Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone is waiting for an engagement but what would happen if there never is one. Meghan has been there done that so might not be wanting to go there again. Would they be able to continue with their current arrangement? Meghan keeping her acting career etc.

Everyone is waiting for an engagement but what would happen if there never is one. Meghan has been there done that so might not be wanting to go there again. Would they be able to continue with their current arrangement? Meghan keeping her acting career etc.
No, Harry has spoken extensively of wanting to marry and have a family. If Meghan does not want the same thing they would have to go their separate ways.

No, Harry has spoken extensively of wanting to marry and have a family. If Meghan does not want the same thing they would have to go their separate ways.

Interesting what if he was willing to forgo the family or maybe either one can't have children So many people these days are in this position and many don't want to marry. I just find it interesting as it could happen.

I think that would of already happened if they both didn't have the same or similar views.

LaRae

Last summer, Meghan was interviewed by Lifestyle Magazine for the cover article of their fall issue. In that interview, she said:

"I also dream to have a family. It's all about balance, and I have so much happiness in my career and am fortunate to travel the world and see so many amazing things — it will also be nice to be anchored to something grounded and in the same place. Raising a family will be a wonderful part of that."

So from her own lips, marriage/family are a priority for her.

Last summer, Meghan was interviewed by Lifestyle Magazine for the cover article of their fall issue. In that interview, she said:

"I also dream to have a family. It's all about balance, and I have so much happiness in my career and am fortunate to travel the world and see so many amazing things — it will also be nice to be anchored to something grounded and in the same place. Raising a family will be a wonderful part of that."

So from her own lips, marriage/family are a priority for her.

I don't know what Meghan thinks, but, at least in the quote above, she is not saying marriage/family are a priority for her. Instead, she talks about "balance" between her career (and traveling the world etc.) and raising a family. It seems to me that she wants to have both, which obviously will be impossible if she marries Harry unless she considers a "career change" from actress/activist to princess of the United Kingdom.

Last edited:
That's *if* he drove back to KP. We actually have no clue whatsoever just where Meghan was at the time. He did go fetch her though. :D

True. Sky reported that Harry left the first reception after about an hour and returned with Meghan in time for the start of the second reception some hours later. Plenty of time for the round trip. But not sure where else Meghan would be, other than the KP pad she shares with Harry on her visits over.

Anyone know did they stay with the Middleton family (and extended members) last night? Couldn't expect Harry to repeat the route, and definitely not if partying, although of course a (non partying) bodyguard could!

Agreed! I think they are very serious about each other.

I think most everyone here agrees...you don't make the effort they make to see each other unless you are both looking at long term.

LaRae

I don't know what Meghan thinks, but, at least in the quote above, she is not saying marriage/family are a priority for her. Instead, she talks about "balance" between her career (and traveling the world etc.) and raising a family. It seems to me that she wants to have both, which obviously will be impossible if she marries Harry unless she considers a "career change" from actress/activist to princess of the United Kingdom.

I withdraw my use of the word "priority". I always forget about pedantry and that I risk being swiped if i'm not sufficiently precise around here.

royalrob stated that we don't know if she wants marriage because she's been married before. I produced a recent quote that indicates that we do, in fact, have a pretty good idea that she would like a relationship and kids.

Does that work for you?

They likely could, but I don't think it would be a long term solution.

For starters, if Meghan were to continue acting she'd likely have to be based out of the US at least part of the time (or Canada so long as she's still on Suits). While she's doing that any security she and Harry want her to have has to be paid for by the two of them. She's also going to be limited in the roles she gets - she'll only be getting roles from producers who are okay with her not doing any promotional interviews - and what ones she can take - she's not likely to be doing any nudity, sex scenes, etc. And that's in addition to the limitation that her age and race already put on her (she's spoken about how being biracial has made getting roles harder, and actresses who are much bigger than her have commented on how hard it is to get cast as you enter your late 30s/early 40s).

They could very easily have children - they just wouldn't be in the succession or have any titles. Harry wouldn't be the first British Prince to have illegitimate children or live long term with a woman who isn't his wife, nor likely the last. But he would have to be okay with his children having a diminished status in comparison to what he and others of his family have.

There is a huge debate about whether or not Meghan would be allowed to do things like Christmas at Sandringham if she and Harry never married - I think likely not during the Queen's lifetime, at least not if any children aren't born during her lifetime. Meghan also would never accompany Harry on any official engagements. I mean, sure she might be with him if he's in the audience at the Olympics or Wimbledon or something, but she would never be in a carriage with him at Ascot, or standing on the balcony at the Trooping, or with him at any one of the little day to day engagements that he might do. She definitely wouldn't accompany him on any official foreign tours either.

The sense that I've gotten from Harry is that what he wants is something like what William has - a wife and family with whom he can share his life and his role with. I don't think he wants to have just a partner in the background, staying at the palace while he does something for Heads Together or Invictus or a garden party or whatever - he wants someone who is going to be doing that with him, much like how Kate is doing that with William.

Ish;1987621.................... said:
The sense that I've gotten from Harry is that what he wants is something like what William has - a wife and family with whom he can share his life and his role with. I don't think he wants to have just a partner in the background, staying at the palace while he does something for Heads Together or Invictus or a garden party or whatever - he wants someone who is going to be doing that with him, much like how Kate is doing that with William.

Yep, ITA.

LaRae

We will have to see how this plays out.

I am always amazed at how people react to the news. Yesterday, Harry and Meghan were about to announce their engagement. As of today, just because Meghan didn't attend Pippa's wedding, some posters on this forum are speculating if Meghan would agree to be Harry's mistress.

Apparently she was invited to the wedding but she and Harry decided it would be best not to attend so that their relationship and what MM is wearing did not overshadow the bride. He drove back to KP so she would'nt have to arrive alone. He gets major boyfriend points from me. I think they made the right call because of no fault of their own the press would try to rachet up the drama. It also shows good faith with any potential in laws.

I am always amazed at how people react to the news. Yesterday, Harry and Meghan were about to announce their engagement. As of today, just because Meghan didn't attend Pippa's wedding, some posters on this forum are speculating if Meghan would agree to be Harry's mistress.

Noone personally makes a 3 hour roundtrip to go pick up a mistress.....that just does not happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently she was invited to the wedding but she and Harry decided it would be best not to attend so that their relationship and what MM is wearing did not overshadow the bride. He drove back to KP so she would'nt have to arrive alone. He gets major boyfriend points from me. I think they made the right call because of no fault of their own the press would try to rachet up the drama. It also shows good faith with any potential in laws.

I see it more that Meghan was invited to the evening party part of the wedding festivities and not to the actual ceremony and the reception afterwards. Wherever Meghan was at, Harry went and fetched her and they went to the party together as a couple.

I don't think that "upstaging the bride" or the press attention played any part in it as, what we've seen, the press got very little coverage from outside of the church. Harry and Meghan didn't call the shots. The bride and groom issued the invitations and to what part of the festivities they were invited to attend and Harry and Meghan heeded the couple's wishes. This same situation occurred with William and Kate's wedding. Some were invited to the Abbey only. Some were invited to the Abbey and wedding breakfast at BP only and some were invited to the Abbey, the wedding breakfast and the evening party. Some may have only gotten invitations to the evening party. It was totally up to the bride and the groom. No hassles and complaints were heard about the way the bride and groom did that wedding. Pippa and James obviously did the same thing.

Its really simple actually and isn't rocket science to figure out.

The Sun said she was invited to all events but they decided to just attend the evening event.

The Sun is a tabloid and blowing gas filled stories made up without any real credible sources. If you believe the Sun, then you're relying on reports that aren't credible in the least.

No one, and I repeat, no one had any clue of what Pippa's guest list looked like.

Describing Meghan as merely a "jump off" (causal sex partner) is also a mistake. Harry would has sent a bodyguard to go get Meghan if she were.

Harry and Meghan have been dating for about 10 months or so, they make efforts to see each other while in a long distance relationship and they are both at an age where lust is not enough. Meghan has her own accomplishments: no Oscars or Emmys or Tonys on the mantle but she's on a long running TV show (where she would get residuals when it goes into reruns and rentals) and an UN ambassador. Meghan's net worth has been guessed between 5 - 7 million. Not in the same range as Harry or any of the other aristocratic set but it's her money that she earned, not inherited.

Again let's see where it goes. It's fascinating to say the least.

The Sun is a tabloid and blowing gas filled stories made up without any real credible sources. If you believe the Sun, then you're relying on reports that aren't credible in the least.

No one, and I repeat, no one had any clue of what Pippa's guest list looked like.

I believe the Sun....

This was Pippa's and her husband's wedding, and they decided on the wedding list. Imo at the actual wedding were family and friends, as they had to keep the numbers to a limit. I read, that James' brother's girlfriend wasn't invited either, so I think had Meghan been invited, it would've forced Pippa and James to invite 10+ other plus ones, and there simply wasn't room for that.

This speaks nothing about how serious Harry and Meghan are or aren't, this wasn't a wedding of their close friends, or family, and they weren't the concern of the marrying couple.

Just wondering, but is there anyone in here who thinks that this time Harry hit the jackpot? The media always tries to make out that these girls are oh so lucky to be dating a Prince, but with Meghan I feel she has herself together so muh that Harry is the one who lucked out.

Just wondering, but is there anyone in here who thinks that this time Harry hit the jackpot? The media always tries to make out that these girls are oh so lucky to be dating a Prince, but with Meghan I feel she has herself together so muh that Harry is the one who lucked out.

I agree with you. To me, it seems like the both of them came together at the right time in their lives, at the right place and seem to perfectly compliment each other. There may be a lot we don't know about this couple but from what we've been able to see, they go together like peanut butter and jelly. :D

I don't think it would be a problem for Meghan to give up her career. She even said that she has difficulty getting good roles because of her ethnicity, for some roles she is too white, for others too black ... In her interviews it seems that what matters most to her is social work and she will continue Doing, even more than now. And I agree, for me they are very serious, Harry is no longer a boy and he is crazy to start a family.

I'm glad that Meghan got to attend the wedding reception in the end. I read somewhere that it was her own choice not to attend the service but she was invited, is this true? The press will be speculating about this matter so I can never trust them.
It was really sweet of Harry to drive her there. He seems like a considerate soul.

I'm glad that Meghan got to attend the wedding reception in the end. I read somewhere that it was her own choice not to attend the service but she was invited, is this true? The press will be speculating about this matter so I can never trust them.
It was really sweet of Harry to drive her there. He seems like a considerate soul.

I don't think we will ever know for sure. I doubt any of those that know will tell the press.

I don't think it was true, why would she be invited to a ceremony of people she doesn't know when the church already has limited space?

I don't think it was true, why would she be invited to a ceremony of people she doesn't know when the church already has limited space?

Exactly. And furthermore, as already mentioned, why mention it to the press? It seems like a 'tasteless' thing to say to the press and I can't imagine Meghan ringing them up to inform them. So I think we can safely answer "probably not" to my question.

I have no idea if Harry has hit the jackpot or not, because I know nothing about Meghan personally, much less as a girlfriend or a prospective wife. What I seem to notice is that his relationship with Meghan is not particularly popular among the British public. I also think they haven't been dating for a long time and that it is not wise to rush into long-term commitments like marriage.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom