Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Different types of 'real love'. She was from a different time in his life.

LaRae
just don't get why anyone would wish them back together over pda. he has matured so much from that time in his life. he made so many mistakes then.
I never said that nor have I even intimated that he and Chelsy reunite. What I, and Dman for that matter, are getting at is that when Harry was with Chelsy there was no doubt that he was in love. It was all those loving looks and shared laughter rather than the PDA's the illustrated that.

Harry and Chelsy enjoyed each other, their wit, their shared happiness was a joy to watch. We want nothing less than a relationship that brings out the happiness, the joy, the laughter, that seems to have been missing on a personal level in Harry's life for quite some time.

Who the object of that affection will be is anyone's guess!

what was missing in his life at that time was maturity, motivation to put more of himself in doing his duties and work more to change people's lives . he has found joy and happiness in his projects . he cried at the first ig event. I don't know what else to tell you.

One can make an argument on the issue of maturity at the time, but, when it comes to real love and happiness between a couple, Harry and Chelsy had it. So far he hasn't gotten back to that. Now, I wish him well in finding love again. It ain't easy, but it's out there.

I never said that nor have I even intimated that he and Chelsy reunite. What I, and Dman for that matter, are getting at is that when Harry was with Chelsy there was no doubt that he was in love. It was all those loving looks and shared laughter rather than the PDA's the illustrated that.

Harry and Chelsy enjoyed each other, their wit, their shared happiness was a joy to watch. We want nothing less than a relationship that brings out the happiness, the joy, the laughter, that seems to have been missing on a personal level in Harry's life for quite some time.

Who the object of that affection will be is anyone's guess!

Totally agree :winkiss:

One can make an argument on the issue of maturity at the time, but, when it comes to real love and happiness between a couple, Harry and Chelsy had it. So far he hasn't gotten back to that. Now, I wish him well in finding love again. It ain't easy, but it's out there.

His immaturity at the time most likely affected his relationships with friends and family. there wasn't much or enough stability to steer him in the right path and fortunately he gained more confidence in sorting himself out years later. I still can't believe he never spoke of his mother until he was 28. he carried that pain throughout his first serious and longest relationship. I hope he finds a lady that can give him something that chelsy couldn't. someone that can help him find a balance between his private life and public role. I'm not saying he needs a yes lady or no lady. just someone different from the exes personality wise.

Last edited:
His immaturity at the time most likely affected his relationships with friends and family. there wasn't much or enough stability to steer him in the right path and fortunately he gained more confidence in sorting himself out years later. I still can't believe he never spoke of his mother until he was 28. he carried that pain throughout his first serious and longest relationship. I hope he finds a lady that can give him something that chelsy couldn't. someone that can help him find a balance between his private life and public role. I'm not saying he needs a yes lady or no lady. just someone different from the exes personality wise.

Well honestly... I was on sept 15 as well and I sometimes feel incredibly immature.. And I'm also not much of a talker about emotions. I'm currently lucky to have found some people who are just as insane as I can be. ? Not counting the fact men mature slower than women.

One thing it's easy to overlook is that not every girl (contrary to what Disney would like us to aim for!) wants to be a real life, bona fide Princess. Especially considering that the Prince she'd have to marry is perhaps the most famous Prince in the world. Any relationship Harry gets into will always have the inevitable discussion before any form of marriage proposal, which is "Do you think you can handle the responsibility?". It isn't a case of marrying just for love, there's the fact that she'll be harassed by the press, she'll have to forego privacy and independence and carry out a full diary of public engagements and ceremonial obligations.

So it isn't so much whether Harry has matured or whether he's ready - not in my view anyway. It's finding a girl willing to take on the entire firm as well.

I definitely agree with you on this. She'll not only be marrying Harry but just about the entire UK to boot and have every step she takes noticed and every thing she wears up for weeks upon weeks of discussion. She has to be seen to be always pleasant with a smile on her face and can't just call in "sick" to work if she has a headache. I can't imagine walking around after the wedding with people constantly looking to see if there's a "baby bump" and if I scowled because a fly flew up my skirt, there's trouble in the marriage.

Yeps... its not only a major decision to marry the man but also a major decision on how one's life is going to be for the rest of her life. :D

BTW: Good to see ya back again. You've been missed.

It's a fickle business. The UK press were obsessed with Kate until they broke up and then they dropped her like a stone and began to publish catalogues of eligibles! When they got back together, she was the new "saviour of the monarchy".....and now they're bored of her again. So even if you can deal with the attention it brings, you've got a constant threat over you of nasty articles claiming you're useless and lazy, even when you have actually been working hard and doing your duty. I wouldn't much fancy that sort of life!

And thankyou! :flowers:

If Harry's future wife can't have children for any reason, can they adopt or hire a surrogate? Or will Harry and his wife divorce?

No they can't adopt or hire a surrogate, at least not if they want the child to be in the succession. Why would they divorce??
They don't need to have heirs, William has 2 children..

If it is his wifes Eggs and His Sperm in a surrogate then I don't see how that would disqualify a Child of Harry's.

If it is his wifes Eggs and His Sperm in a surrogate then I don't see how that would disqualify a Child of Harry's.

the child would have to be born in the normal way in marriage.

The only factor that I could think of that would prevent being in the line of succession in this case would be the argument that the blood circulating through the unborn child was that of the surrogate. The child would not have the "blood royal".

I, though, don't think anything along these lines will ever come to pass.

ETA: not exactly sure about the blood. Did some searching and its only the nutrients from the surrogate that affect the fetus through the placenta. Its a complex matter it seems and it is call epigenetics

Last edited:
the child would have to be born in the normal way in marriage.

Sorry what?
There is really know rules 'governing' surrogacy, rules would have to be altered to cover the situation.

The only factor that I could think of that would prevent being in the line of succession in this case would be the argument that the blood circulating through the unborn child was that of the surrogate. The child would not have the "blood royal".

ETA: not exactly sure about the blood. Did some searching and its only the nutrients from the surrogate that affect the fetus through the placenta. Its a complex matter it seems and it is call epigenetics

Um, no. :ermm: The blood circulating through the baby is the baby's blood. There is no sharing of blood between mother and unborn baby. The blood and genetics come from the cells which created the baby, the parents. That is how women with AIDS can have babies without. The virus usually passes to their child either in delivery when the baby comes in contact or nursing.

Researchers believe a small amount of a surrogate dna may attach but so minimalistic in the trillions of cells, it would never be detected.

The issue would be with the public. There would always be rumours that the child is not Harry of his wife's baby in full. They could publish dna tests and theories would still spread. :sad:

Not that, but Im sure the child would have to be seen as born from the mother, who is the legal wife of the Prince. A surrogate carrying a baby is going tot give birth but she's not the legal wife. And an adopted child would not be In the line of succession either.
I can't see this happening anyway. Maybe in another 20 or 50 years, it might be considered Ok and they'd legislate for it. But there's no need for Harry to produce heirs.. so I can't see that they'd make any changes in the law unless it was the only way of producing an heier. There are LOADS of heirs, so that's not likely to be the case.

The kid would have Harry's Royal Genes and that of his lawful wife. The child would be genetically and legally legit.

Its an interesting scenario to ponder over but as the chances of something like this actually happening is slim to none, I think we're just splitting heirs here. :hiding:

Yes. Realistically They either have a child the fun old fashioned way or be Childless. Any bride of Harry's has to be fine with this.

Good one! (that's if harry and William HAVE any hair left in a few years).
I think it just would not happen.. it would lead ot all sorts of questions.. and really I don't think that Harry is that bothered about marriage and kids. he may say he would like botht but I just don't see him getting very worked up about it.
If he married and could not have them, I certainly feel he would be sad but he'd hardly divorce over it.

Why would she have to be fine with it? As said there are plenty of heirs. If someone would contest the child right to be heir then fine. Royals have children just like any other couple, because they want them. Of Charles would be the only sibling to have them. If Harry and his wife have trouble conceiving, which is a very common issue, why shouldn't they have help? They should be able to have kids if they want. Not is he the heir, and the old fashioned Henry viii mentality he should divorce her and find a rife who can have kids :ermm:

Found this on a uk website,

Birth mother is legal mother regardless of source of genetic material and if married, her husband is legal father. Parental orders are needed to reassign parents

Source: https://www.surrogacyuk.org/intended_parents/your-questions-answered

So technically, it probably violates succession rules.

With his wealth, Harry and theoretical wife if they were having conception problems could look to drug therapy and IVF as options before surrogacy.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Don't direct heirs to the throne have to be born both 'of the blood royal' (in one parent) and 'of the body' (in other words born in the normal way from the wife's womb)?

If some terrible disaster (God forbid) wiped out King William and his heirs, Harry would become the next King of course, but any adopted children or surrogates born in the marriage wouldn't be eligible under today's rules, as I understand it.

It's an extremely unlikely scenario anyway, but if a surrogate had been born during the marriage as an eldest child, using Harry's sperm and his wife's eggs, then the laws regarding Royal births and succession would have to be changed, I guess.

Last edited:
Don't direct heirs to the throne have to be born both 'of the blood royal' (in one parent) and 'of the body' (in other words born in the normal way from the wife's womb)?

If some terrible disaster (God forbid) wiped out King William and his heirs, Harry would become the next King of course, but any adopted children or surrogates born in the marriage wouldn't be eligible under today's rules, as I understand it.

It's an extremely unlikely scenario anyway, but if a surrogate had been born during the marriage as an eldest child, using Harry's sperm and his wife's eggs, then the laws regarding Royal births and succession would have to be changed, I guess.

I guess it all boils down to the exact meaning of "heirs of her body" (the actual language of the Act of Settlement).

Why would they change it just for Harry's kids. There are mess of people in line after Harry.

If they were concerned about children born out of wedlock and then parents marry or children born via surrogacy, they could have addressed those issues when they wrote the succession to the crown act.

This is a situation so unlikely that it is in outer space somewhere! However, laws in Britain often limp behind advances in technology and in community expectations, sometimes by decades. Look at laws governing male homosexual relationships, on-line bullying, on-line fraud etc etc. Nor, sometimes, do they encompass every possible scenario.

Last edited:
UK law is the birth mother is the legal mother of baby even if no genetic relationship. So the genetic parents have to basically adopt their biological child back. That's what should be changed if the birth parents have no genetic ties to the baby.

This has been discussed on the Gay Royalty thread.

Basically, British law recognizes the birth mother of a child born via a surrogacy as the legal mother - the surrogate has to give up her rights, and the parents have to adopt the child.

From a succession standpoint, this means that a child born via a surrogate is technically either an adopted child or an illegitimate one. If "adopted" then the child could hold courtesy titles, but if "illegitimate" then the child isn't even able to do that. I suspect that this would be changed if a royal were to actually have a child via a surrogate, although in all likelihood it will come about through a change in attitude among the peerage first, before being adapted for the RF.

But, regardless of succession rights and titles... why on earth would that prevent Harry and a wife from seeking a surrogate if they needed/wanted one? As has been said "there are loads of heirs" so why should his children being (or not being) in the line of succession be a factor to consider if Harry and his wife are unable to conceive through natural means?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom