The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 10:25 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Well, I suppose you'd have to ask Crown Princess Mary of Denmark (real estate and conveyencing) Queen Maxima of the Netherlands (International banking) Sophie of Wessex who had her own PR firm, Queen Mathilde of Belgium (speech therapist) and Queen Letizia of Spain (journalist and high profile news anchor) that question. Also Grace Kelly had a huge stellar career as an actress, which she gave up. I guess they all fell in love, wanted to marry, and also thought they just might be able to make a difference to people's lives by adopting various charities and causes within their husband's country..
Agree. Of course there are real, life-altering burdens that come with marrying a royal and it's understandable if any woman wouldn't want to endure it all. But I don't think its hard to see why a career woman would marry a royal. There's more to life than just one particular career. Falling in love, starting a family, exploring new possibilities and opportunities are just as (if not more) important to some women. And I think that will be the case with Meghan if ever her and Harry decided to marry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I think they're trying to make a good go at it, so they're trying to keep things private. I do wonder if they'll make a big public appearance this year though? With the social season around the corner...polo, football games etc.
I recently saw one of the lead actors for Suits tweet that they'll start filming the new season in April. So that leaves February/March for them to maybe make an appearance or two together and then most likely, the summer when Meghan gets another break from filming. (Although it's possible they could make an appearance together during a break in her shooting schedule.)

Old 01-23-2017, 11:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbigail View Post
I recently saw one of the lead actors for Suits tweet that they'll start filming the new season in April. So that leaves February/March for them to maybe make an appearance or two together and then most likely, the summer when Meghan gets another break from filming. (Although it's possible they could make an appearance together during a break in her shooting schedule.)

February/March is when Suits is airing, so Meghan's very likely going to have obligations regarding promoting the show at that time.

I'm actually fairly interested in seeing just how she's going to balance promoting the show while keeping her personal life private. I think that's going to be the next serious test to their relationship.

Old 01-23-2017, 11:47 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
I'm actually fairly interested in seeing just how she's going to balance promoting the show while keeping her personal life private. I think that's going to be the next serious test to their relationship.
I think she may find it easier than we think she might. She is already well adjusted to switching between "Rachel" and "Meghan" and I would imagine that when promoting the show, she'd do it mostly with a "Rachel" mindset and focus on the show with everything else that is "Meghan" off limits. A skilled actor or actress can do that better than other people with no acting abilities.
Old 01-24-2017, 12:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I think she may find it easier than we think she might. She is already well adjusted to switching between "Rachel" and "Meghan" and I would imagine that when promoting the show, she'd do it mostly with a "Rachel" mindset and focus on the show with everything else that is "Meghan" off limits. A skilled actor or actress can do that better than other people with no acting abilities.

I'm not sure if it's so much a "Rachel" vs "Meghan" mindset... "Rachel" is the fictional person, and to some degree it always seems like actors try to distance themselves from their characters; if you look at how they answer questions about the show it's always "my character," or "character's name", not so much "I."

To me it's more... there's "Rachel" the fictional character, then "Meghan the Actress" who needs to promote her show, and "Meghan the Royal Girlfriend" who needs to keep her personal life private.

We know Meghan has had issues in the past with fans of the show not distinguishing between "Rachel" and "Meghan the Actress". And it looks like she's had to struggle with maintaining a public persona as "Meghan the Actress" and "Meghan the Royal Girlfriend" - why else would she go from almost daily postings on social media to a near blackout.

Suits is back this weekend, and looking at the twitter feeds of her co-stars, they're all starting to promote the show again, but Meghan's still remaining silent. I can't imagine that she isn't contracted to promote the show for the rest of the season. That's very likely to include at least some two shows, interviews, etc.
Old 01-24-2017, 12:06 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
February/March is when Suits is airing, so Meghan's very likely going to have obligations regarding promoting the show at that time.

I don't think she'll be doing *that* much promotion. The second half of this season only has 5 or 6 episodes. She'll still have quite a bit of free time.

I don't see why it'll be hard for her to balance the two. If she's asked about Harry she could simply say she's not interested in discussing her private life, if she doesn't make it clear beforehand.

Quote:
I'm not sure if it's so much a "Rachel" vs "Meghan" mindset... "Rachel" is the fictional person, and to some degree it always seems like actors try to distance themselves from their characters; if you look at how they answer questions about the show it's always "my character," or "character's name", not so much "I."

To me it's more... there's "Rachel" the fictional character, then "Meghan the Actress" who needs to promote her show, and "Meghan the Royal Girlfriend" who needs to keep her personal life private.

We know Meghan has had issues in the past with fans of the show not distinguishing between "Rachel" and "Meghan the Actress". And it looks like she's had to struggle with maintaining a public persona as "Meghan the Actress" and "Meghan the Royal Girlfriend" - why else would she go from almost daily postings on social media to a near blackout.

Suits is back this weekend, and looking at the twitter feeds of her co-stars, they're all starting to promote the show again, but Meghan's still remaining silent. I can't imagine that she isn't contracted to promote the show for the rest of the season. That's very likely to include at least some two shows, interviews, etc.
The show is well into its 6th season. It won't suffer because Meghan isn't tweeting about it. In fact, she's already given the show tons of publicity with the news of her dating Harry. She may do a few interviews and tweet about it in the next day or so. We will see.

I'm not sure it's wise to assume she's struggled with maintaining a public persona. She may have simply decided it was best for her to post less on social media at this point.
Old 01-24-2017, 12:23 AM
Nobility

I think the element that will be harder for her is if she does any further work with Reitmans. With Suits, there's a whole cast of people to spread the promotion around. If she wants to, or is contracted to, do another capsule collection, it's all on her. In a way, a fashion line is also more commercial than promoting a show.
Old 01-24-2017, 12:39 AM
Heir Apparent

A reitmans collection won't suffer either way. Reitmans is not the kind of store you go to for the hottest trend. It's an affordable store in al oust every mall, that has plus size clothes as well. It draws I'm a certain crowd of people. The celebrity watchers are not likely to shop there unless they normally do. They are more likely to want to dress like her than wear a label with her name. There may be a slight increase in sales becayse of Harry, but the line will do well with or without her going another commercial for it.
Old 01-24-2017, 06:30 AM
Majesty

Meghan Markle stuns in a bridal gown*on Suits | Daily Mail Online
Old 01-24-2017, 07:44 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
A reitmans collection won't suffer either way. Reitmans is not the kind of store you go to for the hottest trend. It's an affordable store in al oust every mall, that has plus size clothes as well. It draws I'm a certain crowd of people. The celebrity watchers are not likely to shop there unless they normally do. They are more likely to want to dress like her than wear a label with her name. There may be a slight increase in sales becayse of Harry, but the line will do well with or without her going another commercial for it.
I wasn't talking about whether the line would do well or not, but about whether she could fulfill the commitment (which would include promotion) without attracting massive criticism.
Old 01-24-2017, 08:42 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
I wasn't talking about whether the line would do well or not, but about whether she could fulfill the commitment (which would include promotion) without attracting massive criticism.
I can't think of any reason she would be criticized for doing any kind of promotional work whether it be Suits or her clothing designs or anything else for that matter up to until perhaps an engagement announcement and publicly affiliating herself with the British royal family.

Perhaps if this relationship grows serious, any contracts or commitments Meghan has made would be taken into consideration by the couple and worked out before any engagement would be announced.

Until there's an engagement or a marriage, she has no official ties to the British royal family and by just dating Harry, it by no means should curtail anything she's involved with just because some people might "talk" and raise eyebrows or whatever.

With the Daily Mail having headlines such as "Meghan Markle stuns in a bridal gown on Suits", its the media itself that is insinuating something here with perhaps it has something to do with Harry which is certainly doesn't. The script calling for a bridal gown for Rachel and the storyline about her love interest was probably written long before Meghan even met Harry. It would only be tabloids of this ilk that would criticize any venture Meghan does up until something becomes "official" and she'd be reflecting the royal family and the "Firm" by commercial ventures.
Old 01-24-2017, 08:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anfisa View Post
If thats the case then I can't see why any self-respecting woman with a career would marry a royal :/

It all depends on priorities.

I'm not sure, but it seems to me that Meghan is more interested in her charity work than in her acting.
If that's the case, she would have a much broader platform as Harry's wife than she would as an actress, however well-known.

(It's been mentioned that she would not be allowed to express her views openly, but I think that's incorrect. The Queen, for example, has methods of making her wishes known without saying so outright).
Old 01-24-2017, 09:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post

I'm not sure, but it seems to me that Meghan is more interested in her charity work than in her acting.
If that's the case, she would have a much broader platform as Harry's wife than she would as an actress, however well-known.

(It's been mentioned that she would not be allowed to express her views openly, but I think that's incorrect. The Queen, for example, has methods of making her wishes known without saying so outright).
She could express opinions, ie William and Charles are very vocal re environment and Harry speaks out for wounded veterans. What Harry cannot do is speak out on Government support of veterans. Thats political.

So no member of the BRF can speak out in any way they please - there are constraints.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 01-24-2017, 11:39 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
What she posts and thinks yes, a woman who supports sanitation, education and health for women and children in third world countries, who could want that in a royal. I mean if she insists on posting,meant she post about purses and dinner parties and floral arrangements

She is an actress and ambassador. Being on social media is part of her career and work. There is nothing in her posts inappropriate or embarrassing for Harry or his family. And at no time does she discus him or their relationship.

This recent post you dis is about a letter about ending poverty for women

https://mobile.twitter.com/meghanmarkle?lang=en

And if the misdeeds of family stopped a girlfriend, not sure we would have any royal brides. Maybe Sophie as her family has been quiet. Certainly Diana, Fergie, Kate, Philip, and Camilla would not make the list.

People tend to forget, that she is an American and has the RIGHT not only to voice her thoughts on HER OWN GOVERMENT. She did not say anything mean or vulgar. Like you stated, she has had a voice prior to her new boyfriend, this is what some of the Marches mean. Stand up & be heard. Women should be more than just a Fashion model & Baby making machine.
Old 01-24-2017, 12:11 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Regardless of the state of her fame and fortune due to her career, one thing stands out for me. She was successful on her own merits before Harry came into the picture and should the relationship fizzle out, she'll be comfortable enough in her own skin to continue to live her life on her own merits without him. She doesn't need Harry to make or break her in her place in the world.

Perhaps this is what Harry admires about her. He has a woman that has built up her life how she wants it to be, has taken on causes and issues and charitable works because she wants to and shares things in common with Harry. He's met a woman that sees Harry the man and not Harry the prince with a huge bank account. Every person who has wanted a strong, loving relationship wants that special someone that sees them for who they are and not the outer trappings.

What points this out so much for me is the fact that the few and far between reports that we've been able to establish as fact show that this isn't a couple that relishes living the high life with glitzy $5K a night hotel rooms, being out and being seen with the top A-listers or reports of expensive gifts of cars, jewels and over the top trinkets but a couple that are more the "just the two of us in some remote place" or staying in playing with dogs and cooking their own food and just focusing on each other.

They've kept to themselves and have kept their relationship private and its driving people crazy. They've also continued to live their public lives and do what they do knowing they don't have to gush publicly about each other or be in each other's back pockets all the time. If there is any woman in this world that could love Harry and take him as he is with all that come with him, I think Meghan is a pretty good contender for that role. However, it is up to them to decide. I'll just watch from the sidelines and wish them well.
Standing Ovation, Great post
Old 01-24-2017, 12:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther2000 View Post
People tend to forget, that she is an American and has the RIGHT not only to voice her thoughts on HER OWN GOVERMENT. She did not say anything mean or vulgar. Like you stated, she has had a voice prior to her new boyfriend, this is what some of the Marches mean. Stand up & be heard. Women should be more than just a Fashion model & Baby making machine.

Very true.
But, there's no need to be strident, either.

But I don't believe Meghan would be.
Old 01-24-2017, 01:30 PM
Gentry

Quote:

From what I have read about Meghan, mostly prior to her dating Harry, it would appear that she was raised to be caring and compassionate of others, especially those less fortunate than she. I get the impression that her acting "career" is merely the vehicle that allows her the freedom and wherewithal to perform her charitable work. If this is indeed the case, then giving up her acting career might not be a bad thing to her. Having that broader platform in addition to finding the love of her life might just be having her cake and eating it, too.
Old 01-24-2017, 01:51 PM
Royal Highness

The most obvious blind item ever: Beware The Beehive

Take it with a grain of salt.
Old 01-24-2017, 02:01 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Very true.
But, there's no need to be strident, either.

But I don't believe Meghan would be.
She has a right to her beliefs and since the announcements she has not tweeted anything political. Now the press is basically reaching and finding interviews she did years ago which is very peculiar. The must want Harry to end up alone and miserable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
The most obvious blind item ever: Beware The Beehive

Take it with a grain of salt.
Well that blind goes against the grain of the current people who say they have sources.
Old 01-24-2017, 02:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowVera View Post
She has a right to her beliefs and since the announcements she has not tweeted anything political. Now the press is basically reaching and finding interviews she did years ago which is very peculiar. The must want Harry to end up alone and miserable.
They dont give 2 figs about Harry. And it isnt the "press" its online media mainly the Daily Mail.

They need the clicks and people oblige. No story at present so theymake up stuff.

I really like that Harry and Meghan have avoided the media and long may they do so.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 01-24-2017, 03:23 PM
Nobility

Only DM are obsessing over her with their daily articles, because it brings clicks. No other outlet really publishes anything daily.

These blinds are hilarious, cdan are filled with similar.

Closed Thread