Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are many actresses and actors who have anxiety disorders and shyness and who can perform on stage but not socialize very well.
As for Meghan's career, she's not Scarlett Johanssen; it's not like she has offers banging on her door.

Last edited:
I dunno...there are Jewish kids who have gone to Catholic schools because it is considered to be a better education and more controlled/better environment etc.

She married on a beach the first time...so if Jewish, not Orthodox I wouldn't think.

IIRC in Judaism that is tracked thru the maternal line, if your mom is Jewish you are considered Jewish.

LaRae

Meghan's half sister was commenting on twitter about the tabloid stories claiming that her dad and Meghan are Jewish. She said the stories are rubbish and that no one in their family is Jewish, they are Episcopalian.
She also said that one of her uncles is a Greek Orthodox Bishop but since they are half sisters I don't know if that is Meghan's uncle as well.

Goodness another religion in the mix ha ha I doubt she practices any. I'm surprised the DM hasn't done a family tree

No, Meghan doesn't strike me as particularly religious.

In fact, I think the main thing that will be held against her is the fact that she has been divorced. If not for that, I think everyone would readily embrace he as part of the RF.

Her Irish roots have been discussed a number of times on the board, including by myself. Her father ethnically is Irish and Pennsylvania Dutch (German). Technically does not rule out being Jewish, as Judaism is both a religion and ethnicity. I am a German-Irish-English-Quaker Catholic but could convert to Judaism tomorrow if I chose. But it does seem the Jewish rumors are tied simply to her ex. Either way she doesn't seem very religious.

Some more information and good links here on her family roots

Meghan Markle — Ethnicity of Celebs | What Nationality Ancestry Race

Her Irish roots have been discussed a number of times on the board, including by myself. Her father ethnically is Irish and Pennsylvania Dutch (German). Technically does not rule out being Jewish, as Judaism is both a religion and ethnicity. I am a German-Irish-English-Quaker Catholic but could convert to Judaism tomorrow if I chose. But it does seem the Jewish rumors are tied simply to her ex. Either way she doesn't seem very religious.

Some more information and good links here on her family roots

Meghan Markle — Ethnicity of Celebs | What Nationality Ancestry Race

Thanks for the link, I knew her father was Dutch/Irish but I had no idea it was actually PA Dutch! I'm PA Dutch on my fathers side. My grandpa was a Mennonite pastor and grew up in the Amish faith until he was about 14, so maybe Meghan and I share some distant relatives. :p

ETA: Just to clarify, I'm Mennonite/Amish, not Meghan. The PA Dutch include a bunch of different Christian denominations, I just think it's cool our ancestors come from the same community.
Wouldn't want to accidentally start another round of tabloid stories: "Meghan Markle is Amish, can the Amish marry in Westminster Abbey?" Lolol

Last edited:
I'd say she has that one sorted by now!

LaRae

You know it has to be somewhat surreal at least at first to sit and think ...I'm dating a guy who's mother was hugely famous and quite glamorous ...if we marry my child is going to be part of a institution that has been around for hundreds and hundreds of years....my father in law will be King in a few years....and then my brother in law.

Quite a bit for anyone to process let alone someone who is raised in a different type of culture.

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:
You know it has to be somewhat surreal at least at first to sit and think ...I'm dating a guy who's mother was hugely famous and quite glamorous ...if we marry my child is going to be part of a institution that has been around for hundreds and hundreds of years....my father in law will be King in a few years....and then my brother in law.

Quite a bit for anyone to process let alone someone who is raised in a different type of culture.

LaRae

It's an extraordinary thought indeed. You have to really love a person to even think about taking on such a thing.

It's an extraordinary thought indeed. You have to really love a person to even think about taking on such a thing.

I agree. I've heard that it's been said that many girls have been put off by the fact that Harry has such a high position in the RF, but his relationship with Meghan does seem serious to me. I don't know, I just have the feeling that this one will last... we'll see.

I personally wouldn't feel comfortable marrying someone in such a high position, as charming and handsome as Harry is. I would prefer to marry into a more 'comfortable' position like Lord Snowdon; that has all the perks of being royal but less of the fame, and unfortunately, criticism that comes with it. I doubt even that will happen, as much as I dream of it, though:p

I agree. I've heard that it's been said that many girls have been put off by the fact that Harry has such a high position in the RF, but his relationship with Meghan does seem serious to me. I don't know, I just have the feeling that this one will last... we'll see.

I personally wouldn't feel comfortable marrying someone in such a high position, as charming and handsome as Harry is. I would prefer to marry into a more 'comfortable' position like Lord Snowdon; that has all the perks of being royal but less of the fame, and unfortunately, criticism that comes with it. I doubt even that will happen, as much as I dream of it, though:p

Its destiny! Our paths are already carved for us. We're just living and following. Even if this relationship don't do go the distance, Harry and Meghan were meant to cross paths.

It takes real love to be willing to take on such a life. I hope this couple really go the distance and be happy. I hope that's where the path takes them.

Yes, it would be very hard for a 'regular' person who is used to being able to come and go as they please, wearing whatever they please ..moving into a life where they will face a lot of scrutiny anytime they are in a public setting....everything about them remarked on.

Princess Anne used to get quite annoyed when the media followed her riding career ..she felt like that was a private part of her life that had nothing to do with the royal duty part....of course the media constantly waiting for her to fall off or whatever.

LaRae

Its destiny! Our paths are already carved for us. We're just living and following. Even if this relationship don't do go the distance, Harry and Meghan were meant to cross paths.

It takes real love to be willing to take on such a life. I hope this couple really go the distance and be happy. I hope that's where the path takes them.
I really think every position and situation in life has its advantages and disadventages.... in a Royal family there are of one sort, with average people it's another sort.....Nobody has a perfect life....:flowers:

:ermm::ermm::ermm:

Oh boy. The St. Meghan narrative is a bit much for me..
For me too. I have nothing against Meghan, and I wish both her, Harry and her relationship all the best in the future. But I have to admit that I find it a bit odd that some of the posters here are so full of praise for a woman that almost nobody knew anything about until the end of last year, and who has just dated Harry for a year.

LaRae
Agrees! But if her thought is: I'm dating a guy whose mother was hugely famous and quite glamorous, then she must be a bit slow.

Harry is first and foremost (as I have said several times) grandchild of Elizabeth II, Queen of 16 countries, figurehead of 2 billion people, the most popular/iconic and famous head of state (many would say person) in the world.

Diana was just famous because she was married to Charles - The same goes for Philip, Camilla and Kate who are just famous for being married to some very special people.

Last edited:
For me too. I have nothing against Meghan, and I wish both her, Harry and her relationship all the best in the future. But I have to admit that I find it a bit odd that some of the posters here are so full of praise for a woman that almost nobody knew anything about until the end of last year, and who has just dated Harry for a year.

Agrees! But if her thought is: I'm dating a guy whose mother was hugely famous and quite glamorous, then she must be a bit slow.

Harry is first and foremost (as I have said several times) grandchild of Elizabeth II, Queen of 16 countries, figurehead of 2 billion people, the most popular/iconic and famous head of state (many would say person) in the world.

Diana was just famous because she was married to Charles - The same goes for Philip, Camilla and Kate who are just famous for being married to some very special people.

I agree that Diana became famous when she married Charles, but, after that , she actually outshone him. It suffices to say that Diana was still the most photographed woman in the world even after she was no longer married to Charles.

I agree that Diana became famous when she married Charles, but, after that , she actually outshone him. It suffices to say that Diana was still the most photographed woman in the world even after she was no longer married to Charles.

Yes, but would she have continued to be, as time went on?
I heard it said that Diana was spiraling down- after the divorce. If she hadn't died young, I think she'd have ended up like her mother- a sad and lonely figure.

"Meghan Markle has been quizzed on her knowledge of British culture – and she definitely needs a little revision! The Suits actress, who is currently dating Prince Harry, tried to answer questions about the UK while promoting the sixth series of the hit law TV series, and couldn't help but laugh about the weird and wonderful answers to some of the questions."

Meghan Markle struggles with British knowledge in fun quiz ? see the video!

Rehashing old interviews again. This is from 10 months ago, just when she began to date Harry.

I'm sorry if my gushing about Meghan annoys others. I have loosely followed her career for a while now, I've been a suit watcher from the start or the show. I just think she's wonderful, charming, and would seem like a great partner for Harry. I personally like the more positive tone of this forum, I stopped reading anywhere else, because of the 'she's an evil, manipulative hag' posts.

Yes, but would she have continued to be, as time went on?
I heard it said that Diana was spiraling down- after the divorce. If she hadn't died young, I think she'd have ended up like her mother- a sad and lonely figure.

This is not the thread to discuss that, but the popular reaction to her demise, the reaction of the British PM , and the Queen being literally forced to do what she did on the days following Diana's accident make it abundantly obvious that she was far from "spiraling down" and, in fact, was somewhat of a larger than life figure at the time.

Last edited:
What is happening now with Meghan is very similar to what happened when Diana was "discovered" as Shy Di. The media is going into a frenzy and digging up anything they can. With Meghan though, she already has a public profile and they're playing with that all they can.

The difference though is that Meghan is not playing into the media whatsoever so the media has to work with what they can get. All the more reason for Harry and Meghan to keep their relationship as private as they can.

We only know what the tabloids and media tells us. ;)

If you wish to discuss Diana, there is a whole sub-forum for you to do so. Further posts that are not directly linking the two subjects will be removed.

I have found no one here who remotely considers her a saint :ermm:

You're right we have only known her as a girlfriend for ten months. But we're not judging her on her abilities as a girlfriend. We are judging her as a human being, which she has been far longer. If they wed, she will still be a human being, not a stepford robot. So it's important to also judge a girlfriend as a human being.

Fortunately as Meghan is not some unknown, we do have things to go by. We know more about her then Cressida, Chelsy and Kate this early on. Because all we knew of them was as a girlfriend and odd rumor.

She may have been a girlfriend for ten months, but she has been a human being for thirty five years. And she seems, though not saintly, a pretty good one. She has an education, a career, does charity work. These are all traits any parent would be happy to find in a perspective daughter in law.

Just as we don't think she us a saint. We don't think she needs to have cured cancer, have a Phd and look like a super model as some posters do.

Meghan as a girlfriend we need to see more. As a human being she has done pretty well so far. And that's half the job.

Rehashing old interviews again. This is from 10 months ago, just when she began to date Harry.

I'm sorry if my gushing about Meghan annoys others. I have loosely followed her career for a while now, I've been a suit watcher from the start or the show. I just think she's wonderful, charming, and would seem like a great partner for Harry. I personally like the more positive tone of this forum, I stopped reading anywhere else, because of the 'she's an evil, manipulative hag' posts.
I hardly think you have been gushing. Let's face it, this is the first serious 'woman' that Harry has dated. He and Chelsy grew up together and as he got older the press got more intrusive as they were following two late teens early twenty's who partied at all the "In" places, drinking vintage champagne and very expensive vodka. Their relationship didn't survive their maturing, Cressida, to me, never seemed like an actual 'girlfriend' and Harry didn't seem happier in her presence that not. It seemed more like a 'friends with benefits' sort of deal.

On the other hand, he has been very protective of Meghan and discreet about their relationship. No one is talking and as a consequence of their transatlantic relationship, we have seen very little of them together and yet when you consider the touching, e.g. hand holding, arm around her, kissing in a public place etc. we have seen a significant amount of PDA and, if I had any doubts about how he feels about her, his general demeanor was the direct antithesis of his usual behaviour when he and William arrived at Pippa's wedding. He wasn't his usual sparkling self.

Like a significant number of those on these forums, I hit Google when I first heard about her and what was available was very positive. She is educated, she is pro-active about the lives of women and girls internationally. She is talented enough to be part of a popular ensemble show in the US, cultured and confident enough to conduct herself with considerable presence in interviews and knowledgeable enough to acquit herself well addressing the UN. Even more, she had a full life which included her lifestyle blog 'The Tig' and a very lucrative design and modelling contract, both of which she has cancelled, most probably as a result of her personal relationship with Harry. If nothing else it shows she is very sensitive to both who Harry and her own situation.

I have found no one here who remotely considers her a saint :ermm:

You're right we have only known her as a girlfriend for ten months. But we're not judging her on her abilities as a girlfriend. We are judging her as a human being, which she has been far longer. If they wed, she will still be a human being, not a stepford robot. So it's important to also judge a girlfriend as a human being.

Fortunately as Meghan is not some unknown, we do have things to go by. We know more about her then Cressida, Chelsy and Kate this early on. Because all we knew of them was as a girlfriend and odd rumor.

She may have been a girlfriend for ten months, but she has been a human being for thirty five years. And she seems, though not saintly, a pretty good one. She has an education, a career, does charity work. These are all traits any parent would be happy to find in a perspective daughter in law.

Just as we don't think she us a saint. We don't think she needs to have cured cancer, have a Phd and look like a super model as some posters do.

Meghan as a girlfriend we need to see more. As a human being she has done pretty well so far. And that's half the job.
1. You are not one of them, but there are a few members here (especially one) who seems to look at Meghan as the best thing that has ever happened to the monarchy. Something that they are entitled to.

And if I'm having trouble with that, then I can of course keep myself away from this thread, which I mostly do.

2. Yes, she does charity work, as almost all these actresses does.

But I agree with what you write, and as you say, she seems like a good person.

Several posts discussing Diana - again - have been removed.

Will William have a say in Meghan's engagement ring, and what is it likely to look like?
https://www.popsugar.com/fashion/What-Would-Meghan-Markle-Engagement-Ring-Look-Like-43599023

I don't see why William should have anything to say about it, unless Harry wants to use a ring from the vaults or something like that.

And I've read speculation previously that Meghan's favorite gem is the emerald (though I don't know that for a fact).

In any case, surely there are enough rings available so he doesn't have to break up an emerald necklace or bracelet for her. He can always work with Garrard's or another designer to create something just for her. ;)

First off whomever Harry marries I am hoping he uses something either from the BRF collection stashed away or one of his mother's stones repurposed (assuming there's not a ring already existing in her collection that would be useable).......or he could avoid it all together and have a brand new ring bought/designed.

I hope he uses something of his mother's...I think it would be very meaningful.

The title of the article is just clickbait...William isn't going to have a 'say' about it in the manner they imply. Typical media.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom