Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She sure does look short compared to them.

LaRae

She has a killer lower body!
I can't wait to see what she wears tomorrow. I hope she wears a nice, elegant, and chic fascinator instead of a hat.
Glad that Meghan wore a Toronto Blue Jays baseball cap today; she is certainly showing allegiance to her adopted home while in London!:flowers:

Whoever he marries is a matter of state.

The British government decided in 2013 that the Sovereign's approval was required when any of the first 6 people in the line of succession marry. In passing that legislature the British government was essentially asserting that it is a matter of state who the first 6 people in the line of succession marry.

This means that who Harry marries is a matter of state. Who Beatrice or Eugenie marry is not, but who Harry marries is.

Very much so, because he is in a position to be a Regent.

She has a killer lower body!
I can't wait to see what she wears tomorrow. I hope she wears a nice, elegant, and chic fascinator instead of a hat.

Please no. 9/10 fascinators come out looking like some kindergarten art project gone wrong. A nice proper hat is elegant and just as fitting for a wedding.

Meghan Markle is listed as being 5' 7" in bio details that I've seen online. And I suspected as much having seen her in pictures in heels and in flats, and walking/standing next to Prince Harry, who is 6'2".

Meghan is 5'7". Diana was 5'10". Harry is 6'1".

Prince William is 6'3".

Meghan is 1" shorter than Camilla, in fact, so she would be one among several royal women moderate in height (many are 5'5").

Harry is listed online as being 6'2". Where do you see him as 6'1"?

Last edited:
Harry is listed online as being 6'2". Where do you see him as 6'1"?

Harry is listed as 6'1" plus 1/4" Splicing it fine. :cool: ON IMDb.

Meghan is listed as 5'7" (not 5'5" or 5"6"). But even so, Harry is 6 inches taller which she can off-set in 3-inch heels to some degree.

Last edited:
:previous: Well regardless of how tall she is or isn't, alongside Harry she looks petite. Perfectly proportioned but petite and, going on her physique! and her flair for clothes, a believe something of a pocket rocket! ;)

Very much so, because he is in a position to be a Regent.

The chances of Harry being appointed as a regent to the Queen is very slim. Even in Charles' or William's reign, the chances are still slim.

More importantly though, is that Harry is and has been a Councilor of State in the UK if and when needed.

:previous: What's the role of a Councilor of State in the U.K. @Osipi?

Harry is listed as 6'1" plus 1/4" Splicing it fine. :cool: ON IMDb.

Meghan is listed as 5'7" (not 5'5" or 5"6"). But even so, Harry is 6 inches taller which she can off-set in 3-inch heels to some degree.

Yeah, I've seen that Meghan is 5' 7" and I guessed it anyway. Plus, I mentioned it earlier already. I'm 5' 7" too, although years ago I was measured at 5' 6 1/4". I must have grown a bit to make up the difference. It's just easier to round up in any case. :D

That's really splitting hairs about the 1/4 inch I think, especially for Harry. What guy is going to say, "Oh, I'm 6' 1 1/4" :lol: 6' 2" sounds a lot better, yes? My brother is 6' 3". He has a son who is 5' 9", another is 6' 5", and his youngest son is 6' 7". Accurate measures for all, no 1/4 inches are involved. :lol:

Last edited:
:previous: What's the role of a Councilor of State in the U.K. @Osipi?

As per Wikipedia, here's the explanation of a Councillor of State.

"In the United Kingdom, Counsellors of State are senior members of the British Royal Family to whom the monarch, currently Elizabeth II, delegates certain state functions and powers when not in the United Kingdom or unavailable for other reasons (such as short-term incapacity or sickness). Any two Counsellors of State may preside over Privy Council meetings, sign state documents, or receive the credentials of new ambassadors to the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland."

There are currently 5 councillors of state.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counsellor_of_State#List_of_current_Counsellors_of_State

Last edited:
Since harry is a senior royal and will spend the rest of his life working as a royal doing duties, with his wife as his partner in this, it IS important whom he marries.

The chances of Harry being appointed as a regent to the Queen is very slim. Even in Charles' or William's reign, the chances are still slim.

More importantly though, is that Harry is and has been a Councilor of State in the UK if and when needed.
He would only be Regent for his nephew should William be either dead or incapacitated.

He would only be Regent for his nephew should William be either dead or incapacitated.

Thanks for the clarification on that. :D

Now... back to the relationship before we get too far off topic. I do think though that we've pretty much clarified the reasons that Harry's marriage and who he marries is an important state matter though.

http://http://www.etonline.com/news/217938_where_was_meghan_markle_during_pippa_middleton_wedding/
217938_where_was_meghan_markle_during_pippa_middleton_wedding

Update on the wedding via ET. Meghan and Harry left KP together, he dropped her off at the Middleton Mansion, went to the wedding/earlier reception. Now, he is supposedly going to get her for the bigger reception. I'm guessing no one really knows why she didn't attend.

Last edited:
http://http://www.etonline.com/news/217938_where_was_meghan_markle_during_pippa_middleton_wedding/
217938_where_was_meghan_markle_during_pippa_middleton_wedding

Update on the wedding via ET. Meghan and Harry left KP together, he dropped her off at the Middleton Mansion, went to the wedding/earlier reception. Now, he is supposedly going to get her for the bigger reception. I'm guessing no one really knows why she didn't attend.

My guess is ..small private wedding and she knows neither of the parties marrying. Makes sense that she would attend the reception/party but not the wedding.

LaRae

By the time William is king, George will probably be over 18 and in the position to be both a regent and a counsellor of state. It is also likely that Catherine may be made a counsellor of state by King William V, just as Prince Philip is today. As of today BTW, while Queen Elizabeth II is still alive, both Prince Charles and Prince William would have to be unavailable for Harry to become a regent and there are at least three counsellors of state who would normally take precedence over him (Philip, Charles and William). Furthermore, I also suspect that, if needed, the Queen would be more inclined to assign official state tasks to Andrew, who is also a counsellor of state, than to Harry.

So I mantain what I said and now repeat: Harry will not normally have access to government papers or government ministers , nor will he be routinely involved in state affairs. Let us not fool ourselves into pretending otherwise.

Last edited:
My guess is ..small private wedding and she knows neither of the parties marrying. Makes sense that she would attend the reception/party but not the wedding.

LaRae

I agree. She also might even feared, that unwillingly she/her and Harry would take the attention away from the people getting married. Imo very thoughtful.

LaRae

Another factor to figure in is that at the time of Pippa and James' engagement (July, 2016), Harry and Meghan weren't even a couple yet. The wedding planning usually starts not too long after the engagement announcement and it was probably already decided what the guest list would look like for the church, reception and party long before Harry and Meghan went public with their relationship.

There were only 150 guests, I believe, that were invited to the church ceremony and with that small of a group, its not easy to squeeze in a latecomer. The larger party probably presented less of a problem to add Harry's +1 to the guest list.

Its not a snub to either Harry or Meghan of what Meghan is invited to or not invited to. I'd be willing to be my last cheese curl that if Harry and Meghan were as involved as they are now back then, she would have been included in all three events.

We know nothing about what really goes on, MM could have been sneaked in a back door to the church, although the rumours that PH drove off after the reception does suggest that he was going to collect Meghan for the afternoon/evening do.

Who knows :D

We know nothing about what really goes on, MM could have been sneaked in a back door to the church, although the rumours that PH drove off after the reception does suggest that he was going to collect Meghan for the afternoon/evening do.

Who knows :D

Since everyone seemed to leave the church through the front door (including Harry) it seems like a stretch to think Meghan snuck out the back door. Harry doesn't seem to be playing the "hide the girlfriend" game with Meghan.

I agree. She also might even feared, that unwillingly she/her and Harry would take the attention away from the people getting married. Imo very thoughtful.

I doubt that thought ever crossed her mind. She didn't attend because she wasn't invited, and she wasn't invited because it would be inappropriate to do so.

How do we know which part of the day, the wedding ceremony and/or receptions Meghan was or wasn't invited to? None of us are privy to the arrangements, nor do we know whether the Middletons considered inviting Meghan inappropriate or not. Neither do any of us know what does and doesn't go through Meghan's mind as none of us know her personally.

Anyway, after she and Harry are married the inappropriateness factor will disappear like magic!

This does not make sense. Isn't the big reception at the Middleton mansion with the glass marquee.... Etc? So why would he have to pick her up if he was going to be there anyway. He would simply meet her at the reception.

LaRae
Interesting, this must be cultural. If I don't know an individual well if enough they will not receive an invite to my wedding. A wedding invitation usually includes the reception afterwards.
I don't understand the concept of inviting someone to one event but not the other.
Furthermore a church is a public place and anyone really is free to attend. Moreover, if I don't feel comfortable inviting you to the ceremony why would I invite you to the reception where there is food, music, and people letting there hair down and having fun?![emoji19]

Last edited by a moderator:
This does not make sense. Isn't the big reception at the Middleton mansion with the glass marquee.... Etc? So why would he have to pick her up if he was going to be there anyway. He would simply meet her at the reception.
For the earlier (afternoon) reception at the estate where the church is located.

The reception after the wedding is being held on the church grounds itself in a marquee. The evening party is slated to be in the "crystal palace" which is on the Middleton's estate.

Harry may have picked up Meghan to drive her to the church grounds reception.

Interesting, this must be cultural. If I don't know an individual well if enough they will not receive an invite to my wedding. A wedding invitation usually includes the reception afterwards.
I don't understand the concept of inviting someone to one event but not the other.
Furthermore a church is a public place and anyone really is free to attend. Moreover, if I don't feel comfortable inviting you to the ceremony why would I invite you to the reception where there is food, music, and people letting there hair down and having fun?![emoji19]
My cousin had a very small wedding ceremony in the morning with a big blowout party in the evening. People do different things.
It sounded like only actual parishioners could attend Pippa's wedding and then only if there was room, so not quite public today.

Isn't the earlier reception at Englefield House near the church, the one where the speeches and the cake feature? The glass house at the Middletons is where the evening party will be held. We don't know at what hour of the day Harry was photographed in the car going to pick Meghan up, but he was still in his morning suit, sans jacket, so I think it was still quite early.

Last edited:

Its similar to what my son did for his wedding. The ceremony was held at a gazebo in a park and children were invited. The reception afterwards was for adults only. Its done this way a lot I think. The church was small so they had to limit the church invites. The reception and the evening party are probably planned for more guests to attend. Will and Kate did the same thing for their wedding. Some were invited only to the church. Some were invited to the church and the wedding breakfast at BP only and some were invited to the church, wedding breakfast and the evening party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom