Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering, but is there anyone in here who thinks that this time Harry hit the jackpot? The media always tries to make out that these girls are oh so lucky to be dating a Prince, but with Meghan I feel she has herself together so muh that Harry is the one who lucked out.

I absolutely do. I think, that she hits all the right spots perfectly for him, personality wise, looks wise, her career and education. And I think they met at the right time in their lives, too.

Eta: what part of British public is this relationship not popular among? Where is this poll posted, because I wasn't asked, and I've not read anything that suggests about the popularity of this relationship.

Last edited:
I absolutely do. I think, that she hits all the right spots perfectly for him, personality wise, looks wise, her career and education. And I think they met at the right time in their lives, too.

Eta: what part of British public is this relationship not popular among? Where is this poll posted, because I wasn't asked, and I've not read anything that suggests about the popularity of this relationship.

Probably the Daily Mail and its commenters:lol:

I have no idea if Harry has hit the jackpot or not, because I know nothing about Meghan personally, much less as a girlfriend or a prospective wife. What I seem to notice is that his relationship with Meghan is not particularly popular among the British public.

That could be simply because Meghan is the current girlfriend. :lol:

When Chelsy was dating Harry, she came in for lots of criticism. But as soon as they broke up, there was only praise.
Same with Cressida. She (and her family) got slammed almost as much as the Middletons, but as soon as she and Harry split up, she became the perfect one that got away.

I think that would of already happened if they both didn't have the same or similar views.

LaRae

I agree, at their age, they aren't going to play around. Especially Meghan. It's not like in your twenties when you date for fun, and hope perhaps the other person may change their mind on things. In your thirties you know what you want in life and a partner. And if your partner doesn't want the same thing, you won't simply waste time. They will have discussed marriage and kids, even if not close to bring ready. Even if they don't get engaged for a year, no point putting time and work into a relationship you don't see going the full.

This article also comes from the Star which is a tabloid known for not so bright "credible sources" feeding them.

Of course if the tabloids make stuffs up, anyone is free to believe what they dish out. I personally don't and avoid links to the Star, the Sun, the Daily Fail and other publications blowing smoke out of their nether regions.

A good credible source would be to look to Kensington Palace for an announcement. That's what I'll wait for.

Out of curiosity, I have been reading the official explanatory notes for the Succession to the Crown Act 2013 and here is what it says about consent to royal marriages:

19.Subsection (1) provides that any of the first six people in the line of succession to the Crown must obtain the consent of Her Majesty prior to their marriage. This effects a substantial decrease from the number of people affected by the Royal Marriages Act 1772. The recent practice under that Act is for Ministers to be informed of a proposed marriage of a person close in the succession to the Throne, and to have the opportunity of giving formal advice to Her Majesty as to whether consent should be given. The Government expects this practice to continue.

Source: Succession to the Crown Act 2013
So there seems to be official confirmation that ministers must be previously informed of Prince Harry's intention to marry and that the Queen should seek advice from the government before consenting to the marriage or not.

Last edited:
:previous: Yes until we hear it from the horses mouth I don't believe anything. And in this case, the horses mouth would be KP and then likely an interview like the Cambridges to announce.

No one that knows Harry and his intentions to propose would speak to tabloids.

As we have seen with other royal couples, and with Harry in previous, never count chickens before they hatch.

This article also comes from the Star which is a tabloid known for not so bright "credible sources" feeding them.

Of course if the tabloids make stuffs up, anyone is free to believe what they dish out. I personally don't and avoid links to the Star, the Sun, the Daily Fail and other publications blowing smoke out of their nether regions.

A good credible source would be to look to Kensington Palace for an announcement. That's what I'll wait for.

KP, CH and BP will be the best source for any announcement. We all have to wait for them to say something when the couple is ready.

Well, you're not going to get that so you might as well forget it.

:previous: Sure we will. The day Harry and Meghan publicly announce their engagement like Will and Kate did. ;) Then it'll be official.

If I'm not mistaken, the press corps were summoned by Clarence House for an announcement just hours before it happened. Clarence House was where the Wales boys had their offices and resided with their father at the time. With Will, Kate and Harry now having their staff at Kensington Palace, I imagine it will be them that will summon the press corps for the announcement.

Last edited:
The sad thing about marrying a senior member of the BRF, the future spouse will have to give up a lot. Obviously, they know what they're getting in to. It's just so much and so overwhelming.

I think for someone who has been exposed to all the media and 'trappings' of famous/wealthy folks it might be somewhat easier to handle. You know what you are getting into.

Any couple, from the poor to the wealthy have to give something up when they marry. There's always going to be loss and gain at the same time.

LaRae

No one knows what they are getting into when they marry royalty. Everyone thought Diana knew and she had no idea. We can just hope that IF she marries him she is strong enough to keep her head above water.

No one knows what they are getting into when they marry royalty. Everyone thought Diana knew and she had no idea. We can just hope that IF she marries him she is strong enough to keep her head above water.

Diana's problem was different. She didn't have that much problem with the duties she had to take on. It was the marriage itself.

Diana was barely 20 and had never dealt with all the hoopla media stuff until she was outed as the g/f of Charles. Barely dated (if you can call it dating) Charles before they married.

VAST difference between she and someone like Meghan.

LaRae

Diana's problem was different. She didn't have that much problem with the duties she had to take on. It was the marriage itself.

I agree up to a point. I think the media scrutiny and obsession also contributed. I don't think anyone back then expected anything like the media storm that occurred. Now, that kind of intrusion is known and expected, but then not so much, if at all.

And, I think knowing what may happen and actually experiencing it is a totally different thing. Meghan, IMHO, has only experienced a small amount of what will await her if she marries Harry.

I agree up to a point. I think the media scrutiny and obsession also contributed. I don't think anyone back then expected anything like the media storm that occurred. Now, that kind of intrusion is known and expected, but then not so much, if at all.

And, I think knowing what may happen and actually experiencing it is a totally different thing. Meghan, IMHO, has only experienced a small amount of what will await her if she marries Harry.

And that is why William and now Harry are so concerned about drawing a line between public duties and private life. They want to tamp down the flames before they erupt into a wildfire-out of control.

Diana was barely 20 and had never dealt with all the hoopla media stuff until she was outed as the g/f of Charles. Barely dated (if you can call it dating) Charles before they married.

VAST difference between she and someone like Meghan.

LaRae

The point is everyone says "oh she knows what shes getting into" and they never do because you dont know how horrible it will be until you are in. Diana didn't know Sarah didn't know, Sophie didn't know, Kate probably didn't even know, Phillip didn't even know the entirety of it all until it happened. Meghan may be more savvy when dealing with media but I still doubt that would give her much knowledge on being a part of the BRF. As I said I hope she has more strength of character than anything else because no one knows what they are really getting into when they marry a royal.

The point is everyone says "oh she knows what shes getting into" and they never do because you dont know how horrible it will be until you are in. Diana didn't know Sarah didn't know, Sophie didn't know, Kate probably didn't even know, Phillip didn't even know the entirety of it all until it happened. Meghan may be more savvy when dealing with media but I still doubt that would give her much knowledge on being a part of the BRF. As I said I hope she has more strength of character than anything else because no one knows what they are really getting into when they marry a royal.

I agree with you I think until your part of it you wouldn't have any idea what it's really like. Even just little things could be a "what the ?" moment

I just want pictures of the reception. Then I want an engagement announcement. Then a wedding. Then some babies!! Is that asking too much? :)
No, of course it isn't. Now, about that timeline . . . . . :ohmy:
Just wondering, but is there anyone in here who thinks that this time Harry hit the jackpot? The media always tries to make out that these girls are oh so lucky to be dating a Prince, but with Meghan I feel she has herself together so muh that Harry is the one who lucked out.
Excellent point Xenia and yes, I certainly think that. He grew up with Chelsy and they grew apart, Cressida was almost completely inanimate and they never look "loved up" and she aspired to be a dancer (years too late) a model (same), become and actress. And lo, she has acted.

Now Meghan is the one we know both the most and the least about. She's educated, she's intelligent, she's animated, she's gracious, she is a self-confessed feminist, she puts her money where her mouth is so to speak, she can deliver a speech at the UN and do it well, she had a bread and butter job doing calligraphy until her acting paid enough to pay the rent. She obviously thinks enough of Harry to have made several transatlantic trips but we haven't seen them together. She would almost seem made for a man in his situation. So yes, he's lucky.

Now, we don't know anything personal about her except those who read The Tig before she closed it down. From what we have seen, she knows how to dress, but are those her clothes or does she, like many on the red carpet, wear them for the fashion label. We don't know if she's political or more like Charles, a doer. Most important of all, does she love Harry enough to marry him with all his baggage (train).

Why do you say that?

It seems like both of them are putting a lot of effort into this relationship. Every month they are still together makes a wedding more likely.

No...no. My reply had to do with a poster saying that they wanted or they'd wait for an announcement from KP about Pippa, Meghan, and this wedding.

Last edited:
PHP:
No...no. My reply had to do with a poster saying that they wanted or they'd wait for an announce from KP about Pippa, Meghan and this wedding.

The poster wasn't talking about an announcement about Meghan attending the wedding :lol:

They were commenting on the tabloids reporting that Harry was about to propose. And inside sources revealed to tabloids that the wedding was some sign it would be soon.

The comment was that tabloids are bs and not to believe any engagement until an announcement is made by the palace.

None of this had to do with Pippa and some official clarification about Meghan going.

... Excellent point Xenia and yes, I certainly think that...

Now Meghan is the one we know both the most and the least about. She's educated, she's intelligent, she's animated, she's gracious, she is a self-confessed feminist, she puts her money where her mouth is so to speak, she can deliver a speech at the UN and do it well, she had a bread and butter job doing calligraphy until her acting paid enough to pay the rent. She obviously thinks enough of Harry to have made several transatlantic trips but we haven't seen them together. She would almost seem made for a man in his situation. So yes, he's lucky.

Now, we don't know anything personal about her except those who read The Tig before she closed it down. From what we have seen, she knows how to dress, but are those her clothes or does she, like many on the red carpet, wear them for the fashion label. We don't know if she's political or more like Charles, a doer. Most important of all, does she love Harry enough to marry him with all his baggage (train).

I agree with you mostly, except we have seen them together more than once, and there are some clues in interviews, quotes, etc., regarding her general life philosophy and political leanings. She definitely is a doer and an energetic go-getter. Plus, there's a ton of pre-Harry tv show interviews, Suits Q&A related spots, red carpet interviews, promotional interviews, including hair and fashion-related spots, Meghan interacting with fans, magazine interviews, essays and articles Meghan has written beyond The Tig, and you can learn a slew about Meghan from her Instagram pics and posts (showing her with her friends, her Mom, her dogs, her travels), inspirational quotations and sayings, video of her working out, and acting silly, shots inside her apartment, some of which are still up. She is clearly a fun, down-to-earth, generous, classy, positive, giving person.

There are videos of Meghan talking about how her fashion sense changed when she began to learn more about designer wear on Suits, and she has talked about her casual style, and anecdotes about growing up in some of the articles she's written. There's really a lot available about her character and her personality, if you have the time to look at it all. ;) And if you do it before her Instagram is completely shuttered. You are right we don't know details about her feelings for Harry, except the reports that they are comfortable with each other and happy together. Time will tell us more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqLDmuMLYTM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpZ4T_hTzNM
Some inaccuracies in this early rundown video; H&M were introduced by Markus Anderson by most accounts, not by Misha Nonoo, though Meghan is good friends with both Markus and Misha (a designer who used to be married to a friend of William's and Harry's); it's not certain that Meghan first met Harry at Invictus games, it's more likely they were introduced at Soho House in London.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqT88oPtEfU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVgwBc3SjZg

Yep, Prince Harry is lucky to have met Meghan and to have her as his girlfriend, and he's acting as if he knows she's special. I wish I'd seen and heard of Meghan before she became Prince Harry's girlfriend. I've been impressed by everything I've read and seen about Meghan. It's rather unusual to know this much about someone who is dating a member of the British royal family. But that's because of Meghan's career, which she is slowly pulling the plug on apparently.

Last edited:
There's also a quote in a pre-Harry article about Meghan's friendship with Serena Williams, in which Meghan is quoted as saying this about why she and Serena clicked immediately when they met:

"We both have endless ambition, and we like to exceed expectations."

And in the first video compilation linked above, there's a feature where Meghan talks about wearing all of her own jewelry on Suits. When asked about what's next for her career, at that point in time she responded..."It's kind of interesting because it could be anything. It kind of feels like the world is my oyster." And she hadn't yet met Prince Harry when she said that.

To me, Meghan seems to be a generous, positive person who exudes confidence, and it looks like serendipitous things have come her way. Although, it's difficult to predict navigating life as a royal, and the upsides and downsides that are involved. We'll see how it all turns out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom