Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally a picture! They are smiling and look happy.Their turn next. [emoji6]

That's what I was thinking. :cool: I think Prince Harry is doing the full-court-press with her (getting her invited to the wedding is part of that, I think). I wish him well, and rather hope she will agree. :flowers: She will make a gorgeous bride, both because she is very agreeable to look at and because she has such style herself. We shall see.

I see nice makeup and sparkling earrings on Meghan and a nice smile on Prince Harry. It is not much---but it is enough?

Sparkling earrings and a smile are a sign they are next :ermm:

Gabriela and Eugenie dates were the same. Well maybe one of them will be next. Honestly Gabriela seems most likely to be next.

Sparkling earrings and a smile are a sign they are next :ermm:

Gabriela and Eugenie dates were the same. Well maybe one of them will be next. Honestly Gabriela seems most likely to be next.
Um...no. Me saying "they're next" is clearly my wish for the couple.?

Picture is no big deal. Meghan is in shadow and there is a glare that makes her barely visible.

So now that there's a pic, is it enough proof that she was there? Or is the picture too grainy to be trusted? I like that this couple are doing things their way, and being as low key as possible too. Imo both go for great lengths to see each other, appreciate each other, and respect each other. I love it.

The Windsor theory is more plausible; I had no idea of the geography of Berkshire?) so put out the hotel idea, but I would think that a comfy afternoon at the family castle would be more in the Prince's scheme of things for his Meghan.

Maybe Harry prevailed upon the Yorks and had Meghan stay at Royal Lodge. Princess Eugenie was, after all, a guest at the wedding, and Harry has always been on good terms with them. The Yorks might have even hosted Harry and Meghan at Chalet Helora.

The reception after the wedding is being held on the church grounds itself in a marquee. The evening party is slated to be in the "crystal palace" which is on the Middleton's estate.

Harry may have picked up Meghan to drive her to the church grounds reception.
I think the fact that the villagers were allowed way in front of the media to watch the arrival of the guests and the bride really says how well the Middleton's are accepted as part of the village. On the same theme, both William and Harry managed to disappear into the guests with ease which shows how relaxed both are around the Middleton clan.

I'm a bit dubious about the report that had Harry had to do a 100 mile round trip to KP and back to pick up Meghan. Two things come to mind;

1. Leaving her safely at the Middleton's home, as previously reported was perfectly sensible and also makes me think she went to the reception because by then the family, friends and media had all seen the bride in all her beauty and her presence at the Reception wouldn't detract from the bridal couple.

2. It would be rude of Harry to skip the Wedding Reception having been invited to the wedding. Moreover, the reception would be the perfect opportunity to meet more of Harry's friends. It's a bit hard to meet new people and remember their faces, let alone their names in a crowded evening bash with the music rocking and the lights strobing.

Looks like the Sun got the money shot. Curious about more pictures possibly coming out.

As for being stared at, any woman dating a senior British royal is going to get this treatment. If Harry were 10th in line to the throne his love life would not get a lot of ink and clicks. What ups the curiosity ante is Meghan is an American, a divorcee, a woman of color, and a practitioner of the Jewish faith according to some reports. To have a woman with this kind of background possibly marrying into the BRF has some significance in history making and putting on a new image of the British monarchy. For that reason the stares are going to be more intense. If there were an engagement announcement the media would go into hyper-drive with questions about a woman with
a diverse heritage and her potential impact.

Here, here. A fine post.

I think the Royals themselves are less concerned over her ethnicity and divorce and more concerned about her current family and discord within that makes its way into the press. The 1990's press wars are a lesson hard learned for the Windsors.

Here, here. A fine post.

I think the Royals themselves are less concerned over her ethnicity and divorce and more concerned about her current family and discord within that makes its way into the press. The 1990's press wars are a lesson hard learned for the Windsors.

The discord is pretty much her much older half sister who seems to be jealous of Meghan's life and seeks to make herself important. Not really much of a problem IMO.

I think the fact that the villagers were allowed way in front of the media to watch the arrival of the guests and the bride really says how well the Middleton's are accepted as part of the village. On the same theme, both William and Harry managed to disappear into the guests with ease which shows how relaxed both are around the Middleton clan.

I'm a bit dubious about the report that had Harry had to do a 100 mile round trip to KP and back to pick up Meghan. Two things come to mind;

1. Leaving her safely at the Middleton's home, as previously reported was perfectly sensible and also makes me think she went to the reception because by then the family, friends and media had all seen the bride in all her beauty and her presence at the Reception wouldn't detract from the bridal couple.

2. It would be rude of Harry to skip the Wedding Reception having been invited to the wedding. Moreover, the reception would be the perfect opportunity to meet more of Harry's friends. It's a bit hard to meet new people and remember their faces, let alone their names in a crowded evening bash with the music rocking and the lights strobing.

I don't think she was in London but I doubt she was at Middleton. For one he was seen driving her. If she was already at Middleton manor where would he be seen driving her? The night party was there.

Middleton manor would be crazy with caterers and staff. Not to mention she has never met the family till now. A bit uncomfortable for her.

More likely they have a hotel room. They aren't likely to have driven back to London after the party. And Middleton manor would be full. She was likely where ever they are staying tonight.

I don't think she was in London but I doubt she was at Middleton. For one he was seen driving her. If she was already at Middleton manor where would he be seen driving her? The night party was there.

Middleton manor would be crazy with caterers and staff. Not to mention she has never met the family till now. A bit uncomfortable for her.

More likely they have a hotel room. They aren't likely to have driven back to London after the party. And Middleton manor would be full. She was likely where ever they are staying tonight.

I agree, this seems more practical.

Why does it matter what Kate wore? Or what food was served? People are interested. If you aren't, by all means don't venture a guess.

Curiosity and the disbelief in the stories printed in the press.����

Why does it matter what Kate wore? Or what food was served? People are interested. If you aren't, by all means don't venture a guess.

Why does it matter what Kate wore, because she was part of the bridal party and women like talking about clothes.
It does not matter what food was served and I have yet to see anyone here talk about it.
Speculating about where Meghan was and how far Harry had to go to get her?
I just assumed that he important things were Meghan wasn't at the wedding but shes at the party; the in between I would think is irrelevant. I do not understand why that matters and I asked a genuine question because I was hoping for a genuine answer and not an attitude.

^^Spoken like a true resident of Noneofyourbusiness Drive. :)

Xenia, this is a little puzzle that is fun to figure out.

OK thank you, thats all I was wondering, to me it didn't make sense so I just wanted to better understand.

Last edited:
Why does it matter what Kate wore, because she was part of the bridal party and women like talking about clothes. It does not matter what food was served and I have yet to see anyone here talk about it. Speculating about where Meghan was and how far Harry had to go to get her? I just assumed that he important things were Meghan wasn't at the wedding but shes at the party; the in between I would think is irrelevant.

You are an interesting contradiction, XeniaCasaraghi. :flowers: You profess a desire not to be restricted in what you talk about (when you perceive a criticism) yet you (on the same foot) question everyone else's conversational points as unworthy, irrelevant. How does this work?

I do not understand why that matters and I asked a genuine question because I was hoping for a genuine answer and not an attitude.

Not an attitude? :huh: That's good to know. Wondering why posters must justify their interests to you. Are you doing research? You are a funny one. :cool:

Reactions: hel
Okay, claws away people - back on topic, which is not a debate on what is or is not important to discuss.

Further bickering posts will be removed.

Over all the conversations about this wedding so far, something has stood out for me. We weren't invited. Nor was the Press. I think it can be boiled down to titles of children's Dick and Jane books easily too.

1. Dick and Jane Get Engaged
2. Dick and Jane Plan A Wedding
3. Dick and Jane Make A Guest List
4. Dick and Jane Ignore The Press
5. Dick and Jane Baffle The Public
6. Dick and Jane Get Married

Lets face it. It was Pippa and James' wedding first and foremost. We were lucky to be able to get the pictures that we did by courtesy of the bride and groom. Privacy for the entire event was paramount and so was the guest list their own business.

Every speculation about Meghan's attendance is just that. Speculation. Logic tells me that if Pippa and James drew up the guest list of who would be invited where, that's exactly what happened and it wouldn't have mattered if one was a prince or a pauper, if your name isn't on the list for a certain event, you're not invited to it. Harry and Meghan adhered to the wishes of the bride and groom and would have had no input whatsoever in who went where and how and why. The bride and groom call the shots on their wedding day.

Upstaging the bride, Harry plotting the moves for the press and all those irrational speculations are fragments of the illumination of a overactive imagination. Meghan was invited to the evening party with Harry and that's all she wrote. Harry picked her up for the party and they went.

Even the villagers of Pippa's home town had precedence over the press and the public and that's how it should have been. Pippa and James could have really cashed in big time by making their wedding public because of the public interest in this couple but they opted out for as much privacy as they could attain. So what if the public and press get annoyed that they feel "left" out and turn into tabloid reporters all over the internet. The last book title was the one Pippa and James were aiming for.

7. Dick and Jane Had The Perfect Day And Lived Happily Ever After.

Love the fact that Harry drove back to KP to pick up Meghan for the evening party!

Love the fact that Harry drove back to KP to pick up Meghan for the evening party!

That's *if* he drove back to KP. We actually have no clue whatsoever just where Meghan was at the time. He did go fetch her though. :D

So she wasn't at the church? Seems a bit odd. one more person for the "plus one" of very prominent guest, is hardly a lot to accommodate and I'm sure Pippa would have fallen over herself to have her there...

So she wasn't at the church? Seems a bit odd. one more person for the "plus one" of very prominent guest, is hardly a lot to accommodate and I'm sure Pippa would have fallen over herself to have her there...

I disagree. Status, position, bank account and social prominence played a very little part in how I think Pippa wanted her day to be. Her family and close friends came first and I seriously doubt that "connections" were an impetus when planning her wedding day. Harry was most likely invited as a friend and part of extended family and not as a prince of the UK. When it became more and more obvious that Harry and Meghan were a serious item, Pippa graciously invited Meghan to the evening party.

Methinks people put too much emphasis on the "royal" attendance at the wedding than actually seeing how these people interact as human beings. When it comes to something very meaningful for a couple and who they want to share it with, I seriously doubt they'd pull out Burke's Peerage to drum up the "right" people to share it with. ;)

They were already having to cram people into the vestry in that tiny church, so perhaps space was a consideration?

Or it may have been Meghan and Harry's choice.

Although I'm pleased Pippa and James turned down the magazine exclusives like HELLO and People, now I wish we could see more pictures of the evening party. Guess I'm just never satisfied... ;)

I suppose we won't see any pix of the evening party and I regret it very much !

In a way, having no pictures available of the evening party shows how much they were able to keep a private event exactly that. Private. The guests didn't have to worry about waking up the next morning with their faces splashed all over the tabloids and could relax and just celebrate the marriage.

Of course we'd love to see pictures or interviews with the proverbial fly on the wall but in a way, I'm glad the party wasn't at all intrusive by the press.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom