The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 09:19 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by eden_candy View Post
Lol, I was just coming here to say the same thing! That doesn't look like an H to me.

Isn't it funny? I could have understood the "H" on the necklace, but in my opinion, it must need a lot of imagination to see such a letter on that ring...

Old 02-06-2017, 09:26 AM
Aristocracy

That easily could just be an Hermes ring. However she already has an H M necklace so its not out of the realm of possibility it could be a monogrammed H ring.

Old 02-06-2017, 09:30 AM
Commoner

At first I thought it looked like those rings that are shaped like a crown, but actually it does look like a Hermes ring.
Old 02-06-2017, 10:12 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Although I don't disagree with you, I think popular opinion matters to the British Royal Family and, indeed, to any European royal family nowadays. Meghan may in the end prove to be a popular royal bride and royal spouse, or she may not, but, in either case, I wouldn't ignore the importance of public opinion about her in Britain and the broader Commonwealth.
Popular opinion matters only to a certain extent, and certainly it's not at the extent you put it to be. Case in point, if popular opinion is all that mattered to the royal family, Charles would've never married Camilla. Yet when his love proved to be extremely unpopular, he made it known to his team that she's non-negotiable and fought tooth and nail to be with her despite public opinion. And speaking of unpopular royal spouse, if Camilla can get through that to today, Meghan's situation should be a piece of cake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miche View Post
They might not have a church wedding, Charles and Camilla didn't
Charles and Camilla both married in the church the first time, and her ex-husband was still alive at the time of her wedding to Charles. Also, at that time, the Church of England does not allow divorced couples to marry in church at all. Since then, they've loosened that rule somewhat. Even in this day and age, I doubt the CoE would've allowed Charles and Camilla to marry in church considering how it's very publicly known that their relationship was central to at least Charles' divorce.

Meghan and Harry are in a different situation. She was never married in the church.
Old 02-06-2017, 10:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Not sure about the ring, but it does appear Meghan and Harry are 'beanie buddies'
Old 02-06-2017, 10:34 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Not sure about the ring, but it does appear Meghan and Harry are 'beanie buddies'
That's right indeed!

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-06-2017, 10:36 AM
Heir Apparent

It doesn't really get cold enough in Australia for the daily wearing of beanies but British winters are so icy it's probably great to have wool covering your head and ears. I had a faux fur one once!
Old 02-06-2017, 10:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

Must be very nice for Harry to have his girlfriend with him in London.

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-06-2017, 11:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes, Dman, I'm sure it is. Quiet dates and evenings at home. Meghan's reportedly an enthusiastic cook, so Harry's probably very appreciative!
Old 02-06-2017, 11:44 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Charles and Camilla both married in the church the first time, and her ex-husband was still alive at the time of her wedding to Charles. Also, at that time, the Church of England does not allow divorced couples to marry in church at all. Since then, they've loosened that rule somewhat. Even in this day and age, I doubt the CoE would've allowed Charles and Camilla to marry in church considering how it's very publicly known that their relationship was central to at least Charles' divorce.

Meghan and Harry are in a different situation. She was never married in the church.
"Alternative Facts"

The CoE started to allow divorcees to remarry in 2002. Charles and Camilla married in 2005. So this part of your argument is untrue.
Old 02-06-2017, 11:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
It doesn't really get cold enough in Australia for the daily wearing of beanies but British winters are so icy it's probably great to have wool covering your head and ears. I had a faux fur one once!
I suppose you could wear beanies in Melbourne in the winter, couldn't you ? Southeastern England is not really that much colder than Victoria, Tasmania or New Zealand in the winter. The winters in the American Northeast and Midwest can be much worse in comparison, even though the northern half of the US is actually located at much lower latitudes than the British isles. I guess it has to do with the Gulf stream warming up northwestern Europe.
Old 02-06-2017, 11:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Yes, Dman, I'm sure it is. Quiet dates and evenings at home. Meghan's reportedly an enthusiastic cook, so Harry's probably very appreciative!
Sounds good and very relaxing. I'm sure they have date nights with Cambridge's too.

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-06-2017, 12:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I suppose you could wear beanies in Melbourne in the winter, couldn't you ? Southeastern England is not really that much colder than Victoria, Tasmania or New Zealand in the winter. The winters in the American Northeast and Midwest can be much worse in comparison, even though the northern half of the US is actually located at much lower latitudes than the British isles. I guess it has to do with the Gulf stream warming up northwestern Europe.
Yes, it does get very cold in Melbourne winters Mbruno. However, aside from ski resorts with snow and ice, at the footy, and perhaps country excursions, beanies don't seem to be a hugely popular fashion item in winter here. I put it down to the fact that Aussies use cars a lot. Go to the supermarket, travel there and back in the car, cinema, restaurants, hairdressers etc., use the car to get there and then dash into heated locales. City workers do walk around at lunch times etc but you rarely see beanies.
Old 02-06-2017, 12:42 PM
Majesty

Step inside Meghan Markle's Toronto home | Daily Mail Online
Old 02-06-2017, 01:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Gosh, Meghan's taking a risk! All that white with two dogs! However, her back yard looks a real sanctuary, she certainly looks as if she has a knack for interior decoration, and the colourful peonies are beautiful.
Old 02-06-2017, 02:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Yes, seen the pics before. She has a very nice home and you can see how she'll go about decorating her future family home. Just seeing the pics today of her flower shopping, I think Harry's place smells extra nice.

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-06-2017, 02:10 PM
Nobility

She seems to have a nice taste and likes decorating. She's been snapped a few times buying fresh flowers, too.

Do we have any idea or guesses how long she's stayed with Harry this time? Or how long have they stayed together, wherever that has been? New Years?
Old 02-06-2017, 02:13 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
She seems to have a nice taste and likes decorating. She's been snapped a few times buying fresh flowers, too.

Do we have any idea or guesses how long she's stayed with Harry this time? Or how long have they stayed together, wherever that has been? New Years?
She's been with him since Dec. 30 according to what I've read.
Old 02-06-2017, 03:12 PM
Commoner

Probably she is jobless until new shooting starts...
Old 02-06-2017, 03:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeTee20 View Post
She's been with him since Dec. 30 according to what I've read.

She couldn't have been - she went to India for a week was it?