book on how to guarantee a successful union with a money back guarantee if it doesn't work.
Old 02-19-2017, 05:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

I just have a bad feeling about this couple don't see a happy ever. I think because a royal marriage is so much more than just being "madly in love ". It's a life time of working for your in-laws , doing what your told, being on show every time you step out the door etc etc it takes more than being "in love ". As the children of the Queens 3 out of 4 royal marriages not lasting shows. Anyway JMO as I'm not into fairytales
Old 02-19-2017, 05:16 PM
Nobility

Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

I just can't see this relationship go all the way. I do think she is the wrong choice on so many levels.
IF they do get married, I won't lose sleep over it and wish them all the best.
But I think (and hope) a wedding is still a long way off.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van The Royals Community
Old 02-19-2017, 05:29 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberG View Post
William was 28 when he married.

I am so glad that Harry is the person that he is!

In spite of all of you here, in Britain and everywhere else. He is going EXACTLY what he wants and tell the rest of you to gotta hell. He pretty said that in his KP statement as well!!
Old 02-19-2017, 05:52 PM
Majesty

Oh my virgin ears!
Old 02-19-2017, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Since when was 32 too young?
Old 02-19-2017, 06:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectator View Post
Since when was 32 too young?
Thank you for making me laugh !!!! How right you are !!!!
Old 02-19-2017, 06:17 PM
Majesty

Come to think of it, when I was 32, I'd been married 11 years and had 3 kids by that time.
Old 02-19-2017, 06:26 PM
Commoner

Hi all, I'm new to this forum! I've been lurking for quite a while, but now I'm excited to join the fun.

I'm still trying to understand how 32 is too young for marriage? 22, yes, but 32?
Old 02-19-2017, 06:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
That's up to the person getting married (or not) to decide. Really not for others to determine.

LaRae
Old 02-19-2017, 06:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Come to think of it, when I was 32, I'd been married 11 years and had 3 kids by that time.

By 32 I had 3 children and had been married 11 years also! Still married to the same guy almost 29 years now.

LaRae
Old 02-19-2017, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrik-Jan77 View Post
I just can't see this relationship go all the way. I do think she is the wrong choice on so many levels.
IF they do get married, I won't lose sleep over it and wish them all the best.
But I think (and hope) a wedding is still a long way off.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van The Royals Community
OK.Why is she the wrong choice and who do you deem to/would be right?
Old 02-19-2017, 06:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Perhaps people should calm down a bit here.

Take a visit to the 80th Birthday Thread of King Harald and Queen Sonja and read about Norway's beloved King and Queen instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanie View Post
Well, if he's stupid enough to marry her it'll become his own mistake....
He never had a proper feeling for a woman who fits for him IMO-and he never will!
Maybe this is one reason why Wills married this boring Katie: He might have been afraid to end up like Harry....
1. How do you know that?

2 She's not boring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Observer7 View Post
I am so glad that Harry is the person that he is!

In spite of all of you here, in Britain and everywhere else. He is going EXACTLY what he wants and tell the rest of you to gotta hell. He pretty said that in his KP statement as well!!
Harry is not an ordinary person and the woman he marries will be a member of the British royal family. And therefore we must respect that people have different opinions.

Some like this relationship, others does not.
Old 02-19-2017, 07:50 PM
Super Moderator

Let's move on from the debate about what age people should be married - it is irrelevant to the topic of the thread. The same goes with regard to the character and personality of other members of the Royal Family - we don't need to compare Prince Harry's current girlfriend with his sister-in-law.
Old 02-19-2017, 07:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

Nice public outing would help change the conversation, lol.

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-19-2017, 07:57 PM
Heir Apparent

If they continue dating we'll see them out an about again eventually. I find it quite amusing that they are so good and staying under the radar. I love seeing the media get a spike in their wheel.

LaRae
Old 02-19-2017, 10:10 PM
Nobility

I think the phrase booty call to describe this relationship is mute especially since the Prince himself has called her his girlfriend. If he wanted a booty call I'm sure he had plenty less expensive options in London that do not require a plane ticket and hours of travel.

Closed Thread