Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How do we know how many security officers there are ? And I didn't think we knew 100% that it was Harry.

:previous: :lol: I think the betting line on whether or not it's Harry would be better than a sure thing! I'd definitely place huge sums on it. :ROFLMAO:

Although if you really don't want the guy in the pics to be Harry, continue on doubting... :p

I doubt if he's going to pay bills if his father is largely supporting him..

Of course Harry doesn't have to worry about money. He gets money from Prince Charles, but both William and Harry also inherited a substantial amount of money from their mother too.

I agree with @Curryong and others re the fact that Harry, Will and other royals need to be able to live their lives and not have to stay sequestered inside palace walls. Their position comes with the need for security measures. No one wants a repeat of what happened to Diana!

Last edited:
If you look at the pictures, you can see it's him. I do t know how long he stayed with Meghan, but it's him. They visit each other very often. It's how they maintain a long distant relationship.

Very grainy photos and still don't know how we know he had 7 security personnel. ???

This is one long distance relationship with serious two way travel! Both sides (and ok - isn't it great that they can afford it!!) making the effort to be together whenever possible.

I think it has been mentioned previously on this thread that Harry will be spending more time in Canada this summer due to the Invictus Games being hosted there this year?

Also mooted was the suggestion that Meghan wants to set up her own charity (newspaper article only peeps! ;) !), but if true, something of her own rather than taken on as a royal sponsorship further down the line?

Prince Harry spends Easter with Meghan Markle as it's revealed she wants to start her own charity - Mirror Online

its not the same. they are elected officials, they have doen SOMETHING to earn their privilege, even if it is only to win an election.. whereas the RF have not. And since Harry's father is immensely wealthy, he should shoulder some of the security costs IMO or tell Harry to stay home..

The RF do not choose for them to have security, the government o the day does. Security cannot be used as an excuse to cage members of the BRF.

As to whether the RF have done something to earn their privileges, if we want to get rid of them, we just need 51% of the voting population to vote them outin a referendum. Fact is, most of us are quite happy with the BRF and do not want to change the system. So lets not nit pick about things.

If she's been divorced it is likely that they would have to go for a civil wedding with a blessing. But the reason that the Edward and Sophie weddig was quieter was that at the time the RF had been in a downturn PR wise and they were clearly opting for a simpler wedding than might have been the case had there not been the various problems of the 90s, the Windsor fire, the Diana's death etc. Harry is the second son of the future kIng, he will have to have a publicised wedding..

No it's not likely. The Church of England allows divorcees to marry with permission. That permission is not likely to be denied. Anne got remarried in the church after all. Charles was the future head of the church marrying a woman who helped break up his first marriage. Harry and Meghan are not comparable.

I thought Anne remarried in the Church of Scotland?

LaRae

If she's been divorced it is likely that they would have to go for a civil wedding with a blessing. But the reason that the Edward and Sophie weddig was quieter was that at the time the RF had been in a downturn PR wise and they were clearly opting for a simpler wedding than might have been the case had there not been the various problems of the 90s, the Windsor fire, the Diana's death etc. Harry is the second son of the future kIng, he will have to have a publicised wedding..

Had Anne, Andrew and Edward been young and married today, they wouldn't (whether it had been for the crises in the 90s or not) have had a big Abbey Wedding with a carriage procession to and from the palace followed by balcony appearance. (And they are children of the monarch)

And as I said in the post 5031, the monarchy is as popular as ever with record high support in several polls since 2002, some of over 80%, but we live in a different era with a more critical press than we did in the 60s, 70s, 80s and even the 90s.

William had (when he was at height of his popularity) a scaled-down wedding in comparison with the Abbey weddings in the 70s and 80s, and there were still complaining from media and other people about the costs etc. (He was not a child of the monarch, but as the eldest son of the heir, he was more important than Anne/Andrew)

And as I've said in previous posts, Harry will have a large televised wedding, but it won't be on the scale of William's.

I should think there will be government input into any proposed royal weddings. With said government frantically promoting the UK post Brexit they could push for a wedding with more pomp and circumstance than either Harry or his lady would prefer. Smaller than William's of course however, they would have to pay the piper so to speak.

Ok wasn't sure why it (Anne's second marriage) was brought up then...since it's not the CoE...unless Church of Scotland means something else?

LaRae

Church of Scotland allows divorcees to marry

Church of England doesnt do that automatically. Charles was not the issue re marrying in church, it was Camilla because she was a divorcee.

I think it will be same as Charles - civil wedding and blessing.

The c of E has always permitted private judgement, but it is up to the individual clergyman/woman to decide what he or she thinks is right.

Church of Scotland allows divorcees to marry

Church of England doesnt do that automatically. Charles was not the issue re marrying in church, it was Camilla because she was a divorcee.

I think it will be same as Charles - civil wedding and blessing.

Right I understand about the CoE, Camilla has a living husband and the CoE doesn't do decrees of nullity..at least not formally. I knew Anne was in a similar situation and that she had to go to Scotland to marry Tim. I just couldn't figure out the Anne reference...it clicked now.

However...I don't see Prince Harry getting married at a small civil service ala Charles. If the CoE doesn't recognize her marriage (as has been opined here) then there wouldn't be an impediment right?

LaRae

However...I don't see Prince Harry getting married at a small civil service ala Charles. If the CoE doesn't recognize her marriage (as has been opined here) then there wouldn't be an impediment right?

LaRae

CoE does recognise civil marriage, meaning it also recognises she's divorced.

Hmmm will be interesting to see what happens, if he marries a divorcee.

LaRae

Ok wasn't sure why it (Anne's second marriage) was brought up then...since it's not the CoE...unless Church of Scotland means something else?

LaRae

I brought it is not outbid question for the family, for a divorcee to have a church wedding. When it comes to royal weddings it's not about church rules alone. It is about public opinion and pr.

Charles could have had a church wedding. The archbishop performed a blessing which gives pretty clear nod the church wasn't opposed. But the royals new the backlash of Charles marrying Camilla. Then there was the whole, future head of the church second wedding to an adulteress.

There is no reason at all to think Harry has to or will have a civil wedding. Even with the criticism of his wedding, there was questioning of the legality of Charles only having a civil wedding. Harry and Meghan will have children, which also changes the outlook.

Whether it's a large public one, or smaller private, IMO the church will be involved.

I married a divorcee in a CoE church. All we were asked is that our relationship did not cause his divorce. That's why Charles and Camilla didn't marry in church. When Anne and Tim married CoE didn't allow divorcees to marry but that rules has since. Harry and Meghan will be fine

I married a divorcee in a CoE church. All we were asked is that our relationship did not cause his divorce. That's why Charles and Camilla didn't marry in church. When Anne and Tim married CoE didn't allow divorcees to marry but that rules has since. Harry and Meghan will be fine

My brother-in-law is a CoE minister. It's up to individual clerics to agree to perform the marriage.

If Harry marries Meghan, it won't be automatic it's a church wedding, but even if it is, it probably won't be in the Abbey for the sake of optics

Last edited:
No one knows where the wedding will be, it could be the Abbey, could be St George's. It's certain to be televised however, and the crowds will be out. This will be the last wedding of a senior Royal for probably a generation.

:previous:I'm sure that Ancestry.Com would be more than happy to oblige Ms. Markle and her family for a small fee. ;)

Should we have an announcement from KP in the future, I'm positive that we'll receive the family tree and all of its branches.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thankyou, Alisa for the Reitman's info. Another significant shift perhaps.

Yes, I remember that article Alisa. It contrasted Harry's ancestors with Meghan's. I think it was posted here and is buried in the bowels of this thread somewhere. It went far back into the 19th century on the maternal line, but I don't think her father's ancestors got the treatment. Less romantic, I suppose.

Actually, in all the years Harry dated Chelsy Davy I can't remember them going back any further than her grandfather. When Harry and Meghan are engaged the ancestor hunting will start in earnest, I guess.

It will be interesting to see where Meghan fits into the British class system. She'll be the most 'commoner' bride in generations.

A few months ago an article digged up her ancestry and spoke of her slave ancestors from the deep south (southern USA).

I think her father's side were Maltese and Irish.

It will be interesting to see where Meghan fits into the British class system. She'll be the most 'commoner' bride in generations.

Meghan's 'class' won't enter into it. She's an American and as such will be outside the British habit of classification. Americans have a class system based (for the most part) on wealth not birth. She'll be fine Rudolph, don't worry so much. :D

Last edited:
She'll be marrying into a family and country with a class system. Americans don't get a pass.

Her background and family will matter in 'polite' social circles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom