The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #4021  
Old 02-13-2017, 02:06 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Norfolk, United States
Posts: 1,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberG View Post
I am of the opinion that everybody has to mantain their routine in the relationship... at this point she hibernates at least with her public appearances...

She should do promotion like nothing happens... Harry so his public appearances and she sits at home waiting him... that is not modern....
There is a number of good reasons why she's not out there doing interviews right now other than she's staying at home waiting for Harry. One being that anywhere she goes, the attention would shift away from the show or her clothing line. Contrary to popular belief, not all press are good press. Especially if you actually have something of value to promote. If you are a reality star, sure all publicity are good. But that's not the case here.
__________________

__________________
  #4022  
Old 02-13-2017, 02:13 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 9,676
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberG View Post
I am of the opinion that everybody has to mantain their routine in the relationship... at this point she hibernates at least with her public appearances...

She should do promotion like nothing happens... Harry so his public appearances and she sits at home waiting him... that is not modern....
I'm assuming you mean doing promotions for Suits. Actually, I don't think its up to Meghan as to what promotion or interviews she does. The show itself probably has its own PR department and they schedule the promotional events that the cast would participate in. So, Meghan has "bosses" that she heeds as Harry, in his official capacity representing the "Firm" has his grandmother for a "boss".

Right now, Meghan's time is her own to do as she pleases and its really none of anyone else's business how she spends it. She'll be back to a hectic filming schedule soon.
__________________

__________________
“In my walks, every man I meet is my superior in some way, and in that I learn from him.”
~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
  #4023  
Old 02-13-2017, 02:17 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 2,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
I didn't mention Harry... but I will.

David Beckham was the only footballer and he was invited because of his work with William on England's World Cup bid.

As for the 'celebrities', again most have charity connections or are friends of Prince Charles.

Harry's guest list won't have the same foreign royals, politicians, members of the armed forces or clergy.

His friends are pretty much the same friends as William's, so they will be the same.

As I wrote before, if Harry marries while Queen Elizabeth II is still occupying the throne, I bet there will be no foreign royal guests at the wedding . Basically, it would be unusual for foreign royals to attend the wedding of a grandson of a monarch who is not in direct line to the throne unless they have some kind of personal connection to the groom, which is not the case with Harry. In fact, Harry's wedding during Elizabeth's reign might even be just a private, family event.

If, on the other hand, Harry marries when Charles is king , then there may be some junior foreign royals in attendance as it will be the wedding of a monarch's son after all and, therefore, probably a state wedding.
__________________
  #4024  
Old 02-13-2017, 02:20 PM
miche's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 814
William wedding wasn't a state wedding, why would Harry's be?
Harry might not even have a church wedding, there no guarantee that the church will make an exception for Meghan
__________________
  #4025  
Old 02-13-2017, 02:26 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Norfolk, United States
Posts: 1,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
As I wrote before, if Harry marries while Queen Elizabeth II is still occupying the throne, I bet there will be no foreign royal guests at the wedding . Basically, it would be unusual for foreign royals to attend the wedding of a grandson of a monarch who is not in direct line to the throne unless they have some kind of personal connection to the groom, which is not the case with Harry. In fact, Harry's wedding during Elizabeth's reign might even be just a private, family event.

If, on the other hand, Harry marries when Charles is king , then there may be some junior foreign royals in attendance as it will be the wedding of a monarch's son after all and, therefore, probably a state wedding.
I would agree except this is unchartered territory here. While he's only the grandson of the monarchy, he's not like Zara or Mark or even the York princesses. He is the son of the heir to the throne. Also, he's a senior member of the BRF. He has a much higher profile than any other grandchildren of the Queen, not counting the Duke of Cambridge. I don't think it'll be as grand as the Cambridges' wedding, however I do see it as more similar to the spare of a Monarchy than say Zara or Mark's wedding. Unless there is something seriously wrong with his bride choice, and no being a divorcee who never married in the COE isn't at the level I'm talking about, it's unlikely he'll have a private wedding.

ETA, when I say private wedding, I mean with just family and friends. Bottoml line is I believe some foreign royals would be included. Not kings and queens, but still it won't just be royals who knows Harry personally.
__________________
  #4026  
Old 02-13-2017, 02:26 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 2,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by miche View Post
William wedding wasn't a state wedding, why would Harry's be?
Again, William was not a monarch's son either when he got married, but, compared to his brother, he had the distinction of being a likely future king. That is why IMHO there were several crown princes and even a reigning foreign queen, five foreign kings, one sultan, a sovereign prince, a sovereign grand duke, and four queen consorts in attendance, in addition to the entire UK cabinet and the leaders of all major parliamentary parties, as well as foreign ambassadors and Commonwealth high commissioners. That is what I mean by a "state wedding".
__________________
  #4027  
Old 02-13-2017, 02:37 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 13,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberG View Post
I am of the opinion that everybody has to mantain their routine in the relationship... at this point she hibernates at least with her public appearances...

She should do promotion like nothing happens... Harry so his public appearances and she sits at home waiting him... that is not modern....
It's unfair to think she's doing nothing but sitting at home with him or waiting for him. I'm sure she's doing lots of things. She has friends in London and I'm sure she keeps herself busy. It's just wrong to even think someone is sitting in the house waiting for a ring.

It's very important to not try to reduce this very accomplished young lady to a doormat and waiting for a Prince to sweep her off her feet, to a palace and to live happily ever after. We need to let the fantasy go. These are just two grown and busy people spending some time together.

Don't allow the engagement talk get to you.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #4028  
Old 02-13-2017, 02:39 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: st. paul, United States
Posts: 1,402
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberG View Post
I am of the opinion that everybody has to mantain their routine in the relationship... at this point she hibernates at least with her public appearances...

She should do promotion like nothing happens... Harry so his public appearances and she sits at home waiting him... that is not modern....
Well, then she's getting good practice to what life with Harry would be like. When not out on public engagements, most of her time would be spent holed up behind palace walls. Royal life is rather tedious and sequestered. If she and Harry only met up for vacations and the occasional weekend of passion, she'd get a completely wrong idea of what life with Harry would entail.
__________________
  #4029  
Old 02-13-2017, 03:09 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 9,676
Quote:
Originally Posted by miche View Post
William wedding wasn't a state wedding, why would Harry's be?
Harry might not even have a church wedding, there no guarantee that the church will make an exception for Meghan
I believe that in Meghan's case there wouldn't even have to be an exception. The CoE will look at Meghan as having never been married before as she was not married in the church. His father and his second wife both had previous church weddings. Not sure if Camilla's was CoE or RC but that's where the monkey wrench was thrown into the mix when they married.

For all we know, Harry and Meghan could take off and elope (with the Queen's permission of course) to Las Vegas and get married by an Elvis impersonator.

If and when this couple do get engaged to be married, we'll have just about everything sorted out for them won't we?
__________________
“In my walks, every man I meet is my superior in some way, and in that I learn from him.”
~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
  #4030  
Old 02-13-2017, 03:10 PM
miche's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Again, William was not a monarch's son either when he got married, but, compared to his brother, he had the distinction of being a likely future king. That is why IMHO there were several crown princes and even a reigning foreign queen, five foreign kings, one sultan, a sovereign prince, a sovereign grand duke, and four queen consorts in attendance, in addition to the entire UK cabinet and the leaders of all major parliamentary parties, as well as foreign ambassadors and Commonwealth high commissioners. That is what I mean by a "state wedding".
State wedding is when they invited Elected Head of State such as at the Time President Obama, if William's had a state wedding.
__________________
  #4031  
Old 02-13-2017, 03:17 PM
Skippyboo's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Atlanta, United States
Posts: 4,108
Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by miche View Post
State wedding is when they invited Elected Head of State such as at the Time President Obama.


President Obama wasn't invited to William's wedding. William's wedding was deemed a semi-state occasion. The last state wedding was Charles's in 1981 since he was the heir. The next potential state wedding would be George's.

Harry will have way more freedom in how his wedding will look like. If he wanted something similar to Zara's or Peter's he could do it if he wanted.
__________________
  #4032  
Old 02-13-2017, 03:22 PM
miche's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
President Obama wasn't invited to William's wedding. William's wedding was deemed a semi-state occasion. The last state wedding was Charles's in 1981 since he was the heir. The next potential state wedding would be George's.
I know that President Obama wasn't invited.
What I was saying is if William didn't have a state wedding, neither will Harry.
__________________
  #4033  
Old 02-13-2017, 03:35 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 6,383
Regardless who he eventually marries I wouldn't be surprised if Harry had a wedding like Zara did. Smaller and more private.

LaRae
__________________
  #4034  
Old 02-13-2017, 03:36 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 2,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I believe that in Meghan's case there wouldn't even have to be an exception. The CoE will look at Meghan as having never been married before as she was not married in the church. His father and his second wife both had previous church weddings. Not sure if Camilla's was CoE or RC but that's where the monkey wrench was thrown into the mix when they married.

For all we know, Harry and Meghan could take off and elope (with the Queen's permission of course) to Las Vegas and get married by an Elvis impersonator.

If and when this couple do get engaged to be married, we'll have just about everything sorted out for them won't we?
AFAIK , Camilla married Andrew Parker-Bowles in the Roman Catholic church, so the issue was not a prior CoE marriage. Camilla's problem was explicitly that she was involved in the breakup of the PoW's previous marriage.
__________________
  #4035  
Old 02-13-2017, 03:41 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 2,689
Quote:
Originally Posted by miche View Post
State wedding is when they invited Elected Head of State such as at the Time President Obama, if William's had a state wedding.

As I noted in my comment, at least nine Heads of State were present at William's wedding (five kings, one reigning queen, a sovereign prince, a sovereign grand duke, and a sultan). Again, as I also said, it was not a state occasion because William is not the heir (yet) as his father was when he married, but it was as close to a state occasion as it could get.
__________________
  #4036  
Old 02-13-2017, 03:56 PM
Skippyboo's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Atlanta, United States
Posts: 4,108
William's wedding was William's wedding. Harry's wedding is independent from William's wedding. Harry will have more freedom than his brother did in wedding type. Don't forget there will be 2 massive state occasions looming on the horizon with the State Funeral of the Queen and the Coronation of the new monarch. There might not be the budget for a big Westminster Abbey shut down the street wedding for Harry.
__________________
  #4037  
Old 02-13-2017, 04:24 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Norfolk, United States
Posts: 1,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
William's wedding was William's wedding. Harry's wedding is independent from William's wedding. Harry will have more freedom than his brother did in wedding type. Don't forget there will be 2 massive state occasions looming on the horizon with the State Funeral of the Queen and the Coronation of the new monarch. There might not be the budget for a big Westminster Abbey shut down the street wedding for Harry.
If the Queen, God forbid, passes before Harry marries, it's likely that Harry's wedding would be delayed to give sufficient time for mourning. But it's all premature since the Queen Mother lived to 100+. Regardless, those who thinks that Harry can have a wedding like Zara seem a little naive to me. For one, Zara is not working royal. Second, when Prince Charles does become King, he will only have two sons. All the attention that's been spread for the 3 younger children of the Queen will be focused on the only spare child Charles has.
__________________
  #4038  
Old 02-13-2017, 04:30 PM
cepe's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,062
Not on the same scale as William - I think St George's Windsor.
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
  #4039  
Old 02-13-2017, 04:34 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Norfolk, United States
Posts: 1,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Not on the same scale as William - I think St George's Windsor.
Of course not the same scale as William's. I forgot to mention that in the last one. However, for some to say it'll be like Zara's is unlikely as well.
__________________
  #4040  
Old 02-13-2017, 04:42 PM
Skippyboo's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Atlanta, United States
Posts: 4,108
It's not like Zara had a registry office wedding and a backyard reception. She still had a church wedding and a reception at a Royal Palace.
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 20 (1 members and 19 guests)
ACO
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
austria birthday carl gustaf chris o'neill crown princess mary crown princess victoria current events denmark duchess of cambridge eveningwear earl of snowdon family french general news gloucester hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume infanta cristina infanta leonor infanta margarita infanta sofia italy iñaki urdangarín juan urdangarín king felipe king felipe vi king philippe king willem-alexander letizia liechtenstein monarchy morgan news nobel 2017 prince alexander prince carl philip prince daniel prince felix prince gabriel prince harry prince liam prince nicholas prince oscar prince sebastian princess beatrice princess claire of luxembourg princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess mary casual style princess mary current events princess of asturias princess sofia princess sofia eveningwear princess victoria queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen mathildes hats queen maxima queen silvia state visit stephanie sweden swedish royal family the duchess of cambridge fashion vatican victoria



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:08 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises