Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want pictures of the reception. Then I want an engagement announcement. Then a wedding. Then some babies!! Is that asking too much? :)

All in one day! :ROFLMAO: It takes some time for all that to happen. We just have to wait and see what the couple do.

I just want pictures of the reception. Then I want an engagement announcement. Then a wedding. Then some babies!! Is that asking too much? :)

Haha! One of the royal reporters tweeted that there may be reception pictures. We shall see...

It might be true. But people has a tendency to regurgitate what other reporters have already said. Their source is likely another magazine.

Ha. People is one of the more reputable entertainment mags. I don't think they ever reported that. But I could be wrong. Link?

Well, People weren't that credible earlier today were they. Anyway, People talked about how Meghan spending Christmas at Sandringham would be unprecedented "not that it would stop Harry" and it would be much more likely that she spends the holidays at a nearby home like Anmer-

"But as one friend tells PEOPLE, “He is very serious about her,” and she is spending time with him in London just a week after he flew to Toronto to see her following his two-week tour of the Caribbean.

Insiders say there is nothing to stop her being in the U.K. around the holidays and staying at one of the other royal homes, including nearby Anmer Hall — Will and Kate’s country home where she could join them for a shooting party and other festive fun.
"

Why Christmas with the Queen Is a 'Tall Order' for Meghan Markle

And since the Middletons had been expected at Anmer last year - since the Cambridges spend every other holiday with them, that meant Meghan bunking with the Middletons. Of course, a couple days later the media found out about the Cambridges spending Christmas in Bucklebury so they dropped that silly Anmer speculation/story. But yes, People were one of the many tabloids that were spreading that Meghan at Anmer speculation last year.

Here's some of the posts about it on this thread. The longtime royal watchers were rather dubious. :lol:

People Magazine thinks Meghan may stay at Anmer Hall over the holidays and go shooting with Harry.

One, Anmer is William and Catherine's and two, Meghan doesn't strike me as a stalking deer, shooting pheasants type of girl.

Harry may have to give up country pursuits.

Aren't there other properties on Sandringham for Harry to stay at. I don't think he's been staying at Anmer Hall before so I don't know why he would stay there now and bring a Girlfriend around two young kids who for all purpose is a stranger to them.
It would be one thing for them to stay with William and Catherine if they didn't have kids.
Also I'm sure the Middletons are coming over again.

I agree. Especially considering how close Kate is to her siblings. I have no doubt that Donna and James have both met the couple often. There is a difference between being invited to a public occasion like a royal christening, and having dinner at their private home. I am sure when James and pippa marry he will be seen at more, like if Kate and will have a third child, at the baptism.

It's long tradition that the only people invited to sandringham for Christmas are at least engaged. But Amner is different. The middletons are invited, so Kate and will cN participate in the official royal Christmas events but still celebrate with her family. This is a balance others like Camilla likely wish for.

Harry doesn't have his own home there. It doesnt seem odd he may bring Meghan with him. I doubt actually during Christmas but perhaps avfewvdays before. I agree, I think she is likely to be home for Christmas, that she is there now because they don't be together on the actual holiday. It wouldn't be ,u h for them to spend a night or two at Amner. Meghan is not a dangerous stranger, I doubt the Cambridges mind her around their kids, sure they want to meet uncle Harry's friend. It is different then taking her to stay with dad and stepmom which may be a huge step right now.

This is a version of what I expect as well - she is in London this week and having a lovely Christmas holiday with her boyfriend - will return to US or Canada next week to spend time with her family and Harry & Meghan will probably meet somewhere warm after Boxing Day for a lovely holiday.

I think the scenario of Meghan staying at Anmer Hall is an odd one for their first holiday together as it would still require Harry leaving her at certain times to go to Sandringham with the royal family... specifically Christmas Eve and walking into Christmas Day Services. The Middletons are there as a family and used to the protocal - but as a new girlfriend I would feel really awkward being left behind. Having this special time together now is a great way to avoid putting Meghan in that uncomfortable position.

http://http://www.etonline.com/news/217938_where_was_meghan_markle_during_pippa_middleton_wedding/
217938_where_was_meghan_markle_during_pippa_middleton_wedding

Update on the wedding via ET. Meghan and Harry left KP together, he dropped her off at the Middleton Mansion, went to the wedding/earlier reception. Now, he is supposedly going to get her for the bigger reception. I'm guessing no one really knows why she didn't attend.

I haven't yet read the last two pages of this thread because I just arrived back to the conversation. However, I suspect that there was never an intention for Meghan to attend Pippa's church ceremony. That was a creation of the media that took on a life of it's own after the heavily sensationalized polo match kiss.

Meghan attending the church ceremony may have been discussed, but due to the excessive OTT media stories, and especially the thoughtless and petty insinuation that Meghan and Pippa (who Meghan had never previously met) were going to be in some kind of war of 'backsides,' on Pippa's wedding day, surely scotched any thought of Meghan appearing at the church. I would think Meghan mutually agreed to it, or perhaps even came to the conclusion herself. Such a totally ridiculous and irresponsible 'front page' story with accompanying pictures came out on the eve of Pippa's wedding. And another media publication was already leading with a bogus headline the day before the wedding, gleefully discussing how 'Meghan stole Pippa's spotlight.'

It will serve the media right if they never get any more pictures of Meghan at all this weekend.

Wild thought - is there any chance Meghan WAS there, but kind of got smuggled in and out?

No pictures or Meghan's invite to this event was B.S.from start to finish.

Why should there be pictures? They're not trying to prove anything to anyone, and actually aren't trying to get the attention on themselves.

Why should there be pictures? They're not trying to prove anything to anyone, and actually aren't trying to get the attention on themselves.

Agree. If they are at the party, they're probably thrilled that they so far outmaneuvered the photogs . They aren't show ponies, nobody in their right mind wants to be tabloid fodder.

No she wouldn't have upstaged Pippa. The only pics would've been provided was arrivals and departures. It's Harry and Meghan that's trying to maintain some privacy right now. It's a slow process of emerging in public as a couple. Harry is trying to do things a bit differently than his past relationships.
From what we've seen of Meghan I don't think she would deliberately try to upstage the wedding--but the press does what is good for clicks or sales and would make a big deal out of nothing. A photo would really set things off. Much better that she keeps a low profile.

Perhaps they (H & M) were somewhat annoyed by the unrelenting paparazzi at the previous wedding they attended together and didn't want to go through (or put the bride and groom through) such an experience.

Harry and Meghan's discretion and that of the wholly admirable Middleton 'clan' has ensured that what is an essentially private day of celebration for the bridal couple and their family and friends has remained EXACTLY that, unmarred by the kind of feeding frenzy beloved of the 'Daily Fail', and [some] Forum members here..

The essential thing is that she was there.... I regret not to have a pic of her there but....

Well, People weren't that credible earlier today were they. Anyway, People talked about how Meghan spending Christmas at Sandringham would be unprecedented "not that it would stop Harry" and it would be much more likely that she spends the holidays at a nearby home like Anmer-

"But as one friend tells PEOPLE, “He is very serious about her,” and she is spending time with him in London just a week after he flew to Toronto to see her following his two-week tour of the Caribbean.

Insiders say there is nothing to stop her being in the U.K. around the holidays and staying at one of the other royal homes, including nearby Anmer Hall — Will and Kate’s country home where she could join them for a shooting party and other festive fun.
"

Why Christmas with the Queen Is a 'Tall Order' for Meghan Markle

Yep, I remember this story and nowhere does it claim Meghan would be there. Quoting insiders saying that there is nothing stopping her from being there isn't tantamount to making a false claim.

Like I said, I would trust People over most other taloids or magazines. I believe their reporters actually do care to check for accuracy before posting. If I remember correctly, it was People Mag that clarified the story about Meghan wearing an H ring when all the other tabloids were running with the opposite.

Yep, I remember this story and nowhere does it claim Meghan would be there. Quoting insiders saying that there is nothing stopping her from being there isn't tantamount to making a false claim.

Like I said, I would trust People over most other taloids or magazines. I believe their reporters actually do care to check for accuracy before posting. If I remember correctly, it was People Mag that clarified the story about Meghan wearing an H ring when all the other tabloids were running with the opposite.

Except "the nothing stopping her" part was a false claim. The Cambridges weren't even going to be at Anmer, that in itself would have "stopped her" from staying at Anmer.

The tabloids were spreading the Meghan and Harry were spending the holidays together rumor, People Magazine got excited (and wanted clicks) so they jumped on the bandwagon. I won't give them credit just cause they attribute their baloney to "inside sources" and coyly whip up the masses.

Except "the nothing stopping her" part was a false claim. The Cambridges weren't even going to be at Anmer, that in itself would have "stopped her" from staying at Anmer.

The tabloids were spreading the Meghan and Harry were spending the holidays together rumor, People Magazine got excited (and wanted clicks) so they jumped on the bandwagon. I won't give them credit just cause they attribute their baloney to "inside sources" and coyly whip up the masses.

Yeah, I think you're reaching. Once again, they weren't saying Meghan (or The Cambridges) would actually be at Anmer Hall..merely that it was a possibility. That's not the same as making a false claim.

There's a photo appeared on Twitter of Harry driving back to the manor in his car wearing something dark, probabably a tux and Meghan seated beside him. Can't see anything except her face. Harry's smiling. It has also appeared on a certain anti Meghan blog beginning with Jersey. I don't know who the photographer is or whether it will appear in the press.

The Sun have the picture up.

Yeah, I think you're reaching. Once again, they weren't saying Meghan (or The Cambridges) would actually be at Anmer Hall..merely that it was a possibility. That's not the same as making a false claim.

And I think you are excusing. Some might think tabloids regurgitating each others fabrications and putting their own little spin on things is fine. But I won't justify it.

For example, Back in September 2015, the Sun falsely claimed James Middleton and Donna Air split. People Magazine jumped on the bandwagon - as you can see in this tweet https://twitter.com/people/status/647193821890150400.

Then the couple issued a statement saying they never split. People magazine quickly deleted their original article (though they left the twitter link up, oopsie ). Then they wrote a new article talking about how the couple never split and they took some digs at some of the media that had reported the story, conveniently ignoring their own now deleted article.

They swim in the gutter while pretending to be above the other rags. If it walks like a tabloid, and talks like a tabloid..

I'm a little tired of this topic but if you want to continue this discussion it should probably be in the royals and the media thread, as I think our debating the merits of People Magazine has become off topic in this thread.

Last edited:

They look happy.

Personally, I'm on team "she was invited but decided not to go". Primarily because according to Rebecca English, all of her sources *but* the ones connected Meghan were saying she'd be at the ceremony, but the ones connected to Meghan were saying reception only.

Further, I strongly suspect she opted to skip the ceremony because of the attention thing. Not in an "I don't want to draw attention from the bride" way but more in an "I don't want to sit in a single seat for an hour and have people stare at me" way.

Lainey from ETalk did a podcast earlier this month with one of her contributors/friends, who mentioned that she had a friend who'd been at Soho House in Toronto with Meghan, and people were openly gawking at her. Like, not eating their food, just staring at her the whole time. Lainey Gossip Sasha Answers: Dinner with Meghan Markle & Is "No Ring, No Bring" Actually a Thing?

This is notable for two reasons: one, Toronto has a justified reputuation for being chill about celebrities; Meghan's talked before about how easy it is to live there because people leave her alone even when they recognize her. And two: at Soho House, you're expected to be cool about the other people there.

So if in the most "don't look at me" place she goes (which she's talked about as a haven) she's still getting stared at and people aren't eating their food, I can't imagine her existence is very comfortable at the moment. TBH, from the reports coming out of Toronto, it really doesn't sound like she's enjoying the attention.

Looks like the Sun got the money shot. Curious about more pictures possibly coming out.

As for being stared at, any woman dating a senior British royal is going to get this treatment. If Harry were 10th in line to the throne his love life would not get a lot of ink and clicks. What ups the curiosity ante is Meghan is an American, a divorcee, a woman of color, and a practitioner of the Jewish faith according to some reports. To have a woman with this kind of background possibly marrying into the BRF has some significance in history making and putting on a new image of the British monarchy. For that reason the stares are going to be more intense. If there were an engagement announcement the media would go into hyper-drive with questions about a woman with
a diverse heritage and her potential impact.

And I think you are excusing. Some might think tabloids regurgitating each others fabrications and putting their own little spin on things is fine. But I won't justify it.

For example, Back in September 2015, the Sun falsely claimed James Middleton and Donna Air split. People Magazine jumped on the bandwagon - as you can see in this tweet https://twitter.com/people/status/647193821890150400.

Then the couple issued a statement saying they never split. People magazine quickly deleted their original article (though they left the twitter link up, oopsie ). Then they wrote a new article talking about how the couple never split and they took some digs at some of the media that had reported the story, conveniently ignoring their own now deleted article.

They swim in the gutter while pretending to be above the other rags. If it walks like a tabloid, and talks like a tabloid..

I'm a little tired of this topic but if you want to continue this discussion it should probably be in the royals and the media thread, as I think our debating the merits of People Magazine has become off topic in this thread.

Ha. You brought it up and were wrong. But I'm more than willing to drop the discussion. Not interested in further debate.

I don't think she was ever invited to the ceremony for the simple fact that it makes no sense to sent out an invitation to a small wedding at a small venue to a stranger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom