Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi jacqui24,

I absolutely respect yours & everyone else's opinions. We can agree to disagree :flowers:

My opinion is that MM has made these changes in her public life due to an understanding that that is what would be expected of her as a member of the BRF. Otherwise, it does not seem prudent of her to do so. If she & Harry end their relationship, his public life will go on as usual, but she will have to rebuild these partnerships &/or form new ones.

Hiring a PR firm for an in-law's wedding is over the top to me. The press would maybe have been interested in a couple of pics of W+K and the kids but that would be about it if left to their own devices. Again, my opinion.
Just to clarify, the Middletons hiring a PR firm for this came from Richard Palmer's comment on his twitter. I'm assuming since he's following this as part of his job, he knows some of the logistics and this is information we could trust.

Just to clarify, the Middletons hiring a PR firm for this came from Richard Palmer's comment on his twitter. I'm assuming since he's following this as part of his job, he knows some of the logistics and this is information we could trust.

Richard Palmer works for the Daily Express. A tabloid.

IMO if Pippa said to Harry 'sure, bring the girlfriend' ;) she said it across the board, because Pippa is cool and Harry would have wanted to present that kind of largesse towards Meghan. But I also think both Harry and Meghan would have been considerate of space issues, because who wouldn't be?

For Meghan, however, I think this wedding was a bit different than the other she attended. This was a small family connected wedding, with royalty attending (as family). It was a situation where her presence in the church could have telegraphed certainty (for some) that Meghan and Harry are headed down the aisle themselves.

(I think one can too easily read more into the blog cessation and even the advertising cessation than is warranted. Meghan can easily re-mount those enterprises bigger and better than before. The hiatus will actually work to her advantage, but in the short term they were likely a hassle, especially the advertising which could have compromised her private life in this instance. We already know the blog was causing problems).

That Meghan demurred from attending the church (if she did, and I think she did, upon advice from her 'whoever' who have an eye for these things) says to me that Harry and Meghan are not close to being engaged. They have a ways to go yet. They are a serious couple but not quite that serious, yet. Meghan not being at the church suggests that to me.

Could be wrong, of course. Won't be the first time. :flowers:

Last edited:
Ahh, makes sense. Thanks! Clearly I am not in PR.

I was wondering why there were so many incorrect stories if the involved parties were supposedly feeding them info. The fact that the press prints whatever they want as 'speculation' and 'maybes' is horrid. And yes I was using Pippa's former courting of the media as my guide.

It's a logical assumption. :flowers:

But if Pippa wanted her wedding publicized, she'd have accepted that name-your-price deal from HELLO, People, or one of the other mags.

Richard Palmer works for the Daily Express. A tabloid.

Sunday Express, closely related to Daily Express, actually broke the story of Meghan and Harry. Generally Richard Palmer is regarded as reliable.

Just wondering, but is there anyone in here who thinks that this time Harry hit the jackpot? The media always tries to make out that these girls are oh so lucky to be dating a Prince, but with Meghan I feel she has herself together so muh that Harry is the one who lucked out.

I think he hit the jackpot.

What I seem to notice is that his relationship with Meghan is not particularly popular among the British public.

Where have you gotten the impression that it is not popular? I'm just interested.

I agree up to a point. I think the media scrutiny and obsession also contributed. I don't think anyone back then expected anything like the media storm that occurred. Now, that kind of intrusion is known and expected, but then not so much, if at all.

And, I think knowing what may happen and actually experiencing it is a totally different thing. Meghan, IMHO, has only experienced a small amount of what will await her if she marries Harry.

Also, Charles was not in love with Diana and they barely dated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, Charles was not in love with Diana and they barely dated.

Huh? It seems you entered your comment in the wrong thread. This is about Harry and and his relationships, not his parents. Or maybe you mean to add more to your sentence to relate it to the discussion>

I was hoping in the run up to the wedding that Meghan might have been invited to the wedding part of the events on Pippa's wedding day, even though I recognised the problems about space in the church etc. However, Meghan didn't know the bride or groom, and so it was logical I guess that she would have been invited to the evening party rather than any other.

I do not believe that the couple had a suite at Englefield House however, simply because of the photos we saw of Harry driving away from the house in shirt sleeves earlier that day. It wouldn't make sense if he was staying there. So I believe now that Meghan was probably at KP and he did go and collect her. If she had been ensconced at a nearby hotel a staff member would have given an anonymous tip off to the Press that this had happened, IMO.

The consequence of no photos at the party however has caused those who are anti MM on Tumblrs to gain heart, inferring that Meghan wasn't at any of the celebrations, that this is a showmance and the grainy photo has been photoshopped. Some people refuse to face facts!

As far as Pippa's PR rep is concerned I did note that Richard Palmer was disgruntled by it. On his Twitter Page he called the PR woman 'unhelpful' and wondered about her 'showbiz' background. He inferred that getting any info out of her, even innocuous stuff, was like pulling teeth, that the Press only received the two page programme naming bridesmaids etc, (which we have seen) and other questions went unanswered. Therefore it looks as if she was hired to keep the media and any other pesky questioners at bay!

The most important thing is that Harry and Meghan got a chance to enjoy the festivities and mingle with the family and all the other guest. We should be happy for them.

As I said before, it's going to be less of a burden when this couple become more comfortable being out and about as a couple. The media interest won't be as intense because they will get used to seeing the couple. Right now everything is so...HOT! Same Cambridge cat & mouse game is being played.

Last edited:
It's all carefully managed ...a little at a time.

LaRae

As far as Pippa's PR rep is concerned I did note that Richard Palmer was disgruntled by it. On his Twitter Page he called the PR woman 'unhelpful' and wondered about her 'showbiz' background. He inferred that getting any info out of her, even innocuous stuff, was like pulling teeth, that the Press only received the two page programme naming bridesmaids etc, (which we have seen) and other questions went unanswered. Therefore it looks as if she was hired to keep the media and any other pesky questioners at bay!

Sometimes you hire a PR head to push it out. And sometimes you hire a PR person to draw the veil. Well done, I'd say! The whole weekend and it's handling made me so very happy. Happy for their privacy, for getting what they wanted, for thwarting the insistent press and happy they spent their energy on the moment rather than the press. Tee Tee, happy, happy for them!

If Meghan wasn't invited it was because she didn't know the family.
If Meghan was invited and didn't show up, its probably to prevent more photogs showing up trying to get a picture of her.
Or maybe she was going to go and she got her hair stuck in the curling iron so Harry had to come back for her later.

Meghan and Harry are not going to win anything by pandering to the press and critics.

If they aren't photographed they broke up. If they are, rumors will spread Meghan paid off the media to know where they would be. PR for her. If they get engaged it will be a marriage of convenience. If they dont get married, because Harry realized she was a slut.

Reality is never going to please the haters. Ever. They need to enjoy their relationship as they wish it.

Last edited:
I do not believe that the couple had a suite at Englefield House however, simply because of the photos we saw of Harry driving away from the house in shirt sleeves earlier that day. It wouldn't make sense if he was staying there. So I believe now that Meghan was probably at KP and he did go and collect her. If she had been ensconced at a nearby hotel a staff member would have given an anonymous tip off to the Press that this had happened, IMO.

There was a later report that made more sense-- (I read the same report with a few more details somewhere else but can't find it right now.)

Meghan Markle kept a low profile at Pippa's wedding with Prince Harry

"So how did the day unfold for Meghan and Harry? They left Kensington Palace together on Saturday morning. He then dropped her off at a house in nearby Berkshire, where she got ready. He came back to pick her up, they went to the party, and then they left to go back to KP earlier than most of the other guests,"

Last edited:
Thank you, OH. Yes, that does make sense and Lainey Gossip is supposed to have links to Meghan. The Truth is, I suppose, none of us know where MM got to between wedding and evening party!

Yes, it seems to make sense. Englefield or Middleton manor didn't at all :ermm:

If they had rented a hotel room, I think someone would have had loose lips by now. But if friends had rented a house for weekend, Harrys name wpuld not be attached. And no staff to be loose lipped in seeing her.

The Lainey Gossip article was posted much earlier in this thread, so we are re-treading. Yep, it makes much better sense that Harry left Meghan at a nearby house rented by a friend in Berkshire. It probably was someplace no further away than 10 minutes from Bucklebury and maybe 15 minutes from Englefield. That entire storyline is over. And perhaps one day all the nitty gritty of Meghan's whereabouts on the day, and the dress she wore that evening will be revealed in detail, or NOT.

Pippa & James are heading for their honeymoon. Meghan is heading to Austin, Texas for a Suits 100th episode table reading event (June 8-11), while I've heard reports that Harry is in Botswana.

Meanwhile, Meghan's friend, Priyanka Chopra made an appearance on Wendy Williams talk show on Tuesday in Los Angeles to discuss her role in the new film Baywatch, and her Met Gala trench coat designer dress with train and fabulous flared collar. But of course, host Wendy did her best to try and get Priyanka to say something off the cuff about Meghan and Harry. But Priyanka is one cool beautiful lady. Boy did she brush Wendy off with flair and a smile, reminding Wendy that Meghan is more than just Prince Harry's girlfriend!

I love how Priyanka remained respectful of her friend Meghan, as well as down-to-earth, charming and discreet in her responses without batting an eyelash! Priyanka is another very together young lady. I can see why she and Meghan are friends. Although Priyanka declined to act like she and Meghan are so chummy that she expects an invitation to a so far, nonexistent wedding. Thumbs-up and five stars for Priyanka! Boo to Wendy Williams:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZmuf5SH_Qw

Last edited:
Clothes don't make the man, or woman. And I'm sure that Harry knows (and loves) the real Meghan just fine.
Plus, that article completely ignores the fact that Meghan has lived in a colder climate in Canada for the past six years and regards Toronto as home. British cold weather brands probably suit her. Anyone would think that she had spent her entire life wearing bikinis on Californian beaches!

Last edited:
Nonsense article. People of her means end up buying local in the places they frequent, luxury they may be, because the brands have the best selections and the material work best for that climate and yes are at a better price than elsewhere. One buys French in France, Italian labels in Italy, English heritage labels in England. Provenance also matters, when somebody asks you where you got your Burberry coat, it just sounds better to say you got it during your London vacation than a sale in San Francisco. Whether Meghan is doing it consciously or not, it makes sense for her to be into British labels at the moment. Plus those brands mentioned (Barbour, Mulberry, Erdem love love love) are excellent, it really is not surprising for her to be into them.

Clothes don't make the man, or woman. And I'm sure that Harry knows (and loves) the real Meghan just fine.
Plus, that article completely ignores the fact that Meghan has lived in a colder climate in Canada for the past six years and regards Toronto as home. British cold weather brands probably suit her. Anyone would think that she had spent her entire life wearing bikinis on Californian beaches!

She's going to find Balmoral positively balmy if she's been living in Toronto!

:previous: LOL! :D

And thanks for your common sense take too @moby.

I'm certain that most fashion designers, regardless of country of origin will be happy for Meghan to wear their designs. There has already sprung up some Meghan Markle fashion watch sites.
Meghan's Mirror Harry and Meghan attend Pippa Middleton’s Wedding Reception – Meghan's Mirror
and What Meghan Wore Meghan's Fashion - What Meghan Markle Wore

The Daily Fail as usual is jumping on piecemeal tidbits and non-reporting by other media outlets to make stuff up. I've stopped clicking on every Daily Fail article that's out there, especially about Meghan.

Here's a less insulting Meghan & fashion commentary from the LA Times:
http://www.latimes.com/fashion/la-ig-meghan-markle-prince-harry-20170525-htmlstory.html

Actually, before Meghan even met Prince Harry, a number of people and designers involved in the fashion industry had become admirers of hers. That's one of the reasons why Meghan was approached by Reitmans to create her own line of clothes for the Canadian department store retailer.

Once again, Meghan is not just Prince Harry's girlfriend. She's a pretty amazing and accomplished person in her own right. I think we can safely bet that's one of the huge reasons why Harry is so attracted to Meghan. She's got killer style, beauty, intelligence, common sense, etc., along with a positive, upbeat approach to life, a sense of adventure, and generosity that overflows. Plus, she's a lady who knows and respects her own value, as well as advocating for others to focus on developing self-respect.

I get this from articles Meghan has written, interviews, her humanitarian work, The Tig and her Instagram which abound with inspirational quotes, uplift and encouragement toward others.

Last edited:
She's a California girl but suddenly she can't get enough of posh British brands. Will the real Meghan Markle please stand-up.

Meghan's Sloane Ranger make-over | Daily Mail Online

Rubbish! I won't even click on that link to that fake news tabloid. Meghan wore British brands years before meeting Harry. If the DFail was truly informative they would have done a simple search and found that Meghan has worn clothes from various designers from, US, Canadian, British, Italy etc. You can easily buy Burberry and Canadian-British designer Erdem and other designers in Toronto stores.

Guess what DM, none of those brands are exclusively found in the UK. Not brands you buy on a trip to London. That is how they become as big as they are, they sell all over the world.

Not mine, as I don't have funds even if interest to have a huge wardrobe, in my family you would find an abundance of any of these brands. Actually I do, I have a Burberry scarf and wallet someone got me. My sister has at least three pairs hunter boots, including ones Meg has.

The pictures we have are mainly in Canada or London. A California girl would freeze in Canada in California gear.

Another pathetic rubbish attempt to get readers.

Talking about Wendy Williams, there is this little snippet concerning Meghan that just aired. It turns out that Meghan wanted to appear on the Wendy Williams Show just last year! She went to their studios in NYC & all the staff were mesmerized by her. When the show called back to book her she was no longer answering their phone calls. This happened just right before the news broke about her & Harry! So it turns out that Meghan is a fan of the show after all!!

The story starts at the 13:45 mark

https://youtu.be/C1SECBg5QXk

Talking about Wendy Williams, there is this little snippet concerning Meghan that just aired. It turns out that Meghan wanted to appear on the Wendy Williams Show just last year! She went to their studios in NYC & all the staff were mesmerized by her. When the show called back to book her she was no longer answering their phone calls. This happened just right before the news broke about her & Harry! So it turns out that Meghan is a fan of the show after all!!

The story starts at the 13:45 mark

Noooo, I was just going to post it! Haha Wendy is trash but Hot topics is my guilty pleasure of the day.

The story starts at the 13:45 mark.

So funny! :flowers: Thanks for the snippet. Interesting how they describe her: 'On her own, no agent, no boyfriend, no dog...' Ha! ;)

Wendy Williams is a trip. She's so out there and in your face, and obviously our Trump-sized culture loves that type of loud, self-aggrandizing aggressiveness and self-promotion. I mean she's out front about her ambition and her viewpoints and her diva-tude, which makes people snap to attention and take notice. She's obviously hard-working and intelligent too, and she's a creature of her own making. I guess more power to her. Maybe some people think the same about Meghan. I think the difference is that Meghan is quieter, more reflective & philosophical, less double-sided and fake, no less tough, articulate and ambitious, but more genuinely caring about what she can do on a human level to serve others while in the process of becoming successful herself. If Wendy gives to humanitarian and charitable efforts, that's all good too but I think Wendy is more self-promoting for self-promotion sake (and unabashedly larger than life about her 'brand').

Wendy did an earlier feature on Meghan soon after the news broke that she was dating Harry, in which Wendy opined that the relationship probably would not go far because of Meghan's annoying half-siblings. Well, Wendy was wrong. Meghan's half-siblings have nothing to do with why Prince Harry and Meghan became attracted to each other in the first place. And I suppose Harry is determined not to allow things or people outside of their relationship to dictate Meghan's acceptance by his family!

If this story about Meghan wanting to be on Wendy's show is accurate, why didn't they mention it earlier? Based on what Wendy's producer said in the clip, the time frame would have to be sometime in June or July 2016 whenever Meghan happened to be in New York City (because that's around the time she met and then later became serious about Harry). Meghan was at Wimbledon in late June/early July 2016. And according to reports, her relationship with Harry became serious around mid-July. I'm not sure when Meghan would have been in NYC around this time. There could have been other conflicts aside from Harry as to why Meghan did not return a call back, if that's what actually happened. Or, maybe after vistiting the show for an hour, Meghan changed her mind? There's no way to verify any of this. But Wendy bringing it up certainly is a way to gather interest, clicks/ increased viewers who might stick. I would imagine the show already has great ratings. The reality is: As Meghan's romance with Prince Harry continues to heat up, everyone automatically wants a piece of Meghan. What a world we live in. Maybe it's always been thus, in different ways.

What are the origins of being royal anyway? If you're royal, your ancestors won most of the wars and were skilled at gathering enough soldiers and loyal supporters around them in order to fortify their wealthy position (which generally involved owning large swaths of land).

Origins of Royalty - How Royalty Works | HowStuffWorks

Okay, that's a discussion for a different part of this forum. Back to Harry and Meghan. Harry is royal due to his accident of birth. In present day realities, being royal can be a huge pain in the nether regions, but it's something you become adjusted to and learn how to navigate. As Prince Andrew once said to a journalist, slightly paraphrased: "Being royal is no different from being you or anyone else. The difference is a matter of circumstances and experience. What I have experienced is different from your experiences. Your version of normal is different from my version of normal." I think Andrew means that being royal, he's still human like everyone else but his existence is heightened and challenged by experiences that most people do not consider normal.

Being royal often complicates your personal life and your love life too. So, I think Prince Harry is lucky to have found Meghan. And if a royal life with Harry is what Meghan wants, and maybe she has aspired to live a heightened existence in some sense, then she's prepared for the headache parts, which is likely music to Harry's ears, and probably manna from heaven for him since he's had so much difficulty in finding someone to love, to trust, and to be on the same wavelength with who is also not frightened off by the media hordes. Meghan seems perfect for Harry in so many ways.

I wish them luck, as they already seem to share much happiness.

Last edited:
MaiaMia_53;1989370. said:
What are the origins of being royal anyway? If you're royal, your ancestors won most of the wars and were skilled at gathering enough soldiers and loyal supporters around them in order to fortify their wealthy position (which generally involved owning large swaths of land.

Do you mean 'huuuuuuge... tracts of land'. :D

I wish them luck, as they already seem to share much happiness.

I do as well and agree they seem happy. From what we can see. :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Huh? It seems you entered your comment in the wrong thread. This is about Harry and and his relationships, not his parents. Or maybe you mean to add more to your sentence to relate it to the discussion>

Whoops! I guess I did. I have to go back and see where I meant to put that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom