The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #4001  
Old 02-13-2017, 08:22 AM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 13,063
Guys,

She's not sitting in the man's house and waiting for an engagement ring. What year is this? The 1600's?. The couple is just spend quality time together. It's the folks on the net that's rushing for an engagement.
__________________

__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #4002  
Old 02-13-2017, 08:25 AM
Marty91charmed's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Near Verona and Venice, Italy
Posts: 6,062
I love that there already is also a pre-criticism on what she might do... just in case.... lol.
__________________

__________________
"Yet, walking free upon her own estate
Still,in her solitude, she is the Queen".
  #4003  
Old 02-13-2017, 08:42 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 112
If someone has committed to something and is doing a good job at it why should their citizenship matter? Today, there are volunteers all over this world who are committed to doing good work in countries that are not of their place of birth. Kudos to them for their generosity.

IMO, it doesn't matter what Meghan does there are people, including the press who will find something to pick at, just by dating Harry has shown that. People have complained she's out doing pap strolls, while others complain that she's hiding away behind palace doors. As a person with dual citizenship, I would not be bothered either way with Meghan's citizenship. If Meghan was to become a member of the BRF, as long as she does a good job is all the commitment that should matter.
  #4004  
Old 02-13-2017, 09:33 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Norfolk, United States
Posts: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberG View Post
Currently, she is now just as Kate. According to many posters here, she is young and accomplished woman, with work ethics. Now, I just see someone who stopped almost all her daily activities except recicled articles from the Thig or some recocled photo... she sits behind the closed doors for 2 months with him and waits for the ring...Stooped her life, but he didn't do the same.

I know most will tell she wants to see how life is doing with him but that is really never garantee for anything...

One outdoor person who enjoys life now is waity Meghan...

I am not bih fan of her at all but I see a grown woman who stopped her life... she should continue her life as same as before until the official engagement...
I really hate comparing Meghan and Kate, just because they are so different and in different stages of their life when they are royal girlfriends.

Spending less than two months in a different country with your boyfriend is hardly waity anything. She still has a job, which she is only on hiatus from right now. Once the show starts filming, they live in separate countries and it's harder to see each other than normal dating couples because they both have commitments in different countries. While she's in London, The Tig's social media is still updated on a daily basis, it's just her personal social media that's been quiet with good reasons. She still keeps her commitment to her charitable work. She went to India, and I'm sure there are work in advance that she had to do behind the scenes. She's talked about being more involved with UN than just what the public sees in the past. Actually knowing what she's talking about before going overseas for a trip is important to her.

This is getting to the point where I don't see why she would want to get anymore serious with Harry. She's damned if she works, it means she's not committed to him as much as she's committed to her job. She's damn if she doesn't, spending less than two months with her boyfriend whom she can't just go over to see after a day's work means she's given up her whole life and just waiting around for him.
  #4005  
Old 02-13-2017, 09:55 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: st. paul, United States
Posts: 1,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
I really hate comparing Meghan and Kate, just because they are so different and in different stages of their life when they are royal girlfriends.



This is getting to the point where I don't see why she would want to get anymore serious with Harry. She's damned if she works, it means she's not committed to him as much as she's committed to her job. She's damn if she doesn't, spending less than two months with her boyfriend whom she can't just go over to see after a day's work means she's given up her whole life and just waiting around for him.
Welcome, to the world of royal watching. Women dating/married to royal men are treated in the most vile way by the media and the keyboard warriors. Everything they say, do, and wear is bashed. How they smile is bashed, how they grasp their hands is bashed. Then to add the cherry-on-top the women are pitted against each other.

It's a very misogynistic fandom. If you are a fan of any of these women, or even just think they deserve basic human respect, you're going to want to tear your hair out 90% of the time. Meghan will need to have the thick skin of a rhino, or she will need to avoid reading anything about herself and stay offline. Otherwise she'll drown in the ugliness, and run for the hills like previous women.
  #4006  
Old 02-13-2017, 09:55 AM
hel hel is online now
Nobility
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Kitchener, Canada
Posts: 325
As an FYI, I saw a couple of videos with other members of the cast (one with Gabriel () and another with Rick and Sarah (). According to the answer they gave in the Q&A, they're going back in April to begin filming season 7.

Gabriel actually also addressed the "what do actors do when they're on hiatus" and it was exactly as posters here have said: spend time relaxing and with their families/friends/SOs. He was also quite adamant about not shaving during his hiatus (people complained about his beard), but I suspect that part won't apply to Meghan.
  #4007  
Old 02-13-2017, 10:25 AM
moby's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 933
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
Welcome, to the world of royal watching. Women dating/married to royal men are treated in the most vile way by the media and the keyboard warriors. Everything they say, do, and wear is bashed. How they smile is bashed, how they grasp their hands is bashed. Then to add the cherry-on-top the women are pitted against each other.

It's a very misogynist fandom. If you are a fan of any of these women, or even just think they deserve basic human respect, you're going to want to tear your hair out 90% of the time. Meghan will need to have the thick skin of a rhino, or she will need to avoid reading anything about herself and stay offline. Otherwise she'll drown in the ugliness, and run for the hills like previous women.
This is so true about the fandom. Women are just held to an unfair standard here, sociologists would have a field day studying the strain of anti-feminism, extreme conservatism, even petty jealousy of some royal watchers. These harsh criticisms are true of Meghan, were true for Catherine, were worse for others like Sweden's Princess Sofia, but even those born into this life are not spared--Charlotte Casiraghi is just one example.

Funny thing about Meghan, hated her Rachel character but she seems likable with a good head on her shoulders and the independent, hardworking bit of her makes her the most relatable royal SO yet that I can't help but root for her. Anyway, at this point I think even if the Virgin Mary were the one in a relationship with a popular royal, some people would still find an off tangent reason to be critical. As Confucius once said, haters gonna hate lol.
__________________
It seems to me that origination is perhaps instinct, not intellect. -Joe Strummer

  #4008  
Old 02-13-2017, 11:07 AM
Lady Marmalade's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago, United States
Posts: 1,612
I just think he can do much better. Grace Kelly was born a Main Line society member. She was also a star during the Golden Age when stars acted and kept their views to themselves. This generation....yeesh.. He can obviously date whomever he wishes, but if they got engaged I would not watch anything about them or the wedding and would focus my following on William and Catherine only. I do not care for her or her family. I cringe thinking the church would be filled with Hollywood people and her father and brother out there in the media pretending they are now Astors and Rockefellers...
__________________
Lady M
  #4009  
Old 02-13-2017, 11:21 AM
Jacknch's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Suffolk/Budapest, Hungary
Posts: 5,589
Back on topic please. Private discussions between individuals can take place by PM not within the thread, hence some posts have been deleted.
__________________
JACK
  #4010  
Old 02-13-2017, 11:28 AM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 7,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade View Post
I just think he can do much better. Grace Kelly was born a Main Line society member. She was also a star during the Golden Age when stars acted and kept their views to themselves. This generation....yeesh.. He can obviously date whomever he wishes, but if they got engaged I would not watch anything about them or the wedding and would focus my following on William and Catherine only. I do not care for her or her family. I cringe thinking the church would be filled with Hollywood people and her father and brother out there in the media pretending they are now Astors and Rockefellers...
How about who filled Westminster Abbey during the Cambridge nuptials...footballers, badly dressed starlets? I didn't spot any Astors or Rockefellers in the group.


How on earth could Harry's guest list be more "cringeworthy?"
__________________
"Be who God intended you to be, and you will set the world on fire" St. Catherine of Siena

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
  #4011  
Old 02-13-2017, 11:30 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Woodbridge, United States
Posts: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade View Post
I just think he can do much better. Grace Kelly was born a Main Line society member. She was also a star during the Golden Age when stars acted and kept their views to themselves. This generation....yeesh.. He can obviously date whomever he wishes, but if they got engaged I would not watch anything about them or the wedding and would focus my following on William and Catherine only. I do not care for her or her family. I cringe thinking the church would be filled with Hollywood people and her father and brother out there in the media pretending they are now Astors and Rockefellers...
Grace Kelly for all her upbringing was far from perfect she had alot of affairs with married men in her day. Her relationship with her father was mentally abusive and her marriage was not a happy one. Still she is an iconic and beloved HUMAN figure. The thing is all these people you put on a pedestal are human just like Meghan and her family are. One group has the money to HIDE their faults while the other does not. Also Meghan and her HALF brother are not close so I doubt he will be invited.
  #4012  
Old 02-13-2017, 11:48 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 5,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
How about who filled Westminster Abbey during the Cambridge nuptials...footballers, badly dressed starlets? I didn't spot any Astors or Rockefellers in the group.


How on earth could Harry's guest list be more "cringeworthy?"
Grace van Cutsem, a bridesmaid, daughter of Rose Astor, is a direct descendant of Waldorf Astor, 2nd Viscount Astor

If you think the royal wedding guest list was 'cringeworthy' you should maybe go over it again. Nothing but the 'Great and the Good'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...rine_Middleton
  #4013  
Old 02-13-2017, 12:01 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 7,176


Thanks, but I watched it live. It was a beautiful ceremony as I remember. But among the "great and good" on the guest list was also an inordinate number(IMO) of TV starlets and footballers and nouveau riche society types-in hideous fascinators of of course- unknown outside of Britain

My point to Lady Marmalade was that Harry's guest list will probably be pretty much the same.
__________________
"Be who God intended you to be, and you will set the world on fire" St. Catherine of Siena

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
  #4014  
Old 02-13-2017, 12:13 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 3,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowVera View Post
Grace Kelly for all her upbringing was far from perfect she had alot of affairs with married men in her day. Her relationship with her father was mentally abusive and her marriage was not a happy one.

Exactly. Grace ended up a miserable unhappy alcoholic so I don't see her as a great example for anyone.

As to the waity thing, it's fine to criticize these women who arrange their schedules to be available for royal men, but if they didn't, when would they ever get to see them? Yes, it was mostly Kate who had to adapt to William, and Meghan will mostly have to adapt to Harry.

That is just the way it works.
  #4015  
Old 02-13-2017, 12:28 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Frankfurt, Germany
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Guys,

She's not sitting in the man's house and waiting for an engagement ring. What year is this? The 1600's?. The couple is just spend quality time together. It's the folks on the net that's rushing for an engagement.
I am of the opinion that everybody has to mantain their routine in the relationship... at this point she hibernates at least with her public appearances...

She should do promotion like nothing happens... Harry so his public appearances and she sits at home waiting him... that is not modern....
  #4016  
Old 02-13-2017, 12:33 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 5,914
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Grace van Cutsem, a bridesmaid, daughter of Rose Astor, is a direct descendant of Waldorf Astor, 2nd Viscount Astor

If you think the royal wedding guest list was 'cringeworthy' you should maybe go over it again. Nothing but the 'Great and the Good'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...rine_Middleton
Are we under the misconception that only Meghan will have guests?

Last I looked Prince Harry was the groom. And his guests will include many if the sane people his brother included. Including the Van Cutsem family who through Charles, both boys are extremely close too. Grace may not be flower girl, but there will be at least one Astor in the audience if they wed. Like Beatrice and Eugenie, Harry moves in sometimes more posh circles then William.

As for lady marmalade crass comments about her father, what has her dad dive? He has refused to make any comment in the two. Both her parents have been silent. How are they any different then the middletons? Her big mouthed Hekmat brother is no different then uncle Gary. And unlike have Gary, there is little chance the half brother she hasn't seen in many years, will be invited.


As for the guest list maybe you should take a second look. There were plebtu if celebrities like posh and Becks. Definitely not high society.
  #4017  
Old 02-13-2017, 12:45 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 5,687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Are we under the misconception that only Meghan will have guests?

Last I looked Prince Harry was the groom. And his guests will include many if the sane people his brother included. Including the Van Cutsem family who through Charles, both boys are extremely close too. Grace may not be flower girl, but there will be at least one Astor in the audience if they wed. Like Beatrice and Eugenie, Harry moves in sometimes more posh circles then William.

As for lady marmalade crass comments about her father, what has her dad dive? He has refused to make any comment in the two. Both her parents have been silent. How are they any different then the middletons? Her big mouthed Hekmat brother is no different then uncle Gary. And unlike have Gary, there is little chance the half brother she hasn't seen in many years, will be invited.


As for the guest list maybe you should take a second look. There were plebtu if celebrities like posh and Becks. Definitely not high society.
I didn't mention Harry... but I will.

David Beckham was the only footballer and he was invited because of his work with William on England's World Cup bid.

As for the 'celebrities', again most have charity connections or are friends of Prince Charles.

Harry's guest list won't have the same foreign royals, politicians, members of the armed forces or clergy.

His friends are pretty much the same friends as William's, so they will be the same.
  #4018  
Old 02-13-2017, 12:46 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 4,923
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberG View Post
I am of the opinion that everybody has to mantain their routine in the relationship... at this point she hibernates at least with her public appearances...

She should do promotion like nothing happens... Harry so his public appearances and she sits at home waiting him... that is not modern....

You are assuming she's sitting home waiting for him....however if she is and is choosing to do that, it's her decision to do so.


LaRae
  #4019  
Old 02-13-2017, 12:52 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Norfolk, United States
Posts: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
I didn't mention Harry... but I will.

David Beckham was the only footballer and he was invited because of his work with William on England's World Cup bid.

As for the 'celebrities', again most have charity connections or were friends of Prince Charles.

Harry's guest list won't have the same foreign royals, politicians, members of the armed forces or clergy.

His friends are pretty much the same friends as William, so they will be the same.
I have no clue about the brothers' personal friends, so I won't comment on that. However, to discredit Meghan as having only celebrity friends is quite unfair. She moves in the high society in Toronto as well. One of her best friends is Jessica Mulroney, who is the daughter in law off former Prime Minister of Canada and comes from a wealthy family herself. She's also friends with the current first family of Canada. Some argues that Jessica Mulroney is also part of the entertainment industry as her work is PR related, but she's also in a family that comes from what's considered respected by your definition. So perhaps the high society types are merging with the newer wealth. Perhaps they are less judgmental and more inclusive than some that are not in the group.

Will there be actors and actresses present? Sure. She knows some because she's an actress. I'd imagine her co stars would be invited, and Priyanka Chopra and so on. But to dismiss it as just another Hollywood wedding and somehow more cringeworthy than other royal weddings is unfair. Plus, some people that Meghan has worked with on her charitable causes, Thuli Madonsela comes to mind, have spoken very highly of her as more than an actress.

And if anything, I'd suspect Harry's wedding would include more representatives from different levels of armed forces than William's did. Military is a big part of who he is, and he's done a lot to speak up for wounded veterans.
  #4020  
Old 02-13-2017, 01:00 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Somewhere in, United Kingdom
Posts: 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberG View Post
I am of the opinion that everybody has to mantain their routine in the relationship... at this point she hibernates at least with her public appearances...

She should do promotion like nothing happens... Harry so his public appearances and she sits at home waiting him... that is not modern....
How do you know what she does when Harry's is doing public appearances? She could be doing anything, and to assume that she's just waiting around for Harry to return home is silly.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
albania best outfit birthday carl gustaf chris o'neill crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess victoria current events denmark fashion poll general news hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume infanta cristina infanta leonor infanta sofia iñaki urdangarín king felipe king felipe vi king philippe letizia monarchy news november 2016 october 2016 picture of the week prince alexander prince carl philip prince charles prince daniel prince felix prince gabriel prince nicholas prince oscar princess claire of luxembourg princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary princess mary fashion princess of asturias princess sofia princess victoria queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen mathilde daytime fashion queen mathilde fashion queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen silvia state visit stephanie sweden swedish royal family the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats victoria


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:07 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises