Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If these two are not engaged already, which I think they are but have not announced it yet, they soon will be.

Meghan has been seen with Harry at his best friend's wedding, now this match, and she'll be at Pippa's wedding.

This relationship has gone way past the, "is it serious stage" folks!

I agree. I think they've been engaged for quite some time. I also believe wedding plans are underway. Just nothing publicized yet.

Oh boy. The MM PR machine is in full effect.

:previous: Ha ha, nope, I just think Meghan Markle is the bee's knees, with or without Prince Harry. And I'm quite sure Harry is fully aware of how special Meghan is. :) I'm happy for both of them, and I think they are both kind-hearted and caring people.

It's interesting that there is so much out there publicly about Meghan due to her high public profile as an actor, humanitarian, lifestyle blogger and fashion savvy lady. The information that is readily available publicly is quite unusual for someone who is seriously dating a member of the British royal family. For example, I didn't even know what Kate Middleton's voice sounded like until her engagement interview with Prince William. Meanwhile, there are some very revealing pre-Harry interviews available with Meghan, as well as her fun Instagram pictures and her former lifestyle blog. She inspires people, whether or not she captured the eye and heart of Prince Harry, the world's most eligible bachelor. :flowers:

This thread is about Prince Harry's relationship, and he is currently in a serious relationship with Meghan Markle. Why should there be a problem sharing entertaining and revealing information about her? Whatever is out there has already happened, as Meghan isn't currently giving interviews. She closed down her lifestyle blog and she rarely if ever posts now on her Instagram. She may soon make it private or close it completely.

It's not pr to post previous interviews and fashion-related videos. I doubt that any amount of positive celebration and sharing by admirers like me is going to influence or impact the way Harry and Meghan already feel about each other. And what the public thinks doesn't matter much either to what Harry feels in his heart nor to what he and she are going to decide going forward. If at some point they feel pr is warranted regarding their relationship, it's certainly not going to come from me. :p

An entertaining chat with Meghan in 2013, on the set of Suits:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiZmaNnBrwY

Cover shoot for Splash magazine in 2014:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeLBz24mhs8

Last edited:
I think some people see old interviews that are posted places and leap to the conclusion that Meghan is currently actively courting publicity when in fact she has pretty much closed things down.

What the old clips and videos and interviews tell me most is that Meghan had a full and rewarding life before she ever set eyes on Harry. Finding and winning the heart of a man that has a full and rewarding life also is the proverbial icing on the cake if you ask me. :D

William and Kate got engaged sometime in October 2010, announced mid-November 2010. At most they were privately engaged for six weeks. Not "a couple months plus". (It was also reported at the time of the engagement the official announcement was postponed slightly because Kate's grandfather died early November).

Let's try and not exaggerate things to make our own points seem more plausible.

I did not know the exact time frame that they were engaged. It was years ago to recall that exactly. It was not an intent to exaggerate. Come on!

The important point is that Wills and Kate were engaged secretly prior to announcing it. If they can do it Harry and Meghan can too. It's not exactly nonsense.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder a bit about the demographics of commenters and how that might impact their view of the speed of the relationship. Which is to say, what do people who've fallen in love and settled down in their 20s (in a lasting marriage) think of it vs people who did so in their 30s or 40s vs people who're still in their 20s, 30s & 40s and single.

Personally, it doesn't seem that far out to me, but I moved in with my husband nine months after we started dating and at that point we were 8 weeks pregnant with our (planned) daughter. I was 35.
Good point hel. My husband and I became engaged 9 months after we began dating and married 6 months later just days before I celebrated my 35th birthday. I was pregnant with our first 9 months after our wedding date.

Yep...I am betting on a Spring/Summer wedding 2018 also. Engagement (announced) this fall/winter.
Agreed.

As far as being engaged before any public announcement had been made, I actually had to laugh as I remembered winning a copy here of Katie Nicholl's book "William and Harry" back in 2010. In the book, Nicholl stated that William and Kate had secretly agreed they were to marry years before the fact and all I could think of is "How the heck would she know what two people talked about privately?".

Personally, I was hoping for a secret elopement to Vegas and being married by an Elvis impersonator. That would have been "the bee's knees". :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Good point hel. My husband and I became engaged 9 months after we began dating and married 6 months later just days before I celebrated my 35th birthday. I was pregnant with our first 9 months after our wedding date.

Agreed.

Early-30s bride here as well! Engaged within 11 months, married the next year, baby #1 arrived 10 months later. Will be married 20 years in June.

I think Harry and Meghan have been/will be influenced by their age and place in life. I think as you get older you tend to move on more quickly from relationships that you don't see as long-term, and perhaps solidify ones you do more quickly.

From the beginning, I've sensed a strong partnership, respect and love between them. I wish them good luck moving forward.

I said this awhile back. Couples in that age range are more confident and secure about who they are and what they want. No need for all the dancing around and all that goes on (typically) in the early 20's. I would say a typical couple would know within 3 to 6 months if there is any future to it (assuming that's the goal). Even allowing for the long distance and high profile (which they have done great at evading the press) relationship, Harry and Meghan wouldn't be together at this point unless it was serious. If they get thru summer, even more so.

LaRae

It might be a short engagement and quick marriage. I read that they want to start having kids right away. So, well see.

I married the first time at 20 and even though the marriage lasted over 20 years, I can definitely see that what was important to me about a relationship when I was 20 was far different than what I found to be important when I married the second time at 45.

The first marriage was falling in love and the ideal of what a fairy tale marriage was supposed to be like was firmly implanted in my head. My parents had a strong, loving relationship that lasted till death did they part. Not quite what I found in the reality of the marriage. We were never close friends to start off with. That's what I found to be most important in my second marriage and we'll celebrate 20 years in October.

As we grow older, preconceived notions of how we see people and the relationships with them change. Grand passionate love does play a huge part no matter what the age but as we grow older, we realize that grand passions aren't enough and there has to be mutual goals going into the future. Its realized that both their lives have to adapt to each other and they need to be able to function as a united team through thick and thin.

With Harry and Meghan in their 30s and their lives pretty much sorted out to being the way that they wanted it to be and knowing what their lives together in the future would entail, there's a bigger chance that the realities they already know will serve them to know if they can be a united team together.

Personally I never thought Cressida was that serious of a relationship. Chelsey was serious but too much immaturity/drama between them.

If he's had private relationships they haven't lasted long enough for the public to know.

This is the first one I've thought could really go the distance.

LaRae

Wouldn't there always be some event or anniversary or happening, that the engagement would take attention away from? He's a full time royal, attending public events throughout the year, and if/when they get engaged, it would take attention away from something else.

I agree and I disagree with your point here. Yes, there is always something going on that an engagement will be a distraction from. But as bad as it sounds, there are some events that should not be overshadowed, while other engagements are in a way somewhat "lesser".

An engagement announcement during the election is going to take away from the election - something which the BRF typically avoids doing. They don't want to be seen as influencing politics. An engagement announcement around the Trooping (the Queen's official birthday) or November (when the Queen and DoE's 70th anniversary is) will overshadow the Queen - which again, the BRF typically avoids doing. An engagement at the end of the summer/start of September will overshadow Invictus, which Harry personally isn't likely to want because it's a personal project for him.

I don't think we're likely to see an engagement announcement before Meghan finishes with Suits, but if we were to see one this year I'd predict either in July, October, or December.

I think some people see old interviews that are posted places and leap to the conclusion that Meghan is currently actively courting publicity when in fact she has pretty much closed things down.

Yes, it's apparently the case that many people don't seem to be aware that all of the Youtube video clips of interviews, Suits features, fashion shoots, and even the humanitarian-related interviews and the speech Meghan gave to UN Women, predate her relationship with Harry. Meghan also has a substantial pre-Harry Suits fanbase, although I'd personally never heard of Meghan Markle or the television show prior to last November's announcement that Harry was dating Meghan.

I actually wish that I'd known about Meghan sooner because I find her to be such an interesting, down-to-earth and inspiring person. But now, she is not in a position to be as open as she has previously been in sharing details of her life with the public. It's truly a gift that Meghan's Instagram is still available, even though she rarely posts anymore.

What the old clips and videos and interviews tell me most is that Meghan had a full and rewarding life before she ever set eyes on Harry. Finding and winning the heart of a man that has a full and rewarding life also is the proverbial icing on the cake if you ask me. :D

Very beautifully stated, and obviously true. :flowers: There's yummy cake and delicious icing in store for all involved, if you ask me. ;)

Last edited:
I don't think it'll ever happen on a professional level at all.

Looking at it, Meghan would be trading in a professional acting career and gaining a world stage to make a difference. I think that will be a step up.

" Meghan Markle looked ever the proud girlfriend as she cheered on Prince Harry at the Audi Polo Challenge in Ascot yesterday.
The Suits actress and her royal boyfriend looked extremely loved up as they hugged and kissed afterwards.
Standing by a car, they embraced as they said goodbye.
And it seemed like they didn't care who saw them, after the charity polo match."

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry SO loved up as they kiss and hug after the Audi Polo Challenge - Mirror Online
[emoji173] [emoji173] [emoji173] [emoji173]
Awww...I love it!

I hope Harry lets her continue acting some.

Is this 1817, or 2017 ? Husbands no longer control the actions of their wives in the manner you imply!
What does control the actions of British Royal wives, however, are the mores of the Royal family, and it is INCONCEIVABLE that Ms Markle [if she becomes Harry's wife] could continue to act. She will be far too busy as a 'full time Royal' and likely a Mother to boot..

There we have it folks. A very public display of affection between Harry and Meghan. We can breathe a bit easier knowing that all is well between these two people and they're getting used to being more open in public for all the world to see.

They'll probably always cherish the months where everything was under the radar and just them but with assurance that the relationship is strong, its time to let people know they're a loving couple.

Gotta love it! :clap:

If Harry was dating Lady Poundcake, she would also be at the polo and no doubt probably give him a hug.

Nothing I see from Meghan and Harry is unique. He's done all this before.

The difference with this relationship is there appears to be a biological clock ticking. I agree the older he gets the more likely he will be to get married, whether that's a good reason or not.

I don't think it'll ever happen on a professional level at all.

Looking at it, Meghan would be trading in a professional acting career and gaining a world stage to make a difference. I think that will be a step up.

:previous: We'll never know what would have happened for Meghan professionally. She was gaining more attention in industry circles with her work on Suits, and once Suits ended, she may have received other offers, if that's the direction she wished to go in. I don't think she's an actor with great range, but she's clearly talented and competent with the Suits-style drama and the light romantic fare she did for Hallmark Channel (two films: Dater's Handbook, and When Sparks Fly). The funny thing is that there are a number of movies out there with those same titles. I guess Hallmark recycles their movie titles. :lol:

The sky was the limit for whatever Meghan wanted to do before she fatefully met Prince Harry. She surely would have continued her lifestyle blog and signed a new contract with Reitmans. Her circle of influential and high profile friends was increasing. She may well have been interested in hosting a cooking show, or doing any number of other projects in Canada, where she had achieved some measure of celebrity due to Suits, as well as to the recognition and following she had achieved for her lifestyle blog, The Tig.

And above all, it's clear that Meghan would have continued and perhaps expanded her work with UN Women. But now she can leave the professional acting life behind and devote herself more fully to her humanitarian interests in a more higher profile and substantive way. She's probably very happy about the increased possibilities for benefiting others and on a personal level, of starting a family. I do feel though that her options without Harry would not be limited, just different.

Meghan seems to be a very positive and giving person who is bringing a lot to her relationship with Prince Harry. It works both ways.

And now we have more pictures of M&H, hugging out in the open, although partly obstructed by the cars. :D

Last edited:
If Harry was dating Lady Poundcake, she would also be at the polo and no doubt probably give him a hug.

The difference with this relationship is there appears to be a biological clock ticking. I agree the older he gets the more likely he will be to get married, whether that's a good reason or not.

The "biological clock" applies mostly to women who want to have children. For men like Harry, it is not such a major issue. Philippe of Belgium for example was 39 when he married; Harry on the other hand is only 32.

The "biological clock" applies mostly to women who want to have children. For men like Harry, it is not such a major issue. Philippe of Belgium for example was 39 when he married; Harry on the other hand is only 32.

I'm talking about Meghan. Harry is in a position where he probably wants 'legitimate' issue and if Meghan is the one he's determined to have children with, a five year courtship isn't in the cards.

Whether this is a good reason for marriage, we'll have to wait and see.

:previous:

The way you phrase that, you sound unhappy and fed up: "...if Meghan is the one he's determined to have children with..." :p

You seem to feel that Meghan is some kind of last resort or bottom of the barrel or something. With the way Harry has been looking and acting recently, and with the huge smile on his face as he looked toward the royal box while astride his horse, Prince Harry does not seem like a man being forced by any set of circumstances to make a choice that he's not heavily invested in on a deeply emotional level.

At this point, I doubt that either Meghan or Harry are concerned about biological clocks. They probably are both planning their life together with a lot of advice and help due to Harry being a member of the British Royal family. There's a lot too that they don't even need to worry about, as they would if they were just a regular couple contemplating marriage. :whistling:

Last edited:

Lady Poundcake would likely be like his other girlfriends. Local women, in the past students or without any cemented job. Where a pop over to the polo field Saturday afternoon would be as simple as choosing what to wear.

The difference here is being long distance, it's a much more conscious decision and time consumption. It's not as simple as a drive to the polo field, but a flight across the ocean, and possibly time taken away from work.

I see big differences between Harry and Meghan vs his previous relationships. Firstly, their ages. They're both mature adults, who have had previous relationships. He issued a no joke statement against the nasty harassment she had received., which Imo already set the tone for this relationship, and how Harry wants it to bee seen. Imo also very natural, mature pda. All this Imo is different, but I'm going back to the age. Both are grown adults, who have lived life, and might be just ready to settle down. Jmo.

http://www.eonline.com/news/849027/...-sneak-in-kiss-at-first-public-event-together

:lol: But he's not dating Lady Poundcake, and that's a fact. :D

I think there are fairly significant differences between Meghan/Harry's relationship and Harry's prior relationships. But we each see what we see and interpret as we will. ;)

Personally, I don't think there's any doubt that this relationship is quite different, and not just because of their ages. It's already been reported how comfortable they are with each, and how things just seem "natural" between them, as if they've "always known each other." Harry's November press announcement is unprecedented. And it seems that after the trip to Norway, their relationship deepened, with Meghan spending a great deal of time in London with Harry in January and February.

Then the Inskip wedding in Jamaica. And I don't ever recall hearing so much about Harry whisking a young lady away for a special trip to see the northern lights, or to attend a best friend's wedding and escape for several days afterward to an exclusive romantic hotel with a cave restaurant. And then the private date night at the London museum. There's the fact that Harry detoured to see Meghan in Toronto on his way back from the Caribbean. He recently made the trip to spend Easter weekend with Meghan in Toronto. So they are each making notable efforts to ensure they spend quality time together and bridge the long distance.

In addition, there is the larger public interest generated due to Meghan's high profile as an actor, and as an American living in Canada with an already built-in fanbase from her tv show and her lifestyle blog. Another difference is that Meghan is an independently wealthy career woman who has had past relationships and breakups which allows her to know more about herself and has prepared her for this experience with Harry. She brings a lot to the relationship. They are both at a point in life where they have admitted being ready to start a family. And they have given themselves time for their relationship to develop. It's simply the nature of who Harry is that colors everything and ratchets up the public's interest and the media's OTT intrusiveness, which they are determined to keep a lid on.

While we've seen Harry canoodling affectionately in public with Chelsy before, he always seemed a bit bored in the pictures I've seen of him with Cressida. It was young love with Chelsy that did not endure for a number of reasons, including her extreme discomfort for having to deal with relentless media bombardment. Nor was Chelsy that interested in living in London long term after trying it out. I'm sure Chelsy and Harry had opportunities to get away from it all and spend quality time on trips together, and at her home in South Africa. But again, that was young love, and Harry was also dealing with unresolved grief throughout his twenties, as he recently revealed. He reportedly was interested in possibly marrying Chelsy, but the problems they faced led to them having an on again off again romance. And then they split for good around the time of William/Kate's wedding. After the birth of his neice and nephew, Harry found himself even more eager to have children of his own. In interviews, he often discussed being ready to find the right person, willing to take on the pressures of royal life.

The military further matured Harry, and the experience in Las Vegas, likely helped lead him toward seeking help for his emotional issues. In recent years, he seemed to be more philosophical and reflective, and also more purposeful in regard to his work with Sentebale, and with injured veterans, which led to him creating the Invictus Games.

So, like Osipi said earlier, both Meghan and Harry have been leading full and purposeful lives. They appear to have a lot in common, and to have come together at the right time for each of them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom