The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 10:29 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by miche View Post
Why would Harry go to Pippa's wedding? Are they friend?
I don't think they are all that close for her to be inviting him

Pippa didn't update anyone at her sister's wedding.
I've never heard of Pippa and Harry being friends, either. I think the tabloids are setting up a story. So after Harry is a no-show, they can say "Harry snubs wedding, after jealous Pippa doesn't invite his secret fiance , Meghan". This is just the early ground laying stage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
I see people are getting bored now. Harry's relationship thread is turning into a thread about William and Catherine's relationship
Well, Harry-Meghan stans only get photos every once in awhile. So when that well runs dry, they have to jump tangent.

Old 02-05-2017, 12:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Other than after the wedding, when there was all the talk about pippa and Harry getting involved, there is no talk. No sign the two have been friends. They will mingle I guess at events like the birthdays if their joint niece and nephew but that is normal. I am not expecting him at the wedding.

And declaration of love? Pretty sure him announcing her as his girlfriend and telling the world they were dating covered that.

If Meghan did attend, the only way she would upstage the bride is in the media. No one actually upstages the bride in person, that is impossible. Meghan is the hottest and newest thing. She would get more hits then Kate or pippa right now.

Old 02-05-2017, 12:52 PM
Nobility

We are never going to get a confirmation that he is invited to Pippa's wedding or if they are friends nor whether he brings Meghan with him.

But if he is invited, I bet he does bring her. This relationship is serious and many of you need to accept that and move on. This is Harry's life and his decisions! Your disapproval on any level wouldn't not matter to him even if he knew about them.

What? You think Harry will look at this site and see some of these comments and end his relationship?? Now come on!
Old 02-05-2017, 01:01 PM
Heir Apparent

If he attends we will get confirmation. You don't think the news won't stalk the church. They are all convinced George and Charlotte will be in the wedding party. And now that Meghan will attend. So there will be plenty of photos.

If Harry doesn't attend there will be speculation. Pippa didn't invite them do not to be upstaged. Or because she and hate don't approve. Or becayse Harry and Meghan are having issues. Or so on and so on.

But I agree, if he is invited, I think she would go. Unless unable. It's not like she lives in London and can get away for the weekend. Shevdoes have work in Toronto.
Old 02-05-2017, 01:59 PM
Nobility

I found it odd that the Star identified Pippa's wedding as the debut, since Skippy's wedding is two months earlier.

That leads me to suspect that it was about SEO; Pippa gets, on average, 90500 searches a month, while Skippy gets 90 (source: serps.com/tools/rank-checker)
Old 02-05-2017, 02:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
I see people are getting bored now. Harry's relationship thread is turning into a thread about William and Catherine's relationship

Don't get excited Rudolph. People are discussing issues around Pippa's wedding and girlfriends of royals' attendance at weddings etc, not the Cambridges' relationship. This thread has been 99% Harry and Meghan for many months.
Old 02-05-2017, 02:39 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
I found it odd that the Star identified Pippa's wedding as the debut, since Skippy's wedding is two months earlier.

That leads me to suspect that it was about SEO; Pippa gets, on average, 90500 searches a month, while Skippy gets 90 (source: serps.com/tools/rank-checker)
It's totally about clicks rather than logic.

Two months ago, the tabloids claimed Meghan was going to spend Christmas at Anmer Hall with the Middleton family. This is chapter two, in their desperate attempt to pair off Meghan with the Middletons. Two parties that give them a lot of clicks.

I predict two months from now, the tabloids will claim that Meghan is invited to James Middleton's 30th birthday party.

And once she is a no-show, the tabloids will make excuses. Like when they claimed Cressida was invited to George's Christening. When she wasn't there, the tabloids said she declined the invite because she was 'shy'.
Old 02-05-2017, 02:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
That's quite a stretch. Why would anyone say they want to have children when they really don't? That doesn't make sense.

Because!

It's like saying you don't like pets!

Not something that will please the public.

But it's just something you say, and who knows if it is even true?
Old 02-05-2017, 02:56 PM
Serene Highness

Exactly.

Not every woman is dying to be a mommy and not every man is dying to a daddy. They may like kids fine but have no interest in having their own for a myriad of reasons. Child free is perfectly valid choice.

But both Meghan and Harry know perfectly well IF this really happens to be the way they feel and it is mutual it would be a media free for all if they expressed those feelings pubically and they would be attacked online and in press as "hating kids" or being "selfish"
Old 02-05-2017, 03:18 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree that celebrities like Jennifer Aniston probably realised that it would be a bad PR move to publicly express the thought that she wasn't keen on having a family.

However, Harry gets on extremely well with children and has expressed a wish to have a family of his own from way back, his early twenties in fact, long before Meghan. And he's been consistent about it, bringing that longing into interviews himself, without necessarily being asked.

If the two of them are serious about each other, and I believe they are, then Meghan and Harry would have discussed this issue. No-one who was ambivalent about wanting a family would marry someone who loved children and wanted them, surely. That would be rather strange.
Old 02-05-2017, 03:23 PM
Heir Apparent

For some couples, nothing puts a wet blanket on the romance faster than discussing children. Especially within the first 8 months or so.

It's entirely possible they're just enjoying the 'moment' and not necessarily reading baby books.

I know Harry wants a family but it has to come on it's own terms. You can't hurry it along.
Old 02-05-2017, 03:32 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
I agree that celebrities like Jennifer Aniston probably realised that it would be a bad PR move to publicly express the thought that she wasn't keen on having a family.

However, Harry gets on extremely well with children and has expressed a wish to have a family of his own from way back, his early twenties in fact, long before Meghan. And he's been consistent about it, bringing that longing into interviews himself, without necessarily being asked.

If the two of them are serious about each other, and I believe they are, then Meghan and Harry would have discussed this issue. No-one who was ambivalent about wanting a family would marry someone who loved children and wanted them, surely. That would be rather strange.
It's more common than you believe. For annulments, this is one of the most cited reasons.

Reversely, you have couples who say they both don't want kids. Then after a couple decades together they split. And one will quickly have a child with a new partner. Example: Guy Pearce.

So you can't dismiss it as a possibility. Though, I think they both genuinely want children. At least presently.
Old 02-05-2017, 03:33 PM
Nobility

I think it's quite normal to talk about not wanting or wanting children within the first few months of dating. Not a first date conversation, but 8 months of dating, yes. When do people talk about having kids, if 8 months of dating is too soon?
Old 02-05-2017, 04:07 PM
Nobility

Whether Harry gets engaged then married quickly is his business and his choice. Everybody keeps talking about it's soon etc. Well, Harry may not agree!

I have heard Harry say that he wants children. He is 32, at this time in his life he wants to settle down. All of his close buddies and married with kids. Meghan is 35 so what happens will happen soon and quickly like or not.
Old 02-05-2017, 04:10 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Because!

It's like saying you don't like pets!

Not something that will please the public.

But it's just something you say, and who knows if it is even true?
I highly doubt that's what's happening here since no one would've cared if either one of them said they don't want children. And also, the logic you mentioned above made no sense.
Old 02-05-2017, 04:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Not quite all his friends are married with kids. Tom van Straubenzee is divorced after a very brief marriage, and Adam Bidwell is still single, I believe. Harry is likely to turn up to Tom Inskip's nuptials next month, as Skip is a longtime friend, and Meghan might turn up for those with Harry. Who knows!
Old 02-05-2017, 05:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Not quite all his friends are married with kids. Tom van Straubenzee is divorced after a very brief marriage, and Adam Bidwell is still single, I believe. Harry is likely to turn up to Tom Inskip's nuptials next month, as Skip is a longtime friend, and Meghan might turn up for those with Harry. Who knows!
Adam is single, at least he was in 2016.

As for talking kids at eight months. Depends on your age. If you are twenty and dating, you ,as not ask heavy questions like kids, early on. You're having fun, likely not even considering marriage for years. But when you are in your thirties that's a different matter. If you see marriage and kids, which Harry says he does, you aren't going to just have dates. You are going to look for someone with the sane goals. You may not be ready to consider marriage and kids attire six month mark. But you want to know, if you get to the point you see kids and wedding with your partner, they want the same. You don't want to devote three years to a relationship and then find out they don't see marriage and kids.
Old 02-05-2017, 05:32 PM
Nobility

Quote:

A few may be single yes! But that is not even the point! Good grief!
Old 02-05-2017, 07:14 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I would be inclined to believe that kids have been a big part of their discussions already for the simple reason being that they already have some. Harry with his kids at Sentebale and Meghan with her kids in Africa and other places in the world where she's met and been involved with them.

Harry always has been a natural with kids and from what we've heard, really loves to interact with his niece and nephew. The time that made me laugh was when the Obamas visited W&K and Harry, George piped up saying "How come Uncle Harry is so quiet?"

I do think, from what we do know from sources, that both Harry and Meghan want a family and truth be told, should they have them, those will be some very well loved kids.
Old 02-05-2017, 07:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I would be inclined to believe that kids have been a big part of their discussions already for the simple reason being that they already have some. Harry with his kids at Sentebale and Meghan with her kids in Africa and other places in the world where she's met and been involved with them.

Harry always has been a natural with kids and from what we've heard, really loves to interact with his niece and nephew. The time that made me laugh was when the Obamas visited W&K and Harry, George piped up saying "How come Uncle Harry is so quiet?"

I do think, from what we do know from sources, that both Harry and Meghan want a family and truth be told, should they have them, those will be some very well loved kids.
I also hope that with their personal histories and from other lives they have seen, they would understand the need to take time to make sure this is not only right for them but for the future.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Closed Thread