The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #3461  
Old 01-25-2017, 07:39 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 8,918
There are things that come to light that can be taken as factual. The statement that Kensington Palace released was a fact. They are seeing each other is a fact. Meghan went to India is a fact. We don't know for a fact that this relationship is headed for marriage as a fact but discussing the various odds and ends related to the "what if" come into play with royal duties, careers and bits and pieces of how a royal marriage would work.

To state outright that this is a "deep" relationship and even deeper than any other relationship Harry has had is claiming as fact something that we don't know is true or not. There's a difference between giving an opinion saying "I think it looks like..." (and giving sources and reasons why) and stating something as fact that cannot be substantiated are horses of two different colors.
__________________

__________________
“In my walks, every man I meet is my superior in some way, and in that I learn from him.”
~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
  #3462  
Old 01-25-2017, 08:08 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Washington DC, United States
Posts: 335
You wants facts? Here are some:

1. Harry issues an emotional statement from KP about Meghan and their relationship to the press.

2. He has considered and very well may have paid for a bodyguard for her out of his own pocket to keep her safe.

3. He has traveled across the pond to be with her many times and her him and have stayed in each others homes.

So Harry has done all this and possibly more for just a fling, now at 32 years old?? Oh please!

Get real!

I stand by what said before! Those that don't want to accept it, that is you. Have at it.
__________________

  #3463  
Old 01-25-2017, 08:53 PM
Ish's Avatar
Ish Ish is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 3,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Observer7 View Post
You wants facts? Here are some:

1. Harry issues an emotional statement from KP about Meghan and their relationship to the press.

2. He has considered and very well may have paid for a bodyguard for her out of his own pocket to keep her safe.

3. He has traveled across the pond to be with her many times and her him and have stayed in each others homes.

So Harry has done all this and possibly more for just a fling, now at 32 years old?? Oh please!

Get real!

I stand by what said before! Those that don't want to accept it, that is you. Have at it.

Your number 2 is not factual, it's a rumour.

And your number 3 is mostly rumour too - we know he went to see her in Toronto once, because it was after the Caribbean tour. We have rumours of other visits, but rumours aren't fact.

Likewise, we know she made a visit to London once, around Remembrance Day, because she was photographed there. Other "spottings" are actually unconfirmed rumours; neither Meghan nor Harry are confirming the rumours, nor is any other verifiable source.

Rumours aren't fact.

And we don't know that this is heading to marriage. We can assume that it is serious, based on the verifiable facts, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're looking to run down the aisle. Or go down it at all; we're assuming that part.
  #3464  
Old 01-25-2017, 08:55 PM
Ish's Avatar
Ish Ish is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 3,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Observer7 View Post
You all,

Harry will not lose his title or his place in line for the throne. Where are you getting this stuff?

If that were the case, I doubt Harry would have pursued a relationship with Meghan if that were the case at 32 years old. At his age Harry is thinking about getting married and starting a family. And I doubt he would be with Meghan at this point in his life if marriage was not on his mind and long before now in fact.

I highly doubt Charles has any issues with Harry dating or marrying Meghan if that is what he wants. And too, Charles is no place to make any judgments on Meghan considering his past, track record, and who and what he is currently married to.

I think many of you just don't want to accept that Harry is in deep in a very serious relationship with Meghan Markle. He is in deeper in this relationship than any other relationship he has had including that with C. Davy because Meghan has more than that her or any of the others.

I think this is headed marriage so you might as well prepare yourselves.

You might want to check up on your succession laws.

Harry is in no danger of losing his title, true, but if he marries without his grandmother's permission he will lose his place in the succession. This is actual law not only in Britain, but in all 16 of the realms which have Queen Elizabeth II as their monarch.
  #3465  
Old 01-25-2017, 08:56 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 8,918
Sorry but the statement issued by Kensington Palace was not "emotional" but straightforward letter listing complaints to the media of the undue harassment of Meghan and her family. They crossed the line and Harry and KP asked them to back off and treat her and her family with respect.

For your other statements that you believe are facts. Do you have credible sources to back them up? We do not know the itinerary of their private life other than a few facts.

Its nice you have such a positive opinion on where this is all headed and to be honest, I agree with you that its very possible. The important thing to remember though is to state things as an opinion and not fact unless you can back them up with credible sources. Last I checked, that's the rules here and how postings should be. Took me a while to get used to that too.
__________________
“In my walks, every man I meet is my superior in some way, and in that I learn from him.”
~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
  #3466  
Old 01-25-2017, 09:48 PM
cepe's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,887
I don't know if this was ever posted on here but this is a tweet from Richard Palmer, Royal Correspondent on 16th January

QUOTE:
There's concern in royal circles at the antics of some of Meghan Markle's relatives but Prince Harry's happiness will be paramount. END

Concern was understandable (about her family, not her)

I think that really is how it is.
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
  #3467  
Old 01-26-2017, 12:42 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Nashville, United States
Posts: 132
As you guys know, Suits returned tonight and the showrunner gave an interview afterwards where he was asked about Meghan's relationship with Harry. He clarified that Meghan only asked for one day off and they were happy to give it to her. He also spoke about the added publicity on set. You can read it here: Suits' Boss on Midseason Premiere, Jessica Void | Hollywood Reporter
  #3468  
Old 01-26-2017, 02:09 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 5,687
Quote:
There have been whispers of a royal engagement ever since Prince Harry publicly named Meghan Markle as his girlfriend back in November.

And the actress's co-star Patrick J. Adams has done little to quell the rumours after hinting that she could be a 'future princess of England'.

The Suits star took to Reddit on Wednesday night to take part in a Q&A with fans, and while some wanted to know about the show, talk soon turned to the royal romance.
Read more: Meghan Markle's co-star hints she is 'a future princess' | Daily Mail Online
  #3469  
Old 01-26-2017, 02:28 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Somewhere in, United Kingdom
Posts: 359
^
He was asked something along the lines 'What does it feel like kissing a possible future princess of England?' He replied 'The same it did before she was the possible future princess of England.' i thought it was funny, actually.
  #3470  
Old 01-26-2017, 02:40 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 8,918
Once again, its the press insinuating into an article headline something that in reality, isn't there. We all know its very possible that Meghan could be a future princess of the UK (not England) but in actuality, the Suits co-star wasn't even remotely talking about Meghan's relationship with Harry but just candidly answering a question in the vein it was asked.
__________________
“In my walks, every man I meet is my superior in some way, and in that I learn from him.”
~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
  #3471  
Old 01-26-2017, 03:25 PM
Ish's Avatar
Ish Ish is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 3,326
As ridiculous as the headline is, it does help support the argument that Meghan is going to be bombarded with these types of questions if/when she starts promoting the show.

If her co-stars are being asked about her relationship, then there's no way she won't be as well.
  #3472  
Old 01-26-2017, 03:33 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 8,918
Hopefully Meghan will be adept at deflecting such questions. Its inevitable though, as you say, that questions about her relationship with Harry will come from all angles at her.

Enquiring minds want to know and there's only so many ways to graciously field the questions before it starts getting really annoying.
__________________
“In my walks, every man I meet is my superior in some way, and in that I learn from him.”
~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
  #3473  
Old 01-26-2017, 03:47 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: TX, United States
Posts: 416
For Suits publicity events, I am sure the press corps can be forewarned that Meghan's relationship with Harry is off-limits, and any questions or comments on the subject will not be responded to. No doubt the showrunners would love that type of publicity, but I would imagine that at this point Meghan is aware that highlighting her relationship with Harry in that arena would not sit well with Harry or his family. JMO
  #3474  
Old 01-26-2017, 04:03 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Nashville, United States
Posts: 132
This was a fan Q&A. I don't think it tells us anything about what Meghan will have to deal with since I doubt she will be answering any questions in that particular format. If/when she does interviews for the show, I'm sure she will let reporters know that she doesn't want to talk about her personal life.

Daily Mail is shameless and desperate for any news when it comes to this relationship. No surprise that they would write a misleading headline/article about what her co-star said.
  #3475  
Old 01-26-2017, 04:06 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 8,918
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenPenny View Post
For Suits publicity events, I am sure the press corps can be forewarned that Meghan's relationship with Harry is off-limits, and any questions or comments on the subject will not be responded to. No doubt the showrunners would love that type of publicity, but I would imagine that at this point Meghan is aware that highlighting her relationship with Harry in that arena would not sit well with Harry or his family. JMO
Not only the points you brought up but actually, it would not serve the PR purposes for Suits itself. It kind of defeats the purpose of promoting a show when the emphasis is one one the actor's private life.

Meghan and Harry have kept their lives together very firmly under the radar and under wraps and I hope they can keep it that way.
__________________
“In my walks, every man I meet is my superior in some way, and in that I learn from him.”
~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
  #3476  
Old 01-26-2017, 04:23 PM
Empress Merel's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: -, Netherlands
Posts: 1,921
Any PR is good PR and her relationship with a Prince is far more interesting for the press than any storyline Suits will ever have. Not for nothing when the Oscar season comes around you will see actors opening up about their private lives and hustling their children in front of the camera. It's all part of the game.

That said, a PR agent will most likely tell interviewers not to ask questions about him and even if people dare or try, will shut it down.
  #3477  
Old 01-26-2017, 05:33 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Tennessee, United States
Posts: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
Any PR is good PR and her relationship with a Prince is far more interesting for the press than any storyline Suits will ever have. Not for nothing when the Oscar season comes around you will see actors opening up about their private lives and hustling their children in front of the camera. It's all part of the game.

That said, a PR agent will most likely tell interviewers not to ask questions about him and even if people dare or try, will shut it down.
All PR is good PR is something only people who are very bad at PR say. It may not be bad PR for her, but it's bad for the show if the questions all go in the direction of Prince Harry stuff. If viewers can walk away from watching an interview or Q&A without being able to recall the name of the show for all the other talk, or not having been introduced to potentially interesting things about the plot or the characters, then it's basically not even PR at all for them.

Which is why I maintain that just dating Harry has already made Meghan's acting career more thorny from here on out. Anytime she comes up for a role, casting agents will have to balance her fit for the character against the idea that her love life will hijack their attempts to publicize the movie. It's a different calculation when the celebrity in question was quite well known as an actor before their personal life got crazy, but Meghan wasn't anywhere near that level of recognition pre-Harry. I hope she really does enjoy this charity work as much as she likes, because regardless of whether this relationship works out or not, it may become her primary livelihood for a while once Suits has run its course.
  #3478  
Old 01-26-2017, 07:18 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Nashville, United States
Posts: 132
Suits is a well-established show that's about to go into its 7th season. I doubt there's much concern at all about this relationship overshadowing the show. It's already found its audience, who's going to watch, regardless.

Meghan is a mixed-race woman who will be in her late 30s by the time Suits is over (if she doesn't leave the show before then). I think those facts will have more of an affect on her career than her dating Harry. I don't think the latter will have nearly the impact some have suggested, be it positive or negative.
  #3479  
Old 01-26-2017, 07:48 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 8,918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbigail View Post
Suits is a well-established show that's about to go into its 7th season. I doubt there's much concern at all about this relationship overshadowing the show. It's already found its audience, who's going to watch, regardless.

Meghan is a mixed-race woman who will be in her late 30s by the time Suits is over (if she doesn't leave the show before then). I think those facts will have more of an affect on her career than her dating Harry. I don't think the latter will have nearly the impact some have suggested, be it positive or negative.
I agree with you. For the most part, people could care less who Prince Harry is and who he is dating. They tune in to watch Suits because they like the show and not because of the private lives of the cast. Other than us royal watchers who do follow Harry and his fan base and her fan base elsewhere, the general population could care less.
__________________
“In my walks, every man I meet is my superior in some way, and in that I learn from him.”
~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
  #3480  
Old 01-26-2017, 08:56 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 4,462
If Meghan was a British actress in a British show it might have an impact one way or another. Cressida Bonas has the DM publicising her latest film or theatre show simply because she is an ex girlfriend, even though she and Harry have been broken up for quite a while now,

However, the US is very different. I don't think US or even Canadian audiences would care at all, simply because, in the USA anyway, individual members of the BRF do not exactly loom large in people's lives. People in general watch what they want to watch, or not, regardless of the cast's private lives.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
albania best outfit birthday carl gustaf chris o'neill crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess victoria current events denmark fashion poll general news hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume infanta cristina infanta leonor infanta sofia iñaki urdangarín king felipe king felipe vi king philippe letizia monarchy news november 2016 october 2016 picture of the week prince alexander prince carl philip prince charles prince daniel prince felix prince gabriel prince nicholas prince oscar princess claire of luxembourg princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary princess mary fashion princess of asturias princess sofia princess victoria queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen mathilde daytime fashion queen mathilde fashion queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen silvia state visit stephanie sweden swedish royal family the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats victoria


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:05 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises