The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2017, 10:23 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Considering the source, I'd not believe a word of it. They usually have no clue about what they're writing.

I posted it really because of what he says about Harry and Meghan. I really couldn't care less about the rest.

Old 02-11-2017, 05:32 PM
Majesty

Quick, Harry, read this! It's Meghan's Valentine wish list | Daily Mail Online

Old 02-11-2017, 08:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Observer7 View Post
I posted it really because of what he says about Harry and Meghan. I really couldn't care less about the rest.

The point I think you've missed is that the Daily Mail is a completely un-credible source for information. The reporters there aren't actually reporting news so much as making **** up. Sometimes there might be a vein of truth, but not typically.

The article you've posted doesn't have a single verifiable fact in it. It's all based on rumours and sensationalization. It's actually a perfect example of why the Daily Mail is no longer allowed to be used a source on Wikipedia. You know a paper is ridiculous when Wikipedia doesn't consider it reliable enough.
Old 02-11-2017, 08:50 PM
Heir Apparent

I see the Daily Fail has been trawling through old items posted on The Tig again in order to pull some sort of article together. The above was probably something Meghan posted in the run up to St V's day 2015.
Old 02-11-2017, 11:29 PM
Nobility

Valentine's Day is not celebrated in Britain is it?

I wonder what he got Meghan?

I am also curious about Harry's reaction or what it will be to American holidays like Thanksgiving? We don't eat the healthiest things on that day. But it is so good!! If they marry or get engaged, they'll probably fly to the US for that since it's not celebrated in the UK.

What Meghan should do is take Harry to Georgia and Tennessee where her mother is from and let him experience the south its food, and the accents! HAHAHA!! It will be major culture shock I'm sure.
Old 02-11-2017, 11:46 PM
Aristocracy

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...prom-ceremony/

It will always amaze me when people are so filled with hatred and will claim she has had surgery and a nose job but she looks exactly the same and its been 17 years! I really love her natural hair too...It looks so wavy and soft! Also,he Sun has really gone out of their way to track down anything they can find but I think they have learned not to mess with Meghan so hopefully they won't dig too deep and end up having to apologize again!
Old 02-12-2017, 12:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

I am also curious about Harry's reaction or what it will be to American holidays like Thanksgiving? We don't eat the healthiest things on that day. But it is so good!! If they marry or get engaged, they'll probably fly to the US for that since it's not celebrated in the UK.

What Meghan should do is take Harry to Georgia and Tennessee where her mother is from and let him experience the south its food, and the accents! HAHAHA!! It will be major culture shock I'm sure.

Not celebrated in the UK? you don't think valentines is some American construct do you

Beyond the whole Saint valentine thing, the earliest examples of modern valentine traditions started in England and spread from there. This isn't done american concept Harry will just be introduced to.

As for thanksgiving, thohgh the name is not commonly used, you will find countries all over the world, celebrate a similar holiday. After all. Take out the pilgrims, it's simply a harvest festival. The U.K. Is like Canada, and celebrates much earlier. Thohgh they don't have a set date, usually around the harvest moon. I recall celebrating it in Wales.

As for the fail, the post comes from February 2015. Meghan has done a valentines post every year since she started the tig. That was her first, as the tig was started may 2014. 2016 she did a post on how to celebrate the holiday even if single. This year she just posted on makeup for the big date.
Old 02-12-2017, 12:25 AM
Heir Apparent

A friend in England collected greetings cards years ago and she had two absolutely beautiful home-made ones, one from around 1810, one in the early 1830's it was estimated. Valentine's Day is certainly celebrated throughout Britain and much of the Commonwealth. The newspapers here are always full of loving and sometimes quite cheesy Valentine's Day messages between lovers and spouses. I don't think we'll be reading any between Harry and Meghan, however!
Old 02-12-2017, 12:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

1. Harry's been to Tennessee before

2. Harry's been literally all around the word. He's been throughout Europe and North America. He's been to South America, Australia, Africa, Asia. Heck, he's even been to both the North Pole and the South Pole. I'm going to make a guess that he's fairly used to adapting to different cultures.
Old 02-12-2017, 12:36 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilacmagnolia View Post
I think it's adorable that her dad did the lighting for her plays in high school.
Old 02-12-2017, 01:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes, it was a very interesting and fun article. Prom Queens are so much part of the US high school scene, and it's good that Meghan participated, enjoyed herself, dated and did some drama at her school.
Old 02-12-2017, 02:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

I don't think it would be a shock he has been around.
Old 02-12-2017, 05:25 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
When it comes to holidays, if and when Harry and Meghan marry, its possible that they'll start their own traditions with possibly celebrating the American Thanksgiving at home with a nice, fat turkey. To me, any little old thing is a grand excuse to make a nice, fat turkey. Living in Canada, Meghan probably is already familiar with Boxing Day. I'm sure the couple will fly to the US to celebrate certain holidays with her mother and/or her father but I do think they'll make Christmas at Balmoral as much as they can. I think also that it would be probably easier for them to fly her parents over to the UK at times too. With Meghan living permanently in the UK, I would bet my last red licorice bit that Meghan would adapt to British holidays rather than Harry adapt to US holidays.

One holiday I bet they'd really be looking forward to celebrating is Mothering Sunday though. It would mean that they have a family.
Old 02-12-2017, 12:29 PM
Royal Highness

If they got engaged this is one royal wedding I would not watch. Run, Harry, run. I am entitled to my own opinion. She is too Hollywood and too common. I think her family would NEVER maintain the class and dignity as the Duchess of Cambridge's family has.
Old 02-12-2017, 12:43 PM
Commoner

Well to each their own. Your extremely negative view of Prince Harry and Meghan's relationship is unfortunate, but while you're on one end of extreme opinion, I'm on the other. I plan to schedule my annual visit to London to coordinate with their wedding as I want to be a proud Anglophile American joining in on the festivities. I was 14 when Prince Charles married Diana, watched it on TV; I took the day off from work to watch William marry Kate; and I will be in London to celebrate the possible marriage between Harry and Meghan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade View Post
If they got engaged this is one royal wedding I would not watch. Run, Harry, run. I am entitled to my own opinion. She is too Hollywood and too common. I think her family would NEVER maintain the class and dignity as the Duchess of Cambridge's family has.
Old 02-12-2017, 12:44 PM
Serene Highness

Is Harry attracting better women though? It's not like Harry is pursuing nicer women who actually have something other than Hollywood hype. He's hanging around the idle jet set types and basically not making much of himself in his spare time. So really, why on earth should anyone really look down on someone who is supposedly inferior to Harry, when Harry has made it clear through his actions that this is the kind of woman he prefers?
Old 02-12-2017, 12:44 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade View Post
Her family doesn't really matter. Harry is 5th in-line and will only move further.
Did the families of Tony, Sarah, Mark, Tim and Sophie have any bearing on the monarchy? 15 years from now the media won't care about Meghan, let alone her family.

The only people who will be affected by the Markles are Harry stans. They'll read the tabloid gossip and read the family interviews and they'll get themselves into a tizzy.
Old 02-12-2017, 12:50 PM
Nobility

Quote:
When it comes to holidays, if and when Harry and Meghan marry, its possible that they'll start their own traditions with possibly celebrating the American Thanksgiving at home with a nice, fat turkey. To me, any little old thing is a grand excuse to make a nice, fat turkey. Living in Canada, Meghan probably is already familiar with Boxing Day. I'm sure the couple will fly to the US to celebrate certain holidays with her mother and/or her father but I do think they'll make Christmas at Balmoral as much as they can. I think also that it would be probably easier for them to fly her parents over to the UK at times too. With Meghan living permanently in the UK, I would bet my last red licorice bit that Meghan would adapt to British holidays rather than Harry adapt to US holidays.

One holiday I bet they'd really be looking forward to celebrating is Mothering Sunday though. It would mean that they have a family.
There are some holidays that we celebrate that the British do not I'm sure. And, yes, Meghan will settle in the UK but she'll go home to visit her family and friends. Meghan marrying Harry doesn't change who she is now. She is an American born and raised in the US.

Mrs. Markle may say to Harry and Meghan a few times, "No, you two come to me." And she needs to come home as often as possible too. She should not loose herself.
Old 02-12-2017, 12:54 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by royaldreams View Post
Well to each their own. Your extremely negative view of Prince Harry and Meghan's relationship is unfortunate, but while you're on one end of extreme opinion, I'm on the other. I plan to schedule my annual visit to London to coordinate with their wedding as I want to be a proud Anglophile American joining in on the festivities. I was 14 when Prince Charles married Diana, watched it on TV; I took the day off from work to watch William marry Kate; and I will be in London to celebrate the possible marriage between Harry and Meghan.

I was 10 when he married Diana. WOW! Go figure!! I was watching it too.
Old 02-12-2017, 01:24 PM
Nobility

Quote:

In the UK we have the full turkey dinner - at Christmas. I would find it really odd to have a big slap-up turkey lunch in November and then another the following month. It seems really weird to me to have a big family get together holiday so close to Christmas and Boxing Day.

I would presume that Meghan would have to give up her US citizenship were she to marry Harry. If for no other reason that the US tax laws which require US citizens living abroad to pay taxes in the US on overseas income. For example, our Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson gave up his US citizenship last year because, having not lived in the US since he was 5 years old, he had to pay $50k tax to the US government when he sold his house in the UK.

Would Meghan have to pay tax to the US govt. on funds the Prince of Wales might give her for undertaking royal engagements?

Of course, renouncing her US citizenship wouldn't mean she can't partake of American customs.

Closed Thread