Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be frank, I've seen the Hallmark movies she was the leading lady in and her name or who she was never really clicked with me at all. I've seen several episodes of Suits prior to her dating Harry and still, to this day, couldn't name the actors and actresses that play in that series. There was a mention in a post earlier about Malcolm Jamal Warner whose name I did recognize as he played Theo Huxtable in Bill Cosby's family show. Odd how some things stick with you and others don't eh?

One thing that is a given though is that Meghan has made serious inroads in her career as a professional actress and has found fulfilling work in other ventures that she took on. She is, by no means, someone that has no substance to her character nor is she among the classification of women that are always on the lookout for men that will boost their self esteem along with their bank accounts. Meghan Markle is the real deal and as I also believe that Harry is the real deal, these two people are meeting on equal ground and should they become a permanent team, watch out world!!

But she doesnt' have to put up with much from him because it is a long distance relationship. Its not any preparation for real life marriage. and I'd thought of H as having outgrown his early bratty ways and become a good natured young man who if he's not too bright, is a kindly decent chap.

Well, as far as I can see Harry IS a kindly and decent chap, albeit one who has gone through some trauma in the past because of unresolved issues. Meghan wouldn't be oblivious to this. They can talk things over, Skype, phone each other, write and she has lived with him for several months. Meghan doesn't strike me as a callous or superficial woman, and I'm sure she is as helpful and supportive as she can be to Harry. He, after all, has said that he is in a good place right now.

Last edited:
I've watched some of Suits and the writers don't give her character much of anything, but it's not a show that catches my interest at all.

I wish her all the best in a very difficult profession.

To be frank, I've seen the Hallmark movies she was the leading lady in and her name or who she was never really clicked with me at all. I've seen several episodes of Suits prior to her dating Harry and still, to this day, couldn't name the actors and actresses that play in that series. There was a mention in a post earlier about Malcolm Jamal Warner whose name I did recognize as he played Theo Huxtable in Bill Cosby's family show. Odd how some things stick with you and others don't eh?

Most of the cast of Suits haven't had really successful careers outside of Suits. Of the 6 main stars, the only one who had an established career going into the first episode was Gina Torres, and while she's had a lot of small roles in her career, unless you're a Joss Whedon or Sami Rami fan, she's not even more than a "where do I recognize her from" actress. There tends to be more name recognition amongst the reoccurring characters... but even then it's still more of a "where do I recognize him/her from" than a "oh wow, so and so is in this!"

Most of the cast of Suits haven't had really successful careers outside of Suits. Of the 6 main stars, the only one who had an established career going into the first episode was Gina Torres, and while she's had a lot of small roles in her career, unless you're a Joss Whedon or Sami Rami fan, she's not even more than a "where do I recognize her from" actress. There tends to be more name recognition amongst the reoccurring characters... but even then it's still more of a "where do I recognize him/her from" than a "oh wow, so and so is in this!"

As a Joss Whedon fan, I'm jealous Meghan got to work with the incomparable Gina Torres!

As a Joss Whedon fan, I'm jealous Meghan got to work with the incomparable Gina Torres!

I know right! Gina Torres is something else and her husband actor, Laurence Fishburne, will blow your mind with his talent. Along with Malcolm-Jamal Warner, Meghan is working in brilliant company.

If you believe the predictions with ASPARAGUS then Prince Harry will marry this November! :lol::lol:

Prince Harry will marry in November, predicts Asparamancer | Daily Mail Online

Well, i must admit that telling the future with the help of asparagus was a new thing... :lol:

But I wouldn't be surprised if there is a royal wedding this fall or winter: Eugenie and Jack. I would put my money on a wedding next spring (april or may, perhaps) for Harry and Meghan. I know they've only been dating for a year now, but they seem very serious about this. And even if it's a boring fact: Meghan will be 36 this summer, 37 next summer. If they want a large family there is no reason for them to wait several years to get married.

Yes, even for only two children, best to get a move on. I could see a wedding next Spring too.

I am an American and let me tell you, you are correct about how hysterical the US tabloid media will be.

I don't know about that. I certainly expect lots of coverage but I don't see the more popular US tabloids/magazines (People, US Weekly) going as far as The Daily Mail or The Sun. I'd say at least 80% of the US stories will be inoffensive fluff pieces whereas the UK tabs will use it as a opportunity to be even more intrusive. The DM already hired a genealogist to look into Meghan's slave ancestry, juxtaposing it against Harry's royal lineage. I fully expect more of those kind of stories.

I don't know about that. I certainly expect lots of coverage but I don't see the more popular US tabloids/magazines (People, US Weekly) going as far as The Daily Mail or The Sun. I'd say at least 80% of the US stories will be inoffensive fluff pieces whereas the UK tabs will use it as a opportunity to be even more intrusive. The DM already hired a genealogist to look into Meghan's slave ancestry, juxtaposing it against Harry's royal lineage. I fully expect more of those kind of stories.

I agree with you about that. I interpreted hysterical to be that there will be LOTS of coverage. Most tabloids/magazines in the US give very favorable coverage to the royals, particularly Kate, William, and Harry. We Americans love the Royal family. :flowers:

This is the way I see it. Should Harry and Meghan become engaged and a wedding date is announced, it'll be a celebration on both sides of the pond. As an analogy, there is something quite similar every year on the Detroit River between Windsor, Ontario and Detroit, Michigan. They have an International Freedom Festival to celebrate both Canada Day and the US Fourth of July.

I would imagine that the sentiments that will arise will be kind of comparable to when American actress Grace Kelly married Prince Ranier of Monaco.

Tabloids will be tabloids until there are tabloids no more and we know what we can expect from them. Both sides of the pond though will be doing respectable and informative articles with gobs and gobs of pictures. :D

Like everyone, I cannot wait for another royal wedding, but I hope Harry and Megan date for awhile longer before tying the knot. Successful marriages tend to correlate with the length of the relationship. I think every couple needs to date for at least 2 years. But of course, it varies and depends on the couple themselves.

Harry and Megan have been dating for only less than a year, I don't think a wedding will happen this year, maybe not even 2018.

I agree Anfisa 'Marry in haste, repent at leisure' is a salutary adage...

I agree with you about that. I interpreted hysterical to be that there will be LOTS of coverage. Most tabloids/magazines in the US give very favorable coverage to the royals, particularly Kate, William, and Harry. We Americans love the Royal family. :flowers:

This is true. I think the biggest difference between the UK and US tabloid media won't be the amount of coverage (I think it'll be about equal) but the kind of stories being published. Considering that the US media is kinder to the royals, I think it will be the UK media putting the US to shame because the former is...well, shameless. :lol:

Like everyone, I cannot wait for another royal wedding, but I hope Harry and Megan date for awhile longer before tying the knot. Successful marriages tend to correlate with the length of the relationship. I think every couple needs to date for at least 2 years. But of course, it varies and depends on the couple themselves.

Harry and Megan have been dating for only less than a year, I don't think a wedding will happen this year, maybe not even 2018.

I think there are a lot of factors that determine whether or not a marriage is successful and honestly, I wouldn't put length of the relationship at the top of the list. Meghan herself was previously in a lengthy relationship that resulted in marriage which didn't last half as long as the relationship itself. There were obviously other variables at play, one or more of which the couple may not have known would become an issue.

With that said, I certainly don't think anyone should rush into marriage. But given that Harry and Meghan have lived a little, are presumably wiser now, know what they want, what doesn't work for them etc., I don't think they necessarily need to wait x amount of years before marrying. IMO, those are variables that are more important than the length of their relationship.

Last edited:

Maybe if they were still in their twenties, but they're not. At their age, most people don't waste time dating anyone who's not a potential HEA. I imagine that may have been one the reasons Harry had to pursue her as hard as it appears he did.

I mean I'm fairly confident myself, but as an older, mixed race, single mum, he'd have to work pretty hard to convince me he wanted something serious because my thinking is, I've not got any time to waste.

And especially since Harry has always spoken about wanting kids, sooner is better than later..

Usually, in the their 20s, couples gravitate together and date and having a good time is the name of the game. Most 20 somethings are just starting to explore the world around them and are still looking for what they want to do with their lives. Many are still in school even.

By the time people hit their 30s, finding a partner takes on a more serious slant. Like you said renzii, they're more concerned for their future, want to settle down and have children and the party hardy "lets have fun" days are mostly in the past. They're not going to waste time continuing to see someone if they know there's no future in it.

I think we see this with Harry and Meghan as it doesn't seem that they're out hitting the hot nightspots or living it up at Monte Carlo and those kind of things. They've mostly been holed up at his or her home, cooking meals, watching videos and well.... things that a married couple would do. They both know the direction in which they want their lives to go and they're finding out if they can travel the same path and accomplish the same goals along with being partners and maybe having children. Its a more mature approach to marriage and family.

I hope it all works out for them and that they live as happily ever after as they possibly can and may all their troubles be little ones. ;)

There's always exceptions. Sometimes couples just know they're meant for each other right away. :D

At the moment it's only a few days here and there I would like to see them living together full time before an engagement. Of course this makes it hard for her giving up her acting to live with Harry and with no real purpose. Anyway nothing to do with me they will do what they want and I will cross my fingers for them.

When it is right it just works. Met my husband on Saturday, got engaged on Monday, married in October. That was 59 years ago and we are still going strong. We are in our 80"s now and I hope we have another 20 years. I wish Harry and Meghan all the best.

Knew the day I met my husband we would be married and a year later we were...and that was almost 30 years ago.

Folks in their mid 30's know what they want if they are seriously looking for a spouse. Alot of that song and dance that goes on in the early 20's isn't necessary. People are usually more comfortable with who they are and more confident about what they want...and not likely to waste time after they find it.

LaRae

At the moment it's only a few days here and there I would like to see them living together full time before an engagement. Of course this makes it hard for her giving up her acting to live with Harry and with no real purpose. Anyway nothing to do with me they will do what they want and I will cross my fingers for them.

I believe it was said that Meghan was living with Harry throughout most of January/February/March, having joined him sometime between Christmas and New Years and staying with him until she returned to Toronto when filming resumed (with the exception of her trip to India).

There wasn't anything presented to actually support that - no pictures or regular spottings of her in London during the time - but it's something that makes sense. There weren't spottings of her in Toronto or anywhere else at the time either, but as soon as she started filming again she started being spotted going to yoga and the like in Toronto again. Other than her trip to India, the only time we saw Meghan during that time period was when she was with Meghan.

With that in mind, it seems fairly likely that they did spend most of those 3 months together, and now are trying to catch whatever opportunities they can for one to go to the other.

Exactly. When in your thirties you not only know more clearly what you want in a partner. But you also know what you want for yourself in life and who you are. In twenties you are still sorting both out. Sometimes you are lucky and you find that person who grows and changes with you. But it's more important at that age for longer term dating. You need to know as you grow and change, your partner will with you. It's easier to make decisions about partners when older and more established.

I agree Anfisa 'Marry in haste, repent at leisure' is a salutary adage...
Not necessarily. Look at the King and Queen of Spain. They did not have a long courtship and 13 yrs later they are still going strong.

When you meet the right person sometimes you just know and don't need years and years of courtship.

But if by marrying this person changes everything in your live from what you wear what work you do want opinion you have where you live how much time to see your family raise your children etc etc. it's a huge life change to make

It is a big decision to make, but Letizia made it and she also had to make a huge adjustment as well as, rumour having to pass her early married life in a hostile environment, due to the King Juan Carlos's disapproval. She came through though, and she and Felipe are a devoted couple.

But if by marrying this person changes everything in your live from what you wear what work you do want opinion you have where you live how much time to see your family raise your children etc etc. it's a huge life change to make
Meghan would hardly be the first royal bride in the modern history to do so. In fact, many of them married the heir rather than spare, which meant it was under even more pressure and scrutiny.

Last edited:
It is a big decision to make, but Letizia made it and she also had to make a huge adjustment as well as, rumour having to pass her early married life in a hostile environment, due to the King Juan Carlos's disapproval. She came through though, and she and Felipe are a devoted couple.

In all their photos together Letizia and Felipe look at each other with such love, even after years of marriage. They must be soulmates. With their daughters growing up, I wonder if they will plan to have more children. I suppose not.

Sorry for the off-topic too. I was just struck by the loving way King and Queen of Spain look at each other.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom