The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #3621  
Old 02-04-2017, 02:23 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Somewhere in, United Kingdom
Posts: 359
Dumb question, but weren't they holding hands in the first pictures we saw of them together, too?
__________________

  #3622  
Old 02-04-2017, 02:47 AM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 13,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
Dumb question, but weren't they holding hands in the first pictures we saw of them together, too?
Yes, but these pictures are more clear and one can see their hands better. The media decided to make the hands the highlight.

I'm glad they're not too frightened of the thought of being seen as a couple. Right now, they're not trying to play up to the camera. Meghan pretty much keep her head down when they're out and about. That look of a deer in headlights. Harry trying not to show much emotion. All about privacy, but it will change a bit.

It's all better than the game William and Catherine used to play. (Let's act like we're not together, even though everyone know we are.) it's a game that drove me and many others crazy. I know it was a burden lifted off their shoulders once they were able to relax in public.

Best to take a leaf out of Edward and Sophie courtship book. I know some people have short term memory, but Edward and Sophie were very public with their relationship. They were so public that they appeared at royal family events together. We like to think there are some strict protocol of not including girlfriends in the family activities, but that's not entirely true. Edward and Sophie's courtship make me think it's all down to the personal choice of the couple. Different approaches, but it could work.
__________________

__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #3623  
Old 02-04-2017, 03:35 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Somewhere in, United Kingdom
Posts: 359
^
I completely agree. Theirs is the most sensible approach. Act like a couple, hold hands etc, but not be OTT about it.

While Meghan is used to the media and publicity, she's not used to the paparazzi attention doing the most mundane and normal things. The camera flashes can be blinding at night time. The article mentioned, that the Made in Chelsea cast were at the same restaurant, which already explains the paparazzi being there.

I have to add, that the meltdowns in DM comment sections and on social media are funny. These commenters really think, that they have a say in whom Harry decides to date, and that by dating Meghan his 'reputation' has gone down with the general public. Most people really don't care, and that makes the fan entitlement even funnier.
  #3624  
Old 02-04-2017, 08:02 AM
Marty91charmed's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Near Verona and Venice, Italy
Posts: 6,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Don't know, but Richard made it known over and over again the plans for Catherine to be a senior member of the royal family heading into the Diamond Jubilee. The Sun talked about it too.

Saw his tweet, but don't know how true it is though. Give them some time to get there, imo.

It just crossed my mind that Tanna retweeted that tweet and that he as the first to know some breaking news,as for example, Kate's first pregnancy. Don't know. They usually sound quite sure in their comments. We'll see. It as just a thought on my part.
__________________
"Yet, walking free upon her own estate
Still,in her solitude, she is the Queen".
  #3625  
Old 02-04-2017, 08:37 AM
miche's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post


It's all better than the game William and Catherine used to play. (Let's act like we're not together, even though everyone know we are.) it's a game that drove me and many others crazy. I know it was a burden lifted off their shoulders once they were able to relax in public.
What game? They went place together, William and Catherine just aren't in PDA. Some couples are just like that, nothing wrong with that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
It just crossed my mind that Tanna retweeted that tweet and that he as the first to know some breaking news,as for example, Kate's first pregnancy. Don't know. They usually sound quite sure in their comments. We'll see. It as just a thought on my part.
Tanna also tweeted/hinted that Kate was pregnant back in the fall/winter of 2011, only to backtrack on it.
  #3626  
Old 02-04-2017, 08:47 AM
Marty91charmed's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Near Verona and Venice, Italy
Posts: 6,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by miche View Post
Tanna also tweeted/hinted that Kate was pregnant back in the fall/winter of 2011, only to backtrack on it.

Yes, still... it could have been true. Don't want to speculate, but he has always seemed to get the things right more that his colleagues. Maybe is just lucky... as I said, it was just a thought that corossed my mind. Not more than that.
__________________
"Yet, walking free upon her own estate
Still,in her solitude, she is the Queen".
  #3627  
Old 02-04-2017, 08:48 AM
miche's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 813
Well he is a paparazzi who digs and hide in people trash to get info.
  #3628  
Old 02-04-2017, 08:51 AM
Alisa's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 2,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
You can see the protective stance/position he takes when they are out...very charming to see.


LaRae
I agree. It made me think back to the KP announcement and how he stated he wanted to protect her. It is very charming to see it in action😍

By the way, Meghan's hair looks AMAZING in those pics! It is so lush, full, and shiny!
__________________
Those who plot the destruction of others often perish in the attempt. ---Phaedrus
  #3629  
Old 02-04-2017, 09:04 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Woodbridge, United States
Posts: 286
I think Harry is doing everything to protect this relationship. Not only Harry but Meghan also who has given up most social media. She has been through quite a trial through media fire and is still by his side.
  #3630  
Old 02-04-2017, 09:05 AM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 13,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by miche View Post
What game? They went place together, William and Catherine just aren't in PDA. Some couples are just like that, nothing wrong with that
Hi,

Not talking about PDA. They did play this game of acting like they're not together, when we all new they were. They liked walking separately. Trying not to talk to each other that much. All that kind of stuff. I was pretty happy when those days were over.

At the moment, Harry and Meghan aren't trying to give camera much of anything. She keeps her head down and hair and her face. Harry trying not to show much emotion. They just need to relax a bit.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #3631  
Old 02-04-2017, 09:28 AM
miche's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Hi,

Not talking about PDA. They did play this game of acting like they're not together, when we all new they were. They liked walking separately. Trying not to talk to each other that much. All that kind of stuff. I was pretty happy when those days were over.

At the moment, Harry and Meghan aren't trying to give camera much of anything. She keeps her head down and hair and her face. Harry trying not to show much emotion. They just need to relax a bit.
I remember plenty of photos of them during their dating days walking together and getting taxis together when they went out together. There were even videos/paparazzi of them walking together. So truly I don't understand what game they were playing
  #3632  
Old 02-04-2017, 09:42 AM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 13,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by miche View Post
I remember plenty of photos of them during their dating days walking together and getting taxis together when they went out together. There were even videos/paparazzi of them walking together. So truly I don't understand what game they were playing
Yes, they did those things, but they also played those games I described. It's better when these couples relax and are comfortable with appearances. Meghan will be able to hold her head up and smile once in a while. Harry will be able to some emotions and the tense and defensive look will melt away.

miche, you'll notice the difference when Harry and Meghan start making more appearances together. Hopefully this new year will bring that about.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #3633  
Old 02-04-2017, 11:16 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 5,678
Whoa nelly! There are going to be a whole lot of disappointed people on here if these two don't get married.


I actually think Meghan being an actress is a hindrance more than anything else.

Celebrities get married all the time after dating for 6 months or whatever. They divorce a year later and get married again after a couple of years. No big deal.

I don't see anything to suggest to me that Meghan takes dating Harry any more seriously than if she was dating some sitcom actor.

I'm not hating on Meghan, it's just world wind romances are the norm in 'Hollywood'. It's nothing for celebrities go from dating, to engagement, to divorce in three years.

And no matter how much attitudes have changed with society and the BRF, Harry would need a divorce like a hole in the head.
  #3634  
Old 02-04-2017, 11:26 AM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 5,894
There ate plenty of celebrity marriages that have lasted. And usually because both leople aren't in show business. If they do marry she don't be an actress anymore,

Nor does the fact that she has had a failed marriage before say anything about her ability to commit. One failed marriage isn't some dogs she is doomed to misery and broken vows. Both his dad abd Anne have had successful second marriages.
  #3635  
Old 02-04-2017, 11:28 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 4,455
Why immediately jump to the conclusion that Meghan isn't taking her romance with Harry seriously? She was with her husband to be for several years before they married. Meghan isn't living in Hollywood but in Toronto, a very down to earth city, nor would I characterise her as some air head celebrity who wouldn't take her vows seriously.

This romance seems to many on this thread to be serious, unlike your own summation, Rudolph, and if anyone is jumping to conclusions it's you, as you seem to believe these two are likely to divorce, simply because Meghan is in the acting profession.
  #3636  
Old 02-04-2017, 11:44 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 5,678
We'll agree to disagree. Plus someone can be serious about dating and not contemplate marriage. The two don't go necessarily go hand in hand.

I think the people who have them engaged and married with children are the ones jumping to conclusions. I simply don't think celebrities make good partners. It seems like every few months we hear of another 'conscious uncoupling'
  #3637  
Old 02-04-2017, 12:22 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Norfolk, United States
Posts: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
We'll agree to disagree. Plus someone can be serious about dating and not contemplate marriage. The two don't go necessarily go hand in hand.

I think the people who have them engaged and married with children are the ones jumping to conclusions. I simply don't think celebrities make good partners. It seems like every few months we hear of another 'conscious uncoupling'
While there are some people that have serious relationship without contemplating marriage, it's highly unlikely that's what is going on here. Main reason being that both Harry and Meghan want marriage and children. I highly doubt they are going to rush into marriage, but to think they are just dating without thinking that's a direction they might consider once they've gotten to know each other and what royal marriage would entail is just not in sync with what both have publicly said they want in the past.
  #3638  
Old 02-04-2017, 12:34 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Somewhere in, United Kingdom
Posts: 359
IMO it's a bit OTT to call Meghan 'Hollywood' just because she's an actress on a TV show. As far as we know, she's had two long term relationships. She's making a lot of effort to spend time with Harry. I'm thinking, that no one would go through the harassment, scrutiny and all her family drama being aired, like Meghan has, unless she was serious about the relationship.
  #3639  
Old 02-04-2017, 12:46 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 13,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Whoa nelly! There are going to be a whole lot of disappointed people on here if these two don't get married.


I actually think Meghan being an actress is a hindrance more than anything else.

Celebrities get married all the time after dating for 6 months or whatever. They divorce a year later and get married again after a couple of years. No big deal.

I don't see anything to suggest to me that Meghan takes dating Harry any more seriously than if she was dating some sitcom actor.

I'm not hating on Meghan, it's just world wind romances are the norm in 'Hollywood'. It's nothing for celebrities go from dating, to engagement, to divorce in three years.

And no matter how much attitudes have changed with society and the BRF, Harry would need a divorce like a hole in the head.

You do know this is not a 'Hollywood' couple right?

It's completely unfair to just throw this relationship away as just another 'Hollywood' storybook romance. They're just dating at the moment, it could very well be taken to another level. If that happens...great. If they don't think things will work out...well, one can only wish them the best.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #3640  
Old 02-04-2017, 01:13 PM
Lady Marmalade's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago, United States
Posts: 1,612
Run, Harry, run. This is one royal wedding I would not watch if they got engaged. He could do so much better than Hollywood.
__________________

__________________
Lady M
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
albania aristocracy best outfit best outfit october 2016 birthday catherine child christening crown prince frederik crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess victoria crown princess victoria hats denmark duke of edinburgh europe fashion poll kate king abdullah ii marriage maxima in australia and new zealand monarchy monarchy versus republic natural disasters nobel 2016 november 2016 october 2016 parliament picture of the week prince charles prince philip princessanne princess marie princess marie eveningwear princess mary princess mary eveningwear princess mary fashion princess mary hats princess sofia queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia cocktail dresses queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia eveningwear queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen mathilde daytime fashion queen mathilde fashion queen mathilde in jordan queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania fashion queen rania in australia rohan romanov royal wedding state visit succession sweden swedish royal family the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:43 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises