The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 03:53 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Because some people really want her to do something wrong. They really want her to do something that would hopefully justify their dislike of her.
Bingo. First it was the overreaction to her Instagram pics and how that proved she was an attention seeker and not fit to be a royal girlfriend. Now that she has practically abandoned her personal account and rarely brings any attention on herself, the naysayers have to invent these ridiculous theories to justify their hate. I am sure some will now pivot and claim she called the paps to take these new pics of her in the airport.

Old 01-22-2017, 04:08 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Neither Catherine nor Meghan are responsible for their extended families but if we're going down the road of comparisons, Gary's cocaine use is hardly scandalous. Lets face it, cocaine is a drug of the middle and upper classes.

I wouldn't compare recreational drug use to violent assault with a gun, which is what Meghan's brother has been charged with.
Except recreational drug use is never 'just' recreational drug use. How many people in the production and supply chains of those drugs were killed before it reached these people? How many lives ruined? How many were tortured? How many forests were scarred forever?

Every person who buys and uses cocaine is supporting this trail of destruction. Putting a gun to someone's head is certainly more direct, but recreational drug users also have blood on their hands.

Which is not to say I think Kate should be hung, drawn and quartered for her uncle's actions because I don't. Nor should Meghan be held accountable for her half-brother's alleged crimes..

Old 01-22-2017, 04:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetticoatLane View Post
Except recreational drug use is never 'just' recreational drug use. How many people in the production and supply chains of those drugs were killed before it reached these people? How many lives ruined? How many were tortured? How many forests were scarred forever?

Every person who buys and uses cocaine is supporting this trail of destruction. Putting a gun to someone's head is certainly more direct, but recreational drug users also have blood on their hands.

Which is not to say I think Kate should be hung, drawn and quartered for her uncle's actions because I don't. Nor should Meghan be held accountable for her half-brother's alleged crimes..
I agree neither is responsible for their families but I certainly don't agree with the moral equivalency. Plus it's just a fact that society and the law does make a distinction between recreational drug use and violent gun crime.

Cocaine is socially acceptable with middle and upper-class people. Holding a gun to someone's head isn't socially acceptable.
Old 01-22-2017, 04:41 PM
Heir Apparent

There have been statements made around Twitter and Tumblr sites that Meghan really has no link with World Vision or any other charity. Hopefully this will shut them up. I think her charity work is admirable, and I do think that people who dislike her, and some who dislike Harry, have been scratching around trying to find something, anything, with which to attack her.

What's more, IMO, IF she and Harry are in love and wish to marry, they won't allow the actions of a man Meghan hasn't spoken to or seen for about fifteen years to stop them.
Old 01-22-2017, 04:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Does anyone know why 'security concerns' made Meghan cancel her trip a few weeks ago but now she's photographed in Mumbai airport without a care in the world?

I was expecting her to be surrounded by armed guards.
Old 01-22-2017, 04:58 PM
Majesty

This thread is turning into social commentary - which is not its purpose.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 01-22-2017, 05:06 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Does anyone know why 'security concerns' made Meghan cancel her trip a few weeks ago but now she's photographed in Mumbai airport without a care in the world?

I was expecting her to be surrounded by armed guards.
No, no-one knows. No-one knows for sure that she did cancel her trip or when it was originally planned for. No-one knows whether this is a reschedule, or whether it was the original intention and the postponement announcement was a red herring.

I have my suspicions, based on the timing of the postponement announcement happening immediately after two tumblr posters phoned around to various World Vision offices to ask about Meghan and her trip (generally, that looks suspiciously like stalking behaviour to celebrity handlers). But it's just a suspicioun.

But no, we don't know, for the very reason that not announcing her plans is itself a form of security.
Old 01-22-2017, 05:12 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
No, no-one knows. No-one knows for sure that she did cancel her trip or when it was originally planned for. No-one knows whether this is a reschedule, or whether it was the original intention and the postponement announcement was a red herring.

I have my suspicions, based on the timing of the postponement announcement happening immediately after two tumblr posters phoned around to various World Vision offices to ask about Meghan and her trip (generally, that looks suspiciously like stalking behaviour to celebrity handlers). But it's just a suspicioun.

But no, we don't know, for the very reason that not announcing her plans is itself a form of security.
I cannot believe that people were actually calling World Vision offices asking about Meghan. That is so creepy and invasive and embarassing!
Old 01-22-2017, 05:15 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post

Ok, that sounds scary and alarming. Are these people some Harry fans feeling entitled to all info about his girlfriend, or other kind of over zealous 'fans'?
Old 01-22-2017, 05:18 PM
Heir Apparent

And of course social media is saying Meghan arranged for these photos to counter the negative family stories.

No photos for a month and all of a sudden she's photographed returning from India.

Some unpleasant people on social media.
Old 01-22-2017, 05:18 PM
Heir Apparent

on the contrary, Cocoasneeze. These are her two chief attackers on Tumblr blog sites. They boasted about their enquiries, then said the trip was all lies and never planned.

There are unpleasant people elsewhere as well, who don't want this relationship to succeed. They pick on every little thing they can.
Old 01-22-2017, 05:36 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Let's face it. If a person is in the public eye and people deem such a person worthy of being "followed", they feel they have the right to know each and every little detail of this person's life and the people around their "star". Basically it is like being an astronomer and said star is like the sun with everything revolving around it.

There is a big difference in being interested in something such as all of us here have an interest in royalty for different reasons and making another human being the focus of one's life such as groupies do with a lot of celebrities. Tabloids and gossip sites feed the adoring groupies with anything they can dream up because they know they'll take it all in as fact and its fresh info. Buying broccoli ranks right up there with achieving world peace.

Harry and Meghan are very much flesh and blood human being just like you and I are and the last thing in the world they want or need is groupies. They have very public lives, have their own likes and dislikes and make mistakes and blunders like everyone else. None of us would like to be thought of as a cell underneath a microscope but this is exactly what some people do to people like Harry and Meghan. Its not interest. Its not even fandom. Its an obsession.
Old 01-22-2017, 05:53 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Sorry, I misunderstood. I do remember a lot of negative comment about Kate's family early on. People were particularly vicious about Carole Middleton and her family background.
People have attack and continue to attack the Middleton family.
Thanks Mermaid for bringing up article and reminding people of this.
Old 01-22-2017, 06:01 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
on the contrary, Cocoasneeze. These are her two chief attackers on Tumblr blog sites. They boasted about their enquiries, then said the trip was all lies and never planned.

There are unpleasant people elsewhere as well, who don't want this relationship to succeed. They pick on every little thing they can.
They pick and pick and when there's nothing to pick at they make things up. Last week, for instance, they were insisting that Meghan didn't actually graduate from Northwestern University. Nevermind that Northwestern has actually referred to the woman as an alum in various news articles about her - that's all a lie to make her seem more educated thanks actually is, apparently. SMH.
Old 01-22-2017, 07:55 PM
Super Moderator

Back on topic please, lets talk about the relationship, not about the media - there are other threads for that.
Old 01-23-2017, 09:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetticoatLane View Post
No, she wasn't a household name. But she also wasn't a nobody. She's had the kind of acting success that thousands, if not millions, of actresses would give their eye teeth for.

Be that as it may, there's no denying that Meghan went from a little-known actress to the most Googled actress of 2016.

That was entirely on the strength of her relationshipwith Harry.
Old 01-23-2017, 09:54 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Be that as it may, there's no denying that Meghan went from a little-known actress to the most Googled actress of 2016.

That was entirely on the strength of her relationshipwith Harry.
So far it hasn't helped her career wise at all, though. People googling her name won't bring her acting jobs.
Old 01-23-2017, 10:00 AM
Courtier

What were the chance that she would have an acting job outside of Hallmark films when Suits ended without Harry? I don't think her relationship (dating) hinder her career
Old 01-23-2017, 10:10 AM
Heir Apparent

The fact is, Meghan's fame is tied to Prince Harry. When I found out they were dating, I googled her and still didn't know who she was. Never heard of her or her show.

That's fine, Harry is one of the most famous royals in the world, but let's not pretend Meghan is his equal as far as name recognition goes.

When they break up she will be forever known as Prince Harry's former girlfriend.
Old 01-23-2017, 10:19 AM
Courtier

I watched 3 seasons of Suits and never bothered to find out her real name. When it was first reported actress Meghan Markle was dating Prince Harry, I had no idea who that was until I saw her and thought, "oh Rachel is dating Prince Harry!"

I hope she finds better roles if ever the relationship doesn't pan out. She is so unlikable as Rachel and actually stopped watching the show mainly because of her character. That being said, I hope these two make it work.

Closed Thread